Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

We didn't have a thread and I'm lazy so I stole last years OP

Spoeank posted:

Draft season is upon us and to keep the general fantasy football thread from getting mucked up with RMT stuff, here's a different thread.

Rules:

State your format (PPR, 2 QB, 3 WR, etc)
State the number of teams in your league
Put your pick slot or your auction values. You can post final results or your drafting order, whichever works best for you.

And now on to my team:

12 team, 0.5ppr, 2 kickers, and 2 keepers

1. L Bell
2. L Miller (K)
3. CJ Anderson
4. Demaryius Thomas
5. Cam Newton (K)
6. Marvin Jones
7. Mohamed Sanu
8. Giovani Bernard
9. Travis Benjamin
10. Devin Funchess
11. Mason Crosby
12. Graham Gano
13. Charles Clay
14. Devontae Booker

I went with best value for my top 3 even though I probably should've grabbed a WR in the third. Accidentally drafted Travis in the 9th instead of Funchess but got him anyway. I don't have a defense yet because I want to make sure Booker is keeper eligible for next year. Overall, I'm happy with my draft. Please tear me a new one.

e: oops can someone change the thread tag to something more appropriate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I would have definitely picked up a receiver in the 3rd, what position were you drafting in? Getting Demaryius in the 4th is pretty solid value though. You have great depth at receiver, but not so much at RB. After Bell, Miller, CJA, you have Bernard and CJAs handcuff. I would have probably taken another RB in the 7th instead of Sanu, but I am pretty low on Sanu, especially when you grabbed Funchess and Benjamin in lter rounds.

Overall, I like your team, but you should try to find some depth at RB.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Thanks. I was going to try trading but the league just voted to add a W/T flex so I'm gonna stand pat until I see how my receivers pan out

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
How many total WR's can you start with the addition of that flex? And how many RB's?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MrSargent posted:

How many total WR's can you start with the addition of that flex? And how many RB's?

QB, 2WR, 2RB, W/T, W/T/R, D/ST, and 2K

I don't mind starting WRs in the flex so I don't feel like another RB is an urgent need, especially since Bell is out only 3 weeks.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Oh yah, if you can start 4 Wide Receivers, then don't worry about picking up another RB. Solid draft!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I've never had a post-draft rule change work out this well before!

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
Keeper League, keep players at round drafted to a minimum of 9th round keeper (can keep undrafted or rds 10-16, but will cost a 9th)

10 team, 1qb/2wr/2rb/1te/1wr-rb/1k/1def
Standard Yahoo scoring

Traded away 3rd/6th last year for some worthless garbage and an 8th/9th this year

Picking from the 2nd spot

1. (2) Odell Beckham Jr. WR
2. (19) LeSean McCoy RB
4. (39) DeMarco Murray RB
5. (42) C.J. Anderson RB
7. (62) Larry Fitzgerald WR
8. (77) Andrew Luck QB
8. (79) Marvin Jones Jr. WR
9. (81) Frank Gore RB
9. (82) Donte Moncrief WR - keeper
10. (99) Jay Ajayi RB
11. (102) Coby Fleener TE
12. (119) Corey Coleman WR
13. (122) Kamar Aiken WR
14. (139) Chris Hogan WR
15. (142) Chandler Catanzaro K
16. (159) New England DEF

Had to pick a K and Def (league rules, gotta draft a full team), and am going to probably drop Pats D for whatever looks best come week one, other than that, I feel kind of strongly about the "potential" of this team, I guess?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Just did my annual money league with family and friends, where the draft is always hilariously bad and this year was no different.

PPR, 2wr, 2rb, 1 flex. I picked out the 7th spot.

1. Odell Beckham Jr. WR NYG (no idea how this happened)
2. Mike Evans WR TAM
3. Sammy Watkins  WR BUF
4. LeSean McCoy RB BUF
5. Eric Decker WR NYJ
6. Delanie Walker TE TEN
7. Arian Foster RB MIA
8. DeSean Jackson WR WAS
9. Bilal Powell RB NYJ
10. Mohamed Sanu WR ATL
11. Isaiah Crowell RB CLE
12. Tevin Coleman RB ATL
13. LeGarrette Blount RB NWE
14. Matthew Stafford QB DET
15. Green Bay Packers D/ST GNB
16. Cairo Santos K KAN

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I've never had a post-draft rule change work out this well before!

If my league ever changed a rule post - draft , I would quit on principle at the end of that season

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
.5 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, Flex, K, Def
Picked 10th out of 10

1. Gronk
2. AP
3. Sammy Watkins
4. Brady
5. C.J. Anderson
6. Doug Baldwin
7. Ryan Mathews
8. Allen Hurns
9. Ameer Abdullah
10. Gary Barnidge
11. Stefon Diggs
12. Arizona
13. Steve Smith (Dropped for Kamar Aiken)
14. Chris Hogan (Dropped for Funchess)
15. Chris Boswell
16. Matt Stafford
17. Josh Doctson (Dropped for Tajae Sharp)

A couple things about this draft. QBs, Defenses, and Kickers go really early and then people all pile on and pick them up. To make matters worse everyone in this league takes a backup for whatever reason so I have to waste rounds while there were still options on the board. First Def was taken in the 8th and the first Kicker in the 9th. My thoughts are that I had a decent start then the middle of the draft sort of fell apart. I should have made more of an effort to go for more WRs early on. I also forgot Brady has a suspension to serve.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Eternal Hobo posted:

A couple things about this draft. QBs, Defenses, and Kickers go really early and then people all pile on and pick them up. To make matters worse everyone in this league takes a backup for whatever reason so I have to waste rounds while there were still options on the board. First Def was taken in the 8th and the first Kicker in the 9th. My thoughts are that I had a decent start then the middle of the draft sort of fell apart. I should have made more of an effort to go for more WRs early on. I also forgot Brady has a suspension to serve.

Drafting a guy who is suspended 4 games in the 4th round when you got Stafford in the 16th seems like a terrible waste. You could have picked up a much better WR2 there instead.

Finished my only draft this year last night. Very competitive 14 man .5 ppr auction league in it's 8th year where guys fly in from all over the country for the draft every year.

RB: Doug Martin $41
RB: DeMarco Murray $19
RB: Bilal Powell $2
RB: Alfred Morris $2
RB: Chris Thompson $1

WR: A.J. Green $49
WR: Sammy Watkins $35
WR: Donte Moncrief $18
WR: Phillip Dorsett $3
WR: Kamar Aiken $2

TE: Coby Fleener $21

QB: Kirk Cousins $2
QB: Matt Ryan $1

K: Chris Boswell $2

DST: Vikings $2

I was waiting super long on QB hoping a couple of guys would drop but when Tony Romo went for $7 and Stafford went for $6 I knew I was in trouble. I think this team is good for a 14 man league, but it's got some depth problems. Some guys got drunk late and drafted 3 tight ends or QBs late in the draft after their teams were mostly set, but overall I think it's a good example of what you might see in a 14 man auction where everyone wants to win. I feel bad for my friend who dropped money on Lewis last night before the news today.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

quote:

.5 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, Flex, K, Def
Picked 10th out of 10

1. Gronk
2. AP
3. Sammy Watkins
4. Brady
5. C.J. Anderson
6. Doug Baldwin
7. Ryan Mathews
8. Allen Hurns
9. Ameer Abdullah
10. Gary Barnidge
11. Stefon Diggs
12. Arizona
13. Steve Smith (Dropped for Kamar Aiken)
14. Chris Hogan (Dropped for Funchess)
15. Chris Boswell
16. Matt Stafford
17. Josh Doctson (Dropped for Tajae Sharp)

Is there anything special to your QBs in this league? Like, does the scoring favor them? If not I'd have passed on the QB and instead taken the opportunity to snatch up some depth in the WR/RB positions because in standard scoring formats the league is extremely deep at QB (and also TE), I mean you picked up Matt Stafford in the 16th round... You're right in that your WR position is lacking. Watkins is strong, and Diggs and Mathews will probably make solid WR2/Flex, but you really don't have any depth behind that.

On my own 10-man I went WR-heavy.

10-team, 1 PPR
QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, Flex, 2DP, Def, K
Picked 10th out of 10

1. DeAndre Hopkins (K)
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Keenan Allen
4. Latavius Murray
5. Carlos Hyde
6. Jordan Matthews
7. Dion Lewis (Dropped for James White)
8. Danny Woodhead
9. Giovani Bernard
10. Zach Ertz
11. Marvin Jones
12. Kirk Cousins
13. Panthers Defense
14. NaVarro Bowman
15. Alec Ogletree
16. David Carr
17. Josh Brown (Dropped for Chandler Catanzaro - wups!)

The only thing I'd add is that Christine Michael is still avail on the WW, contemplating swapping James White out and put him in, thoughts?

Boon fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 21, 2016

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Boon posted:

On my own 10-man I went WR-heavy.

10-team, 1 PPR
QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, Flex, 2DP, Def, K
Picked 10th out of 10

1. DeAndre Hopkins (K)
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Keenan Allen
4. Latavius Murray
5. Carlos Hyde
6. Jordan Matthews
7. Dion Lewis (Dropped for James White)
8. Danny Woodhead
9. Giovani Bernard
10. Zach Ertz
11. Marvin Jones
12. Kirk Cousins
13. Panthers Defense
14. NaVarro Bowman
15. Alec Ogletree
16. David Carr
17. Josh Brown (Dropped for Chandler Catanzaro - wups!)

The only thing I'd add is that Christine Michael is still avail on the WW, contemplating swapping James White out and put him in, thoughts?
I can't think of any reason in a 10 team, 1xQB spot league to hold onto 2 QB's. I'd drop Carr and pick up a WR or RB flyer - maybe DeAndre Washington so you have the Raiders backfield locked up? He looked good and they are going to run a ton.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Because there's a 5-RB, 5-WR max to the roster and I'm currently at it, so I figured I could play the matchups at QB.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Got auto drafted this team. I only played with the rankings a little bit on yahoo before the draft started, pretty happy with it, especially with Le'veon only out 3 games. I was the 10th pick in a 12 team league, dropped my kicker and 2nd TE for Kamar Aiken and Josh Gordon.

.5PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 6BN

1. (10) Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
2. (15) Le'Veon Bell (Pit - RB)
3. (34) Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
4. (39) Sammy Watkins (Buf - WR)
5. (58) Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
6. (63) Jordan Matthews (Phi - WR)
7. (82) Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
8. (87) Zach Ertz (Phi - TE)
9. (106) New England (NE - DEF)
10. (111) Connor Barth (NO - K)
11. (130) Marcus Mariota (Ten - QB)
12. (135) Corey Coleman (Cle - WR)
13. (154) Dwayne Allen (Ind - TE)
14. (159) T.J. Yeldon (Jax - RB)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Frustrated posted:

Drafting a guy who is suspended 4 games in the 4th round when you got Stafford in the 16th seems like a terrible waste. You could have picked up a much better WR2 there instead.

Finished my only draft this year last night. Very competitive 14 man .5 ppr auction league in it's 8th year where guys fly in from all over the country for the draft every year.

RB: Doug Martin $41
RB: DeMarco Murray $19
RB: Bilal Powell $2
RB: Alfred Morris $2
RB: Chris Thompson $1

WR: A.J. Green $49
WR: Sammy Watkins $35
WR: Donte Moncrief $18
WR: Phillip Dorsett $3
WR: Kamar Aiken $2

TE: Coby Fleener $21

QB: Kirk Cousins $2
QB: Matt Ryan $1

K: Chris Boswell $2

DST: Vikings $2

I was waiting super long on QB hoping a couple of guys would drop but when Tony Romo went for $7 and Stafford went for $6 I knew I was in trouble. I think this team is good for a 14 man league, but it's got some depth problems. Some guys got drunk late and drafted 3 tight ends or QBs late in the draft after their teams were mostly set, but overall I think it's a good example of what you might see in a 14 man auction where everyone wants to win. I feel bad for my friend who dropped money on Lewis last night before the news today.

I'm in a nearly identical league, down to the settings, members, and flying in from everywhere . Although the league I'm in is in its 16th year, every thing else seems to match.

Looks like you got some good value, considering there probably weren't any steals to be had. I'm a bit baffled by Fleener for $21... was he just like the last good TE available and so you and another sandbagger got in a bidding was with money to burn?

Obviously, you definitely are going to have RB issues once Murray gets tired of bowling fools down and breaks down. How much did Derrick Henry go for? Might want to see if his owner will make a nice little low-end trade so you can have that 'cuffed.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm in a nearly identical league, down to the settings, members, and flying in from everywhere . Although the league I'm in is in its 16th year, every thing else seems to match.

Looks like you got some good value, considering there probably weren't any steals to be had. I'm a bit baffled by Fleener for $21... was he just like the last good TE available and so you and another sandbagger got in a bidding was with money to burn?

Obviously, you definitely are going to have RB issues once Murray gets tired of bowling fools down and breaks down. How much did Derrick Henry go for? Might want to see if his owner will make a nice little low-end trade so you can have that 'cuffed.

I am pretty high on Fleener, but definitely got bid up a bit. Delanie Walker went for $18 later, Kelce for $22 so I don't think it was too far out of line. The best deal was Reed at $22 late in the draft when people were really low on money.

I am a bit worried about Murray, but I got a pretty good deal on him. Unfortunately the guy who got Henry waited till I had $4 left, then bid $4 exactly so I couldn't go over him.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

dxt posted:

Got auto drafted this team. I only played with the rankings a little bit on yahoo before the draft started, pretty happy with it, especially with Le'veon only out 3 games. I was the 10th pick in a 12 team league, dropped my kicker and 2nd TE for Kamar Aiken and Josh Gordon.

.5PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 6BN

1. (10) Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
2. (15) Le'Veon Bell (Pit - RB)
3. (34) Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
4. (39) Sammy Watkins (Buf - WR)
5. (58) Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
6. (63) Jordan Matthews (Phi - WR)
7. (82) Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
8. (87) Zach Ertz (Phi - TE)
9. (106) New England (NE - DEF)
10. (111) Connor Barth (NO - K)
11. (130) Marcus Mariota (Ten - QB)
12. (135) Corey Coleman (Cle - WR)
13. (154) Dwayne Allen (Ind - TE)
14. (159) T.J. Yeldon (Jax - RB)

I like your roster but you will have to keep an eye on the wire for WRs. I'd also try and push Stewart or Yeldon for a WR to an RB needy team if you can get a good deal. Otherwise this isn't the worst autodraft I've seen!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I like your roster but you will have to keep an eye on the wire for WRs. I'd also try and push Stewart or Yeldon for a WR to an RB needy team if you can get a good deal. Otherwise this isn't the worst autodraft I've seen!

Autodraft went a bit RB heavy, but I can't complain about getting Le'Veon and AP. Hoping one out of Aiken, Coleman or Josh Gordon (:siren:) have a big year.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I think I did pretty good -- 12 team, 1 PPR, 2 flex spots, 2 RB, 2 WR. My keeper was a 14th round grab of Kelvin Benjamin, who I took last year and stashed him on the bench all season.

QB: Derek Carr
RB: Doug Martin
RB: Frank Gore
WR: Odell Beckham
WR: Alshon Jefferey
TE: Greg Olsen
FLEX: Kelvin Benjamin
FLEX: Tyler Lockett

Bench: Arian Foster
Bench: Bilal Powell
Bench: Isaiah Crowell
Bench: Devin Funchess
Bench: Willie Snead
Bench: Derrick Henry

I feel like my biggest weakness is at QB, where I can probably trade for someone, and RB, where I have a lot of guys who are old or in committees

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
So these rosters will look retarded because it's an 8 team league with friends and family, but I'm curious which team you prefer between mine and my wife's. Standard scoring (no PPR), with starters of 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 3 WRT, 1 DST. Plus a few notable scoring oddities: passing TDs are 6 and ints are -3, and DSTs score really highly (Denver averaged 25 per game last year, Seattle averaged 22.5 and Houston and Minnesota both averaged 21, though tons of week to week variability). Plus we go through week 17, so Bell's suspension is marginally less important.

Me:

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Lamar Miller, Leveon Bell, Deangelo Williams, Carlos Hyde, Ryan Mathews, Danny Woodhead
WR - Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, TY Hilton, Eric Decker
TE - Dwayne Allen
DST - Texans, Vikings

Her:

QB - Drew Brees, Andy Dalton
RB - Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls, Jeremy Hill, Frank Gore, Justin Forsett
WR - Antonio Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Demaryius Thomas, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews
TE - Rob Gronkowski
DST - Seahawks

So to me, looks like I've got a slight edge at QB and moderate edge at RB, but handily lose at TE and lose by a good amount at WR. Defense isn't a huge deal as I'll be streaming for the most part.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 23, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Yeah, I think I'd rather start the season with the team she has but you're a diamond-in-the-rough WW add away from being the better team imo, especially considering that you start 3 flex and only one of each at RB/WR.

Had #1 pick in a 12-team PPR:

1.1(1) Antonio Brown
2.12(24) Mike Evans
3.1(25) Keenan Allen
4.12(48) DeMarco Murray
5.1(49) Donte Moncreif
6.12(72) Gio Bernard
7.1(73) Marvin Jones
8.12(96) Bilal Powell
9.1(97) Josh Gordon
10.12(120) DeAndre Washington
11.1(121) David Carr
12.12(144) Dion Lewis
13.1(145) Josh Ferguson
14.12(168) Dwayne Allen
15.1(169) Chandler Catanzaro
16.12(192) Vikings D/ST

I picked Lewis thinking that I could draft a backup QB later even though I had a full bench and then just IR him for a K/DEF, but a) ESPN makes you draft a full roster which is dumb and annoying and b) Looking at the settings, I'm not sure if this league allows you to IR inactives like most ESPN leagues do, so I'm thinking of dropping Lewis for Tannehill and rolling with:

QB: Carr/Tannehill
WR: Brown
WR: Allen
RB: Murray
RB: Gio
TE: Allen
Flex: Evans

Between Gordon/Moncreif/Jones, my WR depth is pretty tits and hopefully as the season progresses, I can turn some of that depth into another RB2 (or better :getin: ) for my committee

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 26, 2016

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Please tell me you drafted David Carr instead of Derek Carr.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I wish

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Haha I would have felt bad but also laughed really hard.

Your team is pretty drat good. I have no idea how you got Keenan Allen and Mike Evans at the 2/3 turn. I would try to fill out a couple more RBs if you can, no one knows when Lewis will be back.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, that's my plan. Think I'm just gonna drop Lewis for a QB and then just watch the wire/try to at some point work out a trade for a RB and then from there my team should hopefully be set and forget

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
12-team, .69 PPR (don't judge), 1-QB/2-RB/3-WR/1-TE/1-PK/1-DEF

(1-4) - DeAndre Hopkins
(2-21) - Sammy Watkins
(3-28) - Doug Martin
(4-45) - Doug Baldwin
(5-52) - Jonathan Stewart
(6-69) - Tyler Lockett
(7-76) - Duke Johnson Jr.
(8-93) - Carson Palmer
(9-100) - Tyler Eifert
(10-117) - Michael Thomas
(11-124) - Bilal Powell
(12-141) - Paul Perkins
(13-148) - Terrance Williams
(14-165) - Los Angeles
(15-172) - Pierre Garcon
(16-189) - Chris Boswell

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, Duke Johnson, Bilal Powell, Paul Perkins
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Michael Thomas, Terrance Williams, Pierre Garcon
TE: Tyler Eifert
PK: Chris Boswell
TD: Los Angeles Rams

stacked the box at receiver. also love the potential of the duke in PPR format

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
First draft of the season here.

10 teams, 0 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, no flex

1 (10): A.J. Green
2 (11): Allen Robinson
3 (30): LeSean McCoy
4 (31): T.Y. Hilton
5 (50): Jeremy Maclin
6 (51): Latavius Murray
7 (70): Ryan Mathews
8 (71): John Brown
9 (90): Philip Rivers
10 (91): Tyler Lockett
11 (110): Ameer Abdullah
12 (111): Antonio Gates
13 (130): Corey Coleman
14 (131): Minnesota
15 (150): Cairo Santos

I hate getting stuck at the draft turn but thought I made out pretty well here. Nailed my starters in the early rounds, bolstered my bench with a mix of high-ceiling guys (Brown, Lockett), a trendy rookie (Coleman) and a post-hype flier (Abdullah). Waited as long as possible to get my QB and TE and came away with guys I'm both happy starting.

RB depth is a concern health-wise, but it's 10-team so there will be no shortage of useful options on the wire.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Poonerman posted:

12-team, .69 PPR (don't judge), 1-QB/2-RB/3-WR/1-TE/1-PK/1-DEF

(1-4) - DeAndre Hopkins
(2-21) - Sammy Watkins
(3-28) - Doug Martin
(4-45) - Doug Baldwin
(5-52) - Jonathan Stewart
(6-69) - Tyler Lockett
(7-76) - Duke Johnson Jr.
(8-93) - Carson Palmer
(9-100) - Tyler Eifert
(10-117) - Michael Thomas
(11-124) - Bilal Powell
(12-141) - Paul Perkins
(13-148) - Terrance Williams
(14-165) - Los Angeles
(15-172) - Pierre Garcon
(16-189) - Chris Boswell

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, Duke Johnson, Bilal Powell, Paul Perkins
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Michael Thomas, Terrance Williams, Pierre Garcon
TE: Tyler Eifert
PK: Chris Boswell
TD: Los Angeles Rams

stacked the box at receiver. also love the potential of the duke in PPR format

Lol I'm judging your 0.69 ppr pretty hard, but it made me laugh. Pretty sure Eifert is hoping to be back week 4-6, so get someone else now. Terrance Williams is easily droppable for one. Otherwise looks decent, good depth, but not a big favorite probably.

Benne posted:

First draft of the season here.

10 teams, 0 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, no flex

1 (10): A.J. Green
2 (11): Allen Robinson
3 (30): LeSean McCoy
4 (31): T.Y. Hilton
5 (50): Jeremy Maclin
6 (51): Latavius Murray
7 (70): Ryan Mathews
8 (71): John Brown
9 (90): Philip Rivers
10 (91): Tyler Lockett
11 (110): Ameer Abdullah
12 (111): Antonio Gates
13 (130): Corey Coleman
14 (131): Minnesota
15 (150): Cairo Santos

I hate getting stuck at the draft turn but thought I made out pretty well here. Nailed my starters in the early rounds, bolstered my bench with a mix of high-ceiling guys (Brown, Lockett), a trendy rookie (Coleman) and a post-hype flier (Abdullah). Waited as long as possible to get my QB and TE and came away with guys I'm both happy starting.

RB depth is a concern health-wise, but it's 10-team so there will be no shortage of useful options on the wire.

This is a pretty sick team, even for a 10 team league.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

First ever auction draft. 12-team PPR standard roster and scoring. My strategy going in was to use the Beersheets and get the three best players (at least two being WRs) I could for at/under projected value and then just fill in from there.

1) Antonio Brown $68
2) Julio Jones $67
3) TY Hilton $18
4) Derrick Henry $7
5) DeMarco Murray $12
6) Gio Bernard $11
7) Marcus Mariota $1
8) Dwayne Allen $1
9) Derek Carr $2
10) DeAndre Washington $3
11) Travis Benjamin $2
12) Kamar Aiken $3
13) Alfred Morris $1
14) Cardinals D/ST $2
15) Chandler Catanzaro $1
16) Josh Ferguson $1

Henry was me reading the bid wrong and thinking that I could get the guy who nominated and matched every bid to that point to pay a little more (he had $100 more than like 9/11 other teams at that point!) and then I got stuck with him and essentially had to lock up Murray as well. According to the sheet, Murray's value was $19, so I essentially got him at market value and his handcuff for free, so I guess it's not the worst thing in the world. After I got Gio, my strategy was to nominate guys who I wouldn't totally mind if I were outbid and would be willing to go as high as $3 but otherwise let go if I couldn't get for $1 (how I ended up with Mariota, Morris, and Ferguson) Carr, Aiken, Washington, and Benjamin were the best players left that were on my short list, so I made sure to get them. Arizona was definitely the best D available and I didn't intend to spend more than $1 on a D, but I also didn't expect them to be there that late and I had an extra dollar so I figured what the hell. I think I was the 2nd to last person to finish and I think there were only 4 of us left for my last 5 picks

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 27, 2016

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
14-team league, .5 PPR. 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 RB, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 5 bench. I picked 13th in a snake draft where you get to pick your draft spot in reverse order of last year's standings.

1 (13) - AJ Green (WR) - keeper
2 (16) - Lamaar Miller (RB)
3 (41) - TY Hilton (WR)
4 (44) - Randall Cobb (WR)
5 (69) - Larry Fitzgerald (WR)
6 (72) - Gary Barnidge (TE)
7 (97) - Rashad Jennings (RB)
8 (100) - Philip Rivers (QB)
9 (125) - Christine Michael (RB)
10 (127) - Kamar Aiken (WR)
11 (153) - Matthew Stafford (QB)
12 (157) - Chandler Catanzaro (K)
13 (181) - Eagles (D/ST)

My league is a family & friends and people draft all over the place so it's tough to adapt sometimes. This year had some :stare: such as the 3rd overall pick drafting Gronkowski - Newton and then RB for the next 3 rounds, and one player's first 5 picks going Aaron Rogers - Latavius Murray - Doug Baldwin - Legarrette Blount - Stefon Diggs. A few people were picking players from a Fantasy Football magazine released in the spring. I love it.

I more or less followed BeerSheets. I didn't really want to draft a TE so early and reached a bit on Christine Michael but I couldn't guarantee they would be around next time I had a set of picks. Overall I'm pleased but my RB's are a bit shallow. I only need to start 1 so I'm not too worried.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
10 Team PPR, plus various froot-loopy yardage bonuses that I think are dumb but no one listens.
Roster: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, W/R/T, Def, K, 6BN
9th Pick Snake Draft

There are a couple shameless homers and one total idiot in this league, so leaving without an above-average team should be viewed as a failure.

The goal was to leave the 1st 5 rounds with my RB+WR+Flex starters done. I could have left the 1st turn with a ridiculous RB+RB combo(2 of David Johnson, Lamar, Miller, LeVeon Bell, Doug Martin, Ezekiel Elliott depending on what #10 did), but the WRs were flying off the board and I panicked about being left without a top tier guy. Dez and AJ Green were the only 2 left in my top tier, the Romo news dropped around the 5th round or I'd have taken Green.

If I had waited on WR I likely would have ended up with Allen as my #1 and then someone like Brandin Cooks or TY Hilton as my #2. All told I'm happy with how it turned out since Jamaal Charles fell to me in the 3rd, at least until you guys tell me how dumb I am.

Edit: Idiot story - Drafted Gronkowski 3rd overall after the commish explained in excruciating detail how we don't have a dedicated TE spot and that TEs should not be as highly regarded as their rankings suggest. Then he attempted to draft Thomas Rawls at pick 63 when he had just taken him at pick 58.

smoothitron fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 28, 2016

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

RTM posted:

14-team league, .5 PPR. 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 RB, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 5 bench. I picked 13th in a snake draft where you get to pick your draft spot in reverse order of last year's standings.

1 (13) - AJ Green (WR) - keeper
2 (16) - Lamaar Miller (RB)
3 (41) - TY Hilton (WR)
4 (44) - Randall Cobb (WR)
5 (69) - Larry Fitzgerald (WR)
6 (72) - Gary Barnidge (TE)
7 (97) - Rashad Jennings (RB)
8 (100) - Philip Rivers (QB)
9 (125) - Christine Michael (RB)
10 (127) - Kamar Aiken (WR)
11 (153) - Matthew Stafford (QB)
12 (157) - Chandler Catanzaro (K)
13 (181) - Eagles (D/ST)

My league is a family & friends and people draft all over the place so it's tough to adapt sometimes. This year had some :stare: such as the 3rd overall pick drafting Gronkowski - Newton and then RB for the next 3 rounds, and one player's first 5 picks going Aaron Rogers - Latavius Murray - Doug Baldwin - Legarrette Blount - Stefon Diggs. A few people were picking players from a Fantasy Football magazine released in the spring. I love it.

I more or less followed BeerSheets. I didn't really want to draft a TE so early and reached a bit on Christine Michael but I couldn't guarantee they would be around next time I had a set of picks. Overall I'm pleased but my RB's are a bit shallow. I only need to start 1 so I'm not too worried.

Green+Miller is a good turn for a 10-teamer, so you did well for 14. I'd drop Stafford, even in a 14-teamer there should be someone with a pulse on the waiver for Rivers's bye, especially if the lack of draft acumen you describes extends to the waiver.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
12-team standard snake, picking 11th, 0 ppr, 4-pt passing td - 1 qb, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 WR/TE/RB, 1 K, 1 D

1. Lamar Miller
2. Jamaal Charles
3. Brandin Cooks
4. Jordan Reed
5. Randall Cobb
6. Jordan Matthews
7. Rashad Jennings
8. Torrey Smith
9. Chris Ivory
10. Sterling Shepard
11. Josh Gordon
12. Tyrod Taylor
13. Adam Vinatieri
14. GB Packers D
15. Isaiah Crowell
16. Jared Cook

My league has 9 sharks, with 3 people that are not so good.

edit: Idiot story from our league, since I like idiot stories - Right around the end of the 15th round, one guy asks if Marshawn Lynch is still available.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I really have no idea what to think with this draft. I kinda like it, especially in a 16 team league. 1PPR, 4 TD Throw, -1 INT

quote:

1. (9) Todd Gurley (LA - RB)
2. (24) Doug Martin (TB - RB)
3. (41) T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)
4. (56) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)
5. (73) Jeremy Langford (Chi - RB)
6. (88) Blake Bortles (Jax - QB)
7. (105) Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
8. (120) Isaiah Crowell (Cle - RB)
9. (137) DeAndre Washington (Oak - RB)
10. (152) Devin Funchess (Car - WR)
11. (169) Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB)
12. (184) Vance McDonald (SF - TE)
13. (201) Dorial Green-Beckham (Phi - WR)
14. (216) Seth Roberts (Oak - WR)
15. (233) Cairo Santos (KC - K)
16. (248) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)

Also, the auction league, .5PPR, -1 for Sacks. I totally overpaid for DJ, but I don't think it hampered me too much in the end, especially getting Russell Wilson for $3.

quote:

1. (4) David Johnson (Ari - RB) $65
2. (28) Alshon Jeffery (Chi - WR) $30
3. (32) Thomas Rawls (Sea - RB) $21
4. (37) T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR) $19
5. (42) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB) $3
6. (49) DeMarco Murray (Ten - RB) $6
7. (53) Travis Kelce (KC - TE) $3
8. (65) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR) $6
9. (73) Jeremy Langford (Chi - RB) $6
10. (83) Allen Hurns (Jax - WR) $3
11. (93) Derrick Henry (Ten - RB) $1
12. (103) Danny Woodhead (SD - RB) $6
13. (122) Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB) $1
14. (128) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB) $2
15. (129) Vance McDonald (SF - TE) $1
16. (136) Oakland (Oak - DEF) $1
17. (143) Matt Bryant (Atl - K) $1

TUS fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 28, 2016

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
10 team, 2 keepers, picking #1

QB: Carr
RB: D. Johnson (K), J. Langford, M. Jones, A. Abdullah, D. Henry
WR: A. Brown, A. Cooper (K), K. Allen, M. Evans, G. Tate
TE: J. Cook

Went WR heavy at the 2/3 turn because the RBs available were blah (Rawls, J. Stew, M. Forte, J. Hill, C. Hyde all went after). So I took Keenan and Evans instead.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Your WRs are really good, even for a 10-team, and with keeping Johnson and those WRs, you really need to just cobble together a RB2, which might not be all that hard with those guys. I'm really high on Carr, he's my QB in all 3 of my leagues

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
12-team, .5PPR. Mostly standard line-ups, but with 3 WRs, no kickers, and a flex. I picked 3rd overall.

1 AJ Green
2 Keenan Allen
3 CJ Anderson
4 Antonio Brown (K)
5 Giovani Bernard
6 Ryan Mathews
7 Arian Foster
8 Coby Fleener
9 James White
10 Kamar Aiken
11 Derek Carr
12 Rishard Matthews
13 Blake Bortles
14 CJ Prosise
15 Alfred Morris
16 Vikings DST

I'm not sure about where I took James White but it was hard to figure how far he might fall. I love my receivers, but I'm not sure how strong I am elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So my league had its draft last night. I'm the 4th team and my buddy in prison who drafted via phone is the 10th team. (bonus, fellow goon Honore_de_Balzac is team 2)

• Locked thread