Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 1/5

"Aaaaaah I'm so sorry I panicked please don't blow us all up! You can't just take photos of stuff like that! >_< Think of my reputation!" I begin to explain hastily, just as a giant rock hits Man-Ant. Well, uh, time to flee?

Picking up En-Garde to get her outside of the bomb radius, I land the both of us next to Megumi and Feral.

"You called? What do you need me to do?"

Defend En-Garde: 2d6+2 7 Clearing Guilty right away. :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0

Megumi's genius saves the day, just like I knew it would! I'm about to give her a regal smile, opening my mouth to add in a rare, but well deserved compliment, but her attitude of chilly distance is disconcerting, and unpleasant. What does she think she's doing, treating me like that, after I graced her with such a passionate kiss mere moments before?! This attitude really cannot be borne. Frowning slightly, I nod my head once. "No. We appear to be done here, I'll see you back at the base later." Aurora is coming, which gives me just the excuse reason I need to leave, so instead of looking at or saying anything more to her, I turn away from her sharply, face a mask of cool indifference. As I do though, I give my head a slight shake, causing my hair to flash and ripple in the sunlight as it cascades back down my shoulders and back. Walking away, my tail reaches up to give it an extra flick, somewhat replicating a human gesture I've seen in movies done with the hand.

[01:25:01] <GhostFish> provoke Megumi (again)
[01:25:04] <Rauri> also you have high superior I imagine so prolly ideal
[01:25:04] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+3
[01:25:07] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 7+3 = 10
[01:25:11] <Rauri> yuuuup
Megumi: be distracted from your (legitimate) grievances by Supernova's overwhelming Alien Beauty! Add one team if you are, mark a condition if you aren't!

Approaching Aurora, I give her the gracious smile I had been preparing for Megumi. "Aurora, Megumi saved their lives, but they need treatment. Kindly fly these people to the nearest hospital - use your wings to carry them, touching might still be dangerous." That part taken care of, I pull out the communicator again. "Getterman Pink, is everything taken care of on your end?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1| Mundane: +2
Potential: 4/5

Well that escalated quickly. I barely had time to react before she grabbed me and hauled me away. Still there was something off about that guy. Like he was almost hypnotised into agreeing with what she said. I mean it could just be that she's really cute and popular and all the guys do what she wants anyway. I'm not jealous much But still it is kind of odd. I waited until we landed and thought about what I was going to say to her. Before Feral came up and ruined the moment. Still she was right. My personal feelings could wait while we still had a problem to deal with. I'd just have to remember to talk with Aurora about it later. Or maybe it would be better to forget the whole thing happened. Especially since there was no evidence of it. Yeah that might be the best thing to do and it was just an accident. Yeah that.

"So is there anything I can do to help." I asked brusquely as I surveyed the scene. It was a mess. People with varying states of injuries laying everywhere. I wasn't much use there. I can barely put a bandage on straight. But there must some way for my help. Some way to make up for my screw ups earlier.

[09:43] Terrorsol assessing the situation
[09:43] Terrorsol !r 2d6+2
[09:43] Krysmbot Terrorsol, 6+2 = 8
What here is in the greatest danger?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +1

Supernova returns my gaze coolly, dismissing me for the moment - and then she turns around and walks away, shimmering and tail-flicking as she go. For a second, it distracts me from my emotions - a pang of... something - but there's just something about her actions that are infuriating! And as Supernova approaches Aurora and treats her to a kind smile - hey, I was the one who just saved those people! - I can feel anger bubbling up inside me.

Marking Angry!

Supernova - she's some hotshot princess from outer space, sure, but she's got a lot to learn about Earth. And I'm a person to be respected around here. They don't know my secrets, but I'm an heir to one of the most powerful families on the planet - and the things that I can do... they'd ruin her. I've ruined people before. I've ruined families. I've ruined whole countries! And she'll be just another statistic when I'm done with her. She'll never show her face on this planet again!

I take an angry step towards her - then pause. Something... stops me. Something deep inside. And I realize that here I am... fist tight and teeth clenched in anger... I've been here before. This is... the person I didn't want to be anymore. I.... I...... how did I even get here? To be like this? I... I just wanted to help people. To stop my parents from doing... what I was just about to do! This is all wrong - I haven't changed one bit. I relax my hand and mouth, as I can feel the anger within me replaced with despair.

Sure, I saved the day by taking care of the nanobots, by performing first aid on the spot, in any number of other ways - but I could just have easily failed, or done the wrong thing, or lost control and hurt people. I'm nowhere near the hero that I want to be, not even close. And... the others... if they find out about me, if Feral finds out what I did... they'll never forgive me. And I'll lose any chance I ever had of getting out of that life. I allow myself to turn slowly and walk calmly back to Batter's scooter - he's got to be around here somewhere. All I want to do is be alone and think this over. Without a second thought, I hotwire the vehicle and scoot on back to base.

Megumi, out!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak: -1 | Danger: 0 +3 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +3 0
Conditions: | Potential: 2/5 | Location: Regretting Decisions that were made.

She sighs and runs off away from the two after getting herself fullsized, she tries to stop the ants from drowning themselves in the water - while they were soulless, mindless creatures. It still wasn't right. However her hackjob in the drone made it impossible to really dig into the machine. Pink calls out on her communicator "Can anyone help me to stop these ants from killing themselves in the water?" she asks over the comms. She remembered in her world - rather - her old world...ants had minds of their own and would listen when you punched one of them and they knew you meant business. Thinking about her old world reminds her of Getterman and she sighs and grits her teeth. She needed to do something. She forcably grabs the drone and running at full speed back to supernova. She smiles sweetly and picks up the shrinkwave and waves "Gonna borrow it, thanks!" and with that she was gone quick as a blink. She rushes over to the ants as the drone she was carrying still was releasing the pheromone trail.

She takes careful aim this time and fires the shrink ray at the ants, hoping the shrink ray will get the ants to shrink and maybe go back to being ants. She crushes the drone to stop it's spraying of pheromones for the ants to follow, hoping that they will work on their own for now on.

quote:

Spoopybagels Directly engaging
Spoopybagels .roll 2d6+3
Platonibot Spoopybagels: 11 (2d6+3=5, 3)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Freak: +2 | Danger: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 2/5

Haha, what the hell is G-Pink doing? She was on to a good thing there with the drowning. I respond to her comms call (someone has to use these things or we'll lose them):

"Pink, they're just ants, who cares? If...aww, forget it. Do whatever"

It's too late, she's already doing something stupid with the shrinkray. Hopefully there won't be any collateral damage this time. And Megumi has stormed off in a huff as Aurora lands. Finally, someone who can pay attention for half a second!

"OK, listen carefully - These two guys have been exposed to a nerve agent, they need specific medical attention and you probably shouldn't touch them in case the stuff is still on their skin. AI have a research hospital downtown by the university, yeah? Get them there quick as you can!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Cripes! Don't worry though, I got you covered!" Aurora replies, picking up the scientists with her thunderbird-form wings and darting off into the distance.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0

Good, Megumi is gone. I'm not sorry to see her go, if thats how she wants to treat me! Nope, not one bit, no regret or anything here! "Fly fast Aurora!" I call after her as she zooms off with the sick people, and turn my attention to Getterman Pink, who for some reason is pulling the ants out of the water and shrinking them down. They're just bugs... Whatever. "Alright Getterman Pink, En Garde, Feral, talk to the media as much as you'd like, I'll be recovering my Solar Sailboard." Before I fly off though, I move over to Feral. "Would you like to come with me? I'm going to pickup some ice cream before I head back to the base." And some company would be nice. But I'm not saying that bit.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Hmm...stick around for the clean-up and get yelled at by reporters, or go get ice cream with my favorite alien? Yeah, I'm going to have to think about tha-

"Ice cream sounds awesome, yeah. Just wait one second."

I run over to the reporter, Batter, and give him a cheesy grin and the terrible speech I've been stuck on for what seems like weeks:

"And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you get ants. Unsafe experimentation and super-villainy. Anyway, those ants were probably radioactive so have a shower and burn your clothes. See ya!"

I run back to Supernova and sit side-saddle on the Solar Sailor.

"Alright boss, let's get out of here."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
EVERYONE

Getterman Pink saves the ants! Shrinking them back to their natural size, and releasing them back into the wild! Aw, a happy ending!

Meanwhile, Feral flings a lump of concrete. The rock flies through the air, smacks The Man-Ant on the back of his head, and he's down! Boom! The grenade rolls to the floor from his hand. It goes *pop* as a small swarm of ants rush out! They run in angry little circles, swarming an area of about 3 feet square!

It's very unimpressive.

Even so Aurora Angel grabs En Garde and flies back to the main group! You did it! The day is saved! All the bad guys are down! (okay, one of them was down in the lab flooding with nerve toxins... he had a mask on. He's probably fine!)

Megumi leaves in a huff. Some feud with Supernova? Hmm, well that's bad. Hopefully nothing comes of that.

You can already hear the clamouring of the media as they rush to the scene! Oh good grief, it's a veritable tilde wave of journalists. Some one is going to need to face that.... an Aurora Angel just left. Yay?

And then Supernova and Feral split too!

Oh, that leaves En Garde and Getterman to face the media!

Eek.

What do you do?

Megumi

You arrive back at base, it's not looking good. Supernova.... she's such a....! Such a....! Oh, you know. You're probably still angry and hurt. But you don't get long to yourself. A knock knock knocking comes upon your door!

What do you do?

Aurora Angel

You've got to do some pretty fancy flying to keep the two unconscious scientists on your wings and get them to the hospital. And right now, there are a few buildings and bridges and all manner of roads along the way! As you go, you spot some kind of event going on below! Looks to be some kind of costume convention! Hmmmm. Do you have the time to visit it before you return to base? Surely it wouldn't hurt? After all, imagine all the attention you could get! Well anyway, gotta get these two to a hospital first. Do you fly to the ER? Do you fly into the reception area and offload the two of them?

What do you do?

Supernova & Feral

There was a bit of a queue at the ice cream place. It's not surprising, they're an incredibly popular location. They have no ice cream stored there. They make it right there in front of you! You pick the flavours and they bring it to life in front of you! Do you wait patiently? Or do you push your way to the front?

What do you do?

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 18, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1

We have to take a slight detour on the way to the ice cream, so holding Feral firmly around the waist, I fly us over to the damaged skyscrape to pick up my Sailboard. As I make my way through the broken window, and the one smashed desk the board lodged itself into, I'm the soul of graciousness, even going so far as to apologize to the people there, and leave behind a Itarian Device that'd replicate any object they put it against, so they could fix the damage. Being incredibly smart, as befits a princess, I made sure the device only had enough energy to replicate ONE object, and then it'd implode. Humans probably weren't ready for that kind of technology.

Ride re-obtained, I sit down next to Feral and fly us off to the ice cream stand. There are a lot of people there, now that you mention it, but that isn't really a concern. I'd never be so gauche as to push my way through a crowd, please. Instead, I do as is my right, and floating up to the head of the line with Feral, and step gracefully off the board in front of the stand. Lines are for humans, and maybe other low class races. Not for someone of my position. "I'll take a ... double scoop of fudgy chocolate smash, one scoop of scream of the crop, one scoop of murder-by-chocolate, and one scoop of Princess Peach, in a waffle cone. What do you want Feral?"

Alien ways: Superior up, Mundane down.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

---

The Alien threat is real and immediate. While we may be pulling the wool over our eyes, the threat is undoubtedly gathering intelligence and drafting plans for seizing power from regional institutions and national governments. The enclosed proposal is a three part plan that would minimize this threat and ensure a safe future for humanity going forward. First, establish a new citizenship level with many restrictions limiting civil rights. Second, establish "freedom zones" where non-terrestrial persons are forbidden. And third...

Third...

Argh!

---

I push away my laptop and collapse into my arms. So much for bright idea number one. And it really wasn't a bright idea in the first place. But I want to do... something! I'm feeling angry and hurt and frustrated and lonely and betrayed and furious. And it's all Supernova's fault! At least, I think it is.

Ugh! How did it even get this far? This morning, I was just a normal villain-turned-hero with five masters degrees. And then my brother comes crashing in and we defeat a bunch of giant ants and a nanoswarm and shrink ray shenanigans and all of the sudden she's kissing me! And then brushes me off like trash. Even after I saved those scientists' lives like she asked. And here comes the tears again.

I wipe them off with the back of my hand and sniffle a bit, at a complete loss at what to do. Nobody else had even returned yet, they're probably all it celebrating and planning on how to kick me off the team. I lean back in my chair, staring at the ceiling and counting tiles while running Stokes' Theorem equations in my head.

A rap in my door interrupts my thoughts and drags me back to reality. Probably one of my team telling me that I need to move out. I trundle over to the door and throw it open, growling out at whoever it is, "What?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I drop off the scientists at the ER.

"They're affected by some sort of nerve toxin!" I explain to the doctors before flying off off again.

Hmm, what was that costume thing about? It looked pretty cool.

Dropping down close to it, I walk the rest of the way.

"Hi! What's all this about? This looks cool."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Unmarking Angry because I hurt someone in the last scene, if that's ok?

Haha, yes! Icecream! Also a sort-of hug! Cutting the line is cool as far as I care, this is saving the day rewards. Now what kind of ice cream do I want?

"Blueberry, double cone, thanks."

What? Wha- OH! Oh that was kind of awkward. Well, whatever. I look at Supernova to see if she caught my Freudian slip:

Pierce the Mask: 2d6-2 9

What do you want Feral to do, Supernova?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak: -1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +3
Conditions: | Potential: 2/5 | Location: Would you like whipped cream with your soy latte?

Getterman Pink sighs - everyone else seems to be leaving her behind like usual. She takes out her hoverboard and floats down the street to her small little apartment. The day was saved, hurrah, and she didn't have to let the ants die to do it.

"U-Ummm Hi...I'm G-Getterman Pink" she says to the random news anchor "I...I'm really glad to be here!" she bows "It was a tough battle today and I hope that all of my team can help protect the city even further" She bows and sees the time "I apologize for cutting this short, but I really must run, the fun never ends when you are Getterman Pink!"

With that she jumps on her hoverboard and flies away, quickly getting back to her apartment, and turns on the light. The light glows faintly from the small little lightbulb on her one lamp. She makes herself a bowl of salad and sits down writting to Getterman, telling him about her recent move to this new world via a rift like him, her time with Aurora Angel and her new group and how she stopped a bunch of ants from destroying the city.

After writing the letter and finishing her dinner she quickly got dressed and headed off to work, to work as the Barista at the coffee shop, where she was just ditzy, normal old Amy.

"Welcome to Jammin' Java, my name is Amy how can I help you?" She asks with a bright smile, hiding her bruises under her long shirt.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 27, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential: 4/5

Oh great everyone takes off leaving me to deal with the worst enemy a hero can face. The press. You're not allowed to arrest them you're not allowed to hit them and they think they have the right to tell you what to do. I may be kinda popular with them at the moment but that could all change in an instant. No pressure Junko. You're only representing the entire team with no media training or anything.

"Umm I'm afraid we can't comment on an ongoing incident. But the problem has been resolved and the incident has been dealt with satisfactorily. We'll make a full statement later on. And just for the record it's En Garde. E-N G-A-R-D-E it's French. Spell it right. I swear you idiots can't even spell my name right." Oh crap. Did I just say that out loud? Way to freaking go. I wish the ground would just open up right now and swallow me whole.

00:44] Terrorsol piercing the media's mask
[00:44] Terrorsol !r 2d6
[00:44] Krysmbot Terrorsol, 5 = 5
[00:44] Terrorsol rip

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Supernova & Feral - Cold as Ice

You push your way to the front and start to order your ice cream. Displaying all the arrogance required of your elevated station. You can hear angry muttering behind you. Clearly the queue is not impressed with you pushing in. Nether are the staff behind the counter.

"S-Sorry, you'll need to got to the back of the line." The squeaky voiced teen at the till says, nervously. Clearly unsure if you're a good guy or a bad one. After all it's not every day a silver alien walks into this place.

Before you can even thing to reprimand him, another voice comes from behind you. You're almost hip bumped out of the way of this white haired Girl on a mobile phone.

"Uh huh, yeah?..... Okay, uh huh....... Right...... So, that's going to be two tubs? Are you sure you can eat that much? Or..... oh, wait..... No! NO! Ahahaha! Who's the lucky girl? It's that angel girl isn't it!.... What?..... I know you too well. It's always the one you don't talk about........ You wanna huggg her! You wanna kisssss her!..... aww, not a fan? I do take requests you know!....... Ahahahah, oh you are too easy. Give me a sec-"

She takes the phone away from her ear and glances Supernova up and down. Then speaks to you in perfectly accented Itarianian

- - "Oh, well lookie here! A Itarianian who doesn't understand how queues work. Here's a tip sweetie, you go to the back of that long line of people who got here first. And you wait your turn to be served." - -

"That goes for you too, fangs." she says to Feral in English with a wink.

She leans over the counter "Hey, Joe. Double tub, We'll go with something minty, and something with bananas, oh, what's the special we're doing again?"

"Uhh, 'Rainbow Dreams' I think." The man called joe replies without looking up.

"Ohh, yeah, some of that too." The girl nods with a grin.

This girl just spoke your mother tongue flawlessly. What's more she told you to get to the back of the line. Then did the thing that she told you off for. But no one in the queue or behind the counter seems to mind.

Who do you think this girl is? How do you feel about being told off? What do you do?

- - -

Megumi - There's somebody at the door.

You open the door to a tall man in a trench coat and hat. Looks like someone who stepped out of a noir novel.

"Apologises for interrupting your private moment of angry tears." He says, and produces a box of tissues from out under his coat. Putting them in your hands and walking past you into the base. "But I thought after today, you could do with a bit of a mood booster. I must admit, despite the difficulties you faced today, you did very well, Megumi. You saved lives today, more lives then you know. The scientists will make a full recovery."

He starts giving a critical eye over the cramp and run down conditions of the base. "Ohhh, no no no, this won't do. Not fit for prisoners. Let alone heroes! Don't tell me your team is living here? God, how awful..." He shakes his head sadly.

"Thankfully, I have a solution. We at the A.I. have been very impressed by you Megumi." He holds up his identity badge, the title reads 'Art'. "You've done some wonderful work with these conditions. And I know I, along with a number of my fellows, are curious to see what you can do with some actual resources. It might not be what you're used to. But it's still a significant improvement on your current accommodation."

Art pulls out a set of keys, and a document with the address details. It's in quite an upmarket part of town. You've seen the address before. Your family once considered tried to buy it but someone else snapped it up before they could move on it. Was it now owned by the Alliance Initiative? Regardless. There's a lit of facilities under the address. Lab, sleeping rooms, full kitchen, garage, a pool, a tv room, a holographic training room. There was even the official A.I. stamp of approval on their letter headed paper.

"If you like you can go and get a sneak peak on it ahead of time. Your Team mates will be provided the message in turn. But I thought it would be a nice reward if you get to be the one who delivers the news. After all, it's because of your actions that this reward is being approved." He tosses one of the keys your way.

"Oh, yes, there was one more thing. Your Leader has been making noise about an approaching alien threat. Something about Extra-terrestrial parasitic worms. What do you know about it?" He asks, his curiosity sounds pretty genuine. Like he holds your opinion in high regard.

What do you know about this new address? What's the one facility on the list that really gets you excited? How do you feel that the A.I. are giving this to you because of YOUR heroic actions? What do you say to Art?

- - -

En Garde - Media mismanagement

You've seen the way that a hungry animal looks before they attack. Somehow, it was reflected in the faces of the reporters that watch you like a hawk as you babble. But shockingly, rather then shower you with questions, they... ignore you. They actually push past you to try and chase Getterman Pink....

Oh...

[Mark Insecure]

You feel a strong hand on your shoulder. A comforting squeeze.

"Oh, that has got to sting. Ah, well. Don't worry about it. The press in this town are not the kinds of people you actually want to pay attention to you." The voice is light, cheerful. You Turn around to find a bouncy pink haired girl... with a sword.

Holy poo poo.

This is Cuttie! She's an A.I. Elite! A top tier sword fighter, she can cut bullets of of the air she's so fast! What's she doing here?! Last anyone heard she was somewhere in Europe!

"Heard there was a Supe with a Sword. Wanted to come and see you for myself. Word is you're pretty good. Digging the school girl outfit too. It's cute." She giggles standing in a relaxed manner. Appraising you.

There's one of the A.I's best standing here checking you out. Is she checking you out? What do you even say to her? What do you even know about her? What do you do?!

- - -

Aurora Angel - Fun and Games!

You're handed a flyer at the door. 'Come one! Come all!' it proclaims. 'amazing costumes and merchandise!' 'All your favourite shows! Meet your favourite stars!'

Looks like some kinda convention for all kinds of things. Not just supers. That said there are a few people walking around in their own versions of various well known heroes. Even a few of your family members. But not a single one dressed as you! Oh wow, that's super rude! You really need to push your own profile! But how? How can you get your image out there more? After all, you probably missed your chance to talk to the press after the mission was done. Hopefully whoever spoke in your place was smart enough to make the team sound good.

There's a massive stage, with cameras and big screens... People seem to be gathering there, some kind of event? A talent show? Oh, a non-powers talent show...

Do you have any talents (beyond your powers) that you could use for a talent show? How can you draw attention to yourself here to push your own media profile? Who here puts you on edge and makes you think there's something else going on? What do you do?

- - -

Getterman Pink - A meeting of Minds

"Oh, thank you very much, Amy." The beautiful woman says, an easy smile on her face.

"What do you want, Lex?" She asks her companion. Who watches you closely for a few seconds.

"Double caramel Latte." This Lex says at length. Her accent is clipped, but exotically travelled.

"And I'll have a simple black. Thanks." The blond says.

There is something... something about these two that just makes you think they're involved in interesting business. Call it your hero senses, or intuition, or whatever. You strain to hear their conversation.

"Strange to see you here of all places. Thought you were away on business." The blond says, an eyebrow raised.

"Ha, like I can say. Besides you'll only whisper it to someone else." Lex waves her off.

"Ouch, hardly my fault. I have a very gossip hungry circle of friends." The blond shrugs. "Now, what are we supposed to talk about?"

"There's always the shade council..." Lex says, narrowing her eyes.

The blond tenses for a moment. Then relaxes. Laughing to herself. "All business, no pleasure, huh?"

Tell me about the coffee shop? What's it best known for? Have you ever heard of the 'shade council' before? Are you going to try to listen into more of the conversation? What do you do?

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 27, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I narrow my eyes at the man - Art - and gently place his tissue box on a nearby table. His offer seems to good to be true - a new base with all these facilities... all for one mission? I roll the keyring between my fingers as I ponder the offer. The Birmingham Property. Full suite of living arrangements, exercise areas, and most importantly, a massive laboratory and experiment rooms. I could spend weeks down there just researching things - but still, there's something.... off... about the offer. Quid pro quo?

And... why me? What did I do to earn this? Save some scientists? No - there's definitely something more here. They want leverage over me, or something worse. Maybe over another teammate. And the question about aliens only points to Supernova. She might even be in danger. I'll have to dig for more.

I rap my fingers on the table as I eye the man. "Birmingham, huh? You know, the Sakamoto group was going to use that property for some serious research, right? And now you're just handing it to a former employee?" The man, unfortunately doesn't give off any clues. I move on, "Well... as far as the little green men go, I don't know anything more than what's in the official reports. You know - secret invasion, corrupted beings. They're trying to take over the world - who isn't?"

Still, there's something unsatisfying in my response. I struggle to come up with what to say next. Something that could throw "Art" off. I look at the man for a second, then start walking past him. "Sure you don't want to know anything else?"

18:43 Ferg megumi pierce artmask
18:43 Ferg .roll 2d6-1
18:43 Platonibot Ferg: 8 (2d6-1=6, 3)
What are you really planning?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Wait, what goes for me? I didn't understand any of that? I get that the normies are annoyed about us cutting in, but who the hell is this? Should I be punching this girl or what? I just want some drat ice-cream.

Assess the Situation: 2d6+1 9

What here is the biggest threat? ('you are, you idiot' is a fair answer)

While I'm working out whether or not to break Whitey's legs I turn to the guy behind the counter and give him a big toothy smile. (I guess they are kind of fangy? Whatever.)

"Look pal, we're on call and don't have time to wait in line. We just got done fighting giant ants and we could really use some ice-cream before our evil twins show up or an evil wizard turns the mayor inside out or something. Do us a favor, yeah?"

Provoke Someone (Impressing Supernova): 2d6+2 13

yeah! gimme the ice-cream, peon!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Buuuh?" I snap my mouth closed tight when I realize the sound I just made. What on Itari just happened here?! First, FIRST, how dare these people be offended that I get first service? I'm a princess! And of course my retainer gets to come along, having to wait for her to go through the line would be ridiculous! And second, or maybe third, how can this incredibly RUDE woman speak my language? Third! Or Fourth, that was no way to speak to me! The effrontery of it all, if she's somehow able to speak my language, I'd have expected a far more civilized behavior... unless...

My eyes widen at the thought, no, she can't be?! The only kind of person here could who can speak my language, aside from me, are aliens! The non-human kind of alien. So she's either an alien pretending to be a human or a human... with a Dramara inside her! Feral seems to be explaining the situation to the bearers of ice cream (good for her! she's excellent), which I would have thought would be obvious, but apparently some humans are quite thick, so I leave her to it, moving a few feet away and remotely access my ships motherboard. Since this white haired woman can understand my language, I'd rather not have her overhear. Whispering into the communicator, I instruct the ship to perform a tight focus beam to scan the life forms in the exact vicinity of my person. It's not a process I can do just everywhere, or finding the Dramara would be easy, but just where I am in such a small range is all I need.

If everything is alright, the result should return one Itarian and ... something like 30 alien lifeforms of the human variety, nothing else, and I'll be free to confront that rude woman. Otherwise...

[23:46:57] <GhostFish> unleash powers of ship lifeform sensors!
[23:47:00] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+2
[23:47:02] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 10+2 = 12
extending senses, technically? what lifeforms are around me!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential: 0/5

taking be mindful of your surroundings from the protege for my advance.

I was expecting to get mauled by the press. They don't usually like people who talk like that to them. And I shouldn't have lost my temper like that it's unprofessional. But they just ignored me and ran off after Pink. I hope she can run fast enough to get away from them. I really do. Then a warm hand clamped down firmly on my shoulder. "Oh, that has got to sting. Ah, well. Don't worry about it. The press in this town are not the kinds of people you actually want to pay attention to you" I heard an oddly familiar voice say. I turned to snap at whoever it was who thought they could touch me but the words died in my throat. It was her.

Cuttie. Oh god I can't believe it. The Cuttie. I'd had a poster of her up on my bedroom wall when I was growing up. She'd been the one to get me interested in fencing in the first place. She'd drank some sort of magical potion that gave her lightning fast reflexes and incredible dexterity and had taken up the sword to defend and protect the people of Halycon. Or at least she had up until a year ago when that sex tape of her and Iron Fist had leaked. Yeah she'd left town pretty quickly after that before his girlfriend could get ahold of her. Hey it was all over the papers. You can't tell me you didn't see it. She'd been the AI "liaison officer" in Europe but everyone knew that was only to get her out of the way before the two of them ended up killing each other.

Still what was she doing here? I doubt she had come all this way just to see me. I mean I wasn't anyone special I was just some kid who'd been in the right place at the right time with the right training to make a difference. Anyone could have done it. And based on my performance today the could have done it way better than me. I didn't even have any idea what to say, I wanted to ask her for her autograph. But I'm supposed to be a hero now I don't think that kind of thing is supposed to be done. "umm I'm glad you like it." I said. Wow real clever there Junko. You're knocking them out of the park today. "I uhh needed something I could move around in and well people see the uniform they don't see the person." great I sound even more like an idiot. "Umm is there something I can help you with?" Probably best not to say anything else before I make myself look even more of an idiot. What cvould she want with me anyway?

22:28] Terrorsol piercing cutties mask
[22:28] Terrorsol !r 2d6
[22:28] Krysmbot Terrorsol, 5 = 5

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh, huh! That's pretty cool. I mean, I'm pretty good at singing... but I'm not THAT confident. Hmm, maybe some other time. Actually, isn't that...

Yeah! It IS Sword Maiden. I figured i was cosplay, but... no. I recognize that beauty mark. But... she's not really the person to attend these kind of things. I know her too well for that. See, she's had a fallout with mom, and quit being an hero all together, becoming a vigilante instead.

She's... taking it all a bit to seriously, I think. And why is nobody cosplaying as me? T.T

Anyway, maybe I should stick around for a bit longer... this is odd...

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Conditions: | Potential: 2/5 | Location: Would you like whipped cream with your soy latte?

The smell of fresh roasted coffee and cocoa beans wafts through the boardwalk, the open air coffee shop and chocolate shop Il Gran Titolo run by some ex-stock brokers who took up running this shop with their wealth they earned in the market. And with all that money Amy makes just enough to pay for her rent and get food to survive. While the cafe itself was open air with a post-modern almost apple esque design philosophy, the breeze allowed Amy to feel awake and cool off after a hard day of work as a hero. Once you get past the employee only doors the interior of the shop housed multiple roasting machines, one for cacao beans, the other for coffee. They roast their own beans for as the owners said, it was the only way to assure the best quality coffee. To her however, it meant grinding the coffee beans in the burr grinder, packing them into the espresso machine and then releasing the stream of creamy espresso topped with frothed milk sometimes she would do a design in the foam. Another door - this time open to the public lead to an actual cafe called Il cioccolato è in ogni cosa, a restaurant where the chefs work cocoa and sometimes coffee into all the dishes - both savory and sweet works were always being crafted inside.

As Amy finished wiping the counter a beautiful woman came walking up, blonde, mysterious. An easy smile placed upon her face. She was like a model and her compatriot - this Lex - was most definitely a figure of interest. Of course it normally wasn't her business to get involved in the dealings of customers but they brought up a point to each other in hushed whispers - a Shade Council. It sounds mysterious, maybe even EVIL! She gasped eternally and held the serving tray up to her face to hide her gasp. Quickly she made the Caramel Latte, drawing a little kitty onto the foam, like the stray kitten she had at home. She named the cat Ken. It keeps her company on those cold lonely nights. Once they procured a seat and were having a conversation, She comes to their table carrying the two drinks - a simple espresso, no milk, and a double caramel latte. She smiles as she places the drinks down in front of their respective owners. She inquires if they need anything else and when they shoo her away she quickly finds a place to spy upon them to learn more about this shade council.

quote:

Scarybagels Rolling Pierce the mask
Scarybagels .roll 2d6+3
Platonibot Scarybagels: 12 (2d6+3=4, 5)
What are you really planning?
What do you intend to do?
How could I gain influence over you

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
GETTERMAN PINK

"Come on 'thenie! I know you know something about them! They've been making moves recently, and right now no one knows anything about them! Except maybe you." Lex said. The blond sighed.

"You know I hate it when you call me that." She remarked, sipping her coffee. Staring off into the middle distance. "This is too big, Lex. Even for you. Drop it, please."

"No. You know I can't. That was the deal, remember?"

'thenie stared at Lex for a long time.

"poo poo." Was all she said.

"You just swore..." Lex replied, clearly shocked. "You never... is it really that bad?"

"Okay, Okay.... Rule 1, the Shade Council never operate themselves. They go through proxies, and agents. Their membership is unknown. We think they're actually a number of sub councils who *Think* They're in control. And consensus is gained from the collective will. That's our theory. But we're not really sure. Rule 3, their actions are always unexpected. Rule 2, They'll do whatever they need to complete their objectives. Rule 10, you never know what their objective actually is."

"Great. So it's a global conspiracy who we don't know who's in it, and we don't know what they're up to?" Lex crossed her arms, pouting

"Well... we do know one thing. They're in Halcyon." Thenie added ominously

Looks like this Lex person is planning on trying to take on this massive conspiracy. The Shade Council, huh? It sounds bad. Lex certainly seems to think so.

"Where? I'm going to pay them a visit." Lex got a dangerious grin, the kinda grin that promises high flying adventures and doom lazers.

"Oh, sure, kick the door in, guns blazing. You might as well try to take out a hornets nest one wasp at a time."

"It's worked before. Lot of times." Lex pointed out proudly

"Yes, lots of times. You keep having to do it. Because by the time you're done blowing up one secret base they've built another elsewhere. One wasp at a time."

"Ugh, you're no fun... so what does the great and powerful Athena suggest?"

Athena smiles and slowly takes a long sip of her coffee. "Well, you obviously going to need help. And who better then our very own barista? Amy dear, would you mind not lurking in the corner and come and join us?"

Oh poo poo. You've been made. What gave you away? Maybe it's because of the super obvious gasp you did earlier on? Ether way, they're inviting you to sit with them... Maybe you could get some influence if you listened to their plans? what do you do?

- - -

Megumi

Art laughs. "Former employee? For someone trying so hard break away from their past, you seem awful happy to label yourself with it." He watches you try to formulate your questions. A smile playing on his lips.

"Lots of people are trying to take over the world these days. Some in the A.I. think she is an alien crying wolf. Especially given her position of royalty in her little empire. She arrives, talks about a threat, and suddenly she pulls in some 'help' from her empire, it's a good way to arrange an invasion. Now we both know that's complete bullshit, that the Parasite threat is real."

He pulls out some kind of jerky and bites into it casually. Talking as though the two of you were having a casual conversation.

"Now some in the A.I. would like it all swept under the carpet. Lug your team with low quality support and resources and push you to one side, keep you all busy and out of the way." He looks around an frowns at the conditions, like he was saying 'oh hey, lookie here! low quality support and resources' then looks back at you and winks. "But that''s doing all of you a disservice. Especially given that you're going to be getting involved in some pretty dangerous business in the days to come. Now, I don't like people being on the back foot. Especially when you're going to be inevitability tangling with your parents." He chuckles

"I know you're wondering, why me? What did I do? Well, funnily enough, the A.I. loves a bad guy turned good guy. Makes them look great. And with you showing your heroic side today, it's rather impressed them. The two scientists were working on some very important research. And one of their daughters is on the A.I. council. They likely would have died without your expertise. You've made a pretty powerful friend. But I don't need to explain how that works to you, you'd know all about that."

Art seems to be open and friendly, he's just the messenger. He does seem pretty keen for you to accept the promotion, and check out this new base. He certainly seems to be on your side, there's no hostility, nor is he lying to you. He's sharing a lot more information freely then you might have expected him to.

What do you do?

- - -

Okay I'm going to post these two now. Because I'm heading out to a birthday thing. I'll get the other prompts done later.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

My mouth drops at the numerous unexpected things that fly out of Art's mouth. The parasites are... real?! And my - my parents?!

My mind whirls and I almost lose my balance. I reach out a hand for the nearest countertop and stay myself as I search my brain for answers. Of course there's only one way they all could be connected - The Raiser! Somehow, that drat name has poisoned everything. And if this is all true, it had mind-blowing implications. This is major - this is huge! This could be a human extinction-level threat! "I... but... " I stutter out, "And your worried about our accommodations?! I need to... WE need to find out about these parasites as fast as we can!"

I stand suddenly, grabbing my jacket and a comm, "Okay, I'll go find Supernova and gather the team at Birmingham. Have the councilwoman contact me ASAP if she has any Intel, or a mission, anything!" I continue muttering under my breath as I rush out the door, "Sweep it under the rug? Are they idiots? I mean you can't hide from this kind of stuff!"

To Supernova posted:

Need to meet with you ASAP where are you?

To everyone else posted:

Urgent team meeting, new headquarters = 209 Birmingham. No time to explain

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sorry for the delay everyone. Had a pretty mad past couple days. So here's the prompts. No new additional one for Getterman Pink, because her last one hasn't been replied to yet.

- - -

MEGUMI

As Megumi leaves, Art smiles. Cocking his eyebrow at her sudden urgency.

"Okay, I'll let her know. She'll likely be in contact soon. Oh, just to warn you! She's incredibly blunt. It'll come across as being rude. But she's just... very straight forward. She doesn't mean to cause any offence!"

With Megumi gone, Art waits. A small smile twitching the corner of his mouth at the sound of the door shutting. He looks at the wall, where a fly sits, frozen in place. He steps towards it. Pulling out his i.d card and wiping his hand over it. In it's place was a tarot card. The fool, to be exact. The fly buzzes but can't seem to take off.

"Oh no! Where ever could the team be moving to? If only I hadn't disabled your spies the moment I stepped into the room maybe you'd know! And now they're found a thread of your little plan, and they're going to unravel your whole scheme. Your move you Shade Council poo poo heads." With that, he gave the card a little flick through the air. The fly caught fire and sparked. Around the room, nine or ten other tiny momentary fires broke out. The same was true for the entire base. Swept clean of bugs.

"Good luck kids, you're going to need it. Ah, what am I talking about? I know you can do this." He says. Taking a panel off of the wall, and slipping the card inside and closing it.

Could you please describe the location the base is hidden in? The whole place is a technological marvel! You didn't even know tech like this existed on earth! How do you feel being confronted with such advanced tech that even your own family had never encountered before? What do you do?

- - -

AURORA ANGEL

You observe Sword Maiden, she looks around her, and then dips into a employees only door. Then someone else, who is also definitely not an employee also follows her though the door. Huh, that's weird... and suspicious... what the hell? Something is up. Your hero senses are tingling!

What do you do?

- - -

EN GARDE

“Ha, you should have seen my first costume. Freaking hockey get up, armour everywhere. My first fight I fell right on my face because I couldn’t run!” She chuckled, shaking her head. She gave you a side on glance… “Uh, is there something in my teeth?” She asks giggling. “You can relax, although you’re pretty cute when you’re getting flustered.”

Cuttie stretches luxuriously. That crop top riding up deliciously. “I actually wanted to see how good you were with a sword. Because I’ve been hearing some pretty crazy rumours. Something about taking down an armour suit? Without any powers or anything? I mean, god, if that was true I’d say it’s earned you a drink, or a sparing session. My treat of course.”

… she’s heard about you? She’s heard about you?! And is she hitting on you?!! OMG!
Mark Insecure
What do you do?

- - -

FERAL & SUPERNOVA

Feral – Your senses hone in on the situation. Chillingly, the most dangerous person in the room? The white haired girl grinning at the pair of you. She practically radiates killing intent. Well, that’s not quite true. She’s like a tiger at rest. Calm, but ready to spring at a moments notice.

Supernova – Your scan goes over the store. As predicted, it picks up you, some kind of modified human (Feral), a number of humans. It even marks the ice cream as pure, incredibly high quality, and free of any mind altering drugs, poisons, tracking chips, or parasitic eggs! But then it gets to the White haired woman. And it… gets a bit weird.

-//+* Unknown lifeform, Composition unknown, Multiple Unidentified substances detected, Origin unknown, Owns the ice cream store, Does not care you’re a princess, Is aware you’re scanning the room, finds your technology child’s play to mess with. ;p *+\\-

Huh… that’s… different. Well, she’s definitely not a Dramara… but Empresses knows what she is! What’s more worrying is she seems to have a grasp of your tech. You didn’t even see her move or twitch or anything… how the hell did she do that!?

“If you’re done being shocked, you can get to the back of the queue like a civilised person. Maybe learn that your royal position is meaningless out here.” She says, a smile slowly spreading on her face. A few people in the queue have phones out. They’re recording this exchange. There seems to be a buzz of excitement rather than fear or worry. Is she… is she putting on a show?

The man who answered to the name Joe. Pinches the bridge of his nose. “Boss, please don’t pick a fight with the customers again. I know queue jumping is your pet peeve. But in the name of all that is holy, I’m not dealing with your sister again.” The boss girl, frowns when he says ‘holy’, weird. He glances at Feral. “Lass, if I give you the ice cream, could you do me a solid and get your friend out of here? The boss doesn’t take kindly to people cutting in line. And she can be rather… ‘explosive’, you understand?” He seems nice. Thick eyebrows that hang over his eyes, and a heavy silver cross that hangs around his neck. He seems grizzled, but good natured.

She glances back over her shoulder, pouting. “Aww come on Joe. Can’t a girl have a little fun?”

“Most girls? Yes. But your idea of fun is a little too intense for an old timer like me.” Joe replies, the white haired girl realises her phone’s been chattering at her this whole time.

“Oh, sorry, what?.... No, I’m not!... it’s fine, It’s fine!.... All right, all right, I’ll talk to you soon.” She hangs up the phone. “That girl...”

Looks like she’s distracted, this might be a good moment to split.

Supernova - how does it feel to have her messing with your tech? Has anything like this ever happened before, where someone showed you up? What do you do?

Feral – How does it feel to not be the most deadly thing in the room? What do you think of Joe? Do you take his offer? I mean, it is a pretty good out. What do you do?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

"Umm I apologize...I uhh...was just..." she knew she had been caught and here she thought she was smart by pretending to be a tree. "Umm what are you needing exactly? Another latte? I can whip one of those up really quickly" she says trying desparately to get out of any sort of villain "I...I don't what you heard but I am not really good at much of anything besides being a barista here, isn't that right Darren?" she calls out, Darren's head pops out of the kitchen for a brief moment and nods "Yeah she is pretty dang lazy, not really that good of a barista anyhow" She sits down, a bit flabbergasted by the change of heart the roaster had, and her she thought they were friends. Sitting with these two she can't help but mutter a single question, "A-Are you bad guys?" She struggles to think of a way out and smiles, pretending not to be able to grasp what is going on.

She puts her hands in her pocket, grasping her hidden baton just incase she needs it, but she doesn't make any real movements to upset her current captors.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

My eyes flick from Joe, to Supernova, to Snowball, and back to Joe. I slowly nod at him. He seems solid, if a little concerned about the prospect of imminent violence wrecking up his shop. Or I guess it's her shop? Whatever, it's his name on the sign. I don't want to smash this place up, so I'll play it cool for now.

"Sure thing, Joe. Can I just grab a pen? Thanks."

I scribble my number on a napkin with a message for Snowball:

quote:

5555-555-555
fite me sumtime XD?
feral

Because the thing is, uh. I...um. I really want to fight her. I wanna know what she's got that makes her such bad news. Being around someone who not only isn't scared of what I can do, but is so chill about it... Honestly, it's kind of hot. Like, Mav is way hotter, but it's different. I'm getting a little adrenal spike just wondering what her first move would be...I have no idea! It's awesome!

Collecting the icecream with one hand (I have excellent grip strength) and handing the note to Joe with the other (I quietly point out that it's for her when he looks at it) I step in front of Supernova with a smile.

"Hey boss, we're good to go. Let's get back to HQ before Meg- before anyone makes a mess of the rec room or whatever."

I can feel my phone receive a message, but it doesn't feel like a great time to check it.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Is she coming onto me? I mean I'm flattered and maybe a little curious and she thinks I'm interesting. Wow this is like wow. I mean I need to pinch myself in case I'm dreaming she's interested in me. In more ways than one. What do I do now. "I uhh it wasn't anything special I was just lucky I guess. He had a power nullifying thing going on and I didn't have any powers to nullify. Anyone could have done it." I uhh.. does she have to stretch like that. It's kind of distracting I mean uhh focus. "Still I'm flattered that you took some notice of me. I mean..." Umm how do I put it. "I'm nobody important. Still if you want to go grab a coffee or something I suppose we could. There's supposed to be a nice coffee shop not that far from here that I've kind of been meaning to try." I was blushing again I knew it. With anyone else i wouldn't be this flustered. But I mean Cuttie wow...

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

The result is... partly a relief, that she isn't Dramaran, and irritation for the same, that would have made things much simpler if I had one right here to capture and show off. Then confusion, and then a mixture of outrage and concern, as it becomes clear she isn't anything we've seen before, and something advanced enough to know how our technology works, and access is mentally, a feat that should be beyond any species not part of the Itarian Intergalactic Empire. This could be dangerous! I need to find out what she is, how she's doing this, and if our technology really is child's play to her. If it is... she shouldn't mind a full power blast from my death ray... My hand slowly drifts down to the holster at my hip while I stare at her, thinking things through.

Should I? Or shouldn't I? Before I can make up my mind, my communicator indicates that Megumi is trying to contact me. This alien 'woman' isn't likely to act at the moment, based on her previous lack of action, so I look down at my communicator projecting the text of her message in Itarian floating above my wrist and smile. Looks like she was regretting how she was acting before, good! I look back up at the scene here while I flick in a reply with my fingertip. [I am at an ice cream shop] I didn't bother to see which one. [I will be heading back to the base shortly.] I would have indicated she should head here to help in the fight against this... thing... but Feral is returning with the ice cream, and it would be an abomination to let it go to waste. I know where this creature is, and can return later. It also looks like she left a message for her, so... that's something else as well.

"Good work Feral," I smile graciously, taking my heavily stacked cone from her hand and giving it a lick. Mmmm, delicious. "Lets go." I sit myself down on the sailboard, which has been hovering next to us waiting, and pat the spot next to me for her to sit as well. "The quality of this product is excellent, but I shall certainly be taking my custom elsewhere after such churlish service."* Without waiting for a reply, I direct the board to fly us up and away from the stand before I take another bite or address Feral again. "What message did you leave for that appalling woman? We'll need to investigate her, she's a threat to your planet."

*ED: She didn't pay for it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

We're flying above the streets, eating icecream and kicking our legs off the surfboard when Mavs starts talking about it. She actually seems kind of rattled by the whole thing.

"Hmm? Uh...nothing important. You're right that she's dangerous, but I don't know why. Definitely need to find out. I'm sure that whatever her deal is, she'll be no match for the power of Team Cute."

I put my arm around her shoulders and give her a slightly awkward solidarity hug. I don't mention that I'm really excited about the whole 'terrible threat' thing, that would be...gauche.

We really need to do something about that name

Comfort or Support Supernova (supporting love): 2d6-1 10

If Supernova opens up to Feral she can potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels. I'm adding a Team to the pool.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I let out a long groan. "Where did everyone get Team Cute from? We're the Shooting Stars, unless you can come up with something better." Grumbling, I go back for several more licks of my ice cream, which helps my mood a lot, as does Feral's hug, not that I'd admit it. Eventually I sigh and lean over so my head is resting on her shoulder, and take another lick before talking again. "She was able to interfere with my technology in real time, and no one on this planet should be able to do that, not even non-human aliens." I make a face, then take another lick, "AND she could speak my language, but treated me like scum anyway! It's not right!" I slam my fist down on the solar sailboard, but I do take a second to make sure its not the hand holding my cone. Ice cream is a treasure never to be wasted.

Marking Potential

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Birmingham Manor

From the outside, you'd guess at what to expect - fine china, draperies, butlers, very expensive rugs. A decade ago, that's exactly what it was, a rental mansion, catering to the traveling elite, for a one- or ten- or hundred-night stay. However, things have clearly changed since then. Formerly elegant dining rooms have been transformed into training areas, prep rooms, and research labs. Bedrooms into sparse but customizable areas for whomever wants to inhabit them. And, throughout the facility, a high-tech AI named Roommate that can do everything from man the lights, heat the pool, and prep the vehicles for various kinds of launching. Roommate also doubles as a medic, a psychiatrist, and a friend, if you haven't made any yet. Which is helpful, because right about now, I feel exactly like I need a hug—the one thing Roommate can't do.

Still, this place is phenomenal. I mean, Sakami has been playing around with full-functioning base AIs, but it's always been more theoretical than functional. And definitely not personality oriented. More like just making sure the automatic doors work and sending out alerts when various chemicals are running low. But this is a whole other level. I run my fingers on the wall as I walk through the foyer into one of the many prep rooms—this one, a fully-stocked cafeteria. I look at the wall of options, "Er, Roomate? Could you whip me up a salad or something?"

The wall speaks in kind, "Absolutely ma'am, what kind would you like?" The robotic voice is somehow eerie, a mixture of friendly tones but it all seems a little off. And the voice, of course, sounds like some young adult male action hero star. Ryan Reynolds springs to mind... "We've got caesar, asian variants, Italian variants, cole slaws, fruit variants-"

I cut it off quickly, "A simple green salad will do, thanks." I sigh—how did I even get here? I take a seat at the table and whip out my comm, noting a few messages from Supernova. Great, another bomb ready to drop. I reply to her quickly as the wall ejects a perfectly made green salad, topped with a flower made out of chopped-up carrots.

To Supernova posted:

Just make sure you head to the right base. Nobody else is here yet.

That done, I settle into my salad, brooding at the coming fight with our fearless leader.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
FERAL

You phone buzzes once.

[ Like... one on one? Or do yo actually have enough sense to bring some back up with you? ;p ]

Well... that sounds promising.

What do you do?

Supernova & Feral

You arrive at the new address. It's a grand looking place. Megumi is waiting for you inside.

What do you? What do you think of this place? Supernova - What stands out to you as being extraterrestrial in design? Feral - Something about this structure seems... hardy. What makes you think that it might be capable of containing you at your full power?

Megumi

Supernova and Feral arrive, they have ice cream. Bastards! The house offers you ice cream. You don't even ask for it. It just lowers a cone from the ceiling. Offering it to you.

What do you do? What do you say? Do you take the ice cream? If you do, what crazy awesome flavour did it produce?

En Garde

Cuttie gave you a serious look, with a little smile. "You're not a Nobody, never say that about yourself. You're way cooler then THAT guy. He's a dork." You head over to the coffee shop where you get hot drinks and a little booth. Cuttie got herself something with triple caramel and sprinkles. "So, where'd you learn your swordplay? You carry a Kattana, but I can see from your hands you're more of a fencer."

She's got a good eye, and she presents her own hands. "I'm a Iaijutsu and Iaido user myself. My powers always stopped me from learning something a little more... intense. I can move at super speed, but momentum is a problem. So I've got to know when to draw and how to do it just right. So I've asked for a friend to make me a stun blade. So I can branch out a bit. Try and learn a few new styles."

"Speaking of trying new things, is there anywhere that a swordgirl can go and practice? I'm sure the A.I. have built a ton of stuff since I've last been here." she takes a sip and groans in satisfaction. "Oh yeah, that's good....! Uh, are you alright? You've gone bright red?" she smiles and looks away a little flustered. Clearing her throat. "Anyway, other then taking down a powersuit, what else have you done? I mean, you've got to have had some pretty crazy adventures!"

She's blushing! Oh man, she likes you! What are you going to do? Do you try to take advantage of this moment and flirt a little? Do you know any good dojos? What other stories do you think you could impress her with? What do you do?

Getterman Pink

"Pink, please, we are not bad guys. Hell, just ask Feral who Lex Justice is, she'll tell you all about me. So relax and leg go of that drat batton!" She mutters to you under her breath, and rolls her eyes.

"Simply put." Said Athena "We are aware of the movements of a worrying organisation which is trying to take root in the city. They're up to no good. And we think they have infiltrated the A.I. as well, as such we need help taking their bases down. You have a pure heart, a good heart. We can trust you. The question is, are you willing to help us?"

They're being quite open with this, but then again, now that you're close you can see a strange bubble around you. Lex winks. "Silence field, far as anyone else knows, we're chatting about inane things like coffee and your shoes. Which are actually really cute."

"Stay on topic Lex." Athena smiled behind her coffee.

"Sorry, look, I don't like asking others for help. But if Athena thinks I need help then she's probably right, given that she's a know it all primordial." Lex stuck her tongue out at Athena who shrugged smugly. "You and your team are new, so they're probably trying to get an angle on you right now. But that means you're clean, and you can start working on what's important. Getting rid of the bad guys before they can do any damage. So, you in?"

They seem pretty serious. You ever hear of Lex Justice? How does it feel to get a compliment about your shoes? What do you say to all of this, especially given they seem to want to get the team involved?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

My good mood from this delicious salad drops suddenly as my teammates walk through the door. Feral and Supernova. Carrying ice cream. Like they went on a date or something. I grimace, staring down into my lettuce like it will try to cheer me up. Of course, that's when Roommate drops down an arm carrying some ice cream as well, in a cute little cone with a chocolate sauce design on top of a happy face. I stare at it dumbly. Like, are you trying to kill me, Roomate?

I try to ignore it, and my teammates, at least for the moment. I get up and dump my bowl into the sink, watching in wonder as tiny arms pop out and start to clean it for me. Another day, and I'd be fascinated, asking Roommate all sorts of questions and digging for ideas.

But today... I just sigh. I turn around, facing Supe and Feral. "So," I start, giving them a bit of a glare, "What's up? Have fun while I've been busy here setting up the new base? Don't tell me..." I smirk, "The whipped cream needed some saving? Jamocha Almond Fudge in a hostage situation?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Potential: 2+1/5

I just have time to dash off a surreptitious text:

quote:

1 on 1 irl. come at me scrublord im ripped

Before we're back at the base. The new base. It's...a loving fortress. Not really noticeable at first glance, but the walls are thick and I'd guess well reinforced, the windows are small and made from layers of what might be transparent aluminum, there's enough redundant load-bearing structures to survive a severe earthquake...or a cape fight. That's not all of it - even a cursory glance shows points where blast doors and shutters can section off parts of the building. Probably a Faraday cage effect to prevent unauthorized comms. No...not a fortress.

I think it's a prison. I don't like it.

And here's little miss 'oh hey check out our sweet new hq' herself getting all sassy at us like she didn't ditch out on the fight early. What's up with that?

Pierce the Mask (Megumi): 2d6-2 5

Marking Potential

Eh, she's just jealous. I snipe back at her:

"Running recon on a new threat, actually. You know, hero business. Shame you couldn't make it, but this place is...nice? I'm sure that was important as well."

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Conditions: | Potential: 2/5 | Location: Too much coffe scene, but a latte potential for puns

Amy sits down and sighs, taking her hand out of her pocket, leaving her baton in it She remembered back in her home work, 20-30 minutes, 60 minutes top and the whole thing would be done and the status quo would be back to normal. However this world is just crazy with layer upon layer of espionage and infighting. She has never even heard of Lex Justice...but the fact that Lex likes her shoes puts her at ease. "You know this was a whole lot easier back in my world...but if there is people doing bad stuff in this city, and as a swarn protector....okay I will help you" She sips some coffee and nods "I will get my team together and we can deal with this together...but tell me about this shade council and what they are doing and the general plan of action"

quote:

Santabagels pierce the mask
Santabagels !r 2d6+3
Krysmbot Santabagels, 7+3 = 10
What do you want me to do, what are you really planning and what do you intend to do Lex Justice/Athena

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

The base is impressive so far, much more fitting to someone of my stature than the old base was, even if it isn't quite there yet. Still, it's an improvement, and a sign that the alien authorities here are starting to understand that I deserve more respect than I'm being given. The only thing that catches my eye I'm not happy about is the automated food dispenser unit that produces a rather good looking (if too simple) ice cream cone for Megumi, which she ignores! I end up taking it, since I'm not about to let ice cream go to waste, but that technology is definitely beyond the current technology level of this planet. At least if it has any nutritional value in it.

I don't get a lot of time to think about it, because apparently Megumi is deciding to stick with her stance of being rude and unappreciative of my kiss that she was using at the end of the mission. I take a lick off my cone, looking over it coldly at her, and then shrug slightly. "You could have come along if you hadn't decided to leave like that." Then I look away, striding past her without looking back at her - more than once - to find somewhere to sit down so I can enjoy finishing these ice cream cones. "And yes, we found a very dangerous non-human alien lifeform pretending to run an ice cream shop."

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I frown as Supe and Feral take turns digging at me. I expected it from Feral, but when Supernova joins in, I raise an eyebrow. She's going to regret that later.

I narrow my eyes, bouncing my attention between the two. "Well, I'm glad you two had a productive afternoon together. Or, date?" I bat my eyes Supernova's way.

Provoking Supernova to feel bad = 6
Hard Move
Making potential

Well, that probably didn't work. Whatever. I just need to get to the point. I push my hair back behind my ears and cough, "Anyways, A.I. is looking into the Dramara Parasite. Seems they finally believe you. Thought you should know. Though, if you want to keep talking about ice cream," I add with a glance at the cone she's grabbed from Roommate, "I'm sure Feral here could chat your ear off."

That said, I get up and start to leave, hoping she'll take the bait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Flirt a little me? I wouldn't even know where to start. I mean she's nice and all but it'd be a bit....wrong. I mean she's a big name hero and all that and I'm just me. Besides I don't really think she's my type. Assuming I have a type of course. But uhh quick say something to distract her from uhh me. "Umm yeah I started off with fencing and picked up bits and pieces of other styles over the years. I switched to the Katana because it's a better blade for this kind of work. Well and it's supposed to have been in the family for ten generations. Although given that I'm pretty sure my great grandfather was a thief and a bandit I suppose it probably hasn't" Oh god I'm babbling now. Way to go Junko. You can face down giant ants without breaking a sweat but a cute woman flirting with you? That's your limit?

I said something to cover the awkward silence, "Umm not much, I'm still fairly new at this. I'm not a real hero when it comes down to it. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to do some good that's all anyone could have done it." It was true after all real heroes save people, real heroes don't find themselves hanging from a ledge paralysed with fear. Real heroes can do their job without screwing it up. "As for somewhere to spar well we kinda have a new base set up it's supposed to have a full gym and everything set up I'm sure you'd be welcome to come along. But I'm sure you have better things to do than hang around with me all day."

[20:35] Ferrosol piercing the mask
[20:35] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[20:35] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4 = 4

• Locked thread