Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Fat Shat Sings posted:

So iphone is obviously superior because of an incredibly specific experience you had one time with one phone at some point.

Does this mean all homeless people are rude because one of the guys involved in the sewer gangbang that caused your mother to poo poo out a severely retarded baby was rude?

im sorry the anroid experience has turned you into a bitter nerd lol

people judge consumer electronics based on their experience with said electronics, water wet, fire hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I feel like designing a phone that isn't lovely that can withstand being submerged is actually rather difficult because of cooling issues with faster processors, so I can't really fault any phone for not being waterproof. Stop throwing your sensitive electronics in bodies of water, goons

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
people form dumb opinions based on next to no information :iiam: :shrug:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Fat Shat Sings posted:

people form dumb opinions based on next to no information :iiam: :shrug:

look at me i have all the time in the world to sit in my moms basement and compare lovely sumsungs and huahweis

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lichy posted:

look at me i have all the time in the world to sit in my moms basement and compare lovely sumsungs and huahweis

Lol

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Android is a retarded hosed up OS slapped onto hardware made to give nerds boners by having the most GHz and cores as possible without bothering to make the hardware work well with the software cause a new phone will be released within the next 5 months. It's no wonder the only ppl I know irl who complain constantly about their phones are android users.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Moridin920 posted:

what the gently caress does this have to do with getting your phone out of a reboot cycle? why are you even doing that lmao

Pick one of the following:

1. I decided to just loving guess at how to fix a badly designed OS phone so I just threw terminal commands at it for no good reason
2. I followed the recommendations of an Android forum (who were generally very nice despite their poor tastes in hardware) and the final attempt after nothing else worked was to put the stock system image back onto the phone while not interrupting the data (which is what I was trying to save). It wasn't even the final recommendation, that would've been "take the replacement phone, strip them both down, DESOLDER THE loving MEMORY CHIP AND SWITCH THEM BETWEEN HANDSETS." which pretty much sums up the Android experience really.

It was 2. And the thing was so badly hosed that when I put it back to factory defaults in case some other genius was able to extract the data, it poo poo itself so hard it never actually installed.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

So iphone is obviously superior because of an incredibly specific experience you had one time with one phone at some point.

Does this mean all homeless people are rude because one of the guys involved in the sewer gangbang that caused your mother to poo poo out a severely retarded baby was rude?

Your posts are cute but you're not very good at this. Maybe your phone reboots constantly while trying to reply?

Zidrooner posted:

Android is a retarded hosed up OS slapped onto hardware made to give nerds boners by having the most GHz and cores as possible without bothering to make the hardware work well with the software cause a new phone will be released within the next 5 months. It's no wonder the only ppl I know irl who complain constantly about their phones are android users.

This is pretty much it in a nutshell. Why design things properly? Throw CPU cycles at it until it gives the appearance of being smooth!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Skype is garbage too ever since Microsoft acquired it. It runs like poo poo on everything.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: at whining about losing your data. Back that poo poo up to the cloud man

also boot loops happen with iphones too and one of the remedies is to factory reset as well

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 23, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
so many people so smug about poor decisions in this thread.

I too am a giant toddler that needs a phone that may as well be filled with candy. It's waterproof so that candy won't even get wet.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Fat Shat Sings posted:

so many people so smug about poor decisions in this thread.

I too am a giant toddler that needs a phone that may as well be filled with candy. It's waterproof so that candy won't even get wet.

:lurkmore:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
:shrug: sorry you are too stupid to own regular electronics. There is nothing wrong with being normal. At least you haven't been "a phone janitor" and don't have to be triggered like that other guy that was apparently raped by kitkat

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: at whining about losing your data. Back that poo poo up to the cloud man

also boot loops happen with iphones too and one of the remedies is to factory reset as well

Wasn't my phone, like I'd ever own a loving Samsung. And the factory reset broke it even further. If only there was a store I could take it into where they'd have just done everything for me...

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Lichy posted:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

EL BROMANCE posted:

Wasn't my phone, like I'd ever own a loving Samsung. And the factory reset broke it even further. If only there was a store I could take it into where they'd have just done everything for me...

Yeah if that person's iPhone boot looped then they'd have the joy of taking it to the genius bar and paying some guy factory reset and wipe the data instead of conning their friend into doing it for them

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Both Android and iOS are loving dogshit, webOS was the last good smartphone OS.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EL BROMANCE posted:

Pick one of the following:

1. I decided to just loving guess at how to fix a badly designed OS phone so I just threw terminal commands at it for no good reason
2. I followed the recommendations of an Android forum (who were generally very nice despite their poor tastes in hardware) and the final attempt after nothing else worked was to put the stock system image back onto the phone while not interrupting the data (which is what I was trying to save). It wasn't even the final recommendation, that would've been "take the replacement phone, strip them both down, DESOLDER THE loving MEMORY CHIP AND SWITCH THEM BETWEEN HANDSETS." which pretty much sums up the Android experience really.

oh so you did some custom ROM poo poo and it hosed up and it was a pain in the butt getting it to factory (you really must have done a number to make that happen) and that's Android's fault somehow

lmao

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
LOL! You stupid innocent gently caress. iLid is coming to steal your brain and pocket wallet, homie.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Moridin920 posted:

oh so you did some custom ROM poo poo and it hosed up and it was a pain in the butt getting it to factory (you really must have done a number to make that happen) and that's Android's fault somehow

lmao

There was no custom rom stuff at all, what the gently caress are you on about.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EL BROMANCE posted:

There was no custom rom stuff at all, what the gently caress are you on about.

ok bro there's no way you borked a regular phone so bad that you couldn't plug it into a PC and do a factory reset from there in 10 minutes like sorry but what the gently caress are you talking about with soldering chips and loading split images through the shell

or alternatively what fucko phone was that which you are now basing all Androids off of?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Samsung

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Taht's alein poo poo bro. Cut it out!

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

loving worthless chairs. My problem with this product is not at all my own fault.

I must buy a $3000 smooth white chair to solve my problem.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Sometimes it does not just work

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

loving worthless chairs. My problem with this product is not at all my own fault.

I must buy a $3000 smooth white chair to solve my problem.

how much money did you save buying a welfareOS/javaOS phone versus an iphone 6? even if it's a few hundred dollars i make ~$70/hr which makes the time spent reading reviews on phones and janitoring a loving telephone absolutely not worth my loving time

i can understand clipping coupons and pinching pennies if you work at little caesar's driving pizzas but i need a phone that does it's job and doesn't need personal dev work that i should be doing for my job. the last thing i want is to come home to janitor my phone after writing infrastructure code all day

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Moridin920 posted:

ok bro there's no way you borked a regular phone so bad that you couldn't plug it into a PC and do a factory reset from there in 10 minutes like sorry but what the gently caress are you talking about with soldering chips and loading split images through the shell

or alternatively what fucko phone was that which you are now basing all Androids off of?

It was a stock phone that for no reason stopped charging properly and went into a reboot loop every minute. It did this regardless of whether I booted into normal or safe mode, which was a loving task in itself as powering it down would also throw it into a reboot.

Plugging it into a computer doesn't do poo poo when the thing is constantly rebooting. Neither KIES nor Smart Share or whatever it's called could grab the phone properly before it would reboot again.

Recovery mode gave options to clear caches, this did nothing.

I could get it to stay up when in the download mode, but the front end toolset (which I could only get working at all when I manually killed the poo poo that KIES left behind despite completely uninstalling it) would not speak to the backend for reasons I don't care about. I had to pull the list of rom segments from the phone itself as apparently it matters about what order you install in, and then using a clean Samsung ROM that matched the exact one the phone had, I had to use terminal to replace the bootloader, system, and recovery. This would only work if I connected to the phone and hit the command in because if I waited to long it wouldn't sync for reasons.

Anyway despite the clean OS it would still reboot constantly. The option I was given was desoldering the chip that contained the storage and putting it in the new phone. I declined and factory reset the phone which then never even got to the home screen ever again.

It was a Samsung S5 or S6 and it seems to follow the 'life of frustration' that Android seems to throw at its users that doesn't seem to bother other people. Given that Samsung sell billions of these drat things, they're pretty much synonymous to Android regardless of them putting their own poo poo over the top. Freedom.

/effort about a stupid phone OS I don't even use.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lmao you don't need it to be on to do a factory wipe

and recovery mode def has a factory reset option

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 23, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Robot Pride posted:

how much money did you save buying a welfareOS/javaOS phone versus an iphone 6? even if it's a few hundred dollars i make ~$70/hr which makes the time spent reading reviews on phones and janitoring a loving telephone absolutely not worth my loving time

i can understand clipping coupons and pinching pennies if you work at little caesar's driving pizzas but i need a phone that does it's job and doesn't need personal dev work that i should be doing for my job. the last thing i want is to come home to janitor my phone after writing infrastructure code all day

watch out everyone, Rockefeller over here has time to endlessly shitpost about his preferred operating system but can't afford to spend time reading reviews and conducting hypothetical repairs that only exist in his own imagination

Stop victim shaming android. Just because a poor phone had to be subjected to your retarded attempts at using it doesn't mean it's at fault

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robot Pride posted:

lmao

my phone is waterproof and requires no 'janitoring' and it's just as good an equivalent $600-700 iPhone hardware wise. i got it for $140 bc it was on a massive sale on NewEgg. when it breaks or gets outdated in a couple years I'll get another $150 phone.

i prolly make more than you but pissing away money for no reason isn't cool lol. that's what people who are bad with money and end up in debt do.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 23, 2016

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

watch out everyone, Rockefeller over here has time to endlessly shitpost about his preferred operating system but can't afford to spend time reading reviews and conducting hypothetical repairs that only exist in his own imagination

Stop victim shaming android. Just because a poor phone had to be subjected to your retarded attempts at using it doesn't mean it's at fault

you not going to let me know this massive fortune you saved?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Moridin920 posted:

lmao you don't need it to be on to do a factory wipe

and recovery mode def has a factory reset option

Yes, that's how I did the factory reset which eventually killed it. The point was to recover the data, what is so difficult about this?

With users like you guys, it's no wonder Android people 'upgrade' their phones every few weeks while the rest of us have working phones for 2-3 years.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
$6000

Posted from my IPhone

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I sold my $850 iPhone and bought a $60 android phone that is shockingly faster, way more stable and acts more like a real computer than a locked down toy. Best part is if I throw my new phone into a river or set it on fire it costs the same as a ps4 game.

Apple died with Jobs, everyone knows this. The Apple watch, the utter lack of upgrades for the macs, the netbook like thin macbook, the multiple types of iPhones, etc just show their utter lack of innovation and progress. Not long for this world unless an Elon musk like character takes the reigns.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EL BROMANCE posted:

The point was to recover the data, what is so difficult about this?

it's not android's fault you don't do backups, no system is 100% infallible.

i just bought a new phone after using my old one for... 2-3 years probably

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Voltage posted:

I sold my $850 iPhone and bought a $60 android phone that is shockingly faster, way more stable and acts more like a real computer than a locked down toy. Best part is if I throw my new phone into a river or set it on fire it costs the same as a ps4 game.

Apple died with Jobs, everyone knows this. The Apple watch, the utter lack of upgrades for the macs, the netbook like thin macbook, the multiple types of iPhones, etc just show their utter lack of innovation and progress. Not long for this world unless an Elon musk like character takes the reigns.

easy buddy, there is a rough crowd here tonight. "Guy that can't use technology" and "Guy that makes too much money to have to bother using technology"

Posted from my IPhone

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Voltage posted:

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Voltage posted:

Sad!

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Voltage posted:

an iphone 6plus costs $649 direct from apple right now....where the gently caress are you paying $850 for a loving phone? the regular 6 costs $549 and the s7 costs $694

http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6

https://www.att.com/cellphones/samsung/galaxy-s7.html#sku=sku7840239

cnut
May 3, 2016

My phone cost me $49 brand new. It doesn't even have android on it let alone iOS! LOL! Who's the real winner here?!

:negative: not me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i like iphones (i had the first few) i really do and idc if you want to use them but the smarmy poo poo is so annoying "haha im not a food service worker i can afford to waste hundreds"

• Locked thread