Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016
My Medicaid coverage ends at the end of the month and I can't get myself to the proper office, if I even knew where it was, to file for a extension! I might make a phone call today though, but the office has not opened yet! I have enjoyed Medicaid immensely over the years and found it to be mostly trouble free and in about seven years this is the first time I've had any trouble with it! Thank you goons for caring. You guys mean the world to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
You should vote for trump so this can all be taken care of. I mean, that seems simple to me. And many people believe that healthcare choices should be simple.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Which rereg are you?

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

Mega64 posted:

Which rereg are you?

I'm this guy.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=473566

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

Garcin posted:

You should vote for trump so this can all be taken care of. I mean, that seems simple to me. And many people believe that healthcare choices should be simple.

If you build a 3000 mile wall and want to monitor every 1 mile of the wall with a camera you would need 6000 cameras,. I for one would enjoy this job but I don't think anyone would want to pay to have this done for the rest of eternity.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Holy poo poo you went from healthcare to a Hispanic wall.

You are totally unamerican if you don't think there are not enough americans with ATV's who can monitor the wall that circles what 1/8th of the loving GLOBE!!?!?!?!?!?!

Take a lesson from the Chinese, their wall totally prevented the mongols form destroying 10 percent of the population.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
(in a Clarkson voice): of the WORLD

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Garcin posted:

I didn't know it was called Trumpcare. We've been calling it the wrong thing for years.

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

Garcin posted:

Holy poo poo you went from healthcare to a Hispanic wall.

You are totally unamerican if you don't think there are not enough americans with ATV's who can monitor the wall that circles what 1/8th of the loving GLOBE!!?!?!?!?!?!

Take a lesson from the Chinese, their wall totally prevented the mongols form destroying 10 percent of the population.

How does Trump feel about Chinese people not having health insurance? :D

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Many people believe that healthcare premiums are too high, and this is because obamacare shifted the entire industry to cover people with pre-existing conditions. What the gently caress is the problem with these people. They want health coverage for their health issues???

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

Garcin posted:

Many people believe that healthcare premiums are too high, and this is because obamacare shifted the entire industry to cover people with pre-existing conditions. What the gently caress is the problem with these people. They want health coverage for their health issues???

Yes they do and you too might have health issues one day good friend and in that day, God helps us that you don't, I hope you will be adequately covered!

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Kang Wang posted:

How does Trump feel about Chinese people not having health insurance? :D

It makes for cheaper ties. And they should make their own insurance, and they should make their own suicide nets. And they should stop winning so many goddamned medals in the olympics. And why can't we make iphones in milwaukee for two dollars an hour. It's a disgrace, and many people say it's to stop employment of african americans.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Garcin posted:

This is true but at that point it should be called "spreading around the cost of your health care," not "insurance." Insurance is a very specific thing and is a just-in-case sort of thing.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

GORDON posted:

This is true but at that point it should be called "spreading around the cost of your health care," not "insurance." Insurance is a very specific thing and is a just-in-case sort of thing.

And so you are proposing to do away with healthcare premiums, and the thousands of people who are employed by these companies.

These companies have no purpose whatsoever, but they employ a bunch of people in a bunch of call centers and they have chief operating officers who NEED YACHTS, and AUDI automobiles.

So gently caress single payer and taking care of people with pre-existing conditions. The purpose of health insurance is to make money, and making money creates jobs, and you cannot have a yacht as a CEO with single payer insurance!

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

GORDON posted:

Should I change the thread title?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Well now you're changing the subject.

I'm just saying call it by the correct name. If it is covering poo poo you already knew about, it is no longer "insurance."

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

Garcin posted:

And so you are proposing to do away with healthcare premiums, and the thousands of people who are employed by these companies.

These companies have no purpose whatsoever, but they employ a bunch of people in a bunch of call centers and they have chief operating officers who NEED YACHTS, and AUDI automobiles.

So gently caress single payer and taking care of people with pre-existing conditions. The purpose of health insurance is to make money, and making money creates jobs, and you cannot have a yacht as a CEO with single payer insurance!

What do you want the CEOs to do with their money?

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

GORDON posted:

I'm just saying call it by the correct name. If it is covering poo poo you already knew about, it is no longer "insurance."

I want to be "insured" that I don't "die"! :D

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

Garcin posted:

It makes for cheaper ties. And they should make their own insurance, and they should make their own suicide nets. And they should stop winning so many goddamned medals in the olympics. And why can't we make iphones in milwaukee for two dollars an hour. It's a disgrace, and many people say it's to stop employment of african americans.

I am an Asian American, GOOD FRIEND!

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

GORDON posted:

Many people believe that insurance doesn't work unless you don't cover pre-existing conditions, because these cost a ton of money. And they take away bonuses form CEO's and managers of call centers.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

GORDON posted:

Well you should have already saved up six months of salary and you should have been employed so you can cover your deductibles and your medical expenses. You have tax-free options for your heath savings account.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
So I was just writing all of this because I felt like being an incredible rear end in a top hat, but I do have a bunch of experience with medicaid, healthcare.gov, and the patient protection and affordable care act (if you are a racist or sympathetic to being a racist you would call it obamacare).

First off, Kang Wang registers what two days ago and asks for advice in GBS. I am a lurker here and have been so since what, the year 2000, so I get a bit skeptical about the responses people look for and what they may get.

So my message to Kang Wang is simple : you actually have to call people, and work with people to maintain your local health coverage through medicaid and healthcare.gov. They are ridiculously helpful as long as you follow their really simple rules and submit documentation on time.

And now that I think about it, I feel like an incredible rear end in a top hat. And I feel that medicaid in your state should be better funded, and your questions should be answered quickly and confidential without having to ask an internet forum that you joined... two days ago.

Lastly... dicks.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure if you got the memo.... but we aren't calling people "racists" anymore for things not related to race. The republicans finally figured that one out.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

GORDON posted:

I'm not sure if you got the memo.... but we aren't calling people "racists" anymore for things not related to race. The republicans finally figured that one out.

Thankfully I never got that memo.

It's a wonderful thing that republicans are moving forward with diversity.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Hmmmm. Not sure if you really think this or not.

I am going to go with trolling. You almost got me, you clever bastard. ;)

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Trolling, and upset with the current state of healthcare. Sorry for the gotcha, but it's still strange that someone is asking for health insurance information in GBS. With a 2 day reg date.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Don't worry OP. You can privately sign up for an Obamacare plan that will only run you about $2,500 a month if you make a middle class income. :thumbsup:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
True that. Sometimes you like to think someone is just naive and seriously needs help.... but then you remember, forget it, Jake... it's GBS.

Anyway, a dude on medicare should have been bombarded with ACA info for the last couple years.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
have you tried getting a job

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

vols bitch posted:

have you tried getting a job

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Garcin posted:

what do you have against white people bud ??

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I've been paying for my own health insurance for like six years now, so god knows how many thousands of dollars and I think I went to the doctor once in that time, and they didn't even run any tests. So I guess I just flushed that money down the drain, hmm.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what time does the race war start? also do you validate? if not I can come back... *blots up some small blood spatter stains on the carpet*

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

dad gay. so what posted:

what time does the race war start? also do you validate? if not I can come back... *blots up some small blood spatter stains on the carpet*

race war!!!!! cmon, bring your wife!!! wait, is- is she polish? ok, yeah dont bring your wife RACE WAR!!!!!!!!!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Barack Hussein Obama posted:

If you haven’t made it affordable, how are you going to enforce a mandate? I mean, if a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house. The reason they don’t buy a house is they don’t have the money. And so, our focus has been on reducing costs, making it available. I am confident if people have a chance to buy high-quality health care that is affordable, they will do so. That’s what our plan does and nobody disputes that.

lol yeah thanks for forcing broke people to buy unusable insurance from an insanely immoral and under-regulated industry that has been murdering people by spreadsheet for decades

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*begins chanting*

RACE

WAR

RACE

EAr

give me an R!!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Don't worry about it OP, I heard your concerns and took care of everything for you.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
just don't get ill/injured, op

problem solved

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I heard there was some kind of rack war going on :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Garcin posted:

Over Half these chicks are doable. :q:

• Locked thread