Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I do kind of agree with Fishbach's annoyance though. We don't need 30 confessionals from the same person about exactly the same thing. The extended running time does benefit the show sometime but they could still tighten it a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xcore posted:

I know there was probably some clever editing for the reaction shots, but how loving awesome was Craig's "If we voted our Andrew" speech to Phoebe? Andrew standing right there, Craig doing hilarious shifty eyes. So good! Re-winded that like four times.
yeah that was so good, an Andy's reaction was priceless

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

yeah that was so good, an Andy's reaction was priceless

What did Craig actually respond with after Andy did the "but you're not actually going to vote me" line. I couldn't quite understand him.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

xcore posted:

What did Craig actually respond with after Andy did the "but you're not actually going to vote me" line. I couldn't quite understand him.

Something about just using Andy as an example.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
In addition to Kat's general uselessness, I could see it if people saw her general talkativeness at tribal as a real potential liability. If there was any sort of scheming going on, it seemed like she wasn't aware that you weren't supposed to just go blab every bit of it the first time Jonathan asks you anything about the game. How do you move forward in the game with someone like that?

I really, really enjoyed this week's episodes. Sunday's in particular was really good, exciting television. I'm enjoying Phoebe worm her way out of a really, really rough position, and I'm enjoying Craig in general.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

The contestants all seem very well fed. Usually we see some serious weight loss and people being completely drained of energy by now. I wonder if their rations are much larger than the US version. Kat for example looked plumper than ever in that last challenge.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

Septimius posted:

The contestants all seem very well fed. Usually we see some serious weight loss and people being completely drained of energy by now. I wonder if their rations are much larger than the US version. Kat for example looked plumper than ever in that last challenge.
I don't think they want to starve the crap out of people in a 55 day season. The years the US version starved people in a 39 day season were boring as hell.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it looks like they get a poo poo ton of rice

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nooooooo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so sad :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why you do this too me???

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what a blindside

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

pretty good

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Great ep. I'm gonna miss Craig though, he was one of my favourites. It was the right move for Phoebe to make though, and he took it pretty well.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

They were too good.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
What an episode. Who would have though this outcome?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeahhhh, always cool to see a correct idol play, but I don't know how they think they're winning any challenges with that one. I'd have gone for Sue. Solid Vavau number, not a strong physical asset.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
On the other hand, they might be assuming another swap is coming any day now, considering they're now down four members to the other tribe.

Also, it was great to see how much Craig enjoyed the move, even though I'll miss his presence on the show.

But god drat, Phoebe. She's so good.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
poor yellow team :(

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

i have a huge issue with la paglia spilling the beans about the idol and Craig. It's not his role to just announce tribe drama to Brooke.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

how did phoebe get cast with so many loving idiots on aganoa. Seems deliberate they wanted her to have pawns

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

this is a stupid twist

xelfer
Nov 27, 2007

What's new, Buseycat? woa-aah, woa-aah, woa-aah
is this survivor or randomly switch poo poo up whenever i feel like it but keep one powerful tribe in power forever

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so uh...shouldn't be long until the merge now

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That stupid twist was dumb and bad.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

That twist just seemed like the producers were afraid Phoebe would go home... so let's just make up some bullshit about not voting tonight.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

elgarbo posted:

That twist just seemed like the producers were afraid Phoebe would go home... so let's just make up some bullshit about not voting tonight.

Eh, they still had a production schedule. It's another twist that just smells so much like the China season I think one of the producers has to have seen it recently, emerging with a boner the size of Uluru.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

-sometimes the host doesn't say goodnight after 'head back to camp' and that is my biggest annoyance with this season
-i liked the most recent twist
-i really like the inflation of player numbers so we get to know them before they drop off
-i just realized how many of the reward challenges have been food. I guess it's cheaper? It would be cool to see them in a helicopter going to a lagoon (or a bar : p )
-connor is my homeboy. i love his wry defeated but smiling take on everything that happens to his tribe
-heaps of the humour is closer to new zealander humour, lots of very subtly sarcastic remarks dropped between earnest statements. i feel i get their banter more than the american version but maybe thats just me and not a geographic thing. i'm not looking forward to nz survivor in terms of hearing our accent on tv.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Sportsbet has had one player backed into $1.50 prior to last nights episode. I'm not going to say who that player is and I don't think anyone should post it here. But it is curious. Maybe a result has been leaked.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lampsacus posted:

-i liked the most recent twist

why

Lampsacus posted:

-i just realized how many of the reward challenges have been food. I guess it's cheaper? It would be cool to see them in a helicopter going to a lagoon (or a bar : p )

They're also in it for a long haul. At their halfway point here, US survivors are going into endgame.

Lampsacus posted:

-connor is my homeboy. i love his wry defeated but smiling take on everything that happens to his tribe

He has the best, most pathetic smile ever. He's the guy Michael Cera's agent wishes he was. I just want to give him a giant bear hug every time I see him on-screen.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Because while it might be terrible for voter confidence, I like that they are taking risks and messing with stuff. It'd be too easy for a regional version to carbon copy.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I used to feel sorry for Connor but now I think he's dull.

the latest twist was dumb. There have been 3 (I think) tribals where someone hasn't gone home and the switch rather than vote out has been done already. Letting Brooke sit in on the tribal was enough of an advantage, especially when not Probst was airing all the tribe's secrets.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Dugong posted:

I used to feel sorry for Connor but now I think he's dull.

I disagree! Let's go through his arc.

-Part of majority within Saanapu tribe

-Comfortable winning tribe gets paranoid, vote comes down to a split between Connor and Flick. Said split is based on perceived shadiness; here I'd say that Flick was playing a very Phoebe game.

-Vote ties. Before the fact of the tie is revealed, the first vote-swap twist mechanic is revealed

-Lots of hemming and hawing, Connor basically throws up his hands to get shuffled over to Vavau

-Other twist is revealed, Connor pulls over alpha male for challenge winnings and also they seem to get along

-73 more episodes of Australian Survivor occur

-Connor has not only not gotten voted out, he's getting approached by the "bottom" alliance.

Like, think about this. The bottom alliance of 4 then 3 then 2 and now once again 2, goes to Connor for comfort and support.

Sorry. I'm a Connor fan.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And actually now that I've written all that out it reminds me of something.

I kind of feel like Phoebe is a poor man's Flick.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
For example, see how Brooke got sent for the eavesdropping advantage? That wasn't an accident.

That's Parvati-style managing your lieutenant so as to think they themselves have power, as well as your little people so as to think to themselves, oh, that's okay, she's not doing much game-wise so this seems like the prudent choice.

The confessionals I really want to see regard how that choice went down.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There won't be a merge. They'll just wait until Phoebe is last Vavau standing.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

Propaganda Machine posted:

I kind of feel like Phoebe is a poor man's Flick.
Flick almost got booted from a tribe in which she was in the majority with a rock-solid ally. Because she was overplaying and lying. And currently, she's failing to explore alternatives that might secure her a spot in the final 5 as the favorite to win vs. Brooke, Jennah Louise, Kylie and El.

Phoebe got shuffled off to Buffalo, was the consensus target at the first post-swap Council, convinced a chauvinist ally to give her the idol he held, found another idol without a clue in hand, and survived five straight tribal councils despite being a prime target at each. And got the enemy to vote off their most bitter, pseudostrategic player, who was clearly gunning for her. She gave us two brilliant blindsides back to back.

Flick couldn't hold Phoebe's jock strap. :) I would actually sign a petition to have Phoebe cast on American Survivor.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

stop sending the interesting people home, kristie is a retard. Every time she opens her mouth it makes NO sense. She is worse than Kat.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Mills posted:

stop sending the interesting people home, kristie is a retard. Every time she opens her mouth it makes NO sense. She is worse than Kat.

She is a very good goat to take to the finals. I wished that interesting people lasted longer as well but I'm kinda excited to see if goats will wise up and take out the goat herders(does this even happen?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006
Would help if people label the post as to what ep they are potentially spoiling. Fair game if it's been 12+ hours tonot tag it but e14 has only been available to most for < 2 hours and we get 3 in 3 days

• Locked thread