Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Also a gay

I'm not a black though which is the other thing gibbis hates, so let's just stick to the gay tran questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
go away

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have a gay tran question: why do you think anyone cares

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

When did you know you were trans? What was the process like, figuring that out? This is a very difficult thing for us cis people to understand, since there's not really an analogous sort of moment in our lives.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
why would i ask you something i dont even know you!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

When did you know you were trans? What was the process like, figuring that out? This is a very difficult thing for us cis people to understand, since there's not really an analogous sort of moment in our lives.

i was a ninja turtle at haloween once

cnut
May 3, 2016

What's a tran? Is that like being Vietnamese or something?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If you are gay and trans I'm slightly confused, are you saying that the gender you currently occupy is gay or the gender you want to become is gay?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

are you really Tonetta :swoon:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
is this the fantasy baseball thread

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How many bathrooms have you stolen children's innocence from

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

r u tonetta

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
do you think the 2016 TENNESSEE GODDAMN VOLUNTEERS are going to win the national championship and if not how can you be so loving wrong

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Orkin Mang posted:

is this the fantasy baseball thread

yeah if youre into power hitting and catching hot ones lol

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

vols bitch posted:

why would i ask you something i dont even know you!

Why do anything in life, really?

FactsAreUseless posted:

I was like 5 or 6 playing with dolls & doctor with my friends (who were all girls) and my parents made me stop talking to all of them is when I figured something wasn't right. It wasn't until after I was able to get away from my parents, that I could express myself. Even then, I hosed around for several years because I didn't want to look like a gender monster, but after just going for it, I ended up looking like any other girl so lol

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
can I be a train

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If you are gay and trans I'm slightly confused, are you saying that the gender you currently occupy is gay or the gender you want to become is gay?

Very good question! I identify as female, who is sexually attracted to other females. I asked the same question, when I found out transgenderism is a real thing.

a hole-y ghost posted:

are you really Tonetta :swoon:

Famethrowa posted:

r u tonetta

Yeah

vols bitch posted:

do you think the 2016 TENNESSEE GODDAMN VOLUNTEERS are going to win the national championship and if not how can you be so loving wrong

Wut

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dr. Tran?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO0kRE5OTZI

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
What kind of boiler do you have

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

dont hardball me! i demand an answer!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Zorodius posted:

can I be a train

If you have enough money, I can't see why not.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
what it do??

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Do you believe that children who identify as transgender (pre pubescent) should be allowed to undergo the hormone treatments and ultimately the surgery so as to enter puberty with the appearance of their chosen gender, or do you think that one should have to wait until they are of legal age to make such an important decision?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

What kind of boiler do you have

I don't know, I don't mess with those sort of things - one of many perks to renting as opposed to buying!

vols bitch posted:

dont hardball me! i demand an answer!

The only thing I am sure of, is they won your championchip for your favorite team in Sport

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
do toronto gloryholes have plastic coping like the fancy ones or are they just cut straight into the stall and full of splinters and poo poo?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Do you believe that children who identify as transgender (pre pubescent) should be allowed to undergo the hormone treatments and ultimately the surgery so as to enter puberty with the appearance of their chosen gender, or do you think that one should have to wait until they are of legal age to make such an important decision?

I think that it should be allowed, under the assumption that the individual has engaged in enough therapy sessions and have indeed been deemed as transgendered.

It's quite rare that someone who experiences dysphoria to not have the mind of a transgendered person. This isn't to say there aren't many dysphoric people who don't transition, since the process is pretty horrid.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Jose Mengelez posted:

do toronto gloryholes have plastic coping like the fancy ones or are they just cut straight into the stall and full of splinters and poo poo?

Idk, I hadn't been to Toronto in several years, and you know how glory holes can get over time :)

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tonetta posted:

I think that it should be allowed, under the assumption that the individual has engaged in enough therapy sessions and have indeed been deemed as transgendered.

It's quite rare that someone who experiences dysphoria to not have the mind of a transgendered person. This isn't to say there aren't many dysphoric people who don't transition, since the process is pretty horrid.

I do not understand what you mean by the "mind" of a transgendered person. I'm actually curious, if you're willing/able to bring forward the literature, as to what criteria doctors use to determine whether somebody is transgendered as opposed to...um...whatever the alternative is? Is there a strict set of guidelines?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
whats the most interesting thing that ever happened to you

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

whats the most interesting thing that ever happened to you

the answers about genitals but w/e

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
wait, I have another question

I'm working with this guy, he's usually responsive but I left a message about an issue a few days ago and I haven't heard back, and there's a deadline coming up. How do I follow up without seeming like I'm nagging him?

Thanks

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
did steven avery murder that girl?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
has rob ford ever tried to suck your dick?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

wait, I have another question

I'm working with this guy, he's usually responsive but I left a message about an issue a few days ago and I haven't heard back, and there's a deadline coming up. How do I follow up without seeming like I'm nagging him?

Thanks

If it has been more than 24 hours there's no reason not to call directly and inquire after the message. Then, wait an hour, and call once more. Finally, send a text message an hour later, and if still no response, you have now exhausted all options.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I do not understand what you mean by the "mind" of a transgendered person. I'm actually curious, if you're willing/able to bring forward the literature, as to what criteria doctors use to determine whether somebody is transgendered as opposed to...um...whatever the alternative is? Is there a strict set of guidelines?

The "mind" of a transgendered individual could infer to a few different things. Typically speaking, pre-transition transgendered individuals will possess many particular traits, but few of them ere exclusive to the process (ie: dysphoria).

Some of the traits that, with enough evidence, points to "true" dysphoria are "untreatable" clinical depression, failure to bond with other individuals emotionally/emotionally stunted, zero/minimal interest in their own physical appearance, what social group they do have usually aligns with their ideally identified gender.

I'll write more about it in a bit. Keep asking questions i'll be back

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
do you have any cats

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

are you more than meets the eye

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is it the Real You?