Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Is there a good site to reference for up-to-date IDP injury and roster status? Many of my players are listed P/Q but Rotoworld still has news updates from last season posted. I don't know how to put a full living team on the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Injury stuff is the hardest part of IDP in my opinion, I wish I knew the answer for you. Just an hour ago I saw a tweet that Mario Edwards is heading to the IR and I had no idea when I drafted him that he was hurt. He's still not marked as hurt on my roster.

I try to follow a couple football guys who tweet about all teams and just hope the news I need to know filters to me. IDP is one format I don't mind making homer picks since I have a better chance of being up to date on their status. Hence the 4 Bucs on my team. And I almost drafted another couple.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Epi Lepi posted:

We did it guys! It went pretty quick too. Now lets hate our teams together!

You considered that quick? That draft took forever. Me and my friends were laughing about this draft as it was happening, because they play fantasy football, but had no idea how to tell if an idp team is good. I told them nobody does.

(Except for me. Easily the best team. You sucka's going down.)

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Sataere posted:

You considered that quick? That draft took forever. Me and my friends were laughing about this draft as it was happening, because they play fantasy football, but had no idea how to tell if an idp team is good. I told them nobody does.

(Except for me. Easily the best team. You sucka's going down.)

My standard league's draft took twice as long. I mean, it was only 2 hours.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I guess I am spoiled. Most of my drafts flew by. Maybe that one felt longer because I was out and wanted to be paying attention to my friends. Now that I think about it, two hours really isn't that long, although it was the longest of my drafts, including the 16 man, 19 round abomination.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

In case you were wondering who wins the trophy for best team name, it was me.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
uh

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Team Clinton-Dix Out For Harambe enjoy your 9 blood points from Brandon "Raiden From MK" Marshall :mad:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm just happy he didn't get borked and leave the game with 2 tackles

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I've got a single IDP to pick in a league with a bunch of clueless. Reshad Jones is on the waivers - no brainer pickup? Currently starting Khalil Mack.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Absolutely Jones is a tackle machine.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
It just wouldn't be the IDP league without a sure victory turning into a shiteating loss, all thanks to monday night scrubs and score corrections :mad:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

or leaving a shitload of points on your bench and losing by less than two points

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Lavonte David got 0 points and I am mystified and, as a Bucs fan, utterly dismayed.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Epi Lepi posted:

Lavonte David got 0 points and I am mystified and, as a Bucs fan, utterly dismayed.

In my dynasty league, I almost cut him...... (To get Ogletree, but someone outbid me )

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I can't catch a break in this dumb loving league

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I legitimately have no idea what I am doing. I thought my strategy for this was solid, but I loving suck

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I was bummed I lost out on waivers for Wilhoite and settled for Bellore but at least for this week I ended up with the better deal.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Epi Lepi posted:

I was bummed I lost out on waivers for Wilhoite and settled for Bellore but at least for this week I ended up with the better deal.

I suspect he is this year's Wilhoite, which is unfortunate, because I burned my waiver on Wilhoite.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

drat it, a 1 pt loss. Curse your weak blood, Geno!

I've been extremely surprised at my team's performance overall. Can't tell if my draft "strategy" worked out in some way or I just ended up extremely lucky but I'm doing better than some of my main leagues so it has me way more engaged this year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Teeter posted:

I've been extremely surprised at my team's performance overall. Can't tell if my draft "strategy" worked out in some way or I just ended up extremely lucky but I'm doing better than some of my main leagues so it has me way more engaged this year.

I am surprised also, but in a different way. I still don't know what I did wrong with my draft strategy.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

My draft strategy mainly revolved around picking up as many every down linebackers as I could, sprinkled in with the occasional DB or DL according to VBD that I completely made up as I went along. Seems like having the consistent stable of LB points helps a ton and the occasional big game from a DB puts things over the edge.

Still, 3/4 of the league is within 1 win of each other so it could go anywhere at this point.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Teeter posted:

My draft strategy mainly revolved around picking up as many every down linebackers as I could, sprinkled in with the occasional DB or DL according to VBD that I completely made up as I went along. Seems like having the consistent stable of LB points helps a ton and the occasional big game from a DB puts things over the edge.

Still, 3/4 of the league is within 1 win of each other so it could go anywhere at this point.

That was my strategy. My guesses were just wrong

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Teeter posted:

On a stat correction, too. Last time I looked on Sunday I wasn't going to get that last 1.5 or so I needed to win, and then I checked on Monday and I was up.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Hahahaha - an 8 way tie for 2nd place?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

If I lose this week despite having 49 points from just Eric Berry and Kiko Alsono because my dumbass Browns DB didnt' start, I'm gonna have a fit.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DC Murderverse posted:

If I lose this week despite having 49 points from just Eric Berry and Kiko Alsono because my dumbass Browns DB didnt' start, I'm gonna have a fit.

Would've put up the same numbers.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

JoeRules posted:

Hahahaha - an 8 way tie for 2nd place?

This league is great. I really like where the roster and scoring settings are at because it's been super competitive, and the mystery of IDP has kept it fresh. I love my team yet we're still at a point where I'm unsure if I'll even make playoffs.

I'd say the best part is the waiver action. There's a ton of roster moves, and I can't tell for sure if there are many duplicate waiver claims but it seems like everyone has targeted different players. There's rarely a clear cut #1 add for any given week because everyone's situation is different.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Teeter posted:

This league is great. I really like where the roster and scoring settings are at because it's been super competitive, and the mystery of IDP has kept it fresh. I love my team yet we're still at a point where I'm unsure if I'll even make playoffs.

I'd say the best part is the waiver action. There's a ton of roster moves, and I can't tell for sure if there are many duplicate waiver claims but it seems like everyone has targeted different players. There's rarely a clear cut #1 add for any given week because everyone's situation is different.

There are absolutely duplicate claims. I have missed on a ton of guys. I agree that this has been nice and competitive, but I think I would prefer to see scoring that evened up positions.

Next year, I think the lineups should be set like an actual NFL team. Three defensive lineman, one DT, one DE, one flex, two linebackers, two cornerbacks, two safeties. And flex linebacker/safety spots.

My problem is that scoring still favors linebackers and we adjusted by just making a bunch of linebacker spots. I think the scoring in the charity league does a great of creating value at any position.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Bring on the playoffs, baby! :getin:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

pretty awesome that I managed to go from "one loss away from missing the playoffs" to "the finals" in two weeks.

bring it on...

wait a tie?

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
I'm just wondering where Dannell Ellerbe went in that high-scoring Saints/Cardinals affair. That, and choosing to go with my waiver pickup Artie Burns instead of Steven Nelson because the news updates constantly seem to imply that Nelson will head to the bench when all of KC's CBs are healthy.

Probably have to wait for the usual scoring adjustments

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

DC Murderverse posted:

pretty awesome that I managed to go from "one loss away from missing the playoffs" to "the finals" in two weeks.

bring it on...

wait a tie?

tiebreaker is Total Points For (which would give me the win) but I fully expect to get score-corrected to a loss. such is life in the unforgiving world of IDP-only.

also, 2nd-to-lowest seed has won the championship both years so far

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

JoeRules posted:

tiebreaker is Total Points For (which would give me the win) but I fully expect to get score-corrected to a loss. such is life in the unforgiving world of IDP-only.

i like my odds, then.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

JoeRules posted:

Yep, sorry, turns out they awarded another point to Trent Murphy. Though for all I know it could change again tomorrow.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

GVOLTT posted:

Yep, sorry, turns out they awarded another point to Trent Murphy. Though for all I know it could change again tomorrow.

If only I had stuck to my guns - the original plan was Butler at DB, then either Keuchly or Whitner at the flex. 4 minutes before the noon kickoff, I decided I just HAD to have McKelvin in there.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

i like my odds, then.
It's the 4th quarter of the final game of the week, but I'm calling it now. Congrats on your win. Never thought my auto-drafted team would make it this far. Note to self: don't take a nap before next season's draft!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Seven Seed Supremacy

• Locked thread