Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm just spitballin' here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Let's give everyone mod powers for one hour, all at once, and see what happens.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Let's give every mod powers for only one hour out of each day but you never know which one.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

OctoberBlues posted:

Let's give everyone mod powers for one hour, all at once, and see what happens.

that's not a thread at all!

kuddles posted:

The Jinx. Serial. Making a Murderer. True Crime is causing a media frenzy right now.

What I suggest is we go on a huge internet detective thread where we manage to discover who the killer was for an unsolved murder, preferably a young white girl from a small mid-western town who had so much promise. Everyone will be talking about GBS and SA and all the other fine Lowtax properties as the future of vigilante justice, like reddit but it actually accomplished something.

Then, once the murder trial is over and the hype has died down, we release the information that shows Jerry Mumphrey wasn't actually the killer and we completely framed him, causing a second wave of media attention.

Let me know what you think of my idea and I'll start profiling potential victims.

this would really do the trick though

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

let's ban moridin

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

that's not a thread at all!

Sorry, when mumphrey talks I tend to just zone out, he's such a boring prick.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
Sorry man SAs demographic is too old and lazy to make a splash ever again

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
GBS was on the map?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
make the forums facebook and then we will take over the market of our moms and dads

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

give gbs voice notes

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
maybe it could be like sid meiers civilization :confused:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
There are 541 users browsing GBS right now. That's like a small battalion ! The ideas will start pouring in no time

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

murder applewhite

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I got it! I got it!

KITTENS!

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

dad gay. so what posted:

maybe it could be like sid meiers civilization :confused:

but you color it yourself

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What about a system where we can rate individual posts and the higher the ranking, the higher up the post appears?!

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

if anyone's stuck here's an example of a good idea (can't se this one though its for one of my other businesses) - a country song called 'all my shirts are gingham'

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

What about a system where we can rate individual posts and the higher the ranking, the higher up the post appears?!

you mean like redd

nm

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

psychokitty posted:

murder applewhite

"itt we murder appewhite"

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

vols bitch posted:

"itt we murder appewhite"

done

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Send dildos to Olympic champions and butter plugs to ones who came in last

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Get the Pro's from YOSPOS to work on that Stuxnet leak and turn it against Saudi Arabia ???

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
maybe we could make it a "safe place" where the mods dictate humor based on their personal likes or dislikes and censure those who threaten their perceived sense of power

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

maybe we could make it a "safe place" where the mods dictate humor based on their personal likes or dislikes and censure those who threaten their perceived sense of power

but if a council of learned posters decide (by simple majority) that a mod has imposed an unjust sanction they must smell my rear end in a top hat from real close up

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
Have you tried synergizing your paradigms? I hear all the consumer-driven social networks in 'the cloud' are doing it these days. Disrupt the establishment solutions!!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

but if a council of learned posters decide (by simple majority) that a mod has imposed an unjust sanction they must smell my rear end in a top hat from real close up

and "take a bite of peach" out of mine as well. or use it as a chip dip

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
Slenderman and Lowtax join the ISIS

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
all I really want to know is what to eat for the various meals I encounter throughout the day and night

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What if I started a thread asking for money to make a hot dog stand? Local tv would probably want to interview me about it and whatnot.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

What if I started a thread asking for money to make a hot dog stand? Local tv would probably want to interview me about it and whatnot.

its not the worst idea ...

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

all I really want to know is what to eat for the various meals I encounter throughout the day and night

maybe a procedurally generated meal plan that maps your tongue and harvests your gut flora to figure out what you like to eat? drat that's an idea too good for gbs i feel like i should steal it for one of my other companies

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

maybe a procedurally generated meal plan that maps your tongue and harvests your gut flora to figure out what you like to eat? drat that's an idea too good for gbs i feel like i should steal it for one of my other companies

I know whati like to eat for the most part, I just need some ideas

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

the idea is like, maybe you don't even know though :wth:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

the idea is like, maybe you don't even know though :wth:

oh whoa nm

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

http://wheelof.com/lunch/

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I don't really "browse" the web. tia :rolleyes:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

with all due respect that's a loving disgrace

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

with all due respect that's a loving disgrace

I don't appreciate you insulting the website that my grandma made all by herself. :mad:

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

I made one of those years ago at work out of a cardboard hose reel, toilet paper tube and broom handle. We could never decide what to get for lunch so the "Wheel of Decisions" was born (except lunch was the only decision it could make).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Beefeater posted:

I made one of those years ago at work out of a cardboard hose reel, toilet paper tube and broom handle. We could never decide what to get for lunch so the "Wheel of Decisions" was born (except lunch was the only decision it could make).

if you worked for me you'd be out on your ear

• Locked thread