Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Orkin Mang posted:

cool man. everyone has some correlational study they can point to that apparently justifies whatever nonsense they want. theres one about 'boys like trucks/girls like dolls' going around too. come on.

So you admit to not understanding it and hence not being able to argue further. That's fine

8-Bit Scholar posted:

No it doesn't. By what metric?

By what metric does anything determine gender? You're being brazenly dishonest at this point. It is enough that the fact exists, any honest person can draw the necessary conclusions from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

penis and vagina

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

that's all i have to say on the subject

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
On a side note, I like how the argument "no", as a perpetual, repeated, hollow response to everything, apparently makes a man a genius if he's disagreeing with some hated enemy.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

no, he cried out, strictly to hitler no one else listen to this, nooooo

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just dont give a poo poo

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

PBS Newshour posted:

Look 8-Bit, not everyone be the quickest to finish record holder in Custard's Revenge.

I'm into it.

DrowningInDreams posted:

By what metric does anything determine gender? You're being brazenly dishonest at this point. It is enough that the fact exists, any honest person can draw the necessary conclusions from there.

Boys have penis, girls have vagina? That's a pretty good starting place, don't you think? What am I being dishonest about, even? If you went back and read my initial post I even describe in some detail things that make women into women--life experiences, the development of the body into a form that can bear, sustain and birth life. Things that you said you don't care about. So you don't care about other people's experiences, particularly women, and you just want to be called a girl while having a dick, balls, dressing and acting completely unlike a woman? In what universe do you think that makes a lick of sense?

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Enfield posted:

i just dont give a poo poo

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe
are you really samus

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
if penis or vagina is the standard of gender what about this woman with 2 vaginas? does this make her a double female or some kind of female primarch?:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-boyfriend.html

please link any related research studies or 7e rulebooks that can spread light on this

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrowningInDreams posted:

On a side note, I like how the argument "no", as a perpetual, repeated, hollow response to everything, apparently makes a man a genius if he's disagreeing with some hated enemy.

what is the content of your femininity? its clearly not behavioral bc ur into motorbikes.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

samus is no way trans i refuse to accept that sorry but she was the first strong female role model for many gamers and I refuse to see her coopted like that she is one hundred percent a biological woman and plus she couldn't gently caress ridley if she wasn't so ...

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
penis

vagina

pen is vagina

pen = vagina

I think we're onto smoething guys

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Robot Pride posted:

if penis or vagina is the standard of gender what about this woman with 2 vaginas? does this make her a double female or some kind of female primarch?:

please link any related research studies or 7e rulebooks that can spread light on this

either a double female or super female

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Boys have penis, girls have vagina? That's a pretty good starting place, don't you think?

It's a pragmatic way of handling things but not a correct one. It's one thing to say it's a starting point, another to call it an ending point.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

What am I being dishonest about, even? If you went back and read my initial post I even describe in some detail things that make women into women--life experiences, the development of the body into a form that can bear, sustain and birth life. Things that you said you don't care about. So you don't care about other people's experiences, particularly women, and you just want to be called a girl while having a dick, balls, dressing and acting completely unlike a woman? In what universe do you think that makes a lick of sense?

These things make one a woman because you say they do? Your argument rests on nothing.

Oh and

8-Bit Scholar posted:

dressing and acting completely unlike a woman?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Look how wonderfully consistent and honest you are! Your entire argument is bad faith equivocation, in bad faith. I carry a gun because men like you can't be handled by reason and are bound to assert yourselves otherwise eventually.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Orkin Mang posted:

what is the content of your femininity? its clearly not behavioral bc ur into motorbikes.

I'm not feminine, I'm just a woman.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

men are just the worst ugh

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Today I identify as a cool dogge.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

DrowningInDreams posted:

I'm not feminine, I'm just a woman.

you're prob more feminine than olympic female shotputters because even though they may have a coin slot i really doubt they wear dresses and have tea parties and whatnot

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i just wanna make it clear I am not anti trans i troll all threads equally and without mercy have a nice evening and I love you regardless of what you are. unless you're a pedophile. then I hate you

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DrowningInDreams posted:

It's a pragmatic way of handling things but not a correct one. It's one thing to say it's a starting point, another to call it an ending point.

These things make one a woman because you say they do? Your argument rests on nothing.

Oh and

Look how wonderfully consistent and honest you are! Your entire argument is bad faith equivocation, in bad faith. I carry a gun because men like you can't be handled by reason and are bound to assert yourselves otherwise eventually.

I hope you shoot an innocent man and are sent to prison for life

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

SaltLick posted:

I have a trans friend that was kicked out of the air force about 6 months ago. I feel bad for her because she was so close. :(

Do you have any info on how trans people are treated in the military or will be in the future?

They made it not illegal to be both trans and in the military at the end of june, so while I feel bad for your friend, I do find it funny poorly trans were treated all the way up until the moment.

I'm sure they were treated worse than regular women. As in: instead of probably getting raped and likely not taken seriously, they were almost certainly raped and definitely weren't taken remotely seriously.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Well if men can become women any time they please, it does sort of create a problem for those advocating for the rights, particularly the equal rights, of women. Gender being equal is easy enough from a legal perspective, but from a sexual and cultural perspective it's incredibly troublesome for a man to literally be able to take the one thing a woman can feel entitled to--her sex--and appropriate it.

Like, if I was a woman who had to deal with growing up as a little girl, then dealing with the trials of entering puberty, the constant pressure from both men and women to maintain certain standards of behavior and etiquette, the physical elements of entering sexual congress and ultimately conception, birth and childbirth--to have a man basically have a surgical operation, and then say he was just as much a woman I was, I'd probably be kind of irritated by it.

I'm afraid that there is not much that can be done to educate you. Have a good night.

Zorodius posted:

Do trans people tend to take up gender-typical hobbies from their transition gender?

Specifically, I'm wondering about those hobbies which aren't particularly "fun" because of their association with the gender itself. Like, fishing: it's not a sexy symbol of masculinity, and it's boring as hell to most women, but would FTM men take an interest in it? Do MTF women quilt and watch The View at a rate similar to from-birth females?

Some do. I have very feminine hobbies, but I always did. The only masculine hobby I ever had was working on cars, but that is encapsulated in the fact I just like crafting poo poo. I don't know if hormonal balance has to do with picking up gender-aligned hobbies, or if it has more to do with repressed feelings/interests or simply just wanting to fit in. It's probably a varied mixture of each unique to the individial, but I don't care to speculate further.

Orkin Mang posted:

transgenderism is the very enemy of feminism

Orkin Mang posted:

transgenderism is logically dependent upon the very gender stereotypes that feminists spent generations challenging.

I don't think this is the thread for you. You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think your opinion is well-educated, and therefore more assumptuous more than anything.

Ill Peripheral posted:

Question to all you trans ppl in here, did any of you's have sex with Ryan Lochte in Rio???

Nah

Robot Pride posted:

i used to serve hot dogs and now i serve tacos ask me anything

Where the buns at

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Mange Mite posted:

I hope you shoot an innocent man and are sent to prison for life

That's not very nice, least of all to the innocent man.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Celluloid Sam posted:

i just wanna make it clear I am not anti trans i troll all threads equally and without mercy have a nice evening and I love you regardless of what you are. unless you're a pedophile. then I hate you

Whoah whoa whoa look at this bigoted shitlord

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

There's nothing funnier than a grown man tucking his penis between his legs and going "I'm a lady, I'm a lady!!"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

DrowningInDreams posted:

That's not very nice, least of all to the innocent man.

you can shoot me I volunteer

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Celluloid Sam posted:

you can shoot me I volunteer

Are you of sound mind?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

DrowningInDreams posted:

Are you of sound mind?

hahaha

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
if trans doesn't exist how can you ban it BOOM flawless logic :chord:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lol if you find the trans bait funnier than every other piece of info from the weirdo op

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Hm if i type lots of words in an authoritative tone then people will believe my scientifically dubious claims

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Robot Pride posted:

Yes, actually, the more genitals you have the more gender points you have.

With my ten dicks, I am actually a literal god of men.

DrowningInDreams posted:

First I'm dishonest and now I'm inconsistent, but you somehow neglect to specify how? Oh wait what, now I'm a rapist? Lmao, so first you don't give a poo poo about women, then you profess to looking not even remotely feminine, then you say that I'm incorrect by saying that your definition of woman makes no sense, but you don't actually have a rebuttal. Are you just claiming an inaccurate gender identity to somehow stand out? Was being a philosophy-reading, motorcycle-riding, gun-toting dude not unique enough for you?

I made a statement that women could clearly have cause for umbrage about men appropriating their sex. In response to that, you have claimed first to not care, and then gone on to insult anyone who questioned your identity, accuse me of being a rapist, and insisted that you need to remain armed so as to defend against persons like myself, who apparently are a risk to your life for daring to suggest that maybe your gender identity ought to be more than just a collection of stereotypes and a need for feeling special?

Tonetta posted:

They made it not illegal to be both trans and in the military at the end of june, so while I feel bad for your friend, I do find it funny poorly trans were treated all the way up until the moment.
I'm sure they were treated worse than regular women. As in: instead of probably getting raped and likely not taken seriously, they were almost certainly raped and definitely weren't taken remotely seriously.

And now trans women are even more victims then women are? It really is a co-opting. I'll actually say that I've worked with a former airmen who is now a woman and they managed to go through a full military career rape free and then used their money to pay for their surgery afterwards, so when you say there isn't much you can do to educate me, I'm not sure what you could pull out of your rear end that I haven't seen before.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Mange Mite posted:

Hm if i type lots of words in an authoritative tone then people will believe my scientifically dubious claims

A dishonest man will be unconvinced by any argument, might as well have fun with mine. It's not like the style of an argument effects the content, as any first year student knows.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Mods in the interests of progress and equality please merge this thread with the "how to deal with being an ugly chick" thread

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DrowningInDreams posted:

A dishonest man will be unconvinced by any argument, might as well have fun with mine. It's not like the style of an argument effects the content, as any first year student knows.

Yess I also huff my own farts as I write

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
cant we find a middle ground and just ban 8 Bit Scholar and DrowningInDreams and gas the thread?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrowningInDreams posted:

ahem *affects

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
:chord:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Boys have penis, girls have vagina?

It's actually not anywhere near that simple, and gender is not a simple binary equation. The number of intersex conditions that can arise is much higher than you are aware of, to begin with, and within the general population there is a spectrum of gender. Yes, it is concentrated on two main points, but there is a lot of variation between and around those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Mange Mite posted:

Mods in the interests of progress and equality please merge this thread with the "how to deal with being an ugly chick" thread

lol

• Locked thread