Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Whenever I eat bbq ribs I use a knife and fork. I don't like to get the sauce all over my hands and face. I never have to use the moist wipes at Chili's. I think this is a perfectly adequate way of eating ribs but I am constantly teased.

This is also why I prefer ice cream bowls to cones. I don't like it melting all over my hands. Sticky fingers; gross!

Does anyone else do this? You're nuts if you don't. We are civilized, why not use the simplest tools of civilization to not eat like mongrel animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Why do you need a fork and knife when you have a mouth and the capacity to lean over :confused:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol if you don't rub the ribs all over your face and shirt whenever you eat ribs.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the primal satisfaction of tearing the meat off the bone with your teeth is an essantial part of the rib eating experience

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress u op

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a hole-y ghost posted:

Why do you need a fork and knife when you have a mouth and the capacity to lean over :confused:

That's messy. I am not a beast eating from a trough.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The best part is after you eat ribs and get the sauce all over your hands, you need to get something out of your pocket.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
due to being disabled and mentally challenge i have to be hosed down in the parking lot after eating ribs

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Enfield posted:

due to being disabled and mentally challenge i have to be hosed down in the parking lot after eating ribs

I'm not, I use a knife and fork to eat my bbq baby back ribs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'm not, I use a knife and fork to eat my bbq baby back ribs.

jeez get primal yo. get messy in your own pathetic way unless you are wearing some nice poo poo but if its bbq rib time get yourself a drat smock or a raincoat or something and just hulk out on that poo poo like the primal carnivore you are instead of repressing that poo poo impotently like some sort of meek fuckboi or something ffs.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

The best part is after you eat ribs and get the sauce all over your hands, you need to get something out of your pocket.
drat I didn't think about this, now I have to figure out when my friends are towards the end of barbecue meals and call em

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

SneakyFrog posted:

jeez get primal yo. get messy in your own pathetic way unless you are wearing some nice poo poo but if its bbq rib time get yourself a drat smock or a raincoat or something and just hulk out on that poo poo like the primal carnivore you are instead of repressing that poo poo impotently like some sort of meek fuckboi or something ffs.

It's easier to use utensils then put on a raincoat to eat.

Just like a spoon and bowl for ice cream.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

hey op, matey here. i eat ribs with my hands but I also prefer my ice cream in a bowl. guess im kind of a weirdo

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

a hole-y ghost posted:

I'm inclined to agree with the ghost

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
FYI I don't have any arms and eat the ribs with my feet, using my toes to rip the meat off.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Matey posted:

hey op, matey here. i eat ribs with my hands but I also prefer my ice cream in a bowl. guess im kind of a weirdo

i miss your fatte doggething

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It's easier to use utensils then put on a raincoat to eat.

Just like a spoon and bowl for ice cream.

or dress for the occasion, like leather pants and a clear pvc jacket like the lady replicant wore in blade runner.

plan ahead.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I do this too for the exact same reason. I eat fries with a fork too. And pizza with knife and fork. I guess I just don't like hand food

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
If that's the way you like to eat, have at it. Me, any excuse to use moist towelettes.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

only animals and poors (but I repeat myself) eat with their hands

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I approve of ice cream bowls but for fucks sake order something else if you want to eat like a civilized human. Eating ribs is communing with our ancestors who had no more tools than spears and sharpened sticks

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

That's messy. I am not a beast eating from a trough.

the whole point of ribs is that you are a beast tearing the flesh from the bone with your hands and mouth

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
someone post that photo

you know the one

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Burgers are ok as finger food, the bun keeps your hands from touching the messy inside. Otherwise it's like putting poo poo on a steak and stuffing it into your maw getting slop everywhere.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

really mashing the "vote 1" button as hard as possible on this thread

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
sounds good dog!!! great tips! savinv this for the next meal im making part about the moist wipes was key thanks again

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

someone post that photo

you know the one

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chinatown posted:

someone post that photo

you know the one

k

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Heck I bet you've never been as happy as the rib kid

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

ChrisHansen posted:

Heck I bet you've never been happy

Ftfy

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sokrateez posted:

really mashing the "vote 1" button as hard as possible on this thread

Judgment and ridicule everytime I bring this up, so much hate.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ChrisHansen posted:

Heck I bet you've never been as happy as the rib kid

still that bullshit bbq sauce shows his sad sad expectations of happiness.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

SneakyFrog posted:

i miss your fatte doggething

me too, my frog friend

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Matey posted:

me too, my frog friend

:smithfrog::respek::smith:

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

You gotta rip and tear the flesh op you baby back bitch

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Fart Puzzle posted:

:vince:

Imagining that Chili's commercial but them saying bitch instead of ribs.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Fart Puzzle posted:

They give you a steak knife and fork so I can converse while I eat, not yammer through a mouth of bones

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

They give you a steak knife and fork so I can converse while I eat, not yammer through a mouth of bones
Meanwhile the other people eating properly are thinking "gently caress you" while you yammer on

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

smdh

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a hole-y ghost posted:

Meanwhile the other people eating properly are thinking "gently caress you" while you yammer on

This has never happened :fut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

:chloe:

• Locked thread