Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

i thought it would be sugary because its bright red and popular but get this its pretty good

i put it in some pho with tripe and tendon and fatty beef and meatballs. with the mint and lime juice it was really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

im gaye posted:

i thought it would be sugary because its bright red and popular but get this its pretty good

i put it in some pho with tripe and tendon and fatty beef and meatballs. with the mint and lime juice it was really good

Sriracha is garbage.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

im not too proud to admit i am sometimes wrong

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
It's good poo poo and goes on almost anything.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

im gaye posted:

nice meltdown

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sriracha has a taste that really goes well with certain things but imo people who just dump it on literally everything are degenerates

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

cloofish posted:

nice meltdown

:eyepop:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Yeah, sticking it in pho is a pro move. Better than chili oil in pho at least imo. Glad to see youve voluntarily joined us in the 21st century op. Welcome!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

sriracha is alright. It's the ketchup of spicy condiments, you don't gain any points for liking it, you seem a little fogey by being this late to the party, but there's nothing wrong with it. I'm glad your food horizons have widened! But maybe you should get away from the scrub poo poo and get yourself a bottle of cholula and tapatio because vaguely 'asian' spice is inferior to mexican spice

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

hemophilia posted:

sriracha is alright. It's the ketchup of spicy condiments, you don't gain any points for liking it, you seem a little fogey by being this late to the party, but there's nothing wrong with it. I'm glad your food horizons have widened! But maybe you should get away from the scrub poo poo and get yourself a bottle of cholula and tapatio because vaguely 'asian' spice is inferior to mexican spice

im little fogey irl but i think tapatio is also pedestrian (but still good)

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Different uses. As good as cholula is im not sure it would be as good in pho as rooster sauce.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I could never figure out how to open the squirt bottle of sriracha

you have to cut open the top or something wtf is this poo poo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

probably, i don't eat a lot of asian food honestly. Last time I had a really good thai curry but that was in 2011

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

whats the name of the super sweet vietnamese bbq sauce that looks like black bean paste

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Ein cooler Typ posted:

1. Unscrew the whole top, it will come off.

2. Peel the foil you find under there.

3. Screw top back on, you can now twist the nozzle when you want to dispense rooster sauce.

4. You dumb rear end

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it's the exact same as a bottle of ketchup or mustard how can you not figure out how to open it . Oh right goons haha loving goons right guys. GOONS

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
no it's different

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
if you mix some with mayo it's great on a burger

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ein cooler Typ posted:

no it's different

its not I have a bottle in my fridge bitch

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

hemophilia posted:

But maybe you should get away from the scrub poo poo and get yourself a bottle of cholula and tapatio because vaguely 'asian' spice is inferior to mexican spice

Is Cholula really that much less "scrubby"? I like it but it's on tables as standard in ubiquitous cheap British pub chain Wetherspoon's so it's hardly some cool pro-tier stuff.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

im gaye posted:

whats the name of the super sweet vietnamese bbq sauce that looks like black bean paste

everytime im at the local vietnamese buffet i scream MAO DIDI MAO until they bring it to me so i dont have tow alk

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

im gaye posted:

im little fogey irl but i think tapatio is also pedestrian (but still good)

valentina black label is where it's at for mass market mexican hot sauce

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

comes along bort posted:

valentina black label is where it's at for mass market mexican hot sauce

nope, el yucateco

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i dont really like it by itself but a teaspoon of it mixed with two cups of mayo make a great sandwich spread.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Blue Train posted:

nope, el yucateco

sounds too much like 'the yucky taco'

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

afeelgoodpoop posted:

i dont really like it by itself but a teaspoon of it mixed with two cups of mayo make a great sandwich spread.

much better with closer to equal amounts mayo and srircha are you even trying to taste anything but mayo brother

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Turn off your monitor

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
some of them are different tho

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

photalk:

tendon was different but flavorful and at first i thought it was just gooey beef fat

my grandma refused to buy/eat tripe because it wasnt fit for white people

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Frank's Red Hot is better

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
having a big ole plate of rice and meat, dousing that bitch in sriracha and going to town is one of life's great pleasures

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Making a half-assed aoli with mayo and sriracha also works well on bay shrimp and avocado on English muffins.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

im gaye posted:

photalk:

tendon was different but flavorful and at first i thought it was just gooey beef fat

my grandma refused to buy/eat tripe because it wasnt fit for white people

that poo poo'll give you gout yo

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Making a half-assed aoli with mayo and sriracha also works well on bay shrimp and avocado on English muffins.

aioli is a garlic sauce you stupid bastard it is not any fancy mayo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Celluloid Sam posted:

aioli is a garlic sauce you stupid bastard it is not any fancy mayo

Sriracha is a garlic sauce, and I believe that I made it clear that I was talking about a half-assed aioli. :colbert:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

that poo poo'll give you gout yo

verdict: worth it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lmao

"aioli" is a garlic sauce
"X aioli" is X mixed with mayo

scrubs

im gaye posted:

verdict: worth it

yeah just in moderation

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

aioli more like ayyy lmaoli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Wowbagger2004 posted:

Is Cholula really that much less "scrubby"? I like it but it's on tables as standard in ubiquitous cheap British pub chain Wetherspoon's so it's hardly some cool pro-tier stuff.

its not about obscurity, just quality of spicy flavor and how universal it is as an enhancer.

sriracha is pretty novel and tasty but it's not as good as what professionals use to kick their food up a notch.

buffalo wing sauces are a different thing, though, and the penis size scovile unit competition in it is terrible and i'm not talking about any of it

• Locked thread