Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the cumshot facial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
invest money on weed

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

paul_soccer10 posted:

invest money on weed

how does this constitute self improvement

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Wulfolme posted:

It doesn't don't listen to soccer10

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wulfolme posted:

What does constitute mean

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

paul_soccer10 posted:

What does constitute mean

It's the document our government is based on

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It's the document our government is based on

You said not to listen to him, why are you responding to him

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Wulfolme posted:

it's in the constitution duh

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Wulfolme posted:

that was with regard to weed

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

big guy hellions, underwear personals, Pt. Deux

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

AKA The Constitution

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wulfolme posted:

you get some weed

naem
May 29, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What's ur favorite pencil?

Mechanical vs Traditional?

4h 😎

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
screw pencils, get good at pens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voqYX8_VjvQ

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I heard somebody was sucking dick and I came as fast as I could

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Cooking! It saves you money, it's a form of art (perhaps the oldest?) and best of all gives you something to do at family gatherings. What, everyone's going to see a putrid movie? I'd love to but I'm in charge of dinner!

Being a skilled cook also permanently kicks you up a notch or two on the attractiveness index. Guys and gals like a guy or gal who can cook. It's very sensual. :3:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
U should get good at summoning so u can summon a Djinn.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ork of Fiction posted:

No don't these guys are assholes.

Get good at suicide.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

rock rock posted:

No don't these guys are assholes.

Get good at suicide.
Suicide is like riding a bike where once you get it, you've got it.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ork of Fiction posted:

Summon the spirit of psyopmonkey and Joey cat

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Definitely get good at food. You can take inspiration from this guy

https://youtu.be/U-QYQtUxSPo

use the best goon video, cooking or otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdnQ0nO3AcY

yes this is real, and yes i hope we never stop talking about it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Wulfolme posted:

I have numerous pursuits, goons. However, I am not good enough at any of them for someone to pay me to do them. I want this to change but I can't decide where to start.

Pencils?

Food?

Computers?

Or even musical guitars?

There are so many choices, goons. Too many, it would seem. Please suggest choices. Except sucking dick, that suggestion is unhelpful.

the correct answer is fisting hookers :confused:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ALSO WAIT, HANG ON, HAD ANYONE SAID POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 :roflolmao:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What's ur favorite pencil?

Mechanical vs Traditional?

clutch you stupid bastard

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Wulfolme posted:

i have a set of prismacolor colored pencils but i'm terrified to use them on anything because i drop poo poo a lot and i was warned that colored pencil lead is notoriously fragile

That's what the sharpener is for. Don't be the OCD art supply freak who can't stand to use new pencils. Those pencils WANT to be nubs.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

That's what the sharpener is for. Don't be the OCD art supply freak who can't stand to use new pencils. Those pencils WANT to be nubs.

I know. I know. I am more of a collector than a maker and it's a constant, crushing disappointment. I have 7 guitars and 2 bad recordings of guitar playing. I have every adobe thing that is and an affordable Wacom tablet i made my avatar picture and one "intentionally bad" gunnerkrigg court fan comic. I could be sitting at a giant monitor in a computer lab at my college that I'm still attending at age 28 learning to use Maya instead of sitting in the nude at the desk where I masturbate. I've been trying to work through a set of programming tutorials for a C++ game making API since 2006. I get a third of the way through and stop. The last time I touched the stuff was near Christmas of last year. I am going nowhere and doing nothing and it makes me hate myself and if I can't find a way to stop hating myself I am resigned to the idea of eventually killing myself.

so i drew a bunch of nakedp eople with the pencils because that is what you are supposed to do to get good at pencils What should i draw now with the pencils Should I draw a massive stylized GBS I like that idea ima do that thanks goons

do you want to see the naked pencil people

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

Yes except I think you have to nws them because this isn't CC

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Wulfolme posted:

I know. I know. I am more of a collector than a maker and it's a constant, crushing disappointment. I have 7 guitars and 2 bad recordings of guitar playing. I have every adobe thing that is and an affordable Wacom tablet i made my avatar picture and one "intentionally bad" gunnerkrigg court fan comic. I could be sitting at a giant monitor in a computer lab at my college that I'm still attending at age 28 learning to use Maya instead of sitting in the nude at the desk where I masturbate. I've been trying to work through a set of programming tutorials for a C++ game making API since 2006. I get a third of the way through and stop. The last time I touched the stuff was near Christmas of last year. I am going nowhere and doing nothing and it makes me hate myself and if I can't find a way to stop hating myself I am resigned to the idea of eventually killing myself.

so i drew a bunch of nakedp eople with the pencils because that is what you are supposed to do to get good at pencils What should i draw now with the pencils Should I draw a massive stylized GBS I like that idea ima do that thanks goons

what's wrong with drawing something wholesome like an apple or a bicycle or a goatse

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

a hole-y ghost posted:

Yes except I think you have to nws them because this isn't CC

ok ill actually draw some fresh ones because i was lying before about actually doing it

see you in 3 hours

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I heard that if you want to get good at drawing people (I think this includes naked people??) you have to imagine them as boxes and cylinders and other stupid bullshit like that. Also never use an eraser ever. Heres my example.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

a hole-y ghost posted:

I heard that if you want to get good at drawing people (I think this includes naked people??) you have to imagine them as boxes and cylinders and other stupid bullshit like that. Also never use an eraser ever. Heres my example.

nah you gotta draw from observations, breaking them into shapes defeats the purpose of the exercise which is to draw what your eye is seeing instead of what logic or your imagination is telling you

not that i'd loving know

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

mainly you gotta stand around drawing some dude with his donger out for six hours at a stretch

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

damnit now I gotta toss out my sketchbook full of cylinder dicks

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

have to have really good dexterity for assembling the tiny parts that make up the iphone

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Heres a goon-run YouTube art channel—it's really amazing what art learning resources are just out there for free!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFVPENNiQU4

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Pencil, once you master the art of sharpening them, hipsters will give you lots of money.

http://www.artisanalpencilsharpening.com/

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I've always wanted to look through old microfilm newspapers and find some weird story that is talked about a lot in the papers but no one has written a lot about after the fact and then immerse myself in that topic and write a book. You could try that.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

OctoberBlues posted:

I've always wanted to look through old microfilm newspapers and find some weird story that is talked about a lot in the papers but no one has written a lot about after the fact and then immerse myself in that topic and write a book. You could try that.

This is an interesting suggestion, but I suppose I should clarify: I have dozens of tools and supplies meant to be used in some pursuit, and every one of them lies dusty and disused but never forgotten. Some metaphorically, some quite literally. I came to GBS seeking a reason beyond my own impotent self-motivation to act on anything at all. Preferably a stupid reason.

You should go do that, though. I can already imagine the kind of forgotten curiosities to be found in newspapers from the 50's alone.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Wulfolme posted:

This is an interesting suggestion, but I suppose I should clarify: I have dozens of tools and supplies meant to be used in some pursuit, and every one of them lies dusty and disused but never forgotten. Some metaphorically, some quite literally. I came to GBS seeking a reason beyond my own impotent self-motivation to act on anything at all. Preferably a stupid reason.

You should go do that, though. I can already imagine the kind of forgotten curiosities to be found in newspapers from the 50's alone.

just do something even if you don't want to do it

every day i do a bit of maths, a bit of french and a bit of drawing. i don't always feel like it but whenever I stop doing it and skip a day or two it's a complete pain in the rear end to pick it up again. After doing it for a while you get better and you can keep going at it or try something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
these were totally naked people you might just not be able to tell because theyre pencils now

these were timed naked pencil people drawings and you cannot discern the boobies and et cereal because i didnt make time for the boobies

should i get more better at pencils today goons or should i guitar or something instead

• Locked thread