Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

------------------------------

WWE Universal Championship Match
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor

WWE World Championship Match
Dean Ambrose © vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE United States Championship Match
Rusev © vs. Roman Reigns

The Brock Match
Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar

Grudge Match
John Cena vs. AJ Styles

Tag Team Match
Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Jeri-KO

Tag Team Championships Match
The New Day © vs. The Club

WWE Women's Championship Match
Sasha Banks © vs. Charlotte

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
The Miz © vs. Apollo Crews

Best of Seven Series: Match 1
Cesaro vs. Sheamus

------------------------------

RAW RESULTS

Raw opens up with Seth Rollins outside the arena saying he has unfinished buisness from last week. He's here to confront Finn Balor, or should he say the Demon King Balor. Rollins demands the Demon King show his face right now outside. Nothing happens of course so Rollins says instead of waiting for the Demon King, he's going to go looking for him.

Rusev and Lana are in the ring they are ranting about how they both deserve respect and demand an appology from Roman Reigns from last Moday. They say no matches and no stupid superstars tonight until Roman appologizes. Mick Foley comes out with his newly dyed beard. Rusev trash talks him and says he's an awful GM. Demands Stephanie McMahon to come out. Steph doe and he tries to kiss her rear end, but she's not having any of it. Rusev threatens to go to Smackdown. Roman Reigns comes out finally and insults Lana and Rusev. Rusev demands a match because of Roman disrespecting his wife. Foley says at SummerSlam it is still Roman vs. Rusev for the US title but tonight its Roman vs Rusev for respect.

Sheamus is getting interviewed in the ring. He's trying to talk about how he's better than Cesaro but the crowd keeps interupting him. He then talks about how Sami Zayn's been trash talking him on twitter and that is why he's facing him next.

Sami Zayn defeated Sheamus after Cesaro distracted Sheamus.

Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho are getting interviewed backstage by Tom Phillips. They are calling him every other name but Tom. Tonight is Kevin Owens vs. Big Cass one on one. Jericho and Owens banter back and forth. Kevin says he knows how to spell soft and its not S-A-W-F-T and he's not even a native English speaker. Jericho got the crowd to chant "it".

Sheamus and Cesaro are backstage arguing and getting split up by referees. Foley is pissed and demands the two to wrestle each other in a Best of Seven series. Their first match of the series will be at SummerSlam.

Before New Day vs Dudley Boyz begins another backstage Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson testicle doctor segment airs and it is as cringe worthy as the last one.

New Day defeat the Dudley Boyz. Gallows and Anderson make more testicle and penis puns on the tron. Kofi mentions how they traveled the world as international tag team champs and just came to WWE to joke about balls. Woods calls them a bunch of humanoid looking phalluses and then says the Club can't lay a hand on the rest of their New Day rocks.

Seth Rollins is backstage looking for the Demon King Balor still. He sees Neville backstage and Neille says that Rollins isn't ready for the Demon King because he's been in the ring with Finn Balor when he gets that way.

Nia Jax squashs jobber Rachel Levy. Rachel watched a lot of the Olympics before her match and saw the smaller athletes there doing anything they put their heart into so she should be able to beat Nia because of that mindset.

Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman are out to talk about Randy Orton. Before they can even start Heath Slater comes out. Paul Heyman has no idea why Slater is out here. Slater is talking about how he is the biggest Free Agent going today. He wants Paul Heyman to represent him and Heyman laughs his rear end off. Heath says that he's actually out here to challenge Brock Lesnar to a match tonight because if he wins he gets a Raw contract and an apperance on SummerSlam. Heyman and Brock ignore him and start their speal. Slater snaps and screams at him say he needs this contract. Heath doesn't want a match but he needs a match for his kids. Heyman is telling him no to save his rear end and Heath says he can't be saved. Brock takes the mic and says he respects a man for trying to do this for his kids and family. Brock talks about how he's got kids and he knows what its like. He brings Heath in and brings him close before Brock tells Slater he doesn't give a poo poo about his kids. Brock tells him to leave the ring or die. Heath halls off to punch Brock but gets taken to Suplex City before finishing him with an F5.

Heyman gives Slater props for trying to take on Brock face to face, which is nothing that Randy Orton can do. Heyman hypes up Brock and says The Beast is in Heat. He says he doesn't understand why he has to hype up Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton because Orton isn't on Brock's level, because no one is. This isn't about promoting Orton, because Brock is the only thing that matters at SummerSlam. People don't care who Brock is destroying, you will pay to see the Best Incarnate, Brock Lesnar.

Enzo and Cass are out talking about how they are gonna have a BBQ in Brooklyn, they gonna grill some hotdogs, some zuccinis, some sausages, some burgers, and the two Canadian Bacons of Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho.

Big Cass defeats Kevin Owens by DQ when Jericho attacks Enzo and then Cass on the outside early in the match. JeriKO lay out Cass with double team Superkick into Codebreaker.

Roman Reigns is walking back in catering and says he's representing his bloodline and is gonna kick Rusev's rear end. He doesn't care why Rusev is fighting and will take him in a food fight or whatever. Rusev ambushes Roman and slams him into a boxes and walls as well as off the catering table before people break it up.

On the Raw Preshow Titus O'Neil talked Bob Backlund and Darren Young into reforming the Prime Time Players. Bob Backlund and the Prime Time Players do a Millions of Dollars dance and Bob gets too excited and puts both in a headlock. Druing the match Backlund distracts Titus on the outside as Darren runs the ropes and knocks Titus off the apron. Titus gets back in the ring and lays out Darren allowing the Shining Stars to win.

Shining Stars defeat the Prime Time Players when Titus turns on Darren.

Neville defeats Jinder Mahal on his first Raw match.

Mick Foley and Stephanie are talking about big news, which is Jon Stewart is back as a special guest for Summer Slam. Seth Rollins comes in looking for the Demon King. He says he hasn't seen him all day so he was gonna leave. Steph and Mick said Seth probably deserves the night off if he can't find Finn Balor. Mick than says he should check the ring as that's the last place Seth hasn't checked, unless Seth was scared.

Seth is out in the ring demanding the Demon King to come out. He asks for him to come out and nothing happens and Seth says that Finn is trying to intimidate him because he's afraid of Seth. Finn is just another guy and no demon. His stories are nothing compared to the scary things that Finn will see in Seth's eyes. A fan runs into the ring and Seth is just staring at him. Backwards demonic talking begins as the lights flicker before the Finn Balor in full demon garb comes out. Demon Balor lurks his way to the ring before coming face to face with Rollins before fighting with him and sending him running.

The Club defeats Golden Truth. They came out still dressed up like doctors with Big E's "testicle" and set it with the other jars they have for New Day. After the match New Day ran down and attacked Gallows and Anderson. New Day were going to hit Anderson in the dick with the trombone but Gallows saved him.

Dana Brooke came up to Charlotte backstage and wanted to apologize to her. Charlotte instead insulted her and laughed in her face. Charlotte said she'd have gold around her waist soon enough and hopes Dana Brooke cries over what Charlotte said to her.

Charlotte defeats Alicia Fox while Sasha Banks was on commentary. Charlotte begged for Sasha to come to the ring for a fight. Dana Brooke tries to jump Sasha but gets laid out. Charlotte takes out Sasha's knee and locks her in the Figure 8 and refuses to break the hold.

A video package airs for Braun Strowman instead of a match tonight.

Roman Reigns defeats Rusev in a pretty long match on the go home show before their PPV match on Sunday to end Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

everyone wish forums poster Hace a happy birthday

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman owns. Rusev owns. Finn is poo poo

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

wait so they gave away the demon entrance and reigns/rusev? the gently caress

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Raw was a show where it felt like they ran out of PPV build last week so they did nothing and gave away the US title match, not that I'm complaining I get to watch the big boys wrestle again

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

happy birthday hace

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oatgan posted:

happy birthday, forums poster Hace

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Brock Lesbian posted:

I DEMAND FRUIT PENIS

also, Happy Birthday, Hace.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I hope Heath Slater gets his win back on Brock some day.

Also happy birthday, Hace.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

Happy Birthday duder.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I like watching Cesaro. I love watching Cesaro. Why the gently caress is it a best of seven series.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

happy birthday hace, sorry about raw

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

oatgan posted:

Happy birthday, Hace

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Happy birthday Hace

Raw was bad unfortunately, thankfully Smackdown tomorrow will prove why it is actually the A show

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

wait so they gave away the demon entrance and reigns/rusev? the gently caress

The Demon entrance worked, IMHO. Like I wouldn't have done it but it's defensible. That main, on the other hand...

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Happy birthday Hace

Raw was bad unfortunately, thankfully Smackdown tomorrow will prove why it is actually the A show

just like the last two weeks

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Happy birthday, Young Hace

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
happy birthday hace, rip finn balor

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i'm excited to see a new version of the progressively sadder ADR/Sheamus images with Cesaro in Alberto's place

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I missed Brock's segment. Did he actually say "poo poo"?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Demon entrance worked, IMHO. Like I wouldn't have done it but it's defensible. That main, on the other hand...

i gotta watch how they did it, the only thing i saw live was the last 2/3rds of the main

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

sam bradford lmao posted:

I missed Brock's segment. Did he actually say "poo poo"?

Yep, bleeped out and everything.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I didn't watch raw and I won't watch snackdown and I can't imagine I'll watch most of Summerslam live but I wanna wish Hace a happy birthday

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Snackdown lmfao my bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1. Happy birthday Hace

2. The Demon Finn entrance still sucks, beyond the fact that they gave it away for free on an opening hour of a go home show in the deadest crowd I've seen since 28 Days Later

3. At least Cesaro will technically have a thing to do for at least the next 7 weeks, if not 7 PPVs

4. Sorry for burying it in the GDT but this Bryan interview is real depressing and I'm much less excited to see Total Bellas, if only because there will be at least one instance of Bryan post- or mid-mental breakdown

5. Vince and HHH have won. You either have to root for Reigns at Summerslam or root for the continuing saga of 50/50 booking

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Ignore my ironic "rip finn" post up there I agree with this at least partially. I don't think it was defensible from a booking /storytelling standpoint, but Finn probably got the biggest pops of the night from a pretty dead crowd (though they seemed more revved up the last hour maybe?). A holy poo poo chant, even a pretty tepid holy poo poo chant, means a lot when Raw is in Corpus Christi. He was over and that's really all that matters when it comes down to it.

Chris James 2 posted:

2. The Demon Finn entrance still sucks, beyond the fact that they gave it away for free on an opening hour of a go home show in the deadest crowd I've seen since 28 Days Later

1. It was the second hour, which, if your goal is showing the character to as many people as possible, is more defensible because it's the most watched hour of the show.

2. I agree. I like the concept of the entrance, but all of the crawling and gyrating should be trashed. Just have him walk out, do the hand thing that people pop for, and get on with it.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 16, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Happy birthday Hace.

Rusev rules.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Happy birthday, Hace!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

i gotta watch how they did it, the only thing i saw live was the last 2/3rds of the main

Finn came out, Seth sold it like a boss but then they brawled, Finn teased the reverse 1916, Seth got out of it, Pele, attempted Coup de Grace, Seth rolls out of the ring and backs up the ramp looking all :stare: as Finn stood tall. It worked because Seth sold it awesomely and IMO Finn's demeanor was notably different. It was solid storytelling in a short thing that drove home just how much The Demon King ain't nothin' to gently caress with.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Couple hacers, couple hacers.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

So that's the vaunted Finn Balor entrance?

lol, how embarassing

I half expected Rollins to laugh in his face

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seth rollins easily absorbed, dodged, or countered all of the demon king's maneuvers and escaped unharmed

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyway, think I'mma not post in this particular thread except maybe a general SD thought or two tomorrow until after Summerslam. Namaste y'all.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

just like the last two weeks
Who knew that the show that is only 2 hrs and usually 1000x better paced would be more entertaining on a week to week basis?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I hope they meant like a best of 7 falls match and not actually a best of 7 series because what the gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I hope they meant like a best of 7 falls match and not actually a best of 7 series because what the gently caress

The world needs a 60 minute Cesaro/Sheamus classic

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Solus posted:

I like watching Cesaro. I love watching Cesaro. Why the gently caress is it a best of seven series.

tradition

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Chris James 2 posted:

I do

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

it would be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
1) Short of Strowman or Rowans, I can't imagine someone I'd like to see in a best of 7 with Cesaro less than Sheamus.

2) The Demon King is a good name, except they've spent the last year or so hammering the words 'Demon Kane' into my head, so those are the words I hear.

3) Giving away Balor's entrance is dumb. This probably means Finn isn't winning, which is dumb.

4) I'm guessing Reigns/Rusev at Summerslam is getting a gently caress finish.

5) If I had Jon Stewart at Summerslam, I would've promoted him a hell of a lot more than a brief mention in one backstage segment.

6) Gallows and Anderson's testicle doctors joke segment was pretty funny last week. Doing it again this week and having them come out to the ring in lab coats is just the worst.

7) The Women's division is getting a bit TNA-ish. Not a good thing.

Bad Raw. Except for Brock, my interest in Summerslam was diminished.

• Locked thread