Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

When I was a kid, my family would buy those individual Carl Buddig meat packets. I'm not sure why, we weren't poor, but they were very cheap, like 39 cents for a 3 oz package or something like that. (the pics below say 2 ounces, but I think they have shrunk in size) My father would make sandwiches with them to take to work and I would make sandwiches with them from time to time as well. I haven't had them in many years, but I remember them well. Below are my rankings. Please feel free to discuss and post your own rankings!

I remember this being legitimately good

Also legitimately good

Not bad, but not very "beefy"

Pretty plain jane, not offensive

Kind of gross and weird, not good

Very gross and weird, definitely do not recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

literally perfect ratings in the op this is incredible

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the corned beef was the only one i liked iirc

the chicken tasted unnatural and slimy

plain ol' generic brand beef cotto salami was always my favorite though

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

1 slice of carl buddig in a sandwich, and mayonnaise.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i hope you get run over by a steamroller, OP

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

i hope you get run over by a steamroller, OP

That would make me a similar thickness and consistency as some delicious carl buddig beef! :)

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
one time we rescued a stray collie and fed it like 8 packs of Carl Buddig meat because it was all emaciated looking and starving. that dog went on to be the family pet for 13 more years. thats my carl buddig story thanks for listneing now back to whats important *cracks another beer*

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Op, why do you keep making threads?

Specifically, why do you keep making vapid, uninspired threads, at an inane pace, over insipid, pedestrian (or worse) topics?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

The Bananana posted:

Specifically, why do you keep making vapid, uninspired threads, at an inane pace, over insipid, pedestrian (or worse) topics?

dont fuckin talk about buddig like that

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

A friend of mine lived off of Carl Buddig meats and Coors light from 18-24.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Iron Prince posted:

dont fuckin talk about buddig like that

Buddig is pedestrian, at best. :colbert:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Iron Prince posted:

one time we rescued a stray collie and fed it like 8 packs of Carl Buddig meat because it was all emaciated looking and starving. that dog went on to be the family pet for 13 more years. thats my carl buddig story thanks for listneing now back to whats important *cracks another beer*

and that dogs name was

Carl BudDog

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Bananana posted:

he has no where else to post the ideas he has here in gbs any longer

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

extra stout posted:

and that dogs name was

Carl BudDog

we named the dog Eve because we found her wandering the street on christmas eve. dog loved buddig as her favorite treat and was in fact her last meal before dying of some pretty hardcore cancer almost immediately afterward.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Iron Prince posted:

we named the dog Eve because we found her wandering the street on christmas eve. dog loved buddig as her favorite treat and was in fact her last meal before dying of some pretty hardcore cancer almost immediately afterward.

yo nice av

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Iron Prince posted:

I thought you said you had that dog 11 years?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Bananana posted:

she took a long time to eat

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009
Buddig lunch meat is pretty low tier, but passable.

If I think I'm gonna need a sandwich or two for lunch in the next few days, I get the pastrami or the beef. If you add cheese, pickles, lettuce, and condiments you can get two decent sandwiches out of a 2 oz package. And you avoid slimy leftover lunch meat that you'd have to deal with later.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
OP nailed it. Pastrami and corned beef are the only two ones worth eating.

You gotta have good technique to unfold the meat to get good sandwich coverage so it's not just bread bread bread LUMP OF MEAT bread bread bread

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
Never did go wrong with ol' Carl in the past. Now i'm gonna get me some Bud-strami and make me some fair lunch meat sandwiches for lunch this week. Thanks OP! :banjo:

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

A friend of mine lived off of Carl Buddig meats and Coors light from 18-24.

Brian is that you?

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I salute the OP, for Buddig is true Americana, the K-Mart strip mall kind that reflects the actual truth of the nation, rather than that wheat field and barn or American flag on small town Main Street bullshit.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I was hoping for a link to a youtube channel of a guy named Carl doing meat tastings

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

The Bananana posted:

man now you just splittin hairs

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

tks. your av situation is still mucho hosed, amigo. condolences.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Iron Prince posted:

man now you just splittin hairs

Lol

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

1 slice of carl buddig in a sandwich, and mayonnaise.

1 slice? Might as well just suck on the heel of a bread loaf but hey can't blame you for going easy on the 37 cent meat

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
Nice marketing you dumb piece of poo poo, how about you make a thread about something cool like the chemtrail conspiracy

gently caress you

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

PBRstreetgang posted:

Nice marketing you dumb piece of poo poo, how about you make a thread about something cool like the chemtrail conspiracy

gently caress you

:eyepop:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This poo poo is loving awful. Then again, living with a roommate outside of Seattle with a $1,100 rent.....

All of them looked and tasted like they were stolen out of a prepper's bunker that was stocked 3 years ago.

We still stopped buying it. Beer has plenty of life giving calories.

edit: I think I switched to those Land o' Frost 1lb packages. Slightly higher quality, just a little more money, and slightly less depressing.

edit 2:

The Bananana posted:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 17, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

PBRstreetgang posted:

gently caress you

:gowron:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I like to use the corned beef packs with some mustard on a kaiser roll, fills me up without breaking the bank on calories

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Aldi has a good deal on deli meats

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: I think I switched to those Land o' Frost 1lb packages. Slightly higher quality, just a little more money, and slightly less depressing.

Oh god, maybe carl buddig was worse than I remember then, because I bought land o frost one time in college and that poo poo was almost so bad I couldn't finish the package.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Aldi has a good deal on deli meats

Aldi has good deals on many, many things.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

Aldi has good deals on many, many things.

Yeah, but deli meat in particular for me

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

Oh god, maybe carl buddig was worse than I remember then, because I bought land o frost one time in college and that poo poo was almost so bad I couldn't finish the package.
I actually like land of frost, however the turkey does not taste like turkey and the ham does not taste like ham. Neither taste like a meat I have tasted otherwise, the closest thing maybe being off brand gefilte fish.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I bought one pack of corned beef and one of pastrami op i will let you know how they are

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

angerbeet posted:

I bought one pack of corned beef and one of pastrami op i will let you know how they are

Nice! How much do they cost now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
$1.29 it's highway robbery

• Locked thread