Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Today I had rasins for breakfast, picadillo cubano for lunch, and shrimp/greenbeans/green onion for dinner

im gassy af right now, just farting up a storm, wtf why what did I eat to do this to me?

Genesplicer, you're a scientist, can you explain this phenomenon?

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
*sigh* your posts, op.

see I don't even really mean that

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
heavy drinking + packets of chips

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I eat an entire box of Fiber One bars a day

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
gotta get gas

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
mahbe its all the rear end hosing op?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
driving through LA usually gives me terrible gas

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Driving a lot tends to force me to get gas OP.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
One time I ate a whole bunch of raisin bran and pooped and farted tons

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Once I farted so hard that I blew a hole in my barcalounger

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I guess it would be nervous situations like getting pulled over or having a job interview, or maybe being mugged.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
Farting during a mugging sounds like it would be the most awkward thing.

Maybe awkward enough to get the mugger to leave.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Eating a lot of potatoes

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lentil and pumpkin stew. Holy gently caress

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

beer, sadly!

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Foods that are difficult to digest, OP.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I always do what the little light says. I live by the gauge. I obey the gauge.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i get gas almost every time i post one of my trademarked worthless threads around here

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

H.H posted:

Farting during a mugging sounds like it would be the most awkward thing.

Maybe awkward enough to get the mugger to leave.

Ya. It's worked for me a few times. We both ended up having a good chuckle.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
hot pockets and the holocaust

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

op I hope you live forever, watching year by year as your loved ones pass, until eventually you are alone, completely and utterly alone. But alive.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Yesterday I had a steak, beef jerky and cashews. I could knock a person out with my gas today.

edit: Oh hey OctoberBlues.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Broccoli turns my rear end into the toxic avenger.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

my vehicle runs on diesel it's a TDI but not one from the "bad" years

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

when i hit my boiling point i get p gassy OP

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

hth posted:

when i hit my boiling point i get p gassy OP

HAHAHHAA OMG VAPOR LOL OMG

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Cream of mushroom

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I'm pooping right now. Hoping I don't lose my gas after.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Cream of mushroom

stream of butt doom

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Yesterday I had a steak, beef jerky and cashews. I could knock a person out with my gas today.

edit: Oh hey OctoberBlues.

Howdy sam!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

psychokitty posted:

HAHAHHAA OMG VAPOR LOL OMG

this bitch gets it

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

hth posted:

this bitch gets it

i r smart bitch *nods*

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Nooner posted:

Today I had rasins for breakfast, picadillo cubano for lunch, and shrimp/greenbeans/green onion for dinner

im gassy af right now, just farting up a storm, wtf why what did I eat to do this to me?

Genesplicer, you're a scientist, can you explain this phenomenon?

:confused:

I'd be happy to explain. Everybody swallows a small amount of air while they eat. This gas comes out as burps. However, once the partially-digested food enters the intestines, bacteria begin working on it. This happens particularly in the large intestine. The bacteria produce many waste products, some of which take the form of gasses. There are several major gasses that form:

Carbon Dioxide (Lotsa volume)
Methane (The part that allows you to light your farts on fire)
Indole and Skatole (The fart and poop smells associated with farts)
Hydrogen Sulfide (The rotten eggs smell part of farts)

What you produce with each fart is a result of your particular bacterial population and what you feed them. The more you feed them, the greater the gas volume. Some foods, like beans, tend to provide lots of food for the bacteria. A varied diet will produce varied farts.

Fun Fart Facts:

-The average person farts between 14 and 19 times per day.
-The average person produces enough gas to fill an average party balloon
-The average person is not normally offended by the smell of their own farts, but will be offended by the exact same scent, if they think it was farted by another person.
-There have been many people over the years who had such complete intestinal control that they could play songs with their farts. In medieval Ireland, these people were known as braigetoír. In Feudal Japan, they were called heppiri otoko (Farting Men). The best known of these was probably Le Petomane, a French artist who performed to sold-out houses in the late 1800s to the early 1900s. Although he played various songs, he was also known for telling stories and providing the sound effects. He would also play an ocarina via a rubber tube inserted into his anus.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Honey Nut Cheerios. I'll rip farts for weeks after that but god drat I love it

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Only when the light comes on so I get to ask myself is there a gas station within 50 miles? And answer yeah, like hundreds.

Then I casually go get gas.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

genesplicer posted:

I'd be happy to explain. Everybody swallows a small amount of air while they eat. This gas comes out as burps. However, once the partially-digested food enters the intestines, bacteria begin working on it. This happens particularly in the large intestine. The bacteria produce many waste products, some of which take the form of gasses. There are several major gasses that form:

Carbon Dioxide (Lotsa volume)
Methane (The part that allows you to light your farts on fire)
Indole and Skatole (The fart and poop smells associated with farts)
Hydrogen Sulfide (The rotten eggs smell part of farts)

What you produce with each fart is a result of your particular bacterial population and what you feed them. The more you feed them, the greater the gas volume. Some foods, like beans, tend to provide lots of food for the bacteria. A varied diet will produce varied farts.

Fun Fart Facts:

-The average person farts between 14 and 19 times per day.
-The average person produces enough gas to fill an average party balloon
-The average person is not normally offended by the smell of their own farts, but will be offended by the exact same scent, if they think it was farted by another person.
-There have been many people over the years who had such complete intestinal control that they could play songs with their farts. In medieval Ireland, these people were known as braigetoír. In Feudal Japan, they were called heppiri otoko (Farting Men). The best known of these was probably Le Petomane, a French artist who performed to sold-out houses in the late 1800s to the early 1900s. Although he played various songs, he was also known for telling stories and providing the sound effects. He would also play an ocarina via a rubber tube inserted into his anus.

So if I put a balloon in my B hole I could have it mostly filled up by the end of the day!?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Chief McHeath posted:

So if I put a balloon in my B hole I could have it mostly filled up by the end of the day!?

Yes, you would. And your pants would look really funny for most of it.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Why does beer cause so many farts?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Why does beer cause so many farts?

Lotsa nutrients for the bacteria in your gut. Also, some of the Carbon dioxide that carbonates the beer may come out in the intestines, which means it's easier to go out the back door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I ate about a litre of cauliflower and potato soup earlier and ever since my anus has been stretched open goatse style by the sheer force of one continuous fart that at this point has lasted for hours.

• Locked thread