Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I built my own PC after 10 yrs as a console peasant and now there is no going back really.

4.0 i7
64 GB ram
1080 GTX

What are your bitchin PC specs? Do you water cool? SLI? Or are you like my past self and all "oh a PS4 and mac are all I need" because you just didn't know better and marinated in your goddamn ignorance like a pig in filth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
lol guys whats ur fave. linux distrobution too???

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Iron Prince posted:

lol guys whats ur fave. linux distrobution too???

gently caress off w this poo poo son the only reason to build a god tier beast is to crush the bones of top level video games and no way are you running them on that turd op sys.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
excuse me i have a date

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
i got a windows

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
$6000

that's what I have in my pocket instead of buying an expensive video game machine for manchildren

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

ArtIsResistance posted:

$6000

that's what I have in my pocket instead of buying an expensive video game machine for manchildren

Son I built my god machine for like 2k. 6k is what scrubs who buy prebuilt poo poo endorsed by FATAL1TY PEWDIePIE spend.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no woman will ever love you

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Orkin Mang posted:

excuse me i have a date

I don't have those anymore because I have a fiancee. She thought I was building a console thing and was impressed by my big black carbon steel... full tower case.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bloodysabbath posted:

I don't have those anymore because I have a fiancee. She thought I was building a console thing and was impressed by my big black carbon steel... full tower case.

but what would u do with it. play video games? eat poo poo?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Orkin Mang posted:

but what would u do with it. play video games? eat poo poo?

Yeah I play video games and have a MacBook for work poo poo.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Dude, what?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Irrational exuberance.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
12 MB RAM
500 MB harddrive
Built in spreadsheet capabilities
A modem that transmits at over 28,000 BPS

jealous?

yeah you are :smug:

cnut
May 3, 2016

Nice rig, op. I'm currently gathering parts for an upgrade myself. Going to change my 2007-8 C2D machine into a 2013-14 Haswell box. Sneaking up on current technology, LOL! (And saving $$$) I've got the RAM, CPU and motherboard so far. Saving up for one of those sweet 4TB HD and an SSD. I love computers :)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

poopnanners posted:

i got a windows

do you ever open it

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

cnut posted:

Nice rig, op. I'm currently gathering parts for an upgrade myself. Going to change my 2007-8 C2D machine into a 2013-14 Haswell box. Sneaking up on current technology, LOL! (And saving $$$) I've got the RAM, CPU and motherboard so far. Saving up for one of those sweet 4TB HD and an SSD. I love computers :)

Yr a good dude. I got a 512gb SSD system drive and a 1tb standard HDD. Would have gone bigger on both accounts but this is strictly a gaming machine. Besides there's like 6 expansion slots if I decide to boost it later.

PC life owns bones.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
haha yeah! reginald p linux!

yeah!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I post from my phone, or as I like to call it, my hand-computer. :downs:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Bananana posted:

I post from my phone, or as I like to call it, my hand-computer. :downs:

barely knew her

cnut
May 3, 2016

bloodysabbath posted:

Yr a good dude. I got a 512gb SSD system drive and a 1tb standard HDD. Would have gone bigger on both accounts but this is strictly a gaming machine. Besides there's like 6 expansion slots if I decide to boost it later.

PC life owns bones.

Can't wait to get my SSD. Man, how snappy will my puter be then! I won't have to wait 5 minutes while Doom loads, lol.

PC4Lyfe :respek:

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jeez you could probably install your games directly into your RAM with 64 GB. Think how much faster they would load then!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
my computer has a core i7 processor, but i only have 8GB of RAM and it has the build in graphical card that came with the motherboard.

it still runs Fallout 4 :shrug:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I'm gonna stick with my 970 for another year at least. My 8 gigs of ram might become a problem at some point, although they've been fine so far.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz OC
16GB Corsair DDR3 1866Mhz 9-9-9-24
EVGA GTX970 SC ACX2.0
ASUS Z97-A
Corsair HX850 PSU
Corsair 600T case
Corsair H100 cooler
2" micro penis
240GB OCZ SSD
2 * 1TB HDD
2 * 3TB HDD RAID1

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
2x xeon e5 1650v3
256gb ecc ddr4 ram
quadro m6000
512gb m.2 pcie ssd
2tb sata ssd
6tb hdd

-$10000 in the bank

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have two 16 inch biceps

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

computer

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

paul_soccer10 posted:

i have two 16 inch biceps

hot bitch

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
im posting from an abacus

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i just ordered a 1060, seems like it will be a good card for my reasonable expectations in image clarity for video games

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
i'm rockign a frito lay chip with your mommas gooch keep7ng my fingers warm

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

i run the linux on my peecee

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
This week's PIZZA CHALLENGE:
Big Pie in the Sky's Carnviore Challenge!

SPECS:
Two People, an 11 lb. Carnivore Pizza…
One hour to eat it all! $50 to try…$250 cash if you win!!!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

This week's PIZZA CHALLENGE:
Big Pie in the Sky's Carnviore Challenge!

SPECS:
Two People, an 11 lb. Carnivore Pizza…
One hour to eat it all! $50 to try…$250 cash if you win!!!

Stay safe Pizza Ghost

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I don't own a pc. I'm homeless and posting from the library.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

bloodysabbath posted:

I built my own PC after 10 yrs as a console peasant and now there is no going back really.

4.0 i7
64 GB ram
1080 GTX

I hope you have good AC, your basement's gonna get pretty hot running that bad boy at 4K

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
i have a 2500k / 8gb of ram and an 8970 3gb card and I was thinking about upgrading for BF1 but I don't know poo poo about how computers have evolved since i built this one a few years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

486 DX/2 66mhz with 8 megs of ram and a 420mb HDD.

• Locked thread