Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
That number is missing a zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Ha, I wish jump pay was $650

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
Sure, why not. I'm sure the first couple times I'd poo poo myself silly, but after that, it'll be no big deal.

On second though, nah...

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I wonder if this guy made 225 that month?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odBuXF6dBd0

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
Do you get extra for cutting off peoples ears?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

VendaGoat posted:

Do you want to be part of the airborne?

Yay or nay?

Trust me man. You don't want to do it. You don't know what I've seen.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
What's the catch?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

imandyyo posted:

What's the catch?

You could die from simply being there.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
So is the airborne part of the military or are you trying to trick me? Cause I'll jump out of anything in exchange for money as long as I don't have to risk anything in any way, in=1,

Whoops

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno when we would ever even use paratroopers these days. since the standard is now to bomb everything indiscriminately before sending the infantry in, sending in an advance unit of paratroopers would just get them blown the gently caress up.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

i dunno when we would ever even use paratroopers these days. since the standard is now to bomb everything indiscriminately before sending the infantry in, sending in an advance unit of paratroopers would just get them blown the gently caress up.

you strap suicide vests to the paratroopers to beat the terrorists at their own game

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
pay me? try to stop me ahahahah *runs towards cargo hold*

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet

I would think paratroopers are still viable in hard to reach locations that mechanized infantry would have difficulty getting to.

A behind enemy lines thing comes to mind. You could still bomb the gently caress out of it first.

Infiltration into the population of a target country? Drop non uniformed personnel and let them wreak havoc from within for a couple months.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
yes but only if i get an fg42

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

nazca posted:

I would think paratroopers are still viable in hard to reach locations that mechanized infantry would have difficulty getting to.

A behind enemy lines thing comes to mind. You could still bomb the gently caress out of it first.

Infiltration into the population of a target country? Drop non uniformed personnel and let them wreak havoc from within for a couple months.

that's one of the few parts of the geneva convention we actually follow, though. no uniform = not covered. bomb civilians, bomb hospitals, whatever. but the uniform thing could turn around to bite us in the rear end.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

that's one of the few parts of the geneva convention we actually follow, though. no uniform = not covered. bomb civilians, bomb hospitals, whatever. but the uniform thing could turn around to bite us in the rear end.

Not sure if we intend to follow it in the future. We practiced this: operation jade stone or some poo poo. It resulted in Texas standing up its national guard to "ensure the rights and liberties of Texas' citizens."

On the Geneva convention, I don't think we actually ever signed that document any way. We've just historically followed its rules.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

nazca posted:

Not sure if we intend to follow it in the future. We practiced this: operation jade stone or some poo poo. It resulted in Texas standing up its national guard to "ensure the rights and liberties of Texas' citizens."

On the Geneva convention, I don't think we actually ever signed that document any way. We've just historically followed its rules.

we never followed the geneva convention, but we were always ready to throw a tantrum when someone else wasn't either. that's the main use, really. if you are a pow, you become a giant whiny baby and always ask for more poo poo while using the geneva convention as the justification. if they mistreat you in any way, again with the whining about the geneva convention.

i'm not sure when they thought that training would be relevant. perhaps they had yet to update it post-9/11?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Can I jump out while the plane is on the ground?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Extra 7800 a year. Do you millennial cucks know how many fucks would dive upon this?

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

That jade stone thing happened fairly recently. It's googlable.

I'm no Geneva convention expert. But of the rules I know of, I saw them followed when I was in the military.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm actually planning to pay money to jump next spring =|

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm actually planning to pay money to jump next spring =|

This was my original thought. I'd love to get paid to jump instead.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

No thanks, I'm going to sit here at my computer instead.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Mozi posted:

pay me? try to stop me ahahahah *runs towards cargo hold*

"MOZI WAIT YOU NEED TO PUT THE PARACHUTE ON FIR- oh god."

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Jade Helm, nazca, Jade HELM

You're no aztec druid!

But yes the Red States reacted poorly to increased military presence in public areas, as predicted.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
انا مثلي

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Also the Great Pumpkin was diverted thanks to the efforts of Jade Helm, so -thankfully- the military didn't need to enforce a police state of the Southwest US if and when a shower of meteorite chunks happened to rain across the region.

:wom::mason::wom:

e: I'll Jump.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

You could die from simply being there.

Even more adrenaline! Count me in.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Jade Helm, nazca, Jade HELM

You're no aztec druid!

But yes the Red States reacted poorly to increased military presence in public areas, as predicted.

as yes "Jade Helm".

I, of course, couldn't be bothered to Google it myself.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i was a civilian when jade helm was going on and i barely got gangbanged, i dont see the big deal

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

hth posted:

i was a civilian when jade helm was going on and i barely got gangbanged, i dont see the big deal

I believe I can speak for the greater population when I say that we as a people would generally like to exercise our right not to get gang banged repeatedly by jade serpents or whatever.

Goons may feel differently of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Not if you gotta do that tandem crap. :gay:

Wait, I can get paid to be strapped to some dudes back!?

• Locked thread