Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

genesplicer posted:

You took the risk, and this time it paid off. Congratulations.
shags is living on the mother freakin edge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
I have a vague memory of Hiernonymous Bosch as a kid. It turns out this was a real thing.

https://www.amazon.com/Pish-Posh-Said-Hieronymus-Bosch/dp/0152622101
"The fascination of Dutch artist Hieronymus Bosch (c. 1450-1516) with bizarre imaginary beings is the springboard for a chimerical vision--elegantly realized in this resplendent work. In Willard's playful poem, the artist's housekeeper is vexed to the utmost by such distractions as "a beehive in boots and a pear-headed priest / who call monkeys to order and lizards to feast," but ultimately ac- cepts that her lot--and, her expressions suggest, her affections--lies with Bosch and his menagerie, however maddening."

which is a nice way to talk about the visions of hell

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

genesplicer posted:

You took the risk, and this time it paid off. Congratulations.
thanks gene :cheerdoge:

im the walking beehive with the cute blue shoes. That frame is amazing by the way.

In keeping with the :shroom:weird art:shroom: theme we've got going, this is an original batik I got last year in Indonesia. The craftsmanship that goes into these things is very cool, got to see the little ladies dying and weaving all day for tourist schlubs like me but anyway. Like most traditional batiks this represents a character from the Kakawan Ramayana, I can't remember which it is though.

For anybody interested in looking at cool Indonesian stuff I'd recommend you listen to this while you do it, it's an accessible way to hear the gamalan which imo is the best instrument

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2016/08/18/mystery-of-hieronymus-bosch/

• Locked thread