Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

For any former mods/admins reading, do you find it difficult to transition back into 'normal poster' status now that you've seen behind the curtain, so to speak?

I don't really see it as an issue. There are a few threads I'm active in, in a few subforums, but the only place I act like a Mod is in SA-Mart. I guess ask me again when I'm a former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer
I always have access through my phone, so it's pretty easy to handle pms and things that may require immediate attention.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

Why did you guys accept being mods/admins, and are there any inherent perks of being a mod / former mod or admin besides the forum cop powers?

In the beginning it was nice to help out and since I was selling a fair amount of stuff in SA-Mart it didn't really take much extra time. Now I'm semi retired and time isn't much of an issue. As far as perks I'll stick a buy/selling thread in the mart if an mod/admin is selling something, but that's pretty rare.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

CrazyLittle posted:

Well there's this guy, which is as far back as I was willing to dig before getting bored
http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21107

Last post by him is 7 years and one day ago. Hell, even I have him beat by 3 months and a few thousand posts.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

Go ahead, you know you want to show the pig...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

Vegetable posted:

mods should do meetups

could have caught aatrek sooner

Ah ha that's funny.

I just went through your post history. You know, just to make sure you aren't a hidden Pedo.
I've decided to probate you every time I notice you don't capitalize the first word in your sentences or end them in a period.
Just to be safe and make sure you aren't saving all those big letters and little dots for the kids.

• Locked thread