Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Hey guys I can dupe posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

NVJ posted:

i bought diablo 2 like 10year ago but never installed it but i kinda like diablo 3 shoukld i install 2

2 was about a billion times better than 3 but you kinda liked 3 so you might have bad taste and wouldn't like 2 due to that.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

u gieb s0j??/

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
path of exile is basically diablo 2 with more weird builds. it's really good if you like getting high and clicking a mouse for days

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Professor Shark posted:

just hit alt+f4

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
hey everyone, I just thought I would help everyone out by posting the best mod for Diablo 2, Zy-EL Trial by Fire. some people will try to tell you that Easter Sun is the best Diablo 2 mod. don't listen to their lies, its really Zy-El:
http://www3.telus.net/zyel/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0MijoarNZg

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Sheep-Goats posted:

I made a pet then got an item editor to make a boogermancer. I like boogermancer. I think you can see my post about my tweaks to boogermancer if you search for boogermancer on google.

This is great, and if you are the author, then props to you. I'm gonna play some Grim Dawn now.

e: Grim Dawn is a great version of what Diablo 3 could have been.

PyPy fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 21, 2016

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

You've got quite a treasure there in that horadric cube

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Diablo 2 kicks rear end. Diablo 3 was kind of a let down.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
You now speak to Ormus.

He was once a great mage, but now lives like a rat in a sinking vessel. You have questions for Ormus, and doubt in yourself. Ormus sees a strange dichotomy in you, as he does in all would-be heroes. Speak to him, and he will grant you wisdom in turn. Or turn from him, and seek wisdom in thyself.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Diablo 3 has turned into a pretty good game over time with all the updates and additions. It's my go to couch coop game with the wife on PS4. Really wish they hadn't replaced the necromancer with the witch doctor, though.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
diablo 3 is casual bullshit with no rpg stat building and all the characters are the same, I can't tell if torchlight 2 or grim dawn is the better game

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Day Man posted:

Diablo 3 has turned into a pretty good game over time with all the updates and additions. It's my go to couch coop game with the wife on PS4. Really wish they hadn't replaced the necromancer with the witch doctor, though.

almost had me there until you mentioned playing a diablo game on a console.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

magikid posted:

You now speak to Ormus.

He was once a great mage, but now lives like a rat in a sinking vessel. You have questions for Ormus, and doubt in yourself. Ormus sees a strange dichotomy in you, as he does in all would-be heroes. Speak to him, and he will grant you wisdom in turn. Or turn from him, and seek wisdom in thyself.

I also have this memorized

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

ColoradoCleric posted:

diablo 3 is casual bullshit with no rpg stat building and all the characters are the same, I can't tell if torchlight 2 or grim dawn is the better game

criticize what you will, but you can't honestly say dumping points into vitality was a fascinating strategic choice

p.s. you may now dump points into vitality in D3

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Diablo 3 will never be good. its always-online nature makes it impossible to mod, so it will never surpass modded Diablo 2

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Played Diablo on PS1 and Diablo 3 on PS3. I also played Starcraft 64!

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
If you only played D3 at release, you should try it again, because they improved basically everything

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

They made D3 a fun game but they didn't make it any closer to D2

Rutibex posted:

hey everyone, I just thought I would help everyone out by posting the best mod for Diablo 2, Zy-EL Trial by Fire. some people will try to tell you that Easter Sun is the best Diablo 2 mod. don't listen to their lies, its really Zy-El:
http://www3.telus.net/zyel/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0MijoarNZg

I never trusted people who play Amazons in Diablo 2 because they all gave them weird names about how much they wanted to gently caress the Amazon

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PyPy posted:

This is great, and if you are the author, then props to you. I'm gonna play some Grim Dawn now.

e: Grim Dawn is a great version of what Diablo 3 could have been.

Grim Dawn looks fun and good if you can play single player.

I own Diablo 3, but I can't play it because of my satellite internet. The ping is so high that it's pointless even trying.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Groovelord Neato posted:

Actually it's great for exactly the reason he mentioned. Very easy to get a non-gaming significant other engaged for some couch co-op because the control scheme is so simple on a controller.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

popewiles posted:

Actually it's great for exactly the reason he mentioned. Very easy to get a non-gaming significant other engaged for some couch co-op because the control scheme is so simple on a controller.

thats because the game mechanics are also so simple

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Honestly, Diablo 2 had a terrible endgame: running the same boss a thousand times, so you can... continue running a boss you already have on lock.

Diablo 3 is much better in this department. An infinitely scaling random dungeon with the gem levels etc. is a better deal than endless Baal runs.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zorodius posted:

Honestly, Diablo 2 had a terrible endgame: running the same boss a thousand times, so you can... continue running a boss you already have on lock.

Diablo 3 is much better in this department. An infinitely scaling random dungeon with the gem levels etc. is a better deal than endless Baal runs.

Diablo 3 doesn't let me sell the loot for real money so it has a worse end-game.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Running infinite anything is a scrub tier endgame in any Diablo title. The real man's endgame is PvP enabled Hardcore mode :getin:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Played Diablo on PS1 and Diablo 3 on PS3. I also played Starcraft 64!

you're a sick gently caress.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i have d3 installed and i do some runs here and there every so often when I have 20 mins to kill because it's still fun and after the patches the gear is pretty decent and the endgame is good too

idk it doesn't re-capture that d2 magic for whatever reason that I can't quite put my finger on but it's cool my wizard still melts everything and that's fun

played path of exile a bit last night, I'll prolly do some more right now. I agree with the poster who said it looks like clay and the camera angle is annoying but w/e I guess. It is free. Although, D3 paid for itself (and Starcraft) when I sold some Tal Rasha's poo poo I sniped on the AH for cheap gold so that was technically free as well.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 21, 2016

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
Well I know what I'm doing right when I get home from work. God I hope I can find my disks.. Wanna smoke a bowl and play through the entire game.

poo poo, think I might try d3 again as well. Seems a lot of goons are giving it their seal of approval since being patched.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

El Duderino posted:

poo poo, think I might try d3 again as well. Seems a lot of goons are giving it their seal of approval since being patched.

It's not just patches you need to pay money for the expansion to find out. That's why I give the same lol treatment as people who say "come back to Destiny!"

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Chomp8645 posted:

It's not just patches you need to pay money for the expansion to find out. That's why I give the same lol treatment as people who say "come back to Destiny!"

sure, but you wouldn't play D2 without Lord of Destruction though, would you?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol playing act 3 at all

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Zorodius posted:

LoD is paying money to make a good game better. D3 expansion is paying money find out if a bad game no longer sucks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i played on like a 16.8k modem and would die every single time on the frozen plains from loving catapults.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zorodius posted:

Classic is better than expansion. But you want expansion anyway for the client features.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I think the only reason anyone would say classic D2 is better than LoD is if they are some kind of sperg that prefers earlier patch versions of a skill to a ton of new and better content

"But but blessed hammer in 1.0.....:qq:"

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The best diablo 2 was before items had level restrictions. I kit out a new sorceress with two sojs, and a ton of other high end poo poo right out the gate.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

javazon qtiyd

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I think the only reason anyone would say classic D2 is better than LoD is if they are some kind of sperg that prefers earlier patch versions of a skill to a ton of new and better content

"But but blessed hammer in 1.0.....:qq:"
It has almost all of the patch changes of expansion.

Rares being actually decent, no stupid charms, no overpowered runewords, and leveling is fun because chaos sanc is infinitely more fun than baal runs. It also doesn't have a lot of the dumb a5 areas/mobs. The gear level in classic doesn't put you significantly above the mob strength like it does in expansion, and overall the itemization is just much more enjoyable to me. It's more like you are playing your character (stats/skills) than playing your gear. There's also some degree of teamwork.

I play expansion pretty often, but if I wanna sperg and actually grind then classic is way more fun. Kinda doesn't matter in 2016 because the game is dead so you just end up doing casual expansion playthroughs.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 21, 2016

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Diablo 1 was better than Diablo 2. I liked how you moved really slow and it was very tedious.

No but seriously the atmosphere in the first game destroys the 2nd game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Secular Humanist posted:

Diablo 1 was better than Diablo 2. I liked how you moved really slow and it was very tedious.

No but seriously the atmosphere in the first game destroys the 2nd game.

D1 is free now. Just google the .ISO it's like 200 mb or something stupid small.

• Locked thread