Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i saw the most american man in the america in an east coast american suburban parking lot on my visit to the country of america

- balding, obese white male in his late 50s
- military industrial complex promotional cap don't remember whether it was the marines or the iar force or a generic bless are tropes hat
- oversized (even for someone as fat as him) stars and stripes w/ bald eagle t-shirt
- cargo shorts
- flipflops with white tennis socks
- a huge rear end off-road suv you probably don't need in the suburbs unless you work in a mountain shack
- inability to walk a couple of meters without catching his breath

e: oh he also had a pedo mustache and flip-up sun glasses almost forgot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

On a scale of commie to freedom how inspired were you? :911:

my jaw doubled in size and my hair turned into a buzzcut

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Thin Privilege posted:

Im Russian but the other day I realized I'm more American than Russian because I hate vodka and love McDonald's. But on the other hand I love potatoes. But on the other other hand fries are potatoes? I don't know. :911: :ussr:

the anti-gorbachev coup was defeated 25 years ago because people already felt the taste of delicious American Hambubger with Freedom Fries and a large Coke in their mouths and wouldn't want to give up the dream

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

There was a thing on NPR a while back about McDonaldsin Russia and like how people were confused by them at first because I guess in Russia everyone who works in restaurants are assholes to the customers but McDonalds is American and they made sure that their employees all like smiled and told people to have a nice da and things so it was really weird

Russian customer service is even more sourfaced than Finnish customer service (it's cool because you as a customer don't have to pretend you're having a great day either and can just mumble through the transaction). My Russian textbook presented the situations "Waitresses Just Passing by Your Table When You're Trying to Place an Order" and "Meal Taking Hours to Arrive" as business as usual in a Russian restaurant.

• Locked thread