Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

With that horrible gargoyle woman I really was trying to draw the general shape of each feature instead of just what I'd imagine lips or some poo poo to look like. Sometimes I even unfocus my eyes so that I'm not seeing a mouth, I'm just seeing a dark patch against a light patch and I draw the shape of the dark patch. I think that I'm just not good enough at the pencils yet to be making a good face that's only an inch across and I should either use much larger paper or avoid non-headshot faces altogether until i've had more practice.
yeah, that's the other thing, don't draw tiny. It's easier to draw larger and as a bonus, people are more impressed by big drawings than by small drawings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Wulfolme posted:

what's wrong with them

what am i supposed to be doing in 30 seconds that im leaving out

They're very stiff and angular. Czech out this guys YouTube corporation: https://youtu.be/74HR59yFZ7Y

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

draw fruit

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I already told him to do a self portrait

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

a hole-y ghost posted:

I already told him to do a self portrait

yw i totally set that up for you... you can thank me later in the thanking room

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

no way, you're not going to fool me with that "thanking room" poo poo again, I'm NOT going back in there.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Definitely get good at food. You can take inspiration from this guy

https://youtu.be/U-QYQtUxSPo

I'm not going to click that and just assume it's the cooking with your own cum guy.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I'm still alive and sad! I don't get good at things during the days where I have to work because I'm too tired to do anything but prepare for more time at work on those days.

I drew an object goons should recognize. Not a full cleanup or complete render, and I know I need to take things to their absolute conclusion more often but at least I haven't put everything down and forgotten about it. The shame and guilt I have brought upon myself with this thread is inducing meager perseverance. For that I thank you all. Yay.

This is actually valuable. I have some near-forgotten college art training from before the electroconvulsive therapy, and if I want to continue it I need to warm everything back up.

I would like to get better at guitars for a while though, or maybe drums. I have some dusty drums. Everything in my house is dusty.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Friginator posted:

Get good at sucking dick

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

get good at dusting

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Circles don't become sharp when you look at them from an angle. Trying drawing them as ovals instead of almond shapes.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
You should get better at drawing so that you can draw a djinn.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
two words my man: huffing huffing huffing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

• Locked thread