Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
Halloween was cool up until I got to the age where everyone just kinda used it as an excuse to get drunk while cosplaying as sexy nuns or walking dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

ambient robot posted:

Halloween was cool up until I got to the age where everyone just kinda used it as an excuse to get drunk while cosplaying as sexy nuns or walking dicks.

Halloween is still cool. You've got stores selling big bags of candy. You've got horror movies on tv. And you've got people putting carved jack-o-lanterns on their front steps.

A few years ago, Nestle started rebranding their chocolate bars for Halloween. Smarties became "Scaries" and were orange and black. Aero became "Scaero", Coffee Crisp became "Coffin Crisp" and Kit Kat was just Kit Kat with a black cat on the packaging.

I look forward to buying a bag of mini Coffin Crisps.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ambient robot posted:

It sounds like Halloween is still cool but you are not.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I loving love Halloween

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I love christmas but I don't do any decorating before Rememberance Day which is November 11.
I adore Halloween too but I don't know what to dress as yet! we didn't get a lot of kids for candy last year because it was pouring rain.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

this year I live in a place with a balcony, so I have a whole new area to decorate. I think I'm going to carve a bunch of little pumpkins and line them up along the railing, and get orange and purple lights.

who is 100% jazzed for Halloween? me, right here

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I can't wait for the best holiday. I've got room to do a haunted garage thing at the house so I want to go all out. Plus I'll do trick or beer for the parents as always. Still no idea on costume though.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

death sext posted:

who is 100% jazzed for Halloween? me, right here

:spooky: :spooky::spooky: :spooky::spooky: :spooky::spooky: :spooky::spooky: :spooky::spooky: :spooky::spooky: :spooky::spooky: :spooky::spooky: :spooky:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my av has been wearing a Halloween costume since last year lol he's probably filthy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

Halloween is probably the best American holiday ever

A whole bunch of people in Australia will lose their poo poo and get really angry if any Australians talk about doing anything for Halloween because it's "TOO AMERICAN!" :argh: and we've never observed it here and rah rah rah. So I point out to them that it's actually a UK/Brittany tradition based on Druidic practices around the festival of Samhain (which apparently subsumed some Roman practices celebrating the goddess Pomona) and all the stuff done in the US like trick-or-treating (mumming/souling) and jack o'lanterns and bobbing for apples and dressing up in spooky costumes (guising) was borrowed from that part of the world, which is incidentally where Australia also got most of its other traditions and practices. Also there's a whole bunch of documented evidence that people observed Halloween in Australia as far back as the 1800s.

But lovely parochial Australians still bitch about how Halloween is un-Australian. Those close-minded fuckers. :mad:

Edit: they also bitch about how it's too commercial and how all the stores and supermarkets just use it as an excuse to sell cheap seasonal crap. People also BITCH LIKE CRAZY about kids knocking on their doors asking for lollies. They really, really bitch and whine like it's a massive imposition. People in this country suck.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Toriori posted:

I love christmas but I don't do any decorating before Rememberance Day which is November 11.
I adore Halloween too but I don't know what to dress as yet! we didn't get a lot of kids for candy last year because it was pouring rain.

We always used to wait until December 1st before decorating for Christmas as a kid.

It rained here too last year, but there were still tons of kids on the street because rain is preferable to the usual snow. It was super nice to have a Halloween where the decorations weren't buried under a foot of snow.

We were also able to do a Halloween witch ceremony out in the park around a fire because it was so nice out. We had pumpkin tarts and pomegranate soda while telling stories about dead people around the fire. :)

I'm planning on doing Morticia this year. Hopefully I can find a decent dress for cheap.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Think I'll hang out at the emergency room and get some gnarly pics of accident victims in ridiculous outfit this year

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Champenema posted:

Think I'll hang out at the emergency room and get some gnarly pics of accident victims in ridiculous outfit this year

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If anyone's looking for some inspiration for this year's costume we've got lots of photos of awesome costumes for goons in the PYF Cosplay thread!

Can we please bring back Fashion Swat Halloween edition

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

dat oompa loompa doe :q:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oh poo poo, backwards rear end man! :stare:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmSP5b_Mi6g

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Also so many Harley Quinns

your lips to god's ear, my friend

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
halloween in a college town is unspeakable bliss and unspeakable torment at the same time. all those hot girls dressed in next to nothing, and they want nothing in the world to do with you. :smith:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Horniest Manticore posted:

halloween in a college town is unspeakable bliss and unspeakable torment at the same time. all those hot girls dressed in next to nothing, and they want nothing in the world to do with you. :smith:

It's too bad too, I'm the solution to most women's sexual woes. :smuggo:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

What do you get when you dress like a creep?
a pair of rabbits pretending to weep.
But you should lay off eating doughnuts.
Your gut looks just like. a. gross. butt.

I don't like the look of it

On a slightly different note, what are your favorite halloween movies? I have to work tonight so I might as well get a list of things to watch.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Last year, I got a Halloween Tarot deck. It's pretty cool. The Emperor is the Frankenstein monster.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Tarot is pretty dumb, but Halloween is very very good.

The GF and I went to JoAnn's today before our movie, and looked at the patterns. We haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm thinking Dragon + Knight for a couple costume this year. Not 100& sure who's going to be who, but I've wanted a nice, versatile knight costume for a while now.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 22, 2016

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Skelentons, Frankingsteins, and Santa Clowns!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nessa posted:

Last year, I got a Halloween Tarot deck. It's pretty cool. The Emperor is the Frankenstein monster.

Where where where where?!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

A ..... sexy Trump?

Also so many Harley Quinns .... so many ICP Jokers ....

your reply depresses me because i just realized there will definitely be one unoriginal trump with no good impression even, at every party in the world

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Where where where where?!

It was at a comic con at a booth selling crystals and witchy paraphernalia.

Oddly, I've gotten two of my three Tarot decks at that comic con. The other one is a Persona deck.

Looks like the Halloween deck is on Amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/Halloween-Tarot-Deck-Kipling-West/dp/088079965X/ref=pd_cp_14_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D79CC32WPXTMXW9SXQTT

Even if you don't read Tarot or believe in it, the cards are really cool looking and make for a nice Halloween decoration. There are ghosts instead of cups, pumpkins instead of pentacles, imps instead of wands and bats instead of swords.

I keep that deck in a special "witch box" I made with candles and incense. I break it out when I want to feel mystical and spooky.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 22, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just..Just no more ponies, please :negative:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nessa posted:

It was at a comic con at a booth selling crystals and witchy paraphernalia.

Oddly, I've gotten two of my three Tarot decks at that comic con. The other one is a Persona deck.

Looks like the Halloween deck is on Amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/Halloween-Tarot-Deck-Kipling-West/dp/088079965X/ref=pd_cp_14_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D79CC32WPXTMXW9SXQTT

Even if you don't read Tarot or believe in it, the cards are really cool looking and make for a nice Halloween decoration. There are ghosts instead of cups, pumpkins instead of pentacles, imps instead of wands and bats instead of swords.

I keep that deck in a special "witch box" I made with candles and incense. I break it out when I want to feel mystical and spooky.

Thanks. I'm the same way. My house is littered with occult stuff even though I know it's all fake and dumb.
I just like the aesthetics.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
have u guys ever seen one of those horse masks lol so good

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Thread inspired me to throw a big Halloween party this year thank you

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

A whole bunch of people in Australia will lose their poo poo and get really angry if any Australians talk about doing anything for Halloween because it's "TOO AMERICAN!" :argh: and we've never observed it here and rah rah rah.

The best part is when the stupid fuckers get all :smuggo: over how "it's not even autumn here".
Then a month later they proceed to put up winter themed Christmas decorations in the middle of summer :saddowns:

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Halloween is the loving best, last year I was Hacksaw Jim Duggan. I find it's a good time of year to watch tons of horror movies and on the night itself it's good to get irresponsibly drunk and then later pass out while watching horror movies.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

kazr posted:

Thread inspired me to throw a big Halloween party this year thank you

can i come

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
Ahh Hallowe'en, where men dress as women and women dress as sexy women.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Hell yeah put together your best frog dog costume!!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

kazr posted:

Hell yeah put together your best frog dog costume!!

ok *comes dressed as normal*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I look forward to being relevant all the skeleton threads.

• Locked thread