Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I rush and slide up to Sarah's door. She is not in a good way, and all my own problems melt away.

"Woah, woah, SArah," I says, moving into her room and wrapping her in a hug. "What happened?"

I know. Or, I can guess, definitely something with Daeva, and it's not as if her looks at Sarah have been super subtle.

"Hey, hey," I say, stroking Sarah's wet hair. "Why don't you sit down and tell me about it, huh?" I pause. "Then I'll tell you how I flirted with Om so hard he disappeared."

<Platonicsolid> Comforting Elementa
<Platonicsolid> .roll 2d6+1
<Platonibot> Platonicsolid: 3 (2d6+1=1, 1)
<Platonicsolid> Terrible best friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: 3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty

Opal's words fell on deaf ears as I continued to cry. The fact that Opal didn't have a good time either only made me feel worse. God, could I not do anything right? I just wanted to hang out and have fun with my friends, but I ended up hurting the feelings of one of them while the others had issues as well. I was supposed to be their leader and yet, we couldn't even have a pool party together without everything being ruined.

I didn't know what else to do. Maybe I should just go back home. However, my eyes were going to be red and mom was probably going to demand to know where I had been. I couldn't face her like this. I clung onto Opal, feeling emotionally drained. The tears had stopped now, but all that was left was a sort of emptiness.

"Daeva... she just like suddenly asked me out," I admitted, wiping tears from my face. "It was so out of the blue and like, I-I didn't know what to do. I don't think I swing that way and we haven't even talked that much. It was just so sudden and I could see the hopeful look in her eyes and I-I-I just didn't know what to do, so I just ran."

I looked downcast as I replayed the memories inside her head.

"How could I do something like that?"

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

Fre +1| Dan -1 | Sav +1 | Sup +2 | Mun +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry

Me and Sammi were about to leave the pool to go on our little tour, when I saw Elementa running away with tears in her eyes. I called out asking what was wrong, but she sped away without noticing me. Opal followed her quickly from behind, and I was suddenly aware of how many emotions were flooding around the room.

"You're all children fighting very big battles, with a lot of stress, it is only natural that some of you would release that tension in different ways. I'm now only waiting for you to lose your senses next!" said Az, almost frustrated but I could tell he had a kind of sympathy for the team. He was kind of right, all of us were going through something, only made sense when we finally relaxed that all hell would break lose. First Om and Eva, and then Elementa's crying and Opal's chasing her, Om has disappeared off somewhere. Wait!

"Daeva." I whisper her name quietly, more to myself than anything.
Something's happened in the other pool, did Daeva tell Elementa about her powers, about the demon. Oh god, Elementa might not have taken it well, who knows.
Sammi seems a little overwhelmed by all this commotion and is continuing to hide behind my wings. Only fair, I'd probably do the same if I was her.
I want to help Elementa, maybe I can chat to her, help her understand Daeva's situation, but Opal's following her, she'll be ok. If she'd wanted my help, she knew I was here.
I head off with a determined look on my face towards the Cave, where I assumed they'd chatted. I turn to Sammi behind me as I walk.

"Sammi, I'm sorry that tour is going to have to wait. I think something major just went down and I just want to make sure everyone is ok."
I pretty much fly there as fast as I can, wasn't Om down here a minute ago...

I see Daeva and stop in front of her. I'm already getting upset for her and we haven't even begun, my voice sounds concerned and I immediately try and figure out her feelings. Externally, I'm a rock and I'm strong, and understanding but on the inside I'm worried like crazy that the team is falling apart before it's really even started!
"Hey, are you ok? What happened?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

That...utterly failed. Great. Not helping, Opal, not helping.

I hug Sarah closer, at least until her tears stop and she starts to go slack, at which point I get us both to the bed so we can sit down.

I'm wiping my own eyes without realizing, some dampness sliding out, falling to the floor. "I dunno, Sarah, I mean...if you don't..." A breath. "You don't need to apologize for not being into girls, or any specific girl," I say, patting her knee. "Daeva...misread things," I say, carefully, all of it sounding dangerously close to my own recent experience. "Dee..."

I pause. poo poo, should I?

"Daeva...." I bite my lip, wondering. "She doesn't have long. She's not...not *dying* exactly, but..."

I turn on the bed to face Elementa more directly, looking at her seriously and intensely. "Sarah, I almost died," I tell her, "My life didn't even flash before my eyes - it was just blackness. Now I don't wait, because I don't know when that's coming again. If I'm into somebody, I go for it. And yeah, maybe I pick wrong, and it's embarrassing, but it's better than not doing it at all, being afraid and waiting. Daeva can't wait either. She went for it because she had to know."

I shift in closer and put an arm around Sarah. "I'd have done the same thing. Have. Just did, twenty minutes ago," I admit. "Feel bad maybe because you just ran, but not because you don't feel the same way. You should talk to her. Want me to come with you?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Doom: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Hopeless

So, that's that. Pretty much getting what I deserved for hoping. Elementa absolutely panics at my suggestion, clearly not interested in it - or in me. Hell, she looks downright terrified, stammering out an answer and then literally running away. I'd say she looks cute when she runs away still, but I'm not sure I feel that way right now. I'm not sure I much of anything but... emptiness I guess. There's definitely nothing for me to say as I watch her go, what the gently caress words could I possibly string together to somehow reverse everything about what just happened? Dammit I wish I had Time magick, if Ahriman wanted to shave a few weeks off my life so I could take that back, I'd take him up on it.

The Cave's suddenly a far different place than it was a few moments ago, before I was an idiot and opened my stupid mouth. It'd been secluded and romantic, the water practically sparkling and so warm. Now it's just a damp rock formation with some lights strung up, the eternal sound of the water rippling a poor replacement for what could've been a fun conversation with Elementa. I'm acutely aware now of how ridiculous I have to look in this swimsuit, that I don't belong here, that this is all just a distraction before the end comes. It was just hubris for me to forget.

Staring out at the water for a few moments, considering my options and trying to not freak out in case anyone's watching, especially Elementa... I think about her, look around real quick, and then just punch the hell out the top of the water a few times in absolute frustration, not even pretending to hope that it'll make me feel better. "Goddammit..."

As if that's the end of this nonstop train of pain, though - on no. Because, while I've been feeling sorry for myself, Quill's showed up, which just makes me feel even worse. I knew she liked me but I talked to Elementa about things anyways, so that's going to make her feel just wonderful when she finds out about it - and as an extra knife twist, she's being painfully nice to me yet again even though I don't deserve any of it. I can't even bring myself to look her in the eye.

"I'm a poo poo person, Quill." There's no joking or anger or much of anything but bitterness to my tone. "Guess Elementa realized that - I asked her out, and she freaked out and ran off. Can't blame her." What's a little more pain between people that could've been friends if I hadn't been so stupid? Poor Quill... "I knew you liked me when I asked her, too. You should spend your time with someone better."

Not waiting around for her response, I snap my fingers and teleport back to my room. I've had it with today, with myself, with making no progress whatsoever towards defeating Ahriman. The team can celebrate without me, even though the pool party was my idea - they need to figure out how to be a team without me, after all, since there's no way I'm anything but doomed. Gesturing towards the door, I'm scrambling this floor of the building too, to make sure no one can follow me. No destinations lead towards the entrance to my room for at least a little while, which suits me just fine. I'm going to take a shower and then change back into my proper clothes, then I dunno... take an angry nap probably.

<Rauri> Daeva Unleash Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+1=8
Reshaping environment to make it temporarily impossible to reach Daeva's room without the right powers. Marking Hopeless to make it neither temporary or unstable.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 15, 2016

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry, Afraid

Daeva looks so upset, I just want to hold her and tell her everything will be ok, but she can't even look me in the eye. Poor Daeva, what happened?
"I'm a poo poo person, Quill."
"No, no, no, don't ever think that." I say just trying to comfort her but she's not really listening to me, I can tell. It's the empty bitterness in her words, it feels like she's resolved to think of herself this way.

She asked Elementa out. Oh God, poor Daeva. I'm a little shocked, I never thought Elementa felt that way about girls but I guess that's why she was running. Oh no! This awful. Maybe I could talk to Elementa and straighten things out. I open my mouth to console her, this must be heart breaking for her, to be rejected like that, but I know Elementa didn't mean anything by it.

"I knew you liked me when I asked her, too. You should spend your time with someone better."

Her words hit me like a punch to the stomach and I'm winded. My mind goes blank, there's just this empty feeling, winding its way around my heart and I can't seem to stop it.
Before I know it she's gone, and the hands that wanted to hold her catch nothing. I sit in shock on the tiled floor, trying to process what just happened.
How did she know? How-God, how.....God, it's like she thinks I'd blame her for not liking me. I just wanted her to smile...that's all I ever wanted.
"Abomination" Az hisses in the background of my mind.
"Az, shut up! She's in pain, can't you see that." I spit back. I'm furious, mostly with myself, how did I let this get so out of hand.
"Do not lie to me and tell me you are not distraught at this revelation."
"I'm fine," I lie. No one has ever said anything that cut me so deeply before but I've already forgiven Daeva.
"I'd never expected her to like me, who bloody would. Nobody ever does, Az. I just-I just wanted her to smile."
Besides there was a far more pressing fear rising in my stomach. We hadn't been in this base five minutes and already the team was falling apart.
I sit and calm myself down, taking in deep breaths that only seem to make me shake more. I harshly wipe away the welling tears as if warning my eyes to stop this nonsense. I clear my throat, stand up and look for Sammi.
I see her half approach me from not far away, God I hope she didn't see too much. I need to be strong right now, come on Quill get a plan together.
"Hey, Sammi. Looks like I was right, annoyingly enough. Seems like everyone's getting upset....You're good with tech right? Can you maybe track the comms or something? I'm worried about the rest of the team. Om was down this way I was sure, I didn't see him go past us. Eva probably could do with a check in, she looked a bit shaken when she left too."
Hell, I had to find the team, figure out how to help them all, I couldn't let it all break apart. I needed them more than anything, I couldn't go back to the streets, I couldn't go back to being alone, no matter how much it might hurt when they all ran away. Hell, not all of the team would run away right? I gulped in fear loudly and my hand started shaking.
"Eva was saying something about cooking dinner, I'll check the kitchen." I say to Sammi.
I scurry away, giving Sammi a reassuring squeeze on the arm, I felt like I had dropped her in the middle of this huge mess and asking for help was never my style, but she seemed so sweet and by God was it nice to have one person I could turn to and rely on.
Getting to the kitchen, I find a beautiful beef wellington, staying warm in the oven. The smell reminds me I haven't eaten all day, but there's no sign of Eva....oh no!
"Sammi?" I call out to her, "Can you do me a favour and add Eva to the list of missing persons."
Really? they all run away now, when Professor Shad could turn up any minute, wanting a debrief. It's not like I want to pry on them all or go snooping around in their business but we were supposed to be a team and if the AI thought it wasn't working out.....No, no it's ok, I can handle this. Can I?

Marking afraid, fear of the team breaking apart

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 15, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I sat on the bed, the tears slowly stopping. I needed some time to breathe and just calm down. It was good that Opal was here. I was probably the most comfortable with her since I've known her the longest out of anyone here. In fact, just spending time and being open about my feelings was working wonders towards calming me down. I'm honestly thankful that she's with me now.

I paid close attention to what she had to say, my expression hardening as it did. The guilt was still there, but at the same time, a strong sense of foreboding and confusion started to arise the more that Opal talked. So she had been into me this entire time? I could understand why she would think I was interested in her from what I said. That was dumb on my part. At the same time, it felt like Opal was struggling with something.

"Wait, she's dying?"

Oh my god, what was I hearing right now? Daeva's dying? She looked perfectly healthy. In fact, there was nothing to suggest that she was even close to being dead. Did she have a disease? Was it like some sort of deadly virus that she had been keeping under wraps? Whatever it was, it was something that I did not know about and, judging from how much trouble she had saying it, it could be safe to say that the others probably didn't know about it either.

"Opal, why is she dying?" I asked frankly, looking her dead in the eyes with a serious expression. My eyes were still red, but it felt like this was something really important. Something that I had to know. Just what is going on with Daeva?

<jimmydalad> rolling to pierce the mask of Opal
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 5+4 = 9
How can I get Opal to tell me why Daeva hasn't got long to live?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
VOIDBLADE - Roof Running

Eva gets out into the early night air and starts her patrol. The sounds of the city's dull pulse of nightlife drifts up from the streets below. It doesn't take you long to find the start of something. Good. You need to do something good. It's almost too easy. A lone mugger, backing someone into a corner, knife in hand, and....!

The goon drops to the floor.

"HAHA! That's right Void-dumb! I! Sparkle Rose! Have stolen...! YOUR INITIATIVE!!! HAHAHA!" your 'nemesis' twirls and poses, revealing herself in a carefully placed spotlight for max impact.

She immediately leaps a low wall and starts running across the rooftops, taunting you, trying to get you to chase her! Presumably to some pre-set location. She loves to do things like this. Set a ambush spot so that the two of you can focus on the important business of bantering at one another. This time though... she stops. And turns around, with a frown on her face.

"I'm..... GETTING AWAY! if only SOMEONE could STOP ME! Like a HERO!!" She gestures at you to follow. Starts running again... but almost immediately turns around and starts walking back towards you.

"Okay, dude, what's up? You're usually way more into this...!" She sounds genuinely concerned, uncertain. She's not even trying to defend herself or attack you. Huh.

Sparkle Rose seems worried about you, what do you do?

DAEVA - Sanctuary of the Heartbroken

God, that was awful. Retreating to your lair, you began trying to unwind. You get enough time to yourself to give yourself a long gloriously hot shower. Still doesn't help with that cold feeling in the pit of your stomach. You're barely out of the shower, and into your towel when you hear a knock at the door.

"...Daeva...? Can I talk to you?"

That was Elementa's voice! You were so angry you left the door unlocked! Even so, your heart races. You grab your towel to you and open the door. She's still wearing that really sexy orange swimsuit. God, she's also blushing heavily, and breathing in a way that makes your mind think all sorts of... adult thoughts. Gods above she's so loving hot it hurts. She takes an uncertain step forwards. "Daeva... I'm-I'm sorry I ran like that. I just... I didn't know how to react." She takes another step closer, and another. There's barely any space between you. Her hands raise up to the shoulder straps of her swimsuit, starting to move them off her shoulders. "But I know what I want..." She reaches out a hand and curls it into your hair, pulling you towards her. Holy poo poo, she's going to kiss you! Yes! YES!

"I want you...!" She moans. And as she pulls you closer in, you can feel her whole body against you. Pressing into you, especially her hips, they rock against you. "I need you...!" she gulps as though she can't believe the words she's saying.

That's when your mind helpfully points something out: How did she get past the corridor?

".....to give me your soul" Elementa suddenly hisses and latches her mouth onto yours! Pain streaks through your body as you feel your life energies getting pulled from your body!! HOLY poo poo! You know the feeling of this power! Ahriman! One of his servants! She pulls you to the floor!! she's on top of you! Pinning you down! If you don't do something, it's going to kill you!!!

gently caress gently caress gently caress! WHAT DO YOU DO?!!!

QUILL - Happy fun time team building exercise

You ask Sammi to add Eva to the list of missing. What you get instead is a pair of arms around you. Sammi hugs you. Her face pressed into your back. She's holding you tight, but softly. Nuzzling you in an attempt to provide some comfort.

"I-It'll b-b-b-be okay...! I-I promise! I-It'll be o-o-okay!" she says. Is she... is she trying to comfort you...? Sammi holds you for as long as she needs to and then lets go, and gives you the most adorably encouraging smile. "L-Lets check the s-systems. We can use them to track the others!" She pulls a little pad from... somewhere? It quickly brings up a map of the whole base! There's a few green dots showing. Two in Elementa's room, marked 'E' and 'fix'. In the kitchen two dots marked '<3' and 'me!" and one dot in Daeva's room. Marked 'D'

She pulls the map back and widen's it's area to a holographic view of the city. Two faintly bleeping dots. One marked 'V' and the last marked 'T'. There's a Square labled, 'teleport marker'. "L-Looks l-like O-OM's jumped h-himself a-away f-from the b-base! W-We should h-help him!"

What do you do?

OM - Unexpected events

You find yourself falling onto a cold warehouse floor. Water still dripping from your trunks. Oh bloody hell that hurt! It was dark as hell in here, and freezing! Oh god! Your helmet! You've only got your collar!

"Ahem." Someone coughs.

You look up to see a man in a trench coat and fedora, looking like they walked out of a noir detective movie. He tosses you a towel and and some clothes.

"Put them on, you'll catch a cold, kid." He walks back into the dark and clicks on a little table lamp. Revealing a pleasant little wooden table and a pair of chairs.

"When you've got a moment. Please take a seat. We need to talk"

Was this guy... waiting for you? You don't sense any hostility. What do you do?

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

"Incoming.", says Az but he says it so plainly, I'm completely confused.
Arms wrap around me from behind and I instinctively flinch. Sammi's hug catches me completely by surprise. It feels...nice? No, it felt weird, I'd known this girl five minutes and she's already stroking my wings and hugging me. I mean she's cute and everything but I know nothing about her but her name, and I haven't been held in.....it's been so long I don't even remember the last time someone hugged me!
Ok, ok, Quill keep it together. She obviously just needs your support and she's...well she's a hugger.
"Hey, it's ok, everything's going to be fine." I say, trying to keep my voice as steady as possible. I'm so out of my comfort zone right now, but I get it, she wants reassuring and-

"I-It'll b-b-b-be okay...! I-I promise! I-It'll be o-o-okay!"

Wait, is she trying to comfort me? I swallow hard, breathing unsteadily, this is not how imagined this day going.
"There, there." I say, tapping her arms that have wrapped themselves around me tightly, but she doesn't let go. She seems to stay hugging me, and I can't help this wave of internal agony that washes over me. I start to well up again. God, I haven't been held in so long, and I'm ridiculously grateful Sammi can't see my face, contorted in pain and happiness. Its so nice to be wanted but I partially hate it, knowing i'm losing control of my feelings again. Somehow this little techi was breaking me down piece by piece. I felt like the room was getting smaller and the walls were closing in on me
"Shhhh, child, you are perfectly adequate, inhale slowly and count backwards from ten. You must control yourself." Az was right, I could cry and be pathetic later, I couldn't let these feelings like my broken heart or the panic that was racing through me slow me down. I had a mission, I was not going to fail.
Eventually Sammi let go, and I felt like I could breathe again. I know, I know she was only trying to help, but when you aren't used to be being touched, ever, it hits you harder when it happens. I wasn't entirely sure she wasn't some evil genius, the way she manipulated me.
She smiles at me adorably, and I smile back, but her hug has literally drained me and I just nod at her and she magically pulls some tech-pad from somewhere.
The map seems weird, and what the hell is my symbol meant to be? Is that meant to wings? Maybe a Q for Quill and and O for Om could get easily mixed up.
"Om, sure, yeah, can you direct me to him? Wait, he teleported? From the pool?" Oh man! His special helmet thing, he needs that right? He, er, left it by the poolside before he went off with Opal, I think.
"Sammi, I'm gonna grab Om's helmet thing, that I'm pretty sure is important in keeping his powers under control, and get changed. If I go out to get him, you tell me where to go through the comms right?"

I quickly run to the pool and swipe Om's dome from the poolside and run back. On the way, I pass Om's room and wonder if I should go in and grab him some clothes....No, no it's not right to go in there without permission.
I speed off to my room and change into my super costume, putting my big black coat in a bag and a pair of my comfiest, biggest trainers, cramming them into a bag, carefully wrapping Om's helmet in my coat to keep it safe inside. My clothes should fit Om ok-ish. At least until I can get him back to base.
This must really suck for him. He was just in his swimming trunks right? I'd have to find him quick.
I race up to the roof of the base with my comms in my ear and my bag on my back. I spread my wings, stretching them out nice and wide. God, that felt good. I launched into the air.
"Right, Sammi, can you guide me from here?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I make a face. "Not...quite," I say. "It's her powers. It's a past life demon thing," I say, worried I might have said too much already. "Before long, that demon's going to come to collect what it wants."

I find Sarah's hand and hold it. "She can explain it better than I can. We should find her, you two need to talk. Clear the air before this bubbles over and the whole team goes nuts."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Fre: +3 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty

Om blinked, and he was somewhere else. Again. He swore under his breath

"Ahem" He swore somewhat more audibly at this. How, how of all the places in the city he could have landed was someone already there when he did. But this one was offering him clothes and wasn't out to do immediate harm to him (and being reminded of the fact that he was really cold and in his trunks right now) he considered his options.

"Could I just go behind those boxes and get changed, I'll be back." Scooting around the boxes for some privacy and making sure no one was watching he took off his collar and gave it a look. It was a fine work of art done in matte black metal, with many flowing, intricate runes inscribed on its surface all the way around.

All but a small amount of them right now were glowing bright purple. Not good that, not good at all, the collar like the dome functioned as a kind of occult capacitor absorbing excess psionic power and safely dispersing it overtime. But unlike the helmet the collar has a strict upper limit and once it went past that threshold it would stop working entirely, and a jump as wild and uncontrolled as that would have easily maxed it out.

He had enough 'safe' power to lift and throw a few kilograms and fly about 30 feet, not ideal when you are with a mysterious stranger and could be anywhere in the city. He best do as he says for now.

A few moments later holding the used towel and wearing slightly more clothes then before he returned to his designated seat and took a good look at the detective (Okay it was a shot in the dark but he was feeling lucky.)

"You have the advantage on me sir, I don't believe we've met."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Sep 16, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
OM - Deskside conversations

"Yes. I do, don't I." The man replied. Then offering no further answer. He pulled a collection of cards out of his jacket pocket. "I have however, met some of your friends. The Prestige, right?" he starts to shuffle the cards. "You're involved in some pretty dark stuff. That kinda stuff that'll bring a few tears, and maybe corpses before it's all over." He lays the cards out before him.

Tarot cards

"Now it strikes me, that you could do with a little guidance. Especially with your own little... problem. So, how about it kid? Ever had your fortune read?" He observers you with deep dark eyes. Betraying no thoughts. But you can feel the energy in the cards and radiating off of him. Fortunes? Was that how he knew to be here? It was a random teleport! There was no way he could track you! Unless he never needed to to begin with...?

[What do you do?]

QUILL -

There's a moment of trepidation in Sammi's face as you ask her to guide you. Like she realises she may have done something wrong. But she nods regardless, and moments after you exit the base you hear her voice coming through your earpiece.

"Okay, take the left and follow York st northbound for five blocks. Then-" Whatever stammer she had face to face, it was hardly their over the mike. She guides you as best she can. You beat your wings hard. Flying over the roofs towards Om's teleport location. A warehouse towards the docks. It'll take you a bit of time to arrive. But when you do, you find it almost locked down. No clear place where he could be. One of the warehouses obviously. But which one? Sammi tries to pinpoint the location, but the teleport signiture has faded. You're going to have to do some good old fashion detective work to find him in here!

[What do you do?]

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Om nods, and decided not to ask how he knew that, he probably watched the news report from this afternoon.

Tarot cards, ah, this wasn't just some trenchcoated flatfoot, this man knew some serious magic if he had the measure of those cards right. That explained how he knew to be here before OM arrived.

He was a little unsure exactly which little problem he was offering to give help for however, all of Om's life right now felt like a collection of little problems that seemed to grow everyday. But he was always curious about getting a tarot reading, a proper one that is.

"No Sir, but I always wanted to see one done right." He settled down on his seat. "Do I have to cross your palm with silver? I'm a bit short on cash right now."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
OM - Readings the heart of the cards

"Oh no, no payment required. The price will be high enough in the days to come." He reaches for the first card.

Placing down The World

"You're under a great responsibility. A duty unlike any other. You will need aid before the end. However, that end is coming soon." Something in his words turns your mind to that horror you unleashed that even now is somewhere out there. Waiting...

Another card, The Magician

"You find yourself at a new beginning. So much promise. You have the power to make something of yourself, but you're not applying it as well as you could."

Flip, The Hanged Man

"Some of your companions find themselves at a crossroads. Life or Death. Fight or Surrender. You will have a hand to play in all of it."

Next card, Ace of Swords

"You will face fear, and pain. But if you overcome that fear you will achieve your goals."

Again he adds a new card. The Emperor.

"You will meet a tall dark stranger. Listen to his advice, even when he infuriates you, because it will aid you in your quest, to undo your mistakes..."

A final card. This one he holds up before Om.

The Devil.

With a deft movement of his hand one card becomes three. Three Devils. He lets them go and they float down on top of the other cards. One of the Emperor, one over the Hanged Man, that last floats ominously forwards to rest before you.

"You, are not the only one with Demons to face, it seems." He taps the Devil card closest to you. It lights into eerie green flames. He stares at it for a few moments. "Ashurban... I see. You're going to need a hell of a lot of help Kid. Thankfully you're in the right place for it."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure

"Oh, up to no good again I see, you knave", Eva managed to stammer out, but it was quite clear her heart wasn't in it. "I, look, Sparklebutt, I'll level with you. I was kinda looking for a night of self-pitying brooding whilst maybe kicking around some thugs. Not preventing supervillainy." She managed a tired, if somewhat forced chuckle at the end there.

Eva looked a bit to the side, and sat down on the edge of the building, her feet dangling over the nearly empty side-alley. "Like yeah I know that's not usually my shtick but times are unusual."

"So, maybe I'll just turn a blind eye to your grand schemes tonight you know. I'm not really feeling it."

However, she made no attempt to drive her 'nemesis' away, instead focusing on the twitching thug on the streets below. Looks like someone was calling an ambulance. There's no way Eva would directly ask her frenemy for aid or for consul, but hey, the girl was a psion specializing in sensory and emotional states. Who knows, maybe Eva, in her emotional turmoil, might fail to properly guard the scenes playing over and over in her head that described how she got in this situation. What a blunder that would be, who knows what the vile villainess would use such sensitive personal information for...

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Om started off feeling somewhat nervous. That faded into barely contained panic as the ominous and not all that comforting reading progressed on and on until the final reading happened, and the wierdness occured.

Without so much as uttering a word staring fixedly at the burning card in front of him, Om bunched up a fist and put it in his mouth, biting hard to suppress the sudden desire to scream.

"I forgot." He whispered, voice as quiet as a mouse. "I put it out of my mind after it happened, and I forgot all about it. I secretly hoped in my heart of hearts, that someone else would deal with him... poo poo."

This morning, he had the problem of finding a new location to shoot his film with his buddies. This afternoon he had the problem of dealing with an oil monster. This evening he had normal teenage problems with girls (mostly normal anyway) and family.

Now Om was working through the problem of having to admit to his team that they were in a lot of trouble, life threatening, possibly even world ending trouble. And one third of that trouble was directly his fault. Supposing the AI found out. Supposing his uncle found out. He took his fist out of his mouth.

"Alright, now that you've got me rightly and properly scared how do I go about stopping... It? What ever it is."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 16, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
VOIDBLADE - Frenemy-shemnemy

Sparkle came and sat down next to you. Genteelly manoeuvring herself so her puffy skirt didn't ride all the way up to her chest. Girl's got to have a little bit of class.

"What? Not in the mood? Got a headache?" She tries to joke, but they fall flat. The two of you stare down at the alley in silence for a while. She barely even has to reach out for the unguarded thoughts flowing from your mind.

"Oh. MY. GOD" She goggles at you. "Wow... you tried to kiss Fishbowl? Oh Voidy. Good taste. He's a looker. But you gotta remember that psychics can get a little unstable with powerful emotions! And he's got a whole mess of power! I mean, come on dude! Don't tell me you've never had a psy-gasam before!?" She pulls out a party popper to illustrate, gives it a little peck and then pops it. Giving you a look. She kinda has a point. God only knows what Om could do if he cut loose. Earlier on he sneezed and exploded that oil monster.

"I mean, geez, I know dark and broody is kinda you're thing. But come on! You're a girl, and sometimes you have those ~weird~ sensations in your chest... called feelings! Guess what? Sometimes people gently caress up! Even you knify! So put on yo big girl panties, slam on your pink bonnet, and maybe actually talk to him like the normal person I've been trying to remind you that you are! Rather then just assuming you're weird and they hate you. Because I guarantee you, everything that you're thinking about yourself? Every other teenager is also thinking it about themselves. I'm not busting my butt here putting these curls into my hair so that you can become just another broody stab happy psycho!"

She raises her fist in the air like she's given a rallying speech for an army! Then she opens her hand and a little cloud of glitter and confetti slowly rain down around her suddenly blank face. The juxtaposition alone would be a lot more funny if you weren't in such a bleak mood. Well... okay, maybe it's a little funny.

[Is the bad guy... COMFORTING YOU?! Clear Guilty. What do you do?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

"Past life demon thing?" I responded incredulously. So it was related to her powers. I was beginning to put the pieces together, but I still felt like Opal was holding something back. Especially since she was trying to avoid the subject. I held onto Opal's hand. I bored into her eyes with mine, trying to find a way to get the information out.

"Opal, I want to know as much about what the heck is going on with Daeva before I go talk to her. I know you know what's going on with her and before I talk to her about this, I, like, need to have as much information as possible, especially if it is something that can be tackled as a team or puts the team in harm. I'm asking this as your best friend and I'm only asking this because I know I can trust you out of everyone in the team. What do you know about Daeva's powers and why is she going to die soon?"

I was worried about going too hard on her about it, but I knew this was something serious. Something huge and that needed to be addressed before we could go forward as a team. I want to look out for them all.

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

Hmm this is a pain. How am I going to find Om?
"It's likely he is hiding, if he has no garments."
"Should I call out to him?"
"I sincerely doubt the security of the docks will enjoy your shouting."
I suddenly felt very aware of my surroundings. Az was right there probably was some kind of security around these warehouses that I hadn't even noticed.
Hope no one saw me fly in.
"Right," I whispered, "Keep your eyes open Az, he might have turned a light on in one of the warehouses. Or God forbid some guards have found him. Either way, light is our guide." I say it with a resounding happiness of my own intelligence. Hmm, figured out a good idea for detective work all on my own. Those nights watching re-runs of Miss Marple must have paid off.
"Any more bright ideas?" Mentions Az, sarcastically.
"Ha, ha, ha, hilarious Az! I'll remember that one for later when we find him, thanks to my idea!"

Ok so it wasn't the best idea in the world, but it was a start. I really needed to find Om quickly though. There must be something I can do to find him before anyone else does.

Assess the situation to find Om: 2d6+2 9

What here can I use to find Om quickly?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure

Eva stared at Sparkle Rose from behind her mask as the glitter slowly scattered into the wind.

She had a point.

Her worries did seem a bit banal, childish even, when Sparkle put them like that. Of course, she was still feeling a bit shaken by what had happened and by the though of Om's reaction after they inevitably had to talk this out. But the way she had run away without even telling anyone, nearly emulating Dad in a pathetic outburst of teen angst? Ugh.

She had to try and wash away the taste of that particular way of thinking with something. Thankfully she knew exactly what.

"I see", she intoned, "I see you trying to cast your charms on me, vile enchantress" she said with totally serious conviction as she suddenly jumped, backflipped, drew her sword and landed on the edge of the roof in a duelist pose, making sure to give her coat a little psionic push to make it wave dramatically in the ambient lighting. But while the simulated 'wind' was fake, the smile underneath her mask was finally genuine.

"Thought you would have learned your lesson with trance-poppers the last time I cut them to ribbons and used them to make tiny bowties for gingerbread men. But I suppose villains never learn." (Indeed, Sparkle Rose's little homage to the Grinch last Christmas had ended with a resounding victory for the Forces of Justice)

Eva kind of wanted to get things back on track. Deal with this at least somewhat maturely, get back to Om soonish. But it was clear that Sparkle had had something planned for tonight, and after all this it would have seemed rude to just ignore all that. But perhaps she preferred her just leaving?

Well, nevertheless, now was the time to act. This time she would not screw up however, and actually consider the other person present.

quote:

Theantero: Rolling to pierce Sparkle's mask
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 8+2 = 10

Right. Picking the following:
-What are you really planning?
-How could I gain Influence over you?

But most importantly, and this is the thing I was actually looking to achieve:

-What do you want me to do? (As in, does she want me to go deal with MY MAN immediately, or would she prefer we spar a bit since she had obviously planned for something. Voidblade will go with her preference because she deserves nice things :3:, making a retreat with a flourish or engaging in some ~grand heroics~, depending on what Eva judges Sparkle would enjoy more.)

Theantero fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 16, 2016

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I make a face. This is hard. Every time I try to dodge or pass it off, Sarah just keeps after me, and this is *really* Daeva's story to tell.

But Sarah's hurting, and...she's my best friend. I pull her into a hug. "So I might be getting parts of this wrong, but....she sold her soul to a demon in a past life. It decided to collect her in this life, rather than her previous one, because...I don't know, apparently demons and souls and past lives are all real and that's what demons do, or at least this particularly dickish demon does." Hard. Saying more would feel like just betraying Daeva even more, but...not explaining would just upset Sarah and turn on here. "I think she thinks that's how she got her powers. She traded for them. Or, previous her traded for them." I shift my weight and sigh. "That's it. Traded her soul for powers, demon's gonna come collect. Don't...don't be upset with her for not telling, okay? She trusted me with it and...I wouldn't have told you, if I didn't think it really mattered."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 1/5 | Doom: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Hopeless

The shower's taken today from being a 1/10 and bumped it up to maybe a 1.5. Nearly half an hour after arriving in my room and I'm just now getting out, having listened to half an album and used up as much hot water as it was feasible for me to without using my magick. Had an awful lot to think about while I was in there - none of it pleasant - but I'm feeling perhaps slightly more content about the perpetual desperation and loneliness that is my life when there's a knock at the door, a knock that Elementa is responsible for since she's asking if she can come talk to me!

Nearly dropping my towel on the spot, I race towards the door and open it for her immediately, and I cannot believe the sight before me. She definitely wants to be here, and she's looking crazy horny - and demonstrating it too! Apologizing for running away, standing so close to me, starting to undo her swimsuit, her hand pulling running softly through my wet hair and pulling me closer... this is like a dream come true! She's so hot it's unfair, practically obscene, and you have no idea how much I'm enjoying her body against mine (seriously, no idea) but there's somehow something bothering me about this otherwise amazing scenario.

Didn't I use my magick to make it impossible to reach here? I know I didn't screw it up. So, how did- OH gently caress!

Whatever this thing is - because it's obviously not Elementa, I should've known that when she wanted to get physical with me - I'm not giving it high marks for how it kisses. Since, uh, yeah draining my soul out here, and I'm not sure if that bothers me or that it's almost certainly some sort of horrible monster behind a disguise and I was two seconds away from going for second base. Wahtever the case, it loving hurts, and thanks to my own tantrum half an hour ago I'm totally alone here - even if my teammates cared enough to look for me, they won't be able to find my room for quite a while. Looks like I gotta solve this myself.

Tackled to the floor by this Elementa-monster, drat thing's definitely trying to kill me, and between being pinned and it sucking my soul out through my mouth things could definitely be better. Plus I've lost my towel, so yeah guess it's time to find out if I can fight naked. Can't really cast the big spells without being able to move or gesture, and this thing's done its absolute best to take care of both already. Not great, but I'm not going down without a goddamn fight.

Managing to break free of its grip on my hand for just a moment, I bring my outstretched palm up to her stomach, hoping she doesn't notice the purple glow to it... and then pour an unfortunate (for her) amount of arcane energy directly into her torso via my hand. If she actually has organs I'm pretty sure they're about to get shredded in a spectacular fashion, and if she doesn't it should still stagger her for long enough for me to get to my feet and grab the drat towel again.

<Rauri> Daeva Directly Engage Ahriman's Servant
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
* GovtCheese (GovtCheese@synIRC-DE828249.tx.res.rr.com) has joined #swampthings
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+1 = 8
<JusticeGrieves> Also, I agree, goofy cartoon villain insults do own.
Let's avoid / resist counterattack - have two conditions already and taking a powerful blow sounds like a poo poo plan here.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Sep 17, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Wow, that was some heavy stuff. Selling your soul in your past life? No wonder she didn't want to talk about the origin of her powers. God, I must've sounded like an absolute idiot asking her. It was starting to come together. Why she was so forward about asking me for a kiss and where her powers came from.

"I'm not angry at her," I told Opal. "And I understand that it was a hard thing to say. It really means a lot to me that you can confide in me like that. Thank you, Opal."

I clutched her hand tightly and gave her a quick hug. I felt like I had enough to go off to confront Daeva now. I needed to, after the disaster that had happened before.

"Come on Opal, let's find Daeva. We need to talk about this."

After that, I rushed off to Daeva's room or at least where her room was. This was something I needed to talk to her about.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
OM - Well poo poo.

The man's eyes glimmer. "They say the meek shall inherit the world. But it would be more accurate to say the Meek and her sisters need to be protected. They're the key to a door you don't want opening. But maybe you should listen to the angel's of your better nature. After all, fate moves in mysterious ways. Watch for the man with Yellow eyes. He will be your guide. But ultimately the Three Kings must be sealed by the hands that released them. Trust in your team. Trust in those around you. They may mislead you. But their advise may be the diffrence between life and death." he says it all so casually. But what the hell does he mean?! 'the meek'? 'Angel's of our Better nature'? And who's this guy with Yellow eyes?

Before you've got a chance to figure more of this cryptic bullshit out. There comes a the sound of a window shattering! It's Quill!

[What do you do?]

QUILL - ACE DETECTIVE!

Aside from Az's smart arse comments. You do quickly work out that the very helmet you've brought for Om, is also your best means of tracking him. It reacts to his psychic energy you think? Well, the inner ring lights up when you point it towards a certain warehouse, so that's a good sign right!

You flap up to the top window and look inside. It's OM! And....! And....!

STRIDER!

They might only be talking, but still! It's STRIDER!

You prep yourself, wind up, and SMASH thought the window!

"Ah, I was wondering when you'd get here. Just in time too. Your friend here was starting to reach his collars limit." Strider says.

[What do you do?]

DAEVA - Uh, maybe Elementa's really into choking?

Your little blast is sloppy. It's ill conceived, and desperate.

But it IS effective!

Your attacker gets thrown off of you! The swimsuit gets shredded and you're treated to an eye full of Elementa's naked form. Okay, it might be ~Slightly~ on fire. But holy poo poo, it's hot! You can feel yourself starting to get more turned on by all of this... almost enough to get you to drop your guard again. You just want her on top of you, touching you, kissing you allllllll over. Your inner mind was screaming at you not to listen- BUT WHO LISTENS TO THAT GUY? NAH YOU SHOULD TOTALLY LET THIS THING ELEMENTA EAT YOUR SOUL GO DOWN ON YOU ;p

Oh gently caress it's a succubi! Looks like you got it off of you just in time! If it had been kissing you when it hit you with it's powers you'd be dead. Or more accurately "hosed".

It's face dropped as it realises it's seductive powers weren't working on you. Especially when you grab you towel! It's lizard tongue flicking out, tasting the air. It's calculating it's next move. You've got a chance to hit it while it's working out how to drop you.

Maybe you should drop it first.

[Anyone got any popcorn? Oh, and what do you do?

VOIDBLADE -

quote:

-What are you really planning?

Frankly, she's planning to ambush you with fun. Asides from being far too much of a broody weirdo, she hopes that maybe she can have a positive impact on you as a person. Okay, there's a tinge of teenage rivalry, and maybe she's ever so slightly got a thing for bad girls. But for her it's her moral duty to try and break you out of your psychopathic brainwashing. Maybe cover you in stickers and glitter once in a while. She's not playing to win these little fights. She never has. Her victory is being anything other than what you've been trained to be. And if that means she can unleash the normal teenage girl hidden underneath? All the better for it.

And if she can make you giggle? Well... I'll leave it up to you to discover the consequences of that.

quote:

-How could I gain Influence over you?

She'd love to hang out with you outside of the whole heroics thing. Show you what normal people do for fun. Take you shopping and make you try on and buy ridiculously cute girly dresses. Eat icecream! Watch stupid movies! Make you have fun! And if she can get you dating at the same time, then good god we might even have a breakthrough. In a weird way, she thinks of the two of you being friends. Kinda.

quote:

-What do you want me to do?

Well, she was planning on dropping you into a vat of glitter. But it's pretty obvious you've got other things to sort out. She'll let you go... for now.

....but next time....?

She's going to tie you up, and draw bunnies on your clothes with pink sharpie. :3:

"Hahaha! You kidding? Oh Stabby, We were really making progress! God, just imagine it, you might even get some action! Maybe be less of a creepy looser!" She sticks her tongue out and blows a raspberry your way. "But, given that I'm a generous, fabulous, sweet and adorably cute villeiness! I'll let you go.... just this once...!" She struts towards you, gently pushing the blade to one side with her finger on the flat. Leaning in very, very close. "Besides, let's face it. You ~want~ me, bad! And it would be a shame to break your heart. You'll just have to make it up to me another time." She winks and maybe it's how bloody close she is, but you can smell her perfume, it's strawberries, with a little hint of jasmine. She giggles and almost kisses you on the cheek, but slides past and gives a sassy little strut back along the roof as she walks away, all hips and 'tude!

"See ya around, Voidbutt! Oh!" She stops and spins. "You might wanna look down. <3 " She takes a photo of you standing there and dashes off into the night.

Looking down, on your stomach, a big sticker in the shape of a cartoon bunny holding a heart. It reads 'I got owned by Sparkle Rose x x'

[Well, that'll be going up on the internet soon. What do you do?]

ELEMENTA & OPAL - I could have sworn it was only down the corridor

You attempt to approch Daeva's room but find yourself in the kitchen. You turn back around and try again, but end up at the pool... which you're pretty sure is the opposit direction.

What the hell? It's almost like something's warped the corridor!

[What do you do?]

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

"No...no, no, no."
I was overcome with anger and fear. I felt like I was going to throw up seeing that disgusting excuse of a man talking to Om. Was he lying to him? Threatening him? I'd never stuck around long enough to discover his true methods.
"This all my fault..." I whispered. He would never have targeted Om if it hadn't been for me.
"We must be careful and catch Strider by surprise. His super speed gives him the upper hand. I suggest a stealthy approach around the building and-"

I smashed through the window and dropped to the warehouse floor in front of the pair, next to a table with cards all over it.
"Subtle, Quill, subtle."
"You!" I screamed at Strider, "You get away from him right now!" My voice was deep and full of rage but it wavered slightly as I commanded him.

I rip the bag from my shoulder and pull Om's helmet out, never taking my eyes off Strider, not even blinking. Watching every move, should he speed away I'd need to protect Om quickly.
My wings transformed into sharp, inter-connecting blades that stretch and twist towards Strider ominously.

Walking slowly to Om's side, my eyes never wavering, I hand my friend his helmet and the bag of my coat and some shoes. My face is full of fury but I can't hide how much my hands are quivering as I pass the gear to Om.
As he gets himself sorted, I wrap my right wing behind Om, just in case. This rear end in a top hat wouldn't touch my friend. I would kill Strider before I'd let anything happen to Om, or any of the team.
"Are you ok, Om?" I whisper without turning my head. "Can you run?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I hug Sarah back hard. "Good. I don't think she'll be angry with you either," I say. Maybe it's just a hope, but...well, let's be positive, right?

"Yes, that's what I've been saying!" I exclaim with a huff and jump to my feet, rushing after Sarah. I definitely don't want Sarah telling Daeva everything about my blabbing without me there to explain it.

But....we're in the kitchen? "Did...we just get lost in our own base?" I ask Sarah, scowling. "Ugh, I am not in the mood for this poo poo." Dee must be doing some magic refusal thing. I yank open a drawer and pull out some cooking string, then go over to the fridge. The free end gets tied to the handle in my best girl scout knot.

"Alright, let's go," I say, trailing the string behind me as I head for Daeva's room again.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
QUILL & OM - Striding towards answers

So Quill knew this guy? she doesn't seem to like him.

Strider watches you in the same manner one might watch an addorable toddler.

"Your friend is unharmed. I merely happened by and offered him a towel, some clothes, and a fortune while we waited for his ride to arrive. Perfect timing as well. His coller couldn't take much more stress." He says to Quill. His smirk is infuriatingly smug.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 18, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Uhhh, I thought we knew this place well enough not to get lost. Every time we tried to go to Daeva's room, we just ended up going somewhere else. It was actually making me feel dizzy trying to find this room that just refused to be found. I let out a frustrated sigh as we ended up in the kitchen for the umpteenth time. This was starting to get ridiculous now.

"Apparently so." I responded, running my hands through my hair. She could tell that Opal was getting frustrated by this too. She stood silently as she watched Opal tie a rope around her, probably to use as a way to help determine which direction we were going.

"What if Daeva doesn't want to see us?" I asked her, biting my lip slightly. I could understand why she would do that. But, like, I wanted to apologize to her. If she's cast magic that causes us to be unable to find the room, I'm not sure rope was going to exactly be the thing that guides us to her.

"Daeva!" I called out, hoping to get her attention. "Opal and I want to talk? Can we come into your room?"

It might be a bit fruitless, but I had a feeling Opal and I weren't that attuned towards finding a way out if magic was involved.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Of course the message would be some cryptic pseudo-mystic nonsense wouldn't it? No one ever wants to make it easy for people apparently supposed to save the world. The Meek and her sisters, not the meek as a general description but the Meek, as if it was the name of a specific person or thing. Is that us or someone else, Sammi maybe? It would be hard to think of someone meeker. And Om didn't know anyone with yellow eyes maybe it was a metaphor or someone we would meet in the future, and the only angel he knew was Quill but somehow he didn't think that meant her. The only thing he was sure he understood was the bit about the kings, right, he really needed to talk to Daeva about what she found. And admit what he knows

And then the window was smashed as Quill made her entrance. And she was incredibly unhappy to see the man he was talking to, oh dear is this going to come down to a fight?

"Wait Quill!" He tried to shout out but she was already on him and holding him protectively from the stranger. The clothes packed for him he didn't have much use for right now but he politely took his helmet back and attached it to his head with a click.

The glow on the collar faded as the helmet took up the slack of dispersing the energy built up, and illuminated the dingy warehouse in a faint purple glow.

"Are you ok, Om?" I whisper without turning my head. "Can you run?"

"Y-yes Quill I can but-"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Sep 18, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 2/5 | Doom: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Hopeless

Hey, that's not a bad idea. I mean, already lost my soul and this thing does look like Elementa, so would it REALLY be so bad to let it- Shaking my head, I can't believe I didn't see it sooner - no wonder it looks like Elementa. loving Succubi, always gotta be jerks like that. Really not how I wanted to see Elementa naked for the first time (but I will totally take what I can get).

If this thing's thinking about killing me, it definitely should've shifted its tactics up - maybe turned the charm up before it started to suck out my soul? Now I've got the advantage, since I know the terrain and also I'm a goddamn wizard. Let's see, what can I do that WON'T blow my room or all my stuff up? Hmmmm...

Yeah turns out most of my magic is incredibly destructive and quite a bit of it probably won't work against demons, who'd have thought? Still, I think I've got an idea - may have taken me too long to figure it out though! Pointing directly at the demon, I focus half my attention on all the electricity surging throughout the building's electrical wiring (the other half is on making sure my towel is held up). Time to change the conductivity of the air around the Succubus to be lower than the copper wiring all that energy is being stored in and watch her get hit by lightning bolts out of the walls!

<Rauri> Daeva directly engage
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3+1 = 4
<Rauri> yiiikes

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Eva looked down at her suit, grimacing a bit at her predicament, but her frown quickly transformed into a wry grin and a little chuckle. Yeah, the villains needed an occasional victory to remain believable, right? Nevertheless, the glue Sparkle Rose used for her stickers was excessively tough, but lost its adhesiveness in a couple hours (indeed, the girl had an aversion towards permanently disfiguring outfits she liked). However, that still meant Eva had to deal with it for the time being, and later on when the picture inevitably found its way to Sparkle's instagram. But it's not like there was anything Eva could do about that now.

With a shrug, Eva started making her way back towards the base. She had things to take care of.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
DAEVA - Getting rough

You're attempt to shock the demon only results in a light crackle, the Sucubis groans in appreciation. You can't help but feel a blush rise to your cheeks, this is so not fair. What doesn't help is the lightning not only sets fire to your towel (you're kidding me!) What's worse is your magic seems to go a little... haywire! You barely have any time to act before it's on you again and it-

QUILL & OM - Suddenly!

Strider would probably continue messing with you. But he suddenly gets a frown. "drat" he mutters. Then a sly smile graces his face. "Oh, well, that'll work." He looks up at the pair of you. "You're friend is in danger. The mage. She needs your help. Without your aid she'll be killed. The two of you are the only one's who can assist." He holds up a card. "But you'll have to go right now." He throws the card casually on the floor. Where it erupts into a glowing vortex! "Remember, a soul is at stake, so you better hurry!" Before you even have a chance to talk back, you find yourselves dragged through the portal, getting thrown into...

DAEVA - Oh, wait what?

-slams you into the floor! You can feel your mind scumming, and oh god you NEED it so badly! It's every touch is pure ecstasy! God! YES!

Suddenly there's a great bloody vortex that rips it's way into existence in front of you. Even the demon pauses uncertainly! Now Quill and Om come tumbling through the portal into a pile on top of one another. Oh bloody hell!

QUILL & OM & DAEVA - Well, gently caress. Guess he was telling the truth

Through the portal you can see a naked Daeva, pinned down by a... thing? It looks like a naked Elementa, but it's twisted, wrong somehow, also on fire! Daeva looks like trying to fight this thing off! The whole room has a heady sent in the air that's both intoxicating and arousing in equal measure. At least it is for anyone not wearing a fishbowl on their heads. For Om it's like looking into a snowstorm!

It leaps off of Daeva and grabs Quill! Holding her hostage! Oh poo poo! Not good!

"Even better, a lovely little angel, oh I bet she'll be so tasty! What's it gonna be, your soul? Or this one's?" It licks it's lips (and also Quill, in a manner both disturbing and errotic) even as it starts pumping the room with more of its lust dust. Trying one last time to overwhelm your senses.

Well what do you do?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 3/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Angry.

"Wait, Daeva, Daeva is in trou-"

But it was too late, the room had shifted and suddenly he was in the sanctum. A pink fog hung in the air and it was making everyone dizzy and aroused with it's stench, and in this mess the Demon captured Quill and was holding her hostage. It was trying it was trying to cloud his mind

But Om looked at the thing posing as his friend. It looked at it's naked form, it's gaping mouth and it's drooping tongue, the way it spoke, the way it looked, and the way it was gripping Quill. The way it weedled and tried to attract him with magic and flesh. Then he took one look at the naked Daeva lying on the floor, injured from some sort of fight and came to an immediate conclusion.

And felt disgusted. Om blazed with a power that seemed to dissolve the mist around him.

One pointed a finger at the creature "How dare you come here! How do you intrude on this sanctum! रोकना !!"

22:00 TheNabster Imma hold it down with powers Unleashed first
22:00 TheNabster !r 2d6+3
22:00 Krysmbot TheNabster, 5+3 = 8
22:00 TheNabster That'll do

>Marking Angry

At the very moment those words left his mouth, the Demon was pressed into the ground as if weighed down by an incredible weight, it couldn't hope to hold on to Quill when it was being dragged against the floor by such a force. For the Gosinga bloodline had trained its psychic powers for the specific purpose of fighting things of it's ilk, and OM learned quite a few things from Uncle Gao.

"Quill! Finish it!"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 18, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
ELEMENTA & OPAL - Techi troubles

As you arrive back at the kitchen again, Sammi that tech runs up to you in a panic!

"AHH! H-H-HELP!" She wails! Diving behind you! From the way she came shambled some kinda horrible beast. It looked at you as thought offended by your existence.

"I-It's trying t-to take me!" Sammi cries, peering over your shoulders. The creature, which looks like some kinda weird boar thing, with arms coming out of it's back. It lowers it's head and snorts at the floor. Looks like it's getting ready to charge!

[What do you do?]

VOIDBLADE - What have I just walked into

You roll into the base and getting ready to track down OM and having a heart to heart. But, instead of finding yourself in the corridor, you suddenly find yourself in the kitchen! Where Elementa and Opal were facing down some kinda deamon pig thing and that little technitian Sammi was hiding behind them! What the gently caress has been going on!?

[What do you do?]

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty

Oh my god, what's happening!? How did this thing get in here and why was it going after Sammi of all people? I knew that I had to act.

"Sammi, get behind us!" I called out, trying to move in front of her to defend her against the thing. Was it here because of Daeva? It was certainly not something that was very common. Still, there was not a lot of time for them to worry about semantics.

"Opal, let's deal with this thing!" I called out. I tried to most as fast as I could, though in my haste I made a critical error.

I tripped. Well more accurately, I tripped and tumbled. God, I must've looked dumb.

jimmydalad> Rolling to defend Sammi
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 4+1 = 5
<jimmydalad> lolololol

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

She knew magic. Especially the kind that messed with your sense of direction, or your senses (thanks again, Sparkles. Will have toy pay you back sometime), and immediately Voidblade knew the base had been compromised.Her friends were in danger. Om was in danger. Eva though? She was once again in full blown business mode. Smile gone, eyes sharp, sword drawn. Even the new bunny sticker on her abdomen seemed to gleam menacingly.

And it wasn't long until she happened to... Sammi was her name yeah? And Elementa. Also, Opal. Facing some sort of demon-boar. And clearly in trouble. There was no room for faffing about anymore. None of this emotional turmoil. They needed her now, and they needed her sharp. With a jump and a menacing wave of her sword, Voidblade placed herself between the beast and her friends.

Of course, it was easier to say such things than actually do them. Once she was actually there, facing the thing, she could not help but waver. Tried as she might, she could not really shake the thoughts. What if she screwed up yet again? Her wavering, as it happens, sort of took away some credence from her great show of bravery.

quote:

Theantero: Rolling to defend these two civvies
Theantero: !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot: Theantero, 7+1 = 8
Wait actually, Insecure subtracts 2 so that's a 6 whooops

Exposing myself to danger, clearing Insecure IF somebody chucks Team my way HINT HINT.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 18, 2016

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016

Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Angry, Afraid

Strider continued to berate me with his looks, and smug attitude. If i can keep him busy, keep him entertained, maybe we can get out of here alive. I knew he was a coward, but now he was actually here, actually talking to me again, I wondered what move he would pull next. Our last conversation hadn't lasted this long.
He frowns and I panic, getting ready to grab Om and fly through the window I shattered earlier.
Then he mentions what must obviously be Daeva. My face betrays my thoughts. I've left her alone and she's been attacked. Fear rises in me again knowing this is life or death again today.
"You're handling the stress well, Quill, don't stop now." says Az, reassuring me in his own way.
I nodded, but I didn't trust Strider as far as I could throw him. Tough for me, since in a blink of an eye we were gone.

The portal drops us off and I'm hit by this smell, it makes my wings twitch like crazy, like a heavy perfume in a closed room.
Daeva's on the floor and getting attacked by this...thing, but Az is distracting me.
"No, this is bad, I need your dopamine levels to decrease now! You aren't ready for this, and by the almighty neither am I!"
"Az, what the hell are you going on about?"
Too busy trying to get Az to make sense, this thing grabs me and drags me away slightly from the rest of the group.
It's stronger than it looks, using me as a kind of shield between Om and Daeva, I wrestle slightly against it but it quickly grabs my throat from behind, and I stop struggling.

"Even better, a lovely little angel, oh I bet she'll be so tasty! What's it gonna be, your soul? Or this one's?"

And then it licks me, right across the cheek. I instantly shudder in disgust but then everything slows down. I relax and feel so warm all of a sudden but my heart's beating out of my chest! What the hell is happening?
My eyes in a haze see Daeva. Oh my God, she's naked. I want to look away but I can't. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I want her so much. I didn't know I could feel this way. I want her in my arms, against me. I can feel my body aching to touch her.

"Patience, listen to me, it's a succubi, it's messing with your mind. You need to do something. You need to do something now! Didn't you hear it? It's going to kill Daeva, you have to do something right now or Daeva will die!"

Az's words hit me like a tank. No, I wasn't going to let this happen!
I felt the creature start to lose it's grip on me. Om was pinning it to the floor with magic. I wasn't going to let this thing go near Daeva, not ever.

engage a threat
stabbing the sucubus: 2d6+0 6
Nabster spending team to give +1, thanks!
Marking potential
take something from them

The demon slipped from my back and I turned on it as it dropped, turning my wings into metal blades, sharp and clean.
I didn't hesitate. I sliced into its gut, penetrating its chest upwards. I leaned into the monster, forcing my weight onto the blade, sending as much of my wing into it as I could.
Then I spread my wings.
I wasn't letting this thing get back up.
It evaporates into dust as I make the final internal blow, the dust firing into the air with the force of its dying squeal.
I take a deep breath.
"Om, Daeva could probably do with my coat now you aren't using it."
I just stare at the floor, I dare not look at her again. Not right now. Not till she's dressed. I feel...man, I'm gonna have to apologise later.

---

Filled a potential track
Taking another move from my playbook
Kirby-craft
Fast & maneuverable and powerful weaponry
Difficult to repair and susceptible to vanishing with misuse.
I'll edit my character sheet with more detail later

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 19, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty

Oh my god, Eva could not have come at a better time. Waving frantically towards her, I noticed that she didn't seem to be fully confident.

"Come on Eva, you can do it! I know you're capable of doing anything!" I called out, hoping that I could inspire her to perform. It was odd to see her being unconfident. Hopefully it wasn't something that was too heavy on her mind. If it wasn't for this boar thing, I'd probably want to talk to her about it. There was a boar thing, though. Probably should focus on that.

Adding one team to Eva's roll!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Hearing those words set something off in Eva's mind. Elementa was right. She was Voidblade. The trainee of one of the most dangerous people in the city since she was little. What was she doing there, shaking in front of some malformed pig? She had faced so much more, and so much worse than that. Just like magic, her poise improved, and the slight tremble in her sword-arm faded into complete stillness. She lifted it, and pointed it at the monster.

"Hey, thing. I've got two feet of cold steel here with your name on it."

"Come and get it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 4/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Angry.

Confirming the expendature of 1 team to Quill's roll, since I am already sort of helping her with my action

OM was taking deep breaths, trying hard to keep his temper. But the power was welling up in him from the thoughts running rampant in his head.

"Om, Daeva could probably do with my coat now you aren't using it."

Om snapped back to the present, and with it coherence. "R-right, got it." Om rummaged through the sack that Quill brought for her long coat and quickly brought it over to Daeva offering it to her and focusing on a point above her head as not to look.

23:19 TheNabster -3 Mundane Comfort Rolls WOOOOOOOOO
23:19 TheNabster !r 2d6-3
23:19 Krysmbot TheNabster, 6-3 = 3
23:20 TheNabster What did I expect
23:20 TheNabster Free Xp though
23:20 TheNabster Would like to trigger the team move because OM is pretty scary right now

Om wrapped the coat around Daeva, helping into a sitting position and then gripped her shoulders tightly looking into her eyes. "What did that thing do to you Daeva? Did it hurt you? I swear to the gods if it hurt you hell won't be far enough." Om crackled with energy, he was angry, extremely angry, his Dome was almost looking like a plasma ball from the barely contained rage within crackling off in long hot sparks, his eyes burned with purple psionic fire, and his hands trembled from the pent up emotions.

What are you afraid of at this exact moment?

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if there is any fear in their eyes when they look at you. If they say no, take +1 forward and mark potential. If they say yes, immediately shift your Danger up and Savior down.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 18, 2016

• Locked thread