Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Actually, let me condense things down even more:

Everyone who works in sales or marketing should be burned alive.

RIP Bill Hicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fuelslt1 posted:

THIS IS WHAT YOU, AS A CUSTOMER, NEED TO DO BEFORE STEPPING INTO A DEALERSHIP:

You say this like it's a bad thing lol.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.
Edit

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 15, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So tell him where he can find the 1% of good dealerships then.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Lol I really can't understand how you all can be so insanely mad about car dealerships

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.
Edit

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fuelslt1 posted:

Funny you bring that up. 90% of my co-workers, including the management, came from a Saturn dealership together.

I'm sure you'd never engage in anti-consumer behavio-

Fuelslt1 posted:

While I sat there counting the $2-$5k you could have saved if you were cool.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 15, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fuelslt1 posted:

I don't work for free.

Then your point is moot because for all you know every single dealership within a 500 mile radius of him are all flaming piles of garbage.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fuelslt1 posted:

You forgot #8.

I am nothing but professional and kind when dealing with a human being. You are an arrogant BITCH on the internet who thinks you are smarter than us mouthbreathers who won't just tell you "what we can afford" a month whether that is for 60 or 96 months who cares. I could right now go and buy any new vehicle for sale at the 6-7 new car dealers in my town for CASH but literally I can not get any one of them to tell me WHAT THE loving PRICE ON A CAR I INQUIRE ABOUT WILL COST ME IF I WRITE THEM A loving CHECK

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Fuelslt1 posted:

THIS IS WHAT YOU, AS A CUSTOMER, NEED TO DO BEFORE STEPPING INTO A DEALERSHIP.

1. Do your own research online for the vehicle you want.

2. Find the vehicle you want online.

3. Compare pricing for similar vehicles between cars.com/autotrader/dealer websites.

4. Research the rebates available to you from the manufacturer.

5. Research the dealership.

6. SECURE YOUR OWN FINANCING (And you thought the salesman was screwing you...)

7. Go to the dealership, ask to test drive the vehicle you've narrowed your search down to.

8. Act like a normal human being.

9. Review an itemized list of all the charges associated with your purchase.

10. Go to the finance office to finalize the paperwork. No, you don't need the undercoating.

11. Purchase the vehicle with your own financing.

12. Say "It was a pleasure doing business with you, I'll be sure to tell my friends & family about my experience here."

Do you not realize that this is the reason why car dealers add little value to the process of buying a car?

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fuelslt1 posted:

Have you ever stopped and thought that....maybe you are the problem?

Have you stopped and though that...Maybe there's a very good reason why he's pissed off at dealerships, when they can't even give him a straight answer to a simple question?

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fuelslt1 posted:

Have you ever stopped and thought that....maybe you are the problem?

I bet a lot of girls you date end up "Just wanting to be friends."

GOD YOU ARE STUPID gently caress

I am almost 40 with two kids and a paid off house. I am looking for a driving appliance. I have virtually driven everything I inquire about either as a rental or a family member owns one. LITERALLY CONTACTING THE DEALERSHIP with the following information (this is one example of dozens): Hello, you have a white Ford Escape, VIN XXX, advertised on cars.com for 21,999. I have a X-Plan Pin. Could you tell me the out the door cash price with tax and fees. Also I am interested in adding a roof rack (OEM) can you tell me the total cost of the part and installation? Thank you.

SILENCE

or

ONE THOUSAND EMAILS WITH "WE HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU IN A WHILE ARE YOU OK COME SEE ME FOR THE BEST DEALS IN TOWN"

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fuelslt1 posted:

Let's just be friends.

Does their ad state that the D&H is included? If so, take that $21,999, add your state tax (if applicable) and your city tax (if applicable). There is your cash price. Tough huh?

OF COURSE IT DOES NOT BECAUSE ALL DEALERS ARE loving THIEVES AND THAT IS WHY THEY WON'T loving ANSWER BECAUSE ONCE WE "SIT DOWN AND TALK ABOUT IT" I DON'T KNOW IF THE FEES ARE GOING TO BE $1K or $4k and they especially I guess never get back to me on advertised specials because with the X-Plan they are LIMITED as to the DOC AND DESTINATION FEES THEY CAN CHARGE ME SO OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO SELL THIS VEHICLE AT THAT PRICE

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

everdave posted:

OF COURSE IT DOES NOT BECAUSE ALL DEALERS ARE loving THIEVES AND THAT IS WHY THEY WON'T loving ANSWER BECAUSE ONCE WE "SIT DOWN AND TALK ABOUT IT" I DON'T KNOW IF THE FEES ARE GOING TO BE $1K or $4k and they especially I guess never get back to me on advertised specials because with the X-Plan they are LIMITED as to the DOC AND DESTINATION FEES THEY CAN CHARGE ME SO OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO SELL THIS VEHICLE AT THAT PRICE

dude you need to relax

Fuelslt1 posted:

Let's just be friends.

Does their ad state that the D&H is included? If so, take that $21,999, add your state tax (if applicable) and your city tax (if applicable). There is your cash price. Tough huh?

The thing that is really annoying for the end customer is the fact that they have to do this. Why can't the dealer quote an OTD price directly?

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Everdave just give up, he's clearly just trolling you know because he can't argue for his dumbass "profession" anymore.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

everdave posted:

loving hell you are clearly insane. Someone call social services lmao

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Fuelslt1 posted:

Clearly, I don't.

Your list of "things you must do to have a good experience at a dealership" is basically that the customer do all of the functions of a salesman himself.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 15, 2016

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

leica posted:

Everdave just give up, he's clearly just trolling you know because he can't argue for his dumbass "profession" anymore.

The thing is, the dealer's do not want me or anyone like me as a customer. That is why they are kicking and screaming about Tesla wanting to sell direct. They designed this system to be complex and confusing. They do not want a Buy It Now price out the door because they have tricked people into believing "oh a car dealer only makes like $500 on each sale". They want you to finance for 84 months, or buy an extended warranty that will be denied if you ever need to use it, or get you to pay for "paint protection". It is infuriating. And AGAIN, at my local Ford dealer they have BEEN NOTHING BUT NICE.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 15, 2016

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
1FMCU0G79GUB79478

advertised at 20,760

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

fridge corn posted:

Lol que hundreds of butthurt Internet tough guys complaining about the good old days when you used be able to haggle a good deal but now my car comes from a vending machine rip

lol you've lived such a sheltered life that you think asking for a lower price somehow makes you a "tough guy"

leica posted:

Those guys will all be dead soon.

I'm in good health but thanks for your concern

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

blugu64 posted:

I'm in good health but thanks for your concern

Haha no offense, but the only guys I see getting butt-hurt over no more haggling "good deals" are guys over 65.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
wow this sure is a thread :stonk:

I am very amused by Fuelslt1 posting super regularly, like multiple times an hour, in this thread until exactly 21 minutes before this

everdave posted:

1FMCU0G79GUB79478

advertised at 20,760

and then nothing

This is one of the reasons I'm glad I just buy 3-figure crapcans off craigslist and facebook, put 50-70k miles on them, part them out and scrap them. When Jeep comes out with a new pickup with 4x4, real axles, a manual transmission, and a 6' bed I am going to be real annoyed by having to deal with dealers.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Offer your 5-ton in trade-in and they'll do anything to get you out of their hair.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
tried to buy a car today from a mazda dealership 200 miles away and they wouldnt send a purchase order to my bank, but they did offer to let me drive off the lot with the car if I would sign a "back up contract" with their financing attached to it.

value added
value added
value added
value added
value added

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
My dealer experience was walk in and ask what the price was, make my offer, then walk out two hours later.

Manager called an hour later and agreed and then I had to walk out of the finance office as well.

gently caress dealers. And their employees.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

tried to buy a car today from a mazda dealership 200 miles away and they wouldnt send a purchase order to my bank, but they did offer to let me drive off the lot with the car if I would sign a "back up contract" with their financing attached to it.

value added
value added
value added
value added
value added

Lol what the gently caress? Isn't poo poo like that illegal? I would have told them to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 251 days!)

leica posted:

Lol what the gently caress? Isn't poo poo like that illegal? I would have told them to gently caress off.

It's a fairly common ploy. A BMW dealership in Elk Grove tried to pull the same crap on me. 20 minutes later, I left with my car. I would have walked- but it was a rather rare vehicle, and I wanted it.

• Locked thread