Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Young Boys really coming up short tonight, that's gotta be a painful scoreline for a presumably ambitious team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Hmm if the transitive properties also play in football (and hell, you bet they do) Anderlecht would've clowned Ajax. Looks like the Belgian Pro League is the best league after all.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
gently caress me what an angle

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
YEEEEEEEEES

Proper fifa goal

http://i.imgur.com/qWMEXif.gifv

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

wow that's some shameful defending

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
im watching the Red Bull Franchise Salzburg City Bulls vs Dinamo Zagreb and I'm glad they're playing a full extra 30 mins

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Extra time coming between Red Bull Salzburg and Dinamo Zagreb, if anyone is interested.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
What a time to be alive. We are in champions league again.

http://i.imgur.com/5LRb2wj.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/s3HEexB.gifv

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress me this Joe Hart interview is a cringefest

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
joe fart

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

gently caress me this Joe Hart interview is a cringefest

Whats he saying

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

belgend posted:

Hmm if the transitive properties also play in football (and hell, you bet they do) Anderlecht would've clowned Ajax. Looks like the Belgian Pro League is the best league after all.

Both were clowned by a team without a manager, without money, without sponsors (why do you think Rostov's shirts have nothing on them), and which doesn't bother to do anything with the corrupt morons in the ticket department who only sell the tickets to other random fucks to resell them at higher prices. A team which plays in a league that can't be hosed to sell their TV rights outside of the former Soviet Union and a couple of Arab countries, and where 95% of the infrastructure is from the 1970s and is somehow 7th in the UEFA coefficient table despite all that. :thumbsup:

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 24, 2016

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

Both were clowned by a team without a manager, without money, without sponsors (why do you think Rostov's shirts have nothing on them), and which doesn't bother to do anything with the corrupt morons in the ticket department who only sell the tickets to other random fucks to resell them at higher prices. A team which plays in a league that can't be hosed to sell their TV rights outside of the former Soviet Union and a couple of Arab countries, and where 95% of the infrastructure is from the 1970s and is somehow 7th in the UEFA coefficient table despite all that. :thumbsup:

:agreed:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The CL draw takes place later today at 3 pm Monaco time. Let's smoke some pot:

Pot 1: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Leicester, Juventus, Benfica, PSG, CSKA Moscow
Pot 2: Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Arsenal, Manchester City, Sevilla, Porto, Napoli, Bayer Leverkusen
Pot 3: Basel, Spurs, Dynamo Kyiv, Olympique Lyonnais, PSV, Sporting Lisbon, Club Brugge, Mönchengladbach
Pot 4: Celtic, Monaco, Besiktas, Legia Warsaw, Dinamo Zagreb, Ludogorets Razgrad, Copenhagen, Rostov

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Aug 25, 2016

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Excited for Spurs to draw Barcelona, Dortmund and Besiktas. Then wonder why they didn't try harder to win the FA cup last year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal will draw one of Bayern or Barca according to the laws of nature.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

UEFA puts their awards ceremony with the Champions League draw because otherwise no one would watch this trash.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I can't stand the garbage CL theme song. So ridiculously over the top.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

illcendiary posted:

I can't stand the garbage CL theme song. So ridiculously over the top.

Wow, mods?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Leicester luck out, Porto in pot 2

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The UEFA blazer awkwardly asking Thierry Henry what he thinks of Arsenal drawing PSG made me laugh a bit.

Also I like Napoli drawing Benfica's group.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
gently caress, would've liked to avoid Atletico in the group stage

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Barca and Man City in the same group, it seems. Arsenal get PSG.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

ukle posted:

Leicester luck out, Porto in pot 2

thought it was the other way around

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Hell yeah, CSKA. Nice change from last year. Be nice to have a piss essy group for once. Just want to avoid Tottenham ideally, but that's about it.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Not a bad draw for Spurs I guess 🤔

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

General Probe posted:

Hell yeah, CSKA. Nice change from last year. Be nice to have a piss essy group for once. Just want to avoid Tottenham ideally, but that's about it.

:iamafag:

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Lucky lucky Spurs. They will still finish bottom of the group though.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Of course that happens. Still think we can win the group though.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
whats with the "must be in the blue groups" rule?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

saihttam posted:

whats with the "must be in the blue groups" rule?

Combination of country protection and TV rules meaning only two clubs from one country can play on one night

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Leicester have a good shot to get out of that group. Good for them :)

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Leicester have a good shot to get out of that group. Good for them :)

Yeah, does smell like its been rigged to give them the best shot as its about as easy as they could have hoped for.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
group g is gobshite

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah, I'm sure UEFA have a vested interest in getting known cash cow Leicester City as far into the competition as possible

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Troy Queef posted:

Combination of country protection and TV rules meaning only two clubs from one country can play on one night

i see

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah, I'm sure UEFA have a vested interest in getting known cash cow Leicester City as far into the competition as possible

Its not that. Lineker is really the secret head of UEFA, so has arranged it to be as easy as possible.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Jesus christ Leicester

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

That Leicester group is hilariously easy

Adbot