Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It's only August, but I'm already starting to prepare for my Halloween party this year. It'll be our first Halloween in our new house and I'm super excited to have trick-or-treaters again. Haven't have any in nearly a decade!

This thread is to talk about everything Halloween!

What costumes are you planning on this year? What costumes have you done in the past?

What are your favourite movies or tv specials that you like to watch around Halloween?

How do you like to decorate the inside and outside of your home for Halloween? Any favourite decorations?

What's your favourite music for a good Halloween playlist?

What are your favourite things about Halloween? Do you have any traditions?

Every October, I look forward to watching Cinemassacre's Monster Madness. http://cinemassacre.com/category/moviereviews/monstermadness/monster-madness-2007/

I adore horror as a genre and have spent way too much time watching bad horror flicks on Netflix. Trying to narrow down which movies to put on for Halloween is frustrating. I have a couple of those "50 Scary Movies" packs, so I have over 170 movies to choose from, many of which I haven't even seen yet! I suppose there's always the classics of Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy and The Wolfman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I am going as goatse for Halloween

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
u can jus throw the candy in i didnt bring a bag for it

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
is this the 'Ween thread?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
is this the 'Ween thread?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

wow i cant wait un til haloween. i like it when the lady dress as sexy scary nurse, sexy scary scientist, sexy scary ghost or sexy scary werewolf i also cant beliefe that when halowen comes around a gain i will have been cleaning a floor in one store for at east one year. like maybe a year and a half. i remember the people dressing up the short guy was dressed as an elf. oh no that was during christmas

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i remember when i was a child and we didnt have halloween here but now we have halloween here i prob. would have liked it if we had it when i was a kid but we didnt. we have it now thoug

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I'll probably stay inside for halloween night.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

nessa cinemassacre halloween is just a rip off of Haunted Investigators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlabfIO71Yg

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
gonna wear a hilaary mask but in a prison jumpsuit! can you believe it hyuk hyuk hyuk

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Iron Prince posted:

Edit:

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~

That makeup is spot on, you almost can't tell there are teeth where the bumhole should be

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

nessa cinemassacre halloween is just a rip off of Haunted Investigators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlabfIO71Yg

How are short videos about various horror movies a rip off of a ghost hunting show? :confused:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hey speaking of haunted spooky houses do you still go to that old lady's house that you posted about?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

a hole-y ghost posted:

Hey speaking of haunted spooky houses do you still go to that old lady's house that you posted about?

your mom's place? yeah for sure, but ask her if you want the details

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i dont kiss and tell bitch

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
im just gonna write 'stupid smelly rear end in a top hat' on a tshirt with a sharpie

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If anyone's looking for some inspiration for this year's costume we've got lots of photos of awesome costumes for goons in the PYF Cosplay thread!

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

Iron Prince posted:

we're a culture, not a costume

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Fagmaster posted:

we're a culture, not a costume

I'm gay

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
what little you can see of that red skull looks awesome

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gary oldmans diary posted:

what little you can see of that red skull looks awesome

It's not a real Halloween costume unless it's the "Sexy _____" version

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I unironically love this.

pr0spector88
Aug 18, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

liar

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
steve and nancy seems like a fun cheap costume. plus i get to be an 80's douche

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

would

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Donald Trump is gonna be so played out:rolleyes:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

canpakes posted:

Donald Trump is gonna be so played out:rolleyes:

A ..... sexy Trump?

Also so many Harley Quinns .... so many ICP Jokers ....

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 21, 2016

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

I also love Halloween very much, and I'm glad I'm not the only one already excited in August.

I'm getting all my decorations while they're still on discount, and on Halloween I'm going to be a witch with many potions, and the potions are cocktails that I drink, and maybe I'll barf in my hat.

And the movie I watch every year is The Halloween Tree

death sext fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 21, 2016

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

I moved almost a month ago, so I'm no longer a 5 minute walk away from the place.

The estate lawyer said it was being sold this summer for the lot value of $565,000. I said I was interested in purchasing some furniture from the place, but never heard anything back.

One of the last times I went by, the porch door was openable, so I was able to get a couple pics through the window of what the inside is like.

https://imgur.com/a/1RIaU

There's not really an interesting or exciting end to the story. I expect it will be bulldozed if anyone actually buys the place for half a million dollars.

death sext posted:

I also love Halloween very much, and I'm glad I'm not the only one already excited in August.

I'm getting all my decorations while they're still on discount, and on Halloween I'm going to be a witch with many potions, and the potions are cocktails that I drink, and maybe I'll barf in my hat.

And the movie I watch every year is The Halloween Tree

I gave up on Christmas a couple years ago and do Ghostmas now, so I get some really good deals on Halloween stuff in December. Fancy card stores have Halloween gift bags for 25 cents by December.

The fabric store near me has Halloween fabrics for 50% off still, but I don't know what I'd make. I don't even have a sewing machine. I just want to make something with Halloween fabrics.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nessa posted:

I gave up on Christmas a couple years ago and do Ghostmas now, so I get some really good deals on Halloween stuff in December. Fancy card stores have Halloween gift bags for 25 cents by December.
yeah christmas kinda sucks now, with amazon everyone just gets what they want when they want it anyway so I can only really give joke gifts

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah christmas kinda sucks now, with amazon everyone just gets what they want when they want it anyway so I can only really give joke gifts

That's not why I gave up Christmas. I gave up Christmas because I had been working retail and was absolutely sick of how I'd start to hear Christmas songs in the stores on November 1st. By mid-October, the Halloween stuff is pushed to a corner of the store and the Christmas stuff is brought to the front.

So I decided that instead of taking my Halloween decorations down after Halloween, I would ramp them up instead. I have a little black Ghostmas tree and everything gets wrapped in spooky wrapping paper.

My home has two seasons, summer and Halloween.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Nessa posted:

That's not why I gave up Christmas. I gave up Christmas because I had been working retail and was absolutely sick of how I'd start to hear Christmas songs in the stores on November 1st. By mid-October, the Halloween stuff is pushed to a corner of the store and the Christmas stuff is brought to the front.

So I decided that instead of taking my Halloween decorations down after Halloween, I would ramp them up instead. I have a little black Ghostmas tree and everything gets wrapped in spooky wrapping paper.

I like you :ghost:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nessa posted:

I see. As for myself, I like Christmas songs, but do not feel restricted to the winter season to enjoy them.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
I'm going to do what I do every Halloween, get drunk and watch Ghost Dad

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

:eyepop:

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
A decade ago I would watch those scary marathons in ABC Family. There was one show where they would send regular people to haunted places to spend the night and the narrator sounded old and sickly but somehow it was terrifying. They went to Vlad the impaler's castle, Alcatraz, old plantations that were haunted by the ghost of hoodoo slaves and stuff. No idea what that show was called but it was all in night vision

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

death sext posted:

I like you :ghost:

Thank you! :ghost:

AWarmBody posted:

A decade ago I would watch those scary marathons in ABC Family. There was one show where they would send regular people to haunted places to spend the night and the narrator sounded old and sickly but somehow it was terrifying. They went to Vlad the impaler's castle, Alcatraz, old plantations that were haunted by the ghost of hoodoo slaves and stuff. No idea what that show was called but it was all in night vision

That's probably Scariest Places on Earth. I used to watch it all the time when I was younger. Linda Blair (from The Exorcist) was the host and she would do her creepy possessed voiced for the narration. A normal family would be sent to a scary place to spent the night and they'd run around screaming with night vision cameras.

Most of it's on Youtube now.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Halloween is probably the best American holiday ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
My best halloween costume was Santa Claus- my six year old neighbor lost his mind when he saw me. To make it even better it snowed that night.

• Locked thread