Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I tweeted at Gail Simone when she was doing her monthly bitching about the Killing Joke and I think I broke her mind for that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I got to meet Nichelle Nichols just a month before she died. It was at Star Trek book signing and she looked old as poo poo. I tried to tell her about my fanfic and she smiled and said "it sounds very interesting" and I felt really proud and was about to tell her more but then one of the bookstore people told me to move along because I was holding up the line.
The next guy in line tried to tell her about his fanfic and she told him that his fanfic sounded "great" but I overheard his idea and actually it sounded like poo poo so I don't think Nichelle Nichols really "got" Star Trek.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I tweeted to Jaleel White that he should have been the voice of Sonic in Wreck it Ralph and he actually retweeted it!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Applewhite posted:

I tweeted to Jaleel White that he should have been the voice of Sonic in Wreck it Ralph and he actually retweeted it!

Did Sonic have a speaking role in Wreck it Ralph?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Did Sonic have a speaking role in Wreck it Ralph?

As the voice of the PSA, yeah.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I got a handy from Princess Diana in the bathtub where Jim Morrison died.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
applewhite, you are king of depressing anecdotes, bro

i mean, really, those are genuine frown factories

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Robot Pride posted:

they rule

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Robot Pride posted:

Dude... frown factory is the best thing ever. poo poo made me giggle.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I've seen the ghost of Keith Moon jacking off in three separate hotel chains.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah bill murray's the bad guy, cause he don't answer like "Hey hi!
You guys wants some autographs? Okay, form a straight line!"

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
I was in a gym class with Nelly one year. We did not, however, have the same country grammar teacher.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

where do you work that you're allowed to ban black people?

5ish years ago when I was a lower an on the totem pole I was a front office manager at a Beverly Hills hotel. Suge Knight is banned from most hotels here in LA. Dude is known to party hard and thrash hotel rooms. He's so notorious in the Hospitality industry here that people I've randomly worked with already know to not let him check in even if they haven't banned him already.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

one of bill murray's sons is a furry

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

My dad bought tickets to go to one of his charity golf tournaments. i don't like golf but my dad wanted me to go and i wanted to meet Bill Murray. i saw the Murray near one of the holes and asked him for an autograph. He told me to go away and called me a moron.

that's my Bill Murray story; I hope you liked it. Post you're own!

I still think about that guy that called me a bonehead for stepping on some flowers at 6 flags when I was 10; I would probably be a crazy homeless person if I had Bill Murray calling me a moron rattling around in my head.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Profondo Rosso posted:

i love bill murray but i always get the impression that he plays such a good rear end in a top hat because he is an rear end in a top hat
if bill murrays sense of humor hurts anyones feelings they deserve it

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
i once asked wolf blitzer if nancy grace was as unpleasant in real life as she was on tv

he said he didn't know her well enough

:sigh:

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

bill furray

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

That Robot posted:

i once asked wolf blitzer if nancy grace was as unpleasant in real life as she was on tv

he said he didn't know her well enough

:sigh:

this isn't a story

this isn't anything

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Friginator posted:

I've seen the ghost of Keith Moon jacking off in three separate hotel chains.

i once saw al gore deepthroat a remote control

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

this isn't a story

this isn't anything

i met him irl dude

that was our conversation

what more do you want, a handjob from bigfoot?

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

That Robot posted:

i met him irl dude

that was our conversation

what more do you want, a handjob from bigfoot?

One of my professors went to college with Wolf Blitzer and said he had a nickname in college that was too offensive to say in class. He wouldn't tell us and now he's dead. Ill never know what it was and honestly it kind of haunts me.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I met Batman once.

It was at Six-Flags, years ago. I told him I was a big fan of his work and he gave me a thumbs up.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I met the smooth face guy from Deep Space 9 at a wedding and told him I loved his work on Benson and he seemed genuinely grateful that I had never seen Star Trek

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it's weird how many Star Trek people hate Star Trek even though for 99% of them it's the role that took them from forgettable nobodies to "unknown to everyone except nerds"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Maurice LaMarche, a voice actor for cartoons, called me an rear end in a top hat over facebook.

lol wtf Maurice LaMarche is such a softy that I was able to get a hug from him just by asking

how the gently caress did you provoke him??

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Applewhite posted:

I got to meet Nichelle Nichols just a month before she died. It was at Star Trek book signing and she looked old as poo poo. I tried to tell her about my fanfic and she smiled and said "it sounds very interesting" and I felt really proud and was about to tell her more but then one of the bookstore people told me to move along because I was holding up the line.
The next guy in line tried to tell her about his fanfic and she told him that his fanfic sounded "great" but I overheard his idea and actually it sounded like poo poo so I don't think Nichelle Nichols really "got" Star Trek.

uhhhhhh as far as I can tell she's still alive :confused:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

captainoblivious posted:

One of my professors went to college with Wolf Blitzer and said he had a nickname in college that was too offensive to say in class. He wouldn't tell us and now he's dead. Ill never know what it was and honestly it kind of haunts me.

it was the n word

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Some director guy called Julian Schnabel called me a "typical ignorant american" when I told him I had never heard of any of his movies while we were in line next to each other for like 3 hours waiting to board a very delayed flight. He also got real mad that I didn't want to look at pictures of his fat rear end surfing in hawaii.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Applewhite posted:

Applewhite you jerk you scared me for a second. Nichelle Nichols is not dead!

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

HeldenSterbenNicht posted:

I recently moved to the town Groundhog Day was filmed in.
That is as close to Bill Murray as I will likely ever be.

Oh poo poo, that means a goon lives near me, that's loving terrifying

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I once met Sonic the Hedgehog at a convention and when I walked up to him I said "Hey Sonic!" and he said "Hey". At least I think he did, he was very muffled (I think because he is moving so fast it sounds weird to human ears in real life before they slow down his lines in post).

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I was in an airport once, waiting to get on the plane. I looked around and saw a dude wearing 80s style short gym shorts and a pink tank top. I looked up and it was Richard Simmons and he was looking back at me.

I made eye contact with Richard Simmons and we were on the same flight (although he was in business class). He wears his classic outfit when traveling, or at least he did that day.

That's my story.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Y-Hat posted:

dad murray, son furry

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ein cooler Typ posted:

it's weird how many Star Trek people hate Star Trek even though for 99% of them it's the role that took them from forgettable nobodies to "unknown to everyone except nerds"
it's just a symptom of being their big break and defining role that no one wants to talk about anything else probably. Sean Connery also hated bond and wanted nothing at all to do or talk about it ever again, same with ford and star wars.

also fans are often bad and creepy

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

"unknown to everyone except nerds" sounds like the kind of thing an evil genie would stick you with because your wish wasn't specific enough

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

treiz01 posted:

Applewhite you jerk you scared me for a second. Nichelle Nichols is not dead!

She's dead to me.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I once drove a go-kart straight into a wall in-front of Jeremy Clarkson and he laughed at me and said I was a terrible driver.

I'm still a terrible driver so I guess celebrities are smart and know things.

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I still think about that guy that called me a bonehead for stepping on some flowers at 6 flags when I was 10; I would probably be a crazy homeless person if I had Bill Murray calling me a moron rattling around in my head.

Christ on a bike.

When I was in preschool a kid named Ross called me a butthead and I've never forgotten it. He ended up in prison for driving the getaway car for some dudes who held up a janitor for pills. They shot and killed the guy for not giving them his meds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The very first time I got high I ran into the Olsen twins in a convenience store. They looked at me like they were worried i was a fan but I was really just high as gently caress and trying to process what looked like a weird bend in reality in which the loving Olsen twins would just show up in a convenience store.

I also had one of those awkward door moments with Mick Jagger trying to exit a clothing store but I just thought he was a weird melty plastic man until I turned the corner and saw that there was a rolling Stones show setting up a block away.

Oh and once I ran into Elvis Costello outside a sushi joint. I smoked a cigarette while he stood in the snow waiting for something.

And one time I was walking and for some reason there was a whole mess of twenty supermodels in lingerie out on the sidewalk.

Two of these stories are true. The other two are also true.

• Locked thread