Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I sit and wait, trying to be patient. "I didn't really get it," I answer Sammi with a faint smile. "I sort of had it put into me."

I take the orange juice and sip through both straws at once. "I don't know where it came from. Nobody does, from what I can tell." Something dawns on me, "Wait, do you recognize it!?" I burst, almost jumping off the stool with my arm half-open. "I mean...you can tell?" I narrow my eyes. "You sound like you recognize it."

Sammi closes me back up and I flex my repaired arm. "Cool, feels good as new," I say. "Seriously," I get off the stool and put a hand on Sammi's shoulder, smiling. "It's been a complete mystery. If you know anything at all, I hope you'd tell me."

I pause. "Oh. And my water seals are all okay, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

Eva perks up a bit, clearly glad about getting to change subjects. "Oh him? I actually think his attempts to sound hip are adorable in a sort of dorky way", A mischievous grin enters her face as she inches a bit closer again, "Hey who knows? Maybe I just have a thing for slightly awkward and dorky nerds..?"

She maintains the gaze for a bit, but then averts her eyes and exhales with a little laugh, her grin settling once more into a more normal type of smile. "But yeah, I get that's not what you meant. I assume you felt that too? The presence? I noticed that it's there, so if you're only asking to figure out whether you're seeing things or not, I can vouch for your sanity. Other than that? I couldn't really see much else. Probably nothing you could not see, at any rate."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Fre: +3 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Angry

Om sighed with relief, it was nice to be right. "Good I'm glad i'm not crazy, and that was all you felt, just a presence?"

He thought about it a little more. "Well I'm fairly certain that it's not a forced possession, even normal people tend to try and subconsciously fight back when something is forcing them to act against their will, and most people can spot that if they know what to look for. Maybe someone from the AI is helping him out? This is the first time he's been asked to watch over a junior team after all. At least I think it is."

"I'll keep my third eye open and see if it's still there when he comes around later, considering what we are dealing with it wouldn't hurt to check.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 11, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Opal repair appreciation station!

You put your hands on Sammi's shoulder and she flushed heavily fiddling with her shirt as she kept her eyes on her feet.

"I-I've.... uh... seen it before..." She looks up at you, meeting your eyes for once. "P-Promise y-you won't be m-mad...? T-There's only f-five people I've seen w-who can make this k-kinda tech. I-I'm.... o-one of t-them.... B-B-But y-your limbs d-didn't come f-from me!" She adds quickly. She looks very nervous. Like a kid in trouble. It's kinda adorable.

"O-Of the other four, o-only t-two of their w-whereabouts are currently k-known. But y-your arms d-don't have their m-maker's marks on them. S-So it's got to be o-one of t-the other two...!" She looks down again. Holding her arm. "I-I don't know h-how to find t-them... I-I'm sorry! A-A-And your water s-seals are a-all good to go, b-but I-If you e-e-ever need upgrades, I-I'm happy to h-help!"

She gives you a look, an expression that could be described as weaponize cute. She's really keen to help, that much is clear, and it sounds like there's only a few people who it could be who made your arms. That's a massive step forwards!

I Fiero it's time for us to part

He smiles, looking a little uncertain for the first time. More like he's a little taken aback. Then he laughs.

"Wow, almost sounds like you like me or something. Hahaha, well, let me know what your team decides. I'd love to visit some times!" He watches you skip away, waiting till you are out of sight before letting his smile drop into a frown. Strider, huh? That guy... was bad news. But it would be better if Elementa didn't get involved in that. But how could he tell her? Strider was...

Watching him from the alleyway across the street. Great. Fiero crosses and approches him.

"What do you want?" Fiero asks cautiously.

"To talk, what else?" the hat wearing mystery replies, gesturing for the young hero to follow him. Fiero narrows his eyes. But follows Strider deeper into the alley regardless.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 11, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: 3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Oh god, I never got a response from him about Strider. That immediately started to set off warning bells in my mind. I mean, if he was a good guy or not dangerous, he would've mentioned that. Instead, he completely ignored the subject. That couldn't be a good thing. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it. He did spend a lot of time complimenting me and he did want to duo with me. Maybe that was all on his mind. I mean, I'd be happy to do duo stuff with him, but the team had to take priority. It's my responsibility as a leader.

Still, I managed to make it back to base relatively quickly. Walking into the kitchen I saw Opal being tended to by what I assumed was the mechanic that Professor Shad mentioned at the beginning of the day.

"Oh hey Opal!" I exclaimed, running over towards her. "How're you doing? Looks like the mechanic fixed you up good, huh?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

"Why would I be mad?" I ask Sammi, genuinely confused. The girl's...either incredibly awkward, or straight up scared. Either way.... I widen my smile and lean in. "It can be our secret, I won't tell anybody who told me. Whatever you know would help - right now I have absolutely *no* leads. Any tiny light in the darkness helps, yeah?"

I stay in close, just to make it feel more secret for the girl, to make her feel more 'in'. Trying really hard *not* to demand answers, as much as I want to. Because drat it, I want answers!

"S....Elementa!" I cry, spreading my arms wide and taking a step back from Sammi. "Yeah, Sammi here's a real whiz." I pinwheel my right arm for show, then stretch my hand out towards Sarah and go all grabby claw fingers on her. "Good as new. Better, maybe," I say with a wink to Sammi. "Om and Voidblade are in the pool, was thinking of crashing. How'd your thing go?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Doom: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Quill and that Az she's constantly talking to definitely seem to have a mixture of facts and strong opinions about stolen souls and demonic possession. For a while I just listen, taking drags on my cigarette and emitting puffs of blue smoke while she fills me in on them - it's almost eerie to watch her speak in a voice that isn't hers, speaking of possession - but she's back to normal the second she's finished doing it. Seems the Thief of Soul's borrowing someone (or something) else's power, and yeah that's not great.

She didn't think she wasn't invite to the pool? "Yeah I figured the whole team would hang out there, celebrate our win! We can tell everybody what we found out after, no sense spoiling the mood."

Interesting enough, according to her, Quill's wings suck for swimming - which would definitely matter more if she knew how to swim, but she doesn't. It's... kinda amusing, and maybe a little sad? "Ah, I see..." I return, leaning back in my chair and exhaling another puff of mildly blue smoke. So, she can't and shouldn't go swimming - wow that kinda sucks. Weird that angels are weak to water or whatever, but I guess that's just how things works. Not like the supernatural world isn't weird enough already. Still, I've got a solution for her! "Yeah, just throw a swimsuit on and join the rest of us at the pool - you can be responsible for the music or something. Just show everybody on the team that you want to hang out with the rest of us, no one will care that you're not in the water."

Daeva is suggesting that Quill hang out with the team to show she wants to be a part of the group, she gets +1 forward and marks potential if she tries it I believe.

------------------

With Quill gone, it doesn't take me much time to get changed out of my clothes and into my swimsuit. I only own a couple, and this time I'm going with a two piece that's vaguely the same shade of dark brown as my hair - might as well enjoy myself, right? Besides, Elementa will probably be there... Carefully stashing my coat and the reagents I carry with me away in my room, I lock it behind me and then depart down towards the pool - the cool part about my room being on the top floor is I can just jump off the stairwell and levitate down, it saves me a couple seconds (and no matter how many times I do it, telekinesis always feels badass).

Seems that Elementa, Opal, and Sammi are hanging out between my destination and me, so it totally makes sense for me to talk to them before going outside, right? Sauntering up to the trio, I give everybody a wave and a smile, motioning with my other hand towards the pool. "Pool party to celebrate our win, you three coming?" Sweeping my hair back, now that I think about it, it's possible none of these three have ever seen me in anything but that trenchoat plus slacks before. "It'll be fun~"

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 12, 2016

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

Fre +1| Dan -1 | Sav +1 | Sup +2 | Mun +0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry

I dash out of Daeva's room and quickly run into mine, rummaging through my piles of clothes, until I finally find what I'm looking for. It's a swimming costume Dr Sands made for me, so it's doesn't restrict my wings in anyway. It's all white, matching my feathers, Sands said we'd be using it for experiments soon, guessing he wanted me in water for something or other, but we never got round to it. Joined the AI too soon I guess. I did tell him I couldn't swim and he said that wouldn't be an issue. Maybe it was a test on how the water runs off the back. I'm so lucky to have him, making me things.
I slip into it as fast as I can, and dash over to the pool, but before I get there I see Opal, Sammi, Elementa and...wow. I move out of sight behind the corridor the moment my eyes catch her and I can feel a lump in my throat, and butterflies in my stomach. God drat, she's even prettier with most of her clothes off. I mean I already knew she would be, but she's stunningly beautiful, and hiding a gorgeous pair of legs under that trenchcoat! It's always her smile that gets me though, likes she's shot an arrow straight into my chest and I just melt.

"Child, please, I don't want to hear this. We will help her, fine, but please no more of this romantic nonsense." whines Az.
"I can't help it Az! Don't you see what I see!" I whisper, hoping the group doesn't notice me hiding.
"I know what you see but try and hold some decorum. She's meant to be your friend and if we are to help her, I doubt fantasising about her wonderful physique will make our efforts effective."
I start to walk around the long way to the pool, not wanting to interrupt the conversation, nor catch sight of Daeva again and lose control of myself like that again.
"I feel like you're trying to calm me down here, knowing my weak spots." I say, grinning.
"I'm trying to help you have a cohesive team. Fraternization within the team could lead to serious problems in the future."
I get what he's saying, I just don't like it, and I plan on not listening to his advice. I can't turn my feelings on and off - God knows Az has tried! But I wasn't going to force myself on Daeva, she has enough problems without me getting lovesick around her all the time. Besides, it's not like she would ever feel the same way, I'd never expect her to.
"Don't worry Az, my romantic nonsense, as you put it, is just that....just silly feelings. They aren't going away but I don't plan on telling her." I sigh and push open the door to the pool, seeing Om and Voidblade already inside. My smile becomes huge, remembering our awesome victory.

"Hey guys, any room for me? Think the others are joining us soon."
I sit by the side and dip my feet in, finding the water to be a lot warmer than I had expected, its relaxing and I just let my legs dangle over the side.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

"My thing went well!" I responded excitedly, glad that Opal seemed to be looking better too. At that point, Daeva decided to appear and I found myself doing a double-take. Oh wow, she looked good. I had gotten so used to seeing her in thick clothes and her trenchcoat. I didn't know why she insisted on wearing such clothes, especially since she looked really nice when she wasn't hiding her body underneath all those heavy materials.

"Oh my god, that's an amazing idea! I'll go get changed quickly!" I exclaimed, running off to my room to quickly get changed. First things first, get my hair out of the buns. I had quickly learned that trying to tame flowing hair was a necessity while doing superhero things. I had gotten so used to them being in buns that letting them loose and just letting my hair down was a very welcome change. I decided to keep my mask on, mostly because I still wasn't too comfortable with being open about my identity and slipped into a simple, orange one-piece swimsuit.

I quickly ran back to the girls, still slightly panting due to the quick costume change.

"Let's go join the others! I'll race you there~!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
The Corridor crew

With Elementa's arrival Opal lost her chance to continue questioning Sammi. She clamped up, and wouldn't give any more info. Even more so when the surprisingly dressed Daeva strolled up. Gosh, now isn't that a delightful sight! Sounds like everyone's gathering at the pool. Sammi nods, a little uncertainly. "O-Okay! L-Let me get my s-stuff!" She looks at Opal. "W-We can t-talk about this m-more later. O-Oh, and i-if you start feeling a twitch in your limbs its a sealant break. Let me know and I'll fix it right away. O-Okay?" She gives you a somewhat serious look and nods, more to herself that anything else. And runs off to grab her stuff. Heading down a staircase to the basement.

Sounds like the Pool is the place to be! Better get your kit on and dive in! What do you do?

POOL PARTY!

Holy poo poo

This pool!

Check this crazy poo poo out!

Is the main entrance. It's relaxed and pretty large, so plenty of room for everyone. The water is heated to make it enjoyable for everyone at any time of year. Taking the right leads to the slides!

There are multiple of them and they're twisting and complicated. It's wicked cool if you want a rush! There's even a high speed one for the really daring! Heading back over to the main area and taking a left into the rocky area leads too...

The cave. A mood lit little zone, it's all kinds of romantic and secluded and very relaxed. Finally following the passages at the back leads to...

The Tropics room! Complete with colder water and a hot tub. It's also got a automated juice bar stocked with all manner of flavours. Also a sauna room. Because why not?

Om, Voidblade, and now Quill are all sitting in the main room. It's the perfect place for you all to relax and celebrate after your big victory!

Sammi quickly joins you, She looks like she's wearing swimsuit under swim shorts and a tee-shirt. She still flushes when you look her way. She glances at the three of you, until her eyes settle on Quill. The only one of you who'd she'd actually talked to.

"I-Is is o-o-okay i-if I j-join you?" she asks shyly. Standing nervously in the doorway. Waiting for a sign to go ahead. If given, she comes over and sits next to Quill, quietly glancing at her when she thinks Quill's not looking. Whenever Quill glances her way she quickly looks down at her legs in the water, and blushing impressively. A little smile twitching at the corner of her mouth. Well, well, well! Looks like someone's got a crush!

What do you do?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

Eva looked at Sammi, smiling deviously. "Of course you can join us. We'll just need to make a bit of space for you to fit.", she said, her statement in stark contrast to the hugely spacious nature of the pool. Eva did not seem to mind the glaring contradiction though, merely edging even closer to Om, now well within an arm's reach. "Isn't that right, Om~?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

"You'll have to tell me *all* about it!" I declare, giving Sarah a side-hug.

"Woah," I say, as Daeva strides through. "Swimmer?" I ask, a question tinged with only a bit of jealousy. I release Sarah and grin, "Right, right, time to go!"

I rush over to my room - only half-used, really, since I still live at home - and dig through the dresser. "Ah-hah!"

I run into Sarah in the hall and wink, striking a brief pose. My metallic bikini catches the light and sets off a riot of reflections. Playing the robot thing up can be fun!

"You're on!" I cry, giving Elementa a friendly shoulder punch and take off towards the pool.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

"I will, I will Opal! Don't worry!" I responded with a wink before taking off. Laughing loudly as I raced to the pool, I tried my best to keep ahead of Opal. Turning my legs to rubber, I bounced forwards, propelling myself towards the direction of the swimming pool while making sure that I didn't accidentally break anything on my way there. Once I managed to arrive in the pool, I launched myself high into the air.

"CANNONBALL!!!!" Turning myself into steel, I crashed into the swimming pool, causing a large splash to hit Eva and Om, who just so happened to be swimming. Laughing loudly into the air, I turned to my teammates and gave them a playful wink. "Sorry I took so long, I got a bit caught up with something~."

It took a second to realize that Eva and Om had probably been alone in the pool for some time. A teasing giggle ringed in the air as I began to swam playfully around. Turning towards Eva, I gave her a knowing smile before turning my attention back on Opal.

"I totally won and you know it, Opal!" I taunted playfully, before turning my attention to Daeva. I still had yet to talk to her after the mission and a part of me still felt bad about the whole calling her powers stupid.

"Hey Daeva, wanna talk?" I asked, ushering her over towards The Cave. It seemed secluded enough that she could talk to her in relative peace. Plus, there was something relaxing about the whole aesthetic of the place. Swimming over towards one of the chairs in the water, she sat down and turned to face Daeva.

"First of all, I just wanted to apologize for calling your powers stupid before. You really pulled through for me back there and I was wrong to say that." I paused for a second, trying to find the words. "Also, I wanted to get to know you more. We haven't really talked much since we got together so I thought it'd be cool to get to know you~."

I stuck out my tongue playfully and giggled to myself. I probably looked a bit dumb at the moment.

"So, what's on your mind, if you don't mind me asking?"

<jimmydalad> also gonna roll to pierce Daeva's Mask
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 11+3 = 14
How could I get Daeva to open up to me?
How do I gain Influence over you?
What do you want me to do?

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

This place beyond my wildest dreams, it's a playground! I can't believe how beautiful it is. A big relaxed grin just beams off my face. I'm so happy, I get to live here in this palace, with my new friends no less!

I splash my legs about a bit, feeling content when the rest of the team shows up, with Sammi following quickly behind.
She nervously looks about and asks to join, I throw her a welcoming smile. It must be tough not really knowing us, maybe she feels a bit out of the group, and god's knows I know what that's like.
Eva welcomes her but I get the impression she's far more interesting in getting closer to Om, I grin a little, hoping Om doesn't mind the attention, I sure wouldn't!
Sammi comes and sits by me, which I really don't mind. I'd expected her to sit next to Opal, what with all that tech background they must have in common, but I guess I was nice to her before, makes sense really.

"Hey, you ok? Looks like you did a great job for Opal, she looks good as new! Feeling any better?" Before she can speak, i'm already interuptting her, "And I'm sorry I had to run off before, I should have stayed and made sure you were ok. I'm sorry, I just...well, it was superhero stuff." I glance for a moment over at Daeva and try not to let my heart jump at the sight of her again! "You seem a lot better now though."

I smile, hoping I'm right more than anything. She seems incredibly shy for someone who was so talented. Opal's arm was working perfectly but I hadn't been gone THAT long!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 2/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Angry

"O-oh" Said Om as Eva scooted a little closer to him. "Yeah sure Sammi, join right in."

Oh he was getting very hot and bothered under his helmet and when the cannonball from Elementa made quite the splash it completely fogged up his helmet. "Okay, just a second."

He reached up, lifted it off of his head, let the thick and frizzy hair underneath loose and, Sparkles? He put the helmet on the side for safe keeping. "That's better" Jaggy sighed as the runes on his suppressing necklace lit up and took the strain. "Om is only a superhero name Eva, my actual name is Jagganath'" He considered this for a moment, "I wouldn't mind being called Jaggy."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 12, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
A quiet poolside conversation

Sammi flushed and giggled. "Y-Yeah, I-I'm feeling a lot better...! I-Its okay, I u-understand...! Y-You had work to do, b-but still... I-I'm really grateful. Y-You were so n-nice!" She kicks her legs in the water, and glances at Quill again, a questioning look on her face. "C-Can.... C-Can I ask...? A-Are y-your wings... um.... real?" She holds her hands next to her chest. "B-Because y-your beau- Uh! I-I-I mean, t-they're b-beautiful!! N-Not th-that you're not b-beautiful! B-Because you are... uh. um, I'm-...." She stammers. A slip of the tongue? She flushes deeply. "Um... c-can... w-would it be okay... i-if I touched t-them...? T-They l-look so s-soft!" She quickly tries to change the subject. But it still seems like it's a genuine request. She's quite taken with them. Her big eyes show her gentle uncertainty. "B-But o-only if you're o-okay w-w-with it...!"

Looks like Sammi would like to touch your Wings Quill. She certainly seems to like you them. What do you do?

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

"Erm, yeah Sammi, they are real." I try not to feel perculiar answering that question, maybe she thinks they are made of metal or something, like mechanical maybe. I make them wave ever so slightly, letting the feathers ripple.
She seems almost in shock about them, it's odd. And oh my God she's so shy! So timid and nervous. She thinks my wings are beautiful? How nice!

"No one's ever complimented my wings before, thanks." I say sheepishly, I touch the tips of one of my wings. People's eyes are always drawn to them when they see them. Say they are grand or miraculous but never beautiful. She's so sweet.
"Oh, for the love of..."
Az seems to be whining about something, I don't know what, but I'm trying to focus on what Sammi's saying, it's a jumbled mess of compliments and stuttering. Did she just say I was beautiful no I must be mishearing her through all her nerves. God she's so tense and full of anxiety! She's worse than me!
I smile a little at that thought, wondering where this has all come from.
Then the smile falls from my face.
"You-you want to touch...you want to touch my wings?" I'm suddenly embarrassed, and tongue tied myself. My wings have always been such a personal thing. My legs starts shaking in the water out of nervousness.
"You seem to have gotten some attention Quill, not everyone is going to hate your wings. Some, like this little one, are curious. It's up to you if you let her touch them."
I didn't even let Dr Sands go near them, my own parents hated them, wouldn't hold me from the resentment they had towards my own feathers. Why was I even considering letting her touch them?
"O-o-ok, yeah you can touch them, but you have to be gentle."
There's a welling fear inside of me she's going to pull one out, not on purpose, but I really hope she doesn't. I can trust her, she's the techi, and she's just shy, desperate to get to know us and I need to open up more. I should be ok with this, it's just my wings, it's just like a handshake but then why does it feel so much more intimate than that. I do my best to hide the fact that this is a very rare occurance, though my cheeks must be burning red.
I extend out my right wing to her, letting her stroke the complicated plate of feathers that make up the body of my wing. My instincts tell me to transform them into protective metal but I resist the urge.
God, I hope she likes them.
"How strange that you care if she does, hmmm?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

While Elementa (looking adorable with her hair down) and Opal (who owns a surprisingly kickass metal bikini) may be racing outside, I'm a mage - I don't run except when I have to, being lazy and conserving strength when you can is important. Plus, yeah, this outfit is revealing enough without me deliberately bouncing around in it, thank you very much. Elementa seemed to like it though, and speaking of her...

Looks like she won the race, doing a giant cannonball into our simply unbelievably amazing pool. Seriously, it's easily the best part of the base - and even better, it looks like the whole team's here! Om and Voidblade have apparently been here a while and he's even got his helmet off - rare occasion - so I give the pair of 'em a wave pretty immediately. After that I spot Quill by the pool's edge, the one techie girl Sammi next to her, and then- Suddenly Elementa's right behind, asking if I want to talk to her alone... yes! Yes I very much do! "Sure..."

Finally jumping into the pool, I swim after her, delighting in how relaxing and warm the water feels. The pair of us head back towards the secluded Cave section, taking separate (for now...) seats within the water. I can't help but hope I look great, and I'm definitely oh so subtly adjusting my newly wet hair behind my ears. God, she looks really hot... Since this is just the two of us by ourselves, I've got high hopes for what she wants to talk to me about - I mean, this is right after seeing me in a bikini for the first time, it makes sense. drat, I should've worn one around her forever ago! Poor Quill... I mean, I like her, just not as much as Elementa. There's just something about her.

Turns out its not that, though, or at least it doesn't seem to be. She's apologizing for what she said earlier - meh, it stung at the time but definitely water under the bridge - and saying she wants to get to know me better. That's kinda ambiguous, right? I mean, I was definitely thinking about that - aka how cool it'd be if this is all a big prelude to us making out when, but unfortunately she asked me a question a couple seconds ago. I just stare at her, "Uhh..." trying to remember what she said and not what I was thinking about, and yeah I think she may have picked up on some of those things...

How could I get Daeva to open up to me?
Easiest way is to demonstrate that you care about about her as a person. Asking her about herself - while accepting there are subjects she might take time to open up about - is important, as is showing that you think about her as a friend and teammate and not just someone on the team who has magick. She's also obviously interested in some sort of physical relationship with you, so you could try that?

How do I gain Influence over you?
Get to know her better, continue to be pretty nice to her, compliment how she looks and how clever she is, and don't horribly shut her interest in Elementa down. It's pretty obvious she's already quite concerned with your opinion of her and admires you (maybe more physically than on a deeper level, but there's some of that too) so it's mostly a matter of not screwing up at this point.

What do you want me to do?
Demonstrate some sort of interest, physical or romantic, in Daeva. Failing that, treat her like she's a valuable teammate and not a potential danger / someone to be scared of. She specifically dressed up to impress you, so a compliment or two wouldn't hurt. Basically, what Daeva most wants is for you to confess to having had a secret crush on her and then the two talk for a bit and then proceed to the makeouts. She's got less time left than everyone else on the team, it's something she wants before she goes.

Oh yeah! She asked if I was thinking about anything! "Uhhh, yeah I've got a couple things in mind." You can say that again. "Thanks for what you said, it was no big deal earlier. We did a great job today." While I've got her attention I raise both my hands behind my head to adjust my hair, subtly thrusting my chest out a bit. "Quill and I found out more about who was behind things, but we'll tell everyone later. For now, let's just relax..." Think I managed to recover, phew.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 13, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

"Hah, sure thing...", Eva cleans in close "...Jaggy". She is close enough for Om to feel the breath carrying that last word on his cheek. "I'll call you whatever you want~"

She giggles a bit, but makes no attempt at moving farther away. She whispers into his ear "You know, you're adorable when you're anxious. There's no need to be afraid of me you know~"

She pecks him on the cheek.

"See? I'm perfectly harmless~"

Piercing Om's mask with my merciless flirt assault

quote:

Theantero: Rolling to pierce Om's Mask
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 3+2 = 5

Oh dear seems Eva has overplayed it. Marking potential.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 3/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Angry

Om wasn't ready for this, not did he ask for it but suddenly things were hurtling out of his comfort zone and into places he didn't want to go.

He felt the powers well up.

TheNabwork> Gonna roll for giggles, to gauge the OM reaction
<TheNabwork> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> TheNabphone, 12 = 12
<TheNabwork> The very reasonable reaction it is

He forced them down to a few sparks and just lightly pushed Voidblade away from him

"Eva stop, alright? Please?" He used the opportunity to scoot a little distance away his friend he felt really bad about this. "I value you as friend Eva, I really, honestly do but, right now?" He made gestures to the people who were still in the pool with them and who could see this happening.

He tapped into her mind 'Can we just, talk about this somewhere less public, I don't want to have this conversion here. Please?'

TheNabphone> OM wants Eva to talk to him in private. Provoke +1 Influence
<TheNabphone> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> TheNabphone, 2+1 = 3
<TheNabphone> Awkwardness abounds.

OM looks away from her. "I'm sorry."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 13, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure

Eva freezes for a bit, then averts her gaze. "Haha, yeah sorry. I was just teasing you a bit", she says with a smile, but the facade is clearly wavering a bit. "But yeah, I guess I went out of the bounds of appropriateness. Sorry again."

marking Guilty, Insecure

There are a few moments of awkward silence, until Eva finally breaks it with a suspiciously perky tone. "Well but anyway since we are all here, I suppose nobody's taking care of dinner? Guess it'll have to be me! Was thinking beef wellington since the first mission went so well and all. Got to prepare all of that though so I really need to get going. See you all later!"

With a little psionically powered twirl she shoots up from the pool, and quickly makes her way to the dressing room.

As for Om's little psychic message, it remains curiously unanswered...

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Om watched her go without saying a word, and a few moments after she was out of sight, slapped himself on the forehead.

"Idiot" He said to himself "I completely muffed it and now I've gone and upset my friend."

His hand did down over his eyes as he slid back into the pool "Anyone else on the team could have handled it better."

Om could use some moral support.

I bet either of the girls not currently paired with anyone could use this opportunity to talk to either of them, they probably need it.

I'd like some help with these conditions in any case.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 13, 2016

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

My feet thunk on the floor. Hope I'm not denting it too bad. I round a corner and I'm neck and neck with Sarah. Woah! This is intense and amazing!

And Sarah's not slowing down!

I am, and I come to a stop just short of the edge of the pool. Elementa smashes into the water and soaks me in a wave. "I do!" I answer, brushing my matted hair off my face. "I can tell, I'm soaking in it!"

I take a calmer step down into the pool and slide in with a much more graceful 'plop'.

"Sammi's great," I say, holding my right arm out to Quill, flexing again. "She should be careful, with a mechanic like this, I might get careless!"

Om and Eva are getting....

I groan inside, until Om shuts it down hard and Eva goes twirling off. I lean forward and take some long steps across the pool bottom to move in next to Om.

"Nah," I say, shaking my head. "I don't think so. Eva's...like that."

My 12 hour work days have cut into my super-social-posty time. Boo.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"No it's just..." Om looks around, this felt too public for his liking, but he scoots a bit closer to Opal. "I ain't, good with people, and I want to be I really do but you know" He said, with gestures indicating the bowl helm, and the rune collar and the free floating sprites of psionic energy sizzling on the water. "Normal is hard, and just having a conversation without listening to someones surface thoughts is harder."

"But like, when we were catching those guttermages I tried to talk them down without fighting, without just using powers all the time but when I try it never seems to work. And Quill seemed to do it so effortlessly" Disregarding the fact that Quill when she looks angry is really scary and that would put the heeby jeebies up anyone, whilst OM looks really doofy in his costume. He starts to fidget, without his knowing he was rolling a ball of water around his hand. "And I've seen Elementa talk to like, the press and other people too and she's so cool and calm about it and I want to do that, but I get nervous in front of cameras." He looks around at where everyone is, the only people here now are Quill and Sammi but..

"You wanna hit up that Sauna in the tropics room? I need a drink." And I really want someone to talk to thought Om, and it was very clear on his face, but he didn't want to try putting messages inside Opal's mind, he wasn't sure if she would appreciate it after that whole... Thing with Voidblade.

"Please? I heard there's a juice machine there and everything."

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Oh my god, did she like, like like me? I tried to keep my face impassive as I started to panic inwardly. How the hell was I supposed to respond to this? I don't swing that way! At least, I don't think I do. I mean, it's not like I've ever liked someone like that who was the same gender as me. I mean, there has been the occasional thought of maybe liked girls and boys, but like, I thought that was just like a phase. B-But Daeva liked me. Like like liked me. Oh no oh no oh no.

"So..." I began, trying to hide the panic attack I was going through inside my mind. "You look good in your swimsuit. You have a really nice body." Wait, was that the right thing to say? I mean, that seemed to be what she wanted to hear, but was I giving off the wrong message? What if she thought I was coming onto her? A tinge of panic struck my face as that realization hit. Need to do damage control, damage control.

"Uh, I mean, like how did you get your powers?"

Ok, maybe I could've done that better. Still, it was the first question that came to my mind that didn't have the connotations of being attracted to her like that. God, did I say the right thing? Oh man oh man oh man.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I slide a damp hand along the bowl and smile. "I don't know," I say. "It's distinctive." And goofy. Not that I have to say that quite yet.

"Mmmmyeah," I say, turning and pulling myself out of the pool, letting water sluice off me. So what if I take my time. I don't bother grabbing a towel, just pad my way up the stairs, leaving footprints along the way.

"This place is insane," I mutter, then pause to look back for Om.

Once we're alone, I spy the juice bar, and head to check it out. "Elementa's amazing. She's one of my best friends, and she's poised." I press a button, and something starts grinding inside the machine. "I hope this isn't kale. I hate kale," I mutter at it.

"And Quill's sweet and scary all at once." I pick up cups of something orange-colored that the machine's spat out, and bring one over for Om. "You know, you're not the only one who's got...troubles," I remind him. "Is it so crazy to think somebody might see...a kinship with you, in that?" I hold out the cup, taking the handoff as a chance to brush my fingers on his.

I think this counts as 'thwarting' Eva...but GMs' call in the end.
<Platonicsolid> Rolling to Comfort/Support Om.
<Platonicsolid> .roll 2d6+1
<Platonibot> Platonicsolid: 7 (2d6+1=5, 1)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 3/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Afraid

Om flinched a bit at the touch, but relaxed a little when it didn't seem to go any further.

>Clearing Angry

"Yeah..." Om said, gratefully receiving the Juice. "You know? My uncle phoned me today about the mission, congratulated me for my first success." He took a sip, orange, nice. "And then he layed into me about my bloody reckless power usage that might have caused massive damage if it went haywire. But that's just it my powers work almost, they act as a sort of, well I guess the term would be 'emotional intensifier'."

"Rage, doubt, fear, those things are when it comes right down to it is what makes the psychic powers 'go', intense emotional responses allow for really powerful psionics, but sometimes they don't go like I want them too, and people get hurt because of it." He drained his glass, and looked away from Opal a moment.

"I've not told anyone else about this, but before I began proper 'superheroing' I tried stopping a store robbery with my powers. The guy doing the robbery was called Bobby Cliff and I won't say he was a nice man and the fact that he was doing the robbery wouldn't either but... Well he had a hostage, and things were getting pretty desperate and I let that fear grab me when I was trying to talk him down. I tried to force him to drop the gun, one command right between the cranial nodes." He looks very uncomfortable relaying this story to someone else. "It drat well near destroyed his brain matter, he might have been a vegetable forever if my Uncle didn't fix his mind and he read the riot act to me after that one. Said if I didn't buck up my ideas I'd be put on a blacklist by the occult community, they take that kind of thing very seriously. I did that kind of damage to someone that would have been nearly irreversible under any other circumstance because I wasn't careful.

He slumped onto the bar, head down on the table "I'm just scared Opal, I'm scared every time I have to use my powers to fight because I might hurt someone like that, I'm scared every-time I go into combat, that I'll go too far and kill someone. When me and Eva were training together before we joined the team proper she wanted me to use my powers to fight her and it end up breaking her arm. And when she kissed me I had to fight down the power right there and then, before it lashed out. I nearly hurt one of my best friends because she kissed me and I wasn't ready for it."

"Do you know what it feels like to walk on egg shells? To feel a world of power a mere step away and to know that you can never ever open it fully? When every petty argument and punch taken you have to fight the urge to lash out." He sat up turned to Opal and said very plainly.

"Do you ever feel like you're just a bomb waiting to go off?" His eyes for a moment blazed a bright purple. He blinked and shook his head, and the light was gone.

He paused, he took a deep breath. "That's why... That's why I need you Opal, and Eva, and Daeva, and Elementa and Quill, all of you. You keep me grounded, you keep me from going nuclear. And if the day comes where the bomb threatens to go off I will need one of you to put me out. Promise me this."

>When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them how they could stop you, if it came down to it. Give them Influence over you and clear a condition.

>+1 Om Influence to Opal
>Clear Guilty

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 13, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Wing Walking

Sammi gingerly nods to Quill's and carefully reached for your outstretched wing. She hesitates before she touches it, and then runs her finger tips down them, following the direction of the feathers. Always with, never against. She giggles, like she can't believe it. Her eyes are alight with wonder. She moves closer to get a better look. Like shes's studying a work of fine art. Like every detail needs to be savoured. Like the very sensation was mind blowing!

"O-Oh....! T-They're! I-I can't b-believe it! Y-You're a-an a-angel...! Y-Y-You're an a-actual angel!" She closed her eyes and let out a shuddering breath. Her expression was rather exhilarating. Full flushed and stary eyed. "Y-You're divine!" She gasps! Then suddenly realised that she'd gotten a little ahead of herself. "S-Sorry! U-Um, t-that was j-just a b-bit of a r-rush... t-they're incredible... and s-so soft a-and w-warm! A-And the energy that's f-flowing through t-them i-is just...! W-W-Wow!" She stops long enough to catch her breath. "O-O-Oh, I s-should say... u-um, I-I'm sensitive to energy, l-like I can feel it, a-and y-yours is like... a f-firework! B-Beautiful a-and sudden! W-Wait... n-no that's not it... like a flower! Y-Yeah, like a-a flower! U-Uhhh, that's not it e-ether! It's like a thermo nuclici-plasma stream with ionic resonance containment systems and... and..."

Sammi lapses into embarrassed silence, looking around for something to talk about. "Oh! W-What do y-your t-think o-of the b-base? Do you l-like it?" She asks excitedly, she seems to have relaxed a little. She's certainly shaking less, becoming more expressive. Well, she's still shy and quiet. punctuated by bursts of stammering chatter, before returning to her usual nervous 'umming' and 'uring'.

She glances up as Om and Opal leave. Hiding behind your wing to watch them move through. She clearly looks worried. "... I-I hope h-he's okay...!" she murmurs.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I lean against the bar and listen to Om - he needs to get this off his chest, I can tell. I sip my orange drink lightly - ooh good - and nod sympathetically. "I won't lie," I tell him, "That kind of power makes me...nervous. Distrustful. But I've never seen you do anything that would make me worried about you."

Oh, secrets. I try to contain my scowl. "You didn't know," I reassure him, moving in, sliding an arm across his shoulders. "How could you? It's a whole new way to be," I say, and have to laugh a little. "You want to know how many dishes I smashed when I was in rehab?"

"Hey, hey," I pull Om off the bar. "I get it, I do, really," I say. A deep breath, because that...is a big question. "Sometimes," I whispers. "Not...being just human anymore...makes me wonder..." I swallow hard. "It won't come to that, Om. I will, but...it won't, really," I smile at him, and take a step back, tugging him towards the sauna.

"Do you...do you *want* to be ready for it?"

Taking that influence!

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

Sammi's touches are light, which makes me relax a little, but its the way she's staring that puts me on edge. She's busy studying my wings, like she's analysing every detail. But I'm too busy catching glimpses of Om getting flustered and Eva leaving. Poor Om, I want to go over there and say something! He looks so frustrated, but Sammi's delicately got hold of my feathers and I wouldn't even know where to begin asking him if he's ok so openly after that little....miscommunication? I want to see if Eva is alright too, she's left the celebration, she shouldn't be on her own. I look back at Sammi to ask her about leaving momentarily, but the look on her face makes me forget what I was going to say. She's in awe! In shock, almost.

"O-Oh....! T-They're! I-I can't b-believe it! Y-You're a-an a-angel...! Y-Y-You're an a-actual angel!" She says it like its some new revelation, I thought I'd told the AI. Maybe they didn't believe me? I nod slowly, slightly wanting to correct her and say I just have an angel in me, but that's a conversation for another time. She obviously didn't know, maybe breaking the whole thing gently to her would be good.
"How interesting..." ponders Az, ominously. I don't reply, having two conversations is far too painful right now.
Sammi seems enraptured by the idea I am 'divine' as she puts it, for a moment I wonder if she's going to faint. It's nice to find someone who actually believes me for once, I'm not lying.

"Yeah, my feathers are angelic, it's complicated but yeah. I mean divine sounds way too ego-filled for me though. I'm just....blessed." I think about how lucky I am to have Az, blessed it truly the word, not that I'd ever tell him, he's got a big enough ego as it is.
She starts to explain in her nervous way that she can read energy, I just sit and listen to her, smiling as she talks. Stuttering seems to disappear when she start talking about technology. drat if I only i knew more about that kind of thing, I might get her to relax a little bit! I pull my wings back into place, not a feather out of place, she really was gentle with me. I smile and breathe easy.
"The base! I love it! It's beautiful, and so fancy. It feels amazing to be here. I can't wait to see it all, I feel like I'm only scratching the surface of what this place has to offer. And God, it's good to have a proper bed! Looking forward to a good night's sleep."

Sammi suddenly takes cover behind my wings and I look to see what she's hiding from. Opal and Om are leaving too. Figures. No one likes staying around me for long anyway. My smile diminishes.
"Yeah, I hope he's alright too." I shrug my shoulders, Om's never going to want to talk to me, why do I keep kidding myself like this. But Sammi seems interesting in staying by me, even with understanding more than most do so early.
"So, tell me a little bit about yourself Sammi? I mean you're amazingly gifted at mechanical stuff, where did you learn all that?" I smile, trying to learn more about this cute little girl.
"You aren't going to ask her how she KNOWS you're divine?" roars Az in my head, I tune him out. This is a chat, not an interrogation.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Tech and terminology

Sammi shrugs shyly, gosh it's adorable. "I-I guess, I was made that way... l-like your wings are part of you, my... t-talents over technology is inherently part of who I am. It's God's gift. I-I used to be a h-hero... but I k-kept breaking stuff. s-so now I-I live here! I-I um... made t-this place..!" She looks at her own reflection in the water. "I s-suppose I'm a-a biological machine... l-like an android... but different. As I grew u-up my powers grew with me... b-but I never w-worked out how to grow into them... s-so now I k-keep out of t-trouble... W-When the A.I. asked me i-if they could h-house a t-team here... I d-didn't want t-to at first... b-but I'm glad I did!" She adds hurriedly. "I-I.... like.... you..." Her face goes a shade of red hither too unknown by mankind. Each word getting quieter as it works it's way out of her mouth. She has a momentary look of panic, as though she had said far too much.

"I-I m-mean... uh...ah!" She attempted to cover for herself. But seemed to get awfully tangled over her words... "W-W-W-Would-you-like-a-tour?!!" she says all a flustered. There's something oddly familiar about her behaviour. You know you've seen it before. But you just can't seem to place it. Ah well, I'm sure it'll come to you soon.

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

Sammi is adorable. Plain and simple. And she keeps making me smile in the shy way she looks up at me. She used to be a hero but kept breaking stuff, she looks like she couldn't harm a fly!
"You...you made this place? You mean the base? You live here? This is yours? I didn't know!" I'm in shock for a second, I had no clue. I had just assumed the AI had given it to us, but this was her home!
"It's a beautiful place! Honestly! Wow!" I think about the base in a whole new way, and wonder...where does Sammi live in this place? I had no clue she was here when Shad brought us here.
Then she tells me she's an android and my head starts spinning. She doesn't seem robotic at all, not on the outside anyway.

"That makes a lot more sense now" whispers Az, more to himself I suspect than me.

"Wow, I never would have guessed you were an android? Sorry I'm new to the whole tech thing. I know there's a difference when you say robot and cyborg and android. Biological machine huh? So that's what an android is." All this tech was confusing enough to begin with, but I needed to learn, hell I'd hate it if someone defined me as a bird rather than an angel just because they assume rather than ask.
"I-I.... like.... you..."
Looking ready to explode from how shy and red she is, I put my hand ever so gently on Sammi's shoulder to try and calm her down.
"Hey, no need to get so embarrassed about it, I like you too. You're very sweet Sammi, and you don't need to get so flustered, I know I may look...scary but I'm harmless really, promise."
I just want to reassure her so much, she seems so terrified of me for some reason, like talking to me is so difficult and yet she's still here. Odd that....and the way she talks to me it reminds me of something, feels like I've heard the way she talks somewhere before...

Rolling to pierece Sammi's mask
Pierce Sammi's mask: 2d6-2 5
God drat it, marking potential

....Hmmm, I'm sure if it's important I'll figure it out.
"A tour! I'd love one!" I say my smile beaming, trying to act as calmly and friendly as possible.
I really want a friend right now and I feel like if I'm not careful I'll scare Sammi away, and she seems so sweet. Maybe if I just try and behave myself as best I can, she might not run away. I really hope she doesn't.

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 14, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

OK, so, doesn't look like Elementa totally bought my attempt at covering up for being super distracted by her swimsuit. poo poo.... I mean, I have no idea what to think here. She's look super impassive, but she's complimenting my swimsuit and what I've got going on under it? That's, uh, yeah I'm certain I'm blushing about it, but is she actually into me? Because if she is, asking me how my powers is about the shittest way to hit on me, but it's what she just did. I can't help but sigh, and then I look directly into her eyes. She might have a mask on so it's hard to discern her face (I know she's beautiful under it) but her eyes are visible despite it, and they're incredible.

Anyways, better thank her first. "Oh, thanks... you look incredible yourself." She totally does, it's practically painful. Looking away from her real quick, I tell the left side of the cave a very brief and perhaps slightly misleading version of my origin story. "I got them in a past life, so I ended up inheriting my magick in this life too. How'd you get your powers?" I have to be polite after all, make sure to ask her that in response, but yeah there's no chance I'm telling her I'm indebted to a demon - that's gotta be a dating red flag for basically everybody. Except Quill I guess...

But... ughhhhh, this situation could only get more perfect if we'd both been drinking. Like, we're in our swimsuits, alone, in a secluded and romantic cave, after a victory as heroes. She's already admitted she thinks I'm attractive, or at least that she finds me hot. She's crazy hot, so yeah... I cannot imagine I'm going to get another opportunity like this ever again with her. Gotta be brave. Ughhh, here goes nothing. Make this work Hyeon!

"Alsoooooo..." Wincing slightly, aware that there were definitely better ways to begin this, I press on anyways. "Are you seeing anybody right now?" Oh god. "Because I mean, you're super great, I'm obviously into you, and I just want to find out if I've got a shot with you, or if you're not into girls or just not me or whatever." I offer her my hand, hoping she'll take it. Stuff's really not been going my way this past year, but that's been changing recently. Maybe... maybe she'll even say yes? I can't help but let my hope play across my face, and hope she's looking at my breasts again.

"It's just the two of us back here, we're all doing something new with this hero thing... c'mon, it'll definitely be fun!" Please say yes!

<Rauri> Provoke Elementa
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<KittyEmpress> maybe you just suck
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9 = 9
<Rauri> have influence so that's a 10 I think
If she chooses not to be upfront with Daeva about whether or not there is a semi-immediate chance in her mind for the two of them to at least go on a date and / or makeout, mark a condition. If she accepts we get a point of team~

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 14, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 3/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Afraid

Om smiled sadly "Hope the best, prepare for the worst, that's what my uncle told me."

He looked away towards the sauna. "This however, I can be very sure about this." He clasped his hands together looking so much more chipper, having got that off of his chest. "I always wanted one for myself."

He makes his way towards it ahead of Opal and holds the door open for her "In Finland they say a session in the sauna and then a roll around in the winter snow is good for the body, and you take a bunch of silver birch twigs in with you to gently beat your skin with, relaxes the muscles or something." Also it's done in the nude, he knew that too but, well he was the one sole man in the team and that could cause comment. Perhaps later when no one is home Om decided.

He thought about this for a moment. "Do you think if we ask Daeva nicely we could get some snow? Nah forget I asked."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Sep 14, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure

Eva stared at the beef tenderloin on the counter.

Up until now, she had gone through the preparation as if in a haze of sorts, expression unreadable as well practiced hands went through the motions of foodmaking, mind too frazzled by a jumble of bouncing and conflicting thoughts to really focus on anything that was happening. However, something about the wet, glistening piece of raw meat in front of her caused her mind to settle, the sight of blood kicking in some unconscious alarm that screamed 'focus'.

Eva stared at the beef tenderloin on the counter. And her face, up until now bearing a blank, distant expression, ever so slowly crunched up into a despondent grimace as her eyes started to well up. She brought down her fist on the counter, the slamming sound of the strike echoing in the otherwise empty kitchen.

What the hell?

What had she just done?

Well that was easy to answer, wasn't it? She had just went and made her relationship with her second oldest friend weird. Because she was too swept up in the moment to give any thought on how that kind of thing would look like. And worse, how it made Jaggy feel. She was a moron. An idiot. Idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idio-

She suddenly stopped that line of thought. She wasn't an idiot. No, claiming that was demonstrably false. She brought her sleeve across her eyes to wipe the tears before they had the chance to fall. No. She was just an idiot with people. It made sense. She had made her first and for a long time only friend when already in her teens, but they only ever hanged out intermittently. And then Jaggy came along, but they did not meet that often either.

Perhaps they just talked to her out of pity?

Perhaps she was just too weird? She always had liked to think of herself as normal and well adjusted. But that was when she was with Dad. And basically anyone would look normal in comparison to Dad. But that did not really mean anything here in the real world. Maybe she just couldn't fit in after all. Maybe she should just stick with being by herself. That, at least, she knew how to do. Yes, perhaps she should just stick with what she knew from now on.

She knew how to cook, and how to bake. And she would make sure the rest of team would arrive to some splendidly prepared beef wellington. She had promised, after all.

She also knew how to patrol, and how to fight. With the meal readied, she would head out into the night to do her thing. She marched into her room, and donned her uniform.

It blends well in the dark, after all.

She fetched her swords, and gave her mask one last look before donning it as well.

It sends a message of fear into the minds of the undeserving, after all.

And with that, she was off, disappearing like a shadow into the night.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Sep 14, 2016

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

"Good approach to life," I say, and slip into the sauna, bumping a hip against Om as I got past him.

He didn't actually answer the question, if he wants to...so....hummm. I wait for Om to close the door. "I really don't think we should be worrying about Daeva right now, do you?" I ask. I move forward and lock eyes with him, smiling. I slide my arms up over his shoulders, around his neck. "I know how it feels, to be cut off, to feel that weight of being...different."I breathe, my eyes batting. "You feel like there's nobody who understands. I feel that way, sometimes. It's important we...support each other."

A smile creeps onto my face. "Wouldn't we have to wear less?" I ask. I press my lips into a line.

<Platonicsolid> Provoking Om
<Platonicsolid> .roll 2d6+1
<Platonibot> Platonicsolid: 9 (2d6+1=2, 6)
Will spend an influence to make that a 10.

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 14, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 3/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty

Om felt himself starting to heat up again this was suddenly getting all touchy feely again and it was giving OM very complicated feelings. "Ermm, I don't follow." It took a moment, and then he twigged finally "Oh OH! Wait hold on!" Om very quickly took a rapid step back from Opal. "I really don't think I can- I mean I don't think we should since we haven't really gotten to know each other- and I don't I really think that is not a good idea at all and-" Too late, the air flared up, the psionic energy bubbled to the surface, and the collar started to steam as the powers overwhelmed the suppressing runes on it's surface.

18:09 TheNabster OM prematurely psionics
18:09 jimmydaladphone You'll get a condition
18:09 TheNabster !r 2d6+3
18:09 TheNabster TOO LATE
18:09 Krysmbot TheNabster, 7+3 = 10
18:09 TheNabster I'M OUT!

"Aw bugger."

And then in a sound like air being sucked through a hole, followed by a pop, Om vanished from the Sauna.

Marking Guilty again for rejecting the Provoke, since I did just sort of blow Opal off by accident.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 14, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty

Note to self, asking about Daeva's powers was a bad idea. While she was curious about how something from your past life could carry onto this life or even the fact that past lives existed, I knew better than to ask her at the moment. I smiled lightly in response to Daeva's comment, trying my best not to just run away and ruin any chance of a friendship from happening.

"Well, they just sorta happened. Like, they just manifested out of nowhere. I'm not really sure how to explain it. One day I was just playing football and the next thing I know, I suddenly have metal arms."

That was a really crap answer. What the hell was I thinking? I probably should've just lied or something. God, I sounded so mundane. I continued to keep the facade up, not wanting to hurt her feelings. She was a teammate after all, and one who had useful powers. I didn't want to ruin the trust that she had in me. That would be absolutely detrimental towards being a good leader. I just had to approach this in a diplomatic way.

Then she dropped the bomb.

Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no

How was I supposed to respond to that? I couldn't hide the shock. After all, I think my mind sorta just blew up for a second there. She did like me in that way! Why did this have to happen to me? How was I supposed to approach this? I mean, I don't think I swing that way! I'm also her leader and it could jeopardise the cohesiveness of the team if we're in a relationship like that. Plus there was Fiero and life at home and it was all forming this swirling cloud of emotional chaos inside my mind. All sorts of different thoughts were tugging me in different directions that it was making it so hard to think straight.

"Uhh... I.. uhh..."

Oh god, I was rambling. A look of absolute terror was on my face as I was trying to process everything.

"I mean.. I just... I like you... but not like... I don't..."

This was going to end badly. I knew this was going to end badly. Yet all I could think about was just running.

RUN RUN RUN.

"I'm so sorry!" I yelped, as I jumped out of the pool and ran out the pool area.

Marking Afraid due to rejecting Daeva's Provoke and marking Guilty due to how bad she feels hurting Daeva like that.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

It's funny, watching him figure it out, and then...something smells like ozone and I jump back, as Om actually steams, as he disappears with a pop.

I don't believe it. Really? I...I made him disappear? "Om?" I ask. "OM!?" I call.

Silence.

"Well...gently caress," I curse to the empty room. I stalk out of the sauna, heading downstairs. "drat it," I mutter, heading away from the entire pool complex, towards the residence section.

"El?" I call, seeing that orange suit, "Hey, Elementa, hold up!" I call to her, running a bit faster, picking up my pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty

It was as if my body had a mind of its own at that point. Everyone was just screaming to run away from the situation. I didn't know how to react, especially with how forward she was about it. I couldn't help but feel guilty. Guilty might be an understatement. I felt absolutely terrible. I was supposed to be the leader and yet I ran away from her like that? How would I ever be able to face her? How would I be able to lead her knowing I did something like that to her?

I eventually stopped running once I reached my room. Panting slightly, I whipped around at the sound of footsteps. Oh please let it not be Daeva. I can't see her now! I needed to calm down and not make an absolute idiot out of myself. Then again, there were a lot of things I needed to do.

"Oh, Opal." I said meekly, my hand clenched on my swimsuit. "Opal, I hosed up. I hosed up so badly and I have no idea what to do. What do I do? Oh god!"

I could feel a few tears starting to form. This was not how I envisioned the pool party ending. I thought we were all going to have fun, but in the end I just ruined everything with my reaction to Daeva. I buried my chest into Opal's mechanic body, trying not to break down completely. Everything was going wrong.

• Locked thread