Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

EugeneJ posted:

Sometimes

I mean I do too when I'm too drunk to aim for the bowl but I'll throw down with an ex girlfriend any day of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
You can't get this sort of incredible poo poo over the counter in Europe and it breaks my heart. I'm currently suffering with a cold and I'd pay premium dollars to buy a bottle of some high quality over the counter benzos to knock me the gently caress out for the next 8 hours. Instead I'll sleep brokenly for about 6 hours waking up periodically to blow the pus and garbage out of my nose and throat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I fuggen love the generic variants. Cheap as hell and makes sure I actually sleep more than 3 hours.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Ape Fist posted:

You can't get this sort of incredible poo poo over the counter in Europe and it breaks my heart. I'm currently suffering with a cold and I'd pay premium dollars to buy a bottle of some high quality over the counter benzos to knock me the gently caress out for the next 8 hours. Instead I'll sleep brokenly for about 6 hours waking up periodically to blow the pus and garbage out of my nose and throat.

There's no benadryl in Europe? Because that is the sleep ingredient and I believe it is a very common otc drug.

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Not on these forums, you have to tell

Im not revealing how I urinate

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

a dog from hell posted:

There's no benadryl in Europe? Because that is the sleep ingredient and I believe it is a very common otc drug.

Apparently you can get it in the UK, but not Ireland. I have Uniflu which I guess contains antihistamines.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Ape Fist posted:

Apparently you can get it in the UK, but not Ireland. I have Uniflu which I guess contains antihistamines.

Does this include North Ireland? Sorry I'm nosey.

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Smythe and genesplicer kiss each other

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Just buy generic Benadryl, op. Save your money for more Jergens.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

nigga crab pollock posted:

my favorite is having a flu and looking at the wall of loving flu products and trying to look at the text to see which ones have phelylephrine

phenylephrine might say 'decongestant' and used in place of pseudophedrine but it is 100% useless. that is not hyperbole it's never been proven to be better than placebo in clinical trials

but they still hock that poo poo at you for $8 a blister pack even though it won't do poo poo. hey, you can't make meth out of it :grin:

Are you in the US? I was under the impression that they can't sell pseudophedrine otc anywhere, every time I have bought it in I have to talk to the pharmacist and sign a sheet of paper, lol. So when I look at the giant wall of products, I just look for the ones that have little cards instead of boxes, that's the good poo poo!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

NVJ posted:

Smythe and genesplicer kiss each other

mods knew

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
looks like you've blown this case wide open gumshoe

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I like generic unisom hth

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

EngineerSean posted:

looks like you've blown this case wide open gumshoe

Do I get some sort of prize? A promotion? Anything?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

Do I get some sort of prize? A promotion? Anything?

I'll come over and give you a handy, we'll see if that gets you to sleep.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When is xanax gonna be available over the counter so I can start sleeping again

naem
May 29, 2011

DayQuil liquicaps©™® are terrifying. If I absolutely can't miss work those things are like the movie Limitless. Everything is glowy and my eyes are open too wide for like the next 10 hours

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

naem posted:

DayQuil liquicaps©™® are terrifying. If I absolutely can't miss work those things are like the movie Limitless. Everything is glowy and my eyes are open too wide for like the next 10 hours

I think you're taking DXM trips my friend

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
I thought everyone in the western world was just prescribed Xanax now, for the ennui?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

A Tasteful Nude posted:

I thought everyone in the western world was just prescribed Xanax now, for the ennui?

In America health insurance and nice clothing is a prerequisite, a sort of pre screening to make sure you're civilized.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
dont blow the diphenhydramine lid OP, you wont like how they react

A Tasteful Nude posted:

ambien, much better

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
anyone mind posting how often they can take benadryl before they become immune to it? i used it as a sleep aid for a week and by like day 6 i wasn't sleeping

seems like for it to be effective you can use it maybe 3-4 times a month

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

extra stout posted:

anyone mind posting how often they can take benadryl before they become immune to it? i used it as a sleep aid for a week and by like day 6 i wasn't sleeping

It worked very well for me as a teenager and now I'm pretty sure it's 100% placebo. I don't take it often, it's just junk.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
When my wife was preg w/ our 1st child, she craved spicy foods & was repulsed by sweets. W/ our 2nd she craved sweets & was repulsed by greens & w/ our 3rd she craved vegetables & was repulsed by soul food. Each child's cravings trumped & dictated my wife's cravings & appetite. We have God living within us in the holy spirit & He craves His things that brings life & has a distaste for those worldly things that brings death & destruction. If we'll yield to Him, our cravings will slowly die & His life giving ways will awaken to take over Ezekiel 36:27 "GRACE"

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

a dog from hell posted:

It worked very well for me as a teenager and now I'm pretty sure it's 100% placebo. I don't take it often, it's just junk.

i think 25-50 mg really is an effective sleep aid, you just cannot take antihistamines often

if your life is not totally poo poo, and you only have 2-3 nights a week you absolutely cannot sleep, 1 night of smoking or a couple drinks, 1 night of benadryl, and 1 night of a script might be a safe way to do it but i dont know

a lot of doctors will openly admit the richest man alive cannot buy sleep, the better the sleeping pills the bigger the risk, long term benzos give people loving dementia not to mention guaranteed depression, massive addiction, all the safe options build up a tolerance quickly

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

extra stout posted:

Its highly erratic and frankly not a great sleep aid. Tolerance builds very quickly (plenty take it every day during the day for allergies).

Unfortunately all sleep aids eventually stop working so well, but there are many that are highly consistent. However they are prescription and/or deadly and/or harmful to day to day life. Some are actually better for you than benadryl too though.

My reccomendation after literally a lifetime of insomnia is get a script for Ambien. Use as needed. The long term side effects are essentially nil (particularly compared with most other things ) as well if that's in the cards. Its not for everybody, but if you're capable of taking a pill to sleep and actually going directly to bed you won't do stupid poo poo like run naked through a Wal Mart or whatever.

Anything "stronger" than that has bad side effects and anything not prescription has a buttload of other issues. Weed is the most obvious answer for a lot of people but , eh, I can't smoke weed every night to sleep and expect to be 100% the next day.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Benadryl seems to work for me every night, it kicks in after about 45 minutes and I feel the same way every time, heavy and tingly. I've forgotten it a few times and wondered why the hell I wasn't falling asleep before realizing, so I don't think it is a placebo, maybe I'm just extra sensitive to it.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I definitely work up a tolerance to the actual sleep-inducing effects after only a couple nights, but the fugue state it puts me in never fails.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Its highly erratic and frankly not a great sleep aid. Tolerance builds very quickly (plenty take it every day during the day for allergies).

Unfortunately all sleep aids eventually stop working so well, but there are many that are highly consistent. However they are prescription and/or deadly and/or harmful to day to day life. Some are actually better for you than benadryl too though.

My reccomendation after literally a lifetime of insomnia is get a script for Ambien. Use as needed. The long term side effects are essentially nil (particularly compared with most other things ) as well if that's in the cards. Its not for everybody, but if you're capable of taking a pill to sleep and actually going directly to bed you won't do stupid poo poo like run naked through a Wal Mart or whatever.

Anything "stronger" than that has bad side effects and anything not prescription has a buttload of other issues. Weed is the most obvious answer for a lot of people but , eh, I can't smoke weed every night to sleep and expect to be 100% the next day.

i worry about ambien only because though it's technically not a benzo, it still works via GABA receptors and they actually use the same drug to save you if you OD on ambien as they do for any benzo overdose, so if i had to guess without enough data to actually prove it: it still probably long term makes people depressed, makes it so your REM sleep suffers, and leads to dementia. just an educated guess though. i am curious how well ambien would work for sleep or anxiety for someone already super tolerant to benzos though

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I bought a bottle of melatonin for 8 bucks a year ago and still have like half the pills left.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
what is it with goons and posting detailed pill names and weights and dosages

just drink a drat beer

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

extra stout posted:

i worry about ambien only because though it's technically not a benzo, it still works via GABA receptors and they actually use the same drug to save you if you OD on ambien as they do for any benzo overdose, so if i had to guess without enough data to actually prove it: it still probably long term makes people depressed, makes it so your REM sleep suffers, and leads to dementia. just an educated guess though. i am curious how well ambien would work for sleep or anxiety for someone already super tolerant to benzos though

In my experience its NOTHING like benzos in terms of negative short or long term effects. You can take Ambien every night for 6 months and stop immediately and not have a single withdrawal symptom outside of mentally worrying about sleeping.

I can't take benzos for more than a week before I actually feel the need for it.

It is a real, powerful medication for sure so some will be affected differently, but I've been on it for years. For example, I haven't taken it for a few days now after at least 2 months straight and haven't cared one bit. I'm not on any other medication however, don't know how it mixes with other drugs.

You do build tolerance, but frankly it is always effective even if you don't feel it anymore.

A-

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Chinatown posted:

getting drunk and doing narcotics imported by a brutal multinational organization owns

suckle upon mi huevos puto

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Smash it Smash hit posted:

When my wife was preg w/ our 1st child, she craved spicy foods & was repulsed by sweets. W/ our 2nd she craved sweets & was repulsed by greens & w/ our 3rd she craved vegetables & was repulsed by soul food. Each child's cravings trumped & dictated my wife's cravings & appetite. We have God living within us in the holy spirit & He craves His things that brings life & has a distaste for those worldly things that brings death & destruction. If we'll yield to Him, our cravings will slowly die & His life giving ways will awaken to take over Ezekiel 36:27 "GRACE"

lol wrap it before you tap it

or learn to pull out like a gentleman

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

If I take more than 3 dph pills it makes my bones itch.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Aug 17, 2016

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Diphenhydramine is trash-tier. Nyquil is good for sleep though.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Every night I take 25mg of doxylamine succinate and 10 mg of melatonin. If I want weirder dreams or near nightmares I take 3 doses of Calm Forte.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
just smoke cannabis indica op

it's way more fun :okpos:

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

That Robot posted:

just smoke cannabis indica op

it's way more fun :okpos:

Gives poor sleep and I feel this is objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

EugeneJ posted:

People who insist on buying brand-name drugs like Bayer Aspirin for $10/bottle are loving idiots

looks like this guy doesn't know b/c the more you know the more you trust bayer

• Locked thread