Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I've used each of these numerous times before, I don't see any reason to change that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Get items online to transfer to your game like revives and rare candies and vitamins

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I think you use Gamestop wi-fi and get it with mystery gift or something ??

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Oh yeah that makes more sense, that's how I got Diancie.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
My first shiny was

My second shiny was

After that the shinies I got were

Complete the sentences and post this for the next couple pages until the next topic is brought up.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Magmar Koffing and Muk are cool shinies gj

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Shiny Croagunk is a beautiful blue boy I won't hear a bad word against him.

My shiny Toxicroak agrees

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

the worst Pseudo-Legendary Design easily

your entire point just fell through like a Team Rocket pitfall beneath your feet with this statement alone

I will always defend Tyranitar so long as the rear end-cancer shitshow called Salamence exists

Literal play-doh coffee table with wings, absolute trash. Liquid poo poo brown mist on a piece of paper could result in a better design.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Sluggoo

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
drat I think I actually remember that comic

Wasn't the art of Nuzleaf drawn like Locke from Lost

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Flareon is a disappointment

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Dexie posted:

Yeah but gently caress Bronzong. Bane of my existence during Gen IV.

Bronzong got hosed hard by Serene Grace Togekiss and I never failed to troll the gently caress out of anyone using one

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

cheetah7071 posted:

Is it, really?

Yes fucker

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Qwilfish is the best one actually

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

mandatory lesbian posted:

youtube recommended this to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhhuAm2rSGE

i think it's cause it wants me to kill myself

I heard the anime music and I thought drat cool but then I realized what I was watching

anyway, if you want to go through with it this should help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2e7bX2oVlQ

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Got the second code, good looking out

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Bartie posted:

With 700+ it's bound to have tiers and many pokemon are unevolved versions and so on, but it's not like there isn't room for improvement. League of Legends has over a hundred characters and manage just fine. I'm just saying that it's really boring watching Groudon vs Kyogre ad nauseum. :v:

League of Legends is garbage so your opinion is invalidated gg no re

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
yes

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
also it was worlds

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
On the other hand, the Pokemon are good and there's plenty to choose from, the only thing is having access to them early on.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Manatee Cannon posted:

cool gen 2 pokemon (not including the starters or things that evolve from/to gen 1 pokemon) for your consideration:

mareep
houndour
chinchou
phanpy
larvitar
sneasel
wooper
misdreavus
murkrow
heracross

Adding:

Qwilfish
Teddiursa
Skarmory
Swinub
Pineco

of the above I've used 4 competitively, also they look cool.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

AlphaKretin posted:

Yeah there are enough to do it, but is it practical or fun, especially early game?

It's always fun to use new Pokemon you downer

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Gen 5 got it so loving right, I don't remember another time when I was that excited by all the options available to me, and even better all the Pokemon were really loving strong and they looked cool as hell.

Being able to pick up Scraggy, Darumaka, Sandile, Yamask, Timburr, Venipede etc. all within like two towns of each other was really cool

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Here's a list of the good POkemon from gen 2

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_index_number_%28Generation_II%29

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
A pure ???-type are you serious? that would've broken the meta-game in half back in the day, some bans don't need to be justified

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Zuzie posted:

It would be really nice if there was an area like Village Bridge in Black and White where there are a bunch of NPCs who you can talk to and they add to the background music.

Other kinds of callbacks would be nice as well.

This will never happen btw

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Super No Vacancy posted:

dunsparce is stupid

Stop

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
smh if you didn't get a Simisage and name it Etemon

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Fellblade posted:

Breeding Pokemon for perfect IVs is really satisfying when you finally get the perfect one. Any wins with that Pokemon/Team come from my hard work which is a bonus on top of winning.

Being reminded that something I enjoy is a complete waste of time isn't a good feeling and I might as well not even play the game.

That's loving retarded if your ability to enjoy something hinges on such a fragile presupposition.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
That's a stupid analogy. Aimbotting and wallhacking are deliberately making the game do something it's not supposed to so you achieve things not originally intended. The game turns in their favor as they alter the gameplay to work in their advantage.

If someone generates a competitive Pokemon all they did was take a shortcut to end up at the same finish line you did. They have no advantage over you other than they didn't spend hours doing it.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Generating pokemans still doesn't seem like cheating to me because you gain no real advantage over your opponent except time spent.

It's literally like using a megamule in Dark Souls. The people who do it are skipping ahead to the pvp portion of the game and bypassing hours of grinding and progression. Everyone will be using optimal builds with Titanite Slab weapons anyway, no reason to spend 20+ hours getting there when you've done it before.

Maybe if you generate an OU team and take it to your little brother's school and beat up kids with it it can be called cheating.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I don't have any horse in this race, but honestly considering how often teams end up being tweaked during the seasons; the ability to quickly generate a new team and continue the iteration process does seem that it would give some sort of advantage. I mean I would imagine teams are pretty much locked in a few days before an event, but any sudden last minute changes to the meta would apply more pressure to a legit breeder than a hacker.

Ehh.

That's more to do with VGC being loving retarded though, but I see your point.

Zoness posted:

I have way more fun routing dark souls characters for whichever endgame goal and then pvping with whatever I end up getting than pvping with fully optimized builds but v:shobon:v.

I mean, I just don't think dark souls is a great example because the journey is actually fun with regards to dark souls. Getting a dex faith build through the parts of the game where the build is relatively weak up until sunlight blade and wotg are available is a pretty fun challenge for that future payoff.

This is more fun for me if I end up doing forest hunting or invading/gank spanking, but if you're into fight clubs at all you wanna min/max imo.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Brother Entropy posted:

uhh how's that?

It's brought up often enough, those team comps that are almost always Groudon/Xerneas/etc.

Who has competition viable cover legendaries usually? People who generate them, I mean yeah you get 3 max IVs normally but if it's a tweak like mentioned before idk if people are gonne be SRing every time they need to change something.

Basically box legendaries are trash and only children use them.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Zoness posted:

I thought the bell tower in ds2 was the best pvp I've had in a souls game honestly, because it made the pvp experience overall less homogeneous.

Plus it could give you titanite slabs.

So what I'm saying is, make random mons / rental mons an official vgc (or at least battle spot) format :getin:

Rentals are good and fun, same reason why randoms on Showdown are good and why Challenge Cup on PO was good.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
THe best part of the z-moves are the trainers doing it in unison

The ghost one is great

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Countblanc posted:

it's not really "in unison" because the pokemon doesn't do poo poo. seriously look at the fighting one, lucario just stands there like it was the civilian pose in tf2, it looks like poo poo.

this is what I do

But the trainers are literally stands and their attacks are manifested as giant nuke explosions and tsunami whirlpools and ghost hands dragging the enemy to hell etc.

Don't take the fun out of this

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Internet Kraken posted:

This song is fused into my brain more than any other Pokemon song just because of how much I heard it biking back and forth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YygRV5AwEGg

Also am I the only one who thinks hidden power is a dumb move?

You're telling me you didn't bike around in a circle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x60KfmRIpbc

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
smh if your favorite isn't Suck and Sucky

but I am considering Dragking

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Does Red count as like an unofficial champion? When I first found him and realized who I was battling my little kid self flipped poo poo.Plus it seemed like the champion theme was made for him more than it was for Lance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
It's a shame shiny Breloom is so ugly