Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

not sure this is really evocative of "medieval fantasy" but okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

edit: nvm

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 18, 2016

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Hi friends,

If you're looking for the last piece of an armor set or a particular weapon, Reddit's put together a already robust loot guide with stats and locations.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Me, hearing "No... that was my friend! I'll gut you for this!" for the first time: :smith:

Me, hearing "No... that was my friend! I'll gut you for this!" for the thousandth time: :unsmigghh:

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

:negative:

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

MrTheDevious posted:

Ha I found that too. Somebody entered 1 instead of 10 into one of the records. Here's my fix

http://www.filedropper.com/selnasetfix

Oh my goodness!! That's extremely kind of you to share!

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Fleve posted:

including Jespar.

loving Jespar's quests broke for me more than anything I encountered in Skyrim, and he broke hard. I never had to learn the setstage command before I talked to that white goatee rear end in a top hat.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I made a very teeny tiny mod that adds three Ambrosia potions to the Sun Temple alchemist's store inventory.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Enderal's :siren:ending:siren: has 15+ minutes of a god in the machine explaining the rest of the plot with dialogue you can't skip conventionally. This is followed by a few minutes of killing recolored falmer, then a decision to either martyr yourself and let an entire continent die, or to survive and let literally everyone except one other person die. Game over. There is no boss fight with the smug Reapers High Ones that taunt you the whole game. There is no fight with the fanatical general that succeeds in butchering every innocent person you meet in Ark.

It's an anticlimax that's all performed in service of a sophomoric message about egotism, responsibility and the nature of man. I know that's the message, because the machine god states this multiple times in his unskippable monologue.

Even if I liked the writing, I feel RPGs like Enderal are all about collecting better and better gear, with the expectation that you'll be using it against a challenging final boss at the end. When there is no real final boss, it sort of nullifies the whole progression.

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Gobblecoque posted:

Are they? I don't really feel like this has happened with at least Bethesda RPGs since like Morrowind.

fwiw I have the same issue with the Bethesda games too. I only said it about Enderal because Nehrim had a kinda challenging (if also really goofy and broken) final boss. Besides, I wrote that post after midnight after burning through the last few hours of the game. Just dismiss it as cranky sleepyposting :tootzzz:

• Locked thread