Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
WHO DUNIT

Forward Toward
Aug 14, 2015

No Tank You. not today tanks. Tank you very much.

TANK TANK TANK

VRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

the first guy you said
Interesting.
I'm a phil marlowe man myself...

quote:

When I got home I mixed a stiff one and stood by the open window in the living room and sipped it and listened to the groundswell of traffic on Laurel Canyon Boulevard and looked at the glare of the big angry city hanging over the shoulder of the hills through which the boulevard had been cut. Far off the banshee wail of police or fire sirens rose and fell, never for very long completely silent. Twenty four hours a day somebody is running, somebody else is trying to catch him. Out there in the night of a thousand crimes, people were dying, being maimed, cut by flying glass, crushed against steering wheels or under heavy tires. People were being beaten, robbed, strangled, raped, and murdered. People were hungry, sick; bored, desperate with loneliness or remorse or fear, angry, cruel, feverish, shaken by sobs. A city no worse than others, a city rich and vigorous and full of pride, a city lost and beaten and full of emptiness. It all depends on where you sit and what your own private score is. I didn't have one. I didn't care. I finished the drink and went to bed.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Do police get jealous and angry at you or do they appreciate your help on cases they can't solve?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

gannyGrabber posted:

How many man's dongs have you touched while on a case? What's the max number for a single case? Do you touch dongs while not on a case?

most dongs touched in a single case was about twenty on that big Wah Ching bust

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Hi, I'm Kirk Hammett undercover pi.

hi

Beefeater posted:

How many high speed chases occur on any given day?

it depends but there's always at least one : when the receptionist brings the blintzes in before the morning brief

Blue Train posted:

what is your preferred drug to use when slipping someone a mickey

i respect the law too much to slip people knock out drugs

i prefer to punch them in the back of the head when they're not looking

Roargasm posted:

WHO DUNIT

caught red-handed you crook

Forward Toward posted:

I'm a phil marlowe man myself...

hi

Peebla posted:

Do police get jealous and angry at you or do they appreciate your help on cases they can't solve?

little known fact : police hate their uniforms and get jealous of anyone who's allowed to wear a suit on the job. also they can't arrest me just because they don't like me, it's win win

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't know anything about it but i'll do my best to answer your questions.
Deep Cover. This Guy's Good.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

how's it going with the Case of the Hidden Tootsie? did you ever find out how many licks it really takes? did you ever nab mr. owl?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
op, is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

do you take your rings off before you introduce some lippy broad to the back of your hand

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do you ever piss in your own mouth and rub feces on your desk, you know, to get into the minds of the criminals? Or do you even have a desk? Maybe you just live under a dock, hanging upside down like a bat? Waiting... Waiting... :shrug:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

alnilam posted:

how's it going with the Case of the Hidden Tootsie? did you ever find out how many licks it really takes? did you ever nab mr. owl?

i don't know, i always end up biting it

Hogge Wild posted:

op, is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

judging by the length of your rap sheet no one's ever happy to see you, creep

Blue Train posted:

do you take your rings off before you introduce some lippy broad to the back of your hand

no because that would show premeditation and completely mess up my claims of self defense

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Do you ever piss in your own mouth and rub feces on your desk, you know, to get into the minds of the criminals? Or do you even have a desk? Maybe you just live under a dock, hanging upside down like a bat? Waiting... Waiting... :shrug:

that's why i do it. sure, why not

of course i have a desk, you palooka. where do you think i put my feet up on.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
As a 1950s man myself I enjoy a hearty breakfast of seven cigarettes and a donut. Often with coffee. What regimen do you recommend for a man with your constitution?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I hear that every case is about a dame. Is this accurate?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Did you know she was trouble the moment you saw her silhouette on the frosted glass of your office door?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
do her legs end?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
When a dame walks in your office with a case what is the ratio of her being the perp or the victim ? I'll take my answer off the air, thanks for the discussion.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh, one more thing before I hang up. Did you know Turbo Textiles makes very dapper detective suits? Ok, thank you.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

the great deceiver got arrested by an undercover detective once, maybe he can chime in.... and save this pathetic op. :grin:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i am gonna go sign up at the police to go undercover as a drug addict how much walking around money do you think that they'll give me to buy drugs and keep up the ruse ??

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Blacktoll posted:

As a 1950s man myself I enjoy a hearty breakfast of seven cigarettes and a donut. Often with coffee. What regimen do you recommend for a man with your constitution?

i like a belt of whiskey with some aspirin crushed up ins

VendaGoat posted:

I hear that every case is about a dame. Is this accurate?

it's always a dame

alnilam posted:

Did you know she was trouble the moment you saw her silhouette on the frosted glass of your office door?

no i usually have to wait for the minute the dame walks through the door

Hogge Wild posted:

do her legs end?

they go up to her neck but they never quit

King of Bees posted:

When a dame walks in your office with a case what is the ratio of her being the perp or the victim ? I'll take my answer off the air, thanks for the discussion.

i jsut flip a coin and that's what goes in the report

King of Bees posted:

Oh, one more thing before I hang up. Did you know Turbo Textiles makes very dapper detective suits? Ok, thank you.

i'll get right on that lead thanks

OctoberBlues posted:

the great deceiver got arrested by an undercover detective once, maybe he can chime in.... and save this pathetic op. :grin:

that was me. im no patheti cop

thathonkey posted:

i am gonna go sign up at the police to go undercover as a drug addict how much walking around money do you think that they'll give me to buy drugs and keep up the ruse ??

you get one standard cash loaf but it's mostly just a few jacksons wrapped around a huge roll of singles

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i can make that work

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

thathonkey posted:

i can make that work

you got to go around shaking people down for bribes if you want to supplement your loaf but if you're anything like me you'll do that anyway

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Do you often need to crawl into dumpsters to look for clues? Do you ever find more than you bargained for?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
have you hosed watson

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i tried to be a public dick and now im a sex offender ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Where is the jade monkey and who killed Hildebrand?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Do you often need to crawl into dumpsters to look for clues? Do you ever find more than you bargained for?

yes but im often in dumpsters for unrelated reasons anyway, the clues are a bonus

Hogge Wild posted:

have you hosed watson

watson works for sherlock holmes who is a "consulting detective", totally different line of work. but yes i have hosed watson

JakeP posted:

i tried to be a public dick and now im a sex offender ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

the law is a tightrope, hung between tenements of despair over a filthy, poo poo encrusted alleyway. let the zip of justice slide down even for a minute and you'll plummet from that tightrope like a drunk to the bottom of a bottle of whiskey and your name will be all over the sex offenders registry of sex offenders before you can say "you're flying at half mast, bucko". coulda happened to any of us.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Where is the jade monkey and who killed Hildebrand?

check the glove compartment and john ragland respectively

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Give me your best, "A dame walks in", monologue.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Are you a smooth operator? As a private dick, do you ever go gay for pay?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Where do you poop when doing a stakeout?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

King of Bees posted:

same place i usually poop .. into my center console

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Is it a 7/11 coffee cup?I know it's a 7/11 coffee cup.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

thathonkey posted:

same place i usually poop .. into my center console

I wasnt asking you, duh

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

VendaGoat posted:

Give me your best, "A dame walks in", monologue.

She walked through my door like a used-car salesman homing in on a mark — a high school maths teacher from Tuscon trading sideways from some beat up jalopy to another, trying to convince himself that a different ride might give him a new lease at life, maybe rekindle some of the sparks he used to see in his wife's eyes before they had the children and grew cold and apart, indifferent to one another as they went through the daily motions. His jacket, worn at the elbows from too much teaching, his shabby chinos buffed and shiny with age, his scuffed shoes, the patchy, grey mustache and musty toupee all speaks of a desperate man, a crumpled and lonely victim of the modern world, living paycheck to paycheck and staring over the grim precipice of redundancy, teetering on the very edge of relevance. One more push from that principal - a younger man, still with a full head of hair, earning twice what the faded old maths teacher's bringing home, living high on the hog and not giving a drat about the little guy, a guy no longer on the up-and-up or even stalled in the slow lane of middle age but somewhere near the beginning of the downward slide into yhe black night of senility - and he'd be gone, another nobody disappearing into the void of nowhere, with no one to miss him or even mark his passage. The saleman has his number and moves in for the kill, his mouth full of glittering teeth like a leopard shark, ready to take this guy for all he's worth - not much, perhaps, but in this topsy-turvey world it's kill or be killed and you take what you can get. Nothing personal, but sometimes you've got a yard full of dinged-up 1980 Crestas you've got to shift. No, this guy will pay sticker price on the 1979 Datsun 310 with moderate rust. The Datsun 310, a creditable successor to the Cherry F-II line of motor vehicles and known overseas variously as the Nissan Pulsar and the Nissan Cherry, was a hard sell thanks to its lack of an automatic shifter, its small size and its cost compared to the more popular 210. Still, he sizes the guy up just like this dame was eyeballing me, he'll take the car, I'd take the case. And just like this salesman, she was bad to the bone, overselling on servicing and options, charging extra for rustproofing, chucking a few bucks onto the bill for kicking the tires before shoving the unpopular vehicle out of the lot and into some poor sap's life. That maths teacher would thank the salesman for the grift, just like I thanked the broad for coming to me with her tale. She was tall, like the Toyota Cresta in relation to the Datsun 310, with legs that stretched as long as the mileage on that beat-up old rustbucket. You could tell she'd been round the block once or twice even if she dolled herself up to turn back the clock much like the salesman using his drill on the Datsun 310's odometer to make it look as though it had traversed fewer miles than it had in fact traversed. But her dress, plunging at the neckline like the resale value of that Datsun as it putters off that sunblasted lot in Tuscon made it all worthwhile, her cleavage as deep as the crack the old teacher failed to spot in the Datsun's rocker cover before signing the papers. He must have known deep down that car'd be trouble, and I should've listened to that same voice, growling deep in the back pf my mind, telling me to show this tramp to the door. But it was too late - she was sauntering over to me like that Datsun 310 snaking its way through the Patagonia - Sonoita Scenic Road, smoke curling from her lips like the oil burning away on that cracked engine, and she had me. She sat down across from me, leaned over the desk and began spinning her story - a web of lies and deceit, but I was on the hook like that maths teacher for that loan on a broken down old Datsun 310.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Do you have a web of informants throughout the city who put themselves at considerable risk to keep you informed of evildoers' plots? Have you considered betraying them?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

She walked through my door like a used-car salesman homing in on a mark — a high school maths teacher from Tuscon trading sideways from some beat up jalopy to another, trying to convince himself that a different ride might give him a new lease at life, maybe rekindle some of the sparks he used to see in his wife's eyes before they had the children and grew cold and apart, indifferent to one another as they went through the daily motions. His jacket, worn at the elbows from too much teaching, his shabby chinos buffed and shiny with age, his scuffed shoes, the patchy, grey mustache and musty toupee all speaks of a desperate man, a crumpled and lonely victim of the modern world, living paycheck to paycheck and staring over the grim precipice of redundancy, teetering on the very edge of relevance. One more push from that principal - a younger man, still with a full head of hair, earning twice what the faded old maths teacher's bringing home, living high on the hog and not giving a drat about the little guy, a guy no longer on the up-and-up or even stalled in the slow lane of middle age but somewhere near the beginning of the downward slide into yhe black night of senility - and he'd be gone, another nobody disappearing into the void of nowhere, with no one to miss him or even mark his passage. The saleman has his number and moves in for the kill, his mouth full of glittering teeth like a leopard shark, ready to take this guy for all he's worth - not much, perhaps, but in this topsy-turvey world it's kill or be killed and you take what you can get. Nothing personal, but sometimes you've got a yard full of dinged-up 1980 Crestas you've got to shift. No, this guy will pay sticker price on the 1979 Datsun 310 with moderate rust. The Datsun 310, a creditable successor to the Cherry F-II line of motor vehicles and known overseas variously as the Nissan Pulsar and the Nissan Cherry, was a hard sell thanks to its lack of an automatic shifter, its small size and its cost compared to the more popular 210. Still, he sizes the guy up just like this dame was eyeballing me, he'll take the car, I'd take the case. And just like this salesman, she was bad to the bone, overselling on servicing and options, charging extra for rustproofing, chucking a few bucks onto the bill for kicking the tires before shoving the unpopular vehicle out of the lot and into some poor sap's life. That maths teacher would thank the salesman for the grift, just like I thanked the broad for coming to me with her tale. She was tall, like the Toyota Cresta in relation to the Datsun 310, with legs that stretched as long as the mileage on that beat-up old rustbucket. You could tell she'd been round the block once or twice even if she dolled herself up to turn back the clock much like the salesman using his drill on the Datsun 310's odometer to make it look as though it had traversed fewer miles than it had in fact traversed. But her dress, plunging at the neckline like the resale value of that Datsun as it putters off that sunblasted lot in Tuscon made it all worthwhile, her cleavage as deep as the crack the old teacher failed to spot in the Datsun's rocker cover before signing the papers. He must have known deep down that car'd be trouble, and I should've listened to that same voice, growling deep in the back pf my mind, telling me to show this tramp to the door. But it was too late - she was sauntering over to me like that Datsun 310 snaking its way through the Patagonia - Sonoita Scenic Road, smoke curling from her lips like the oil burning away on that cracked engine, and she had me. She sat down across from me, leaned over the desk and began spinning her story - a web of lies and deceit, but I was on the hook like that maths teacher for that loan on a broken down old Datsun 310.

Not bad.

I'd vote less, but it wouldn't be my style. :five:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Colonel Cancer posted:

Are you a smooth operator? As a private dick, do you ever go gay for pay?

i'm as smooth as the bathtub whisky in my hipflask. i'm an undercover detective so i have to clear my sidelines with the police department. luckily they're ok with professional sodomy

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

King of Bees posted:

doing a stakeout is what PIs call taking a dump so usually a construction site

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Do you have a web of informants throughout the city who put themselves at considerable risk to keep you informed of evildoers' plots? Have you considered betraying them?

no, i keep rolling over on them for cash

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Describe your dream vehicle for stakeouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

How many thrilling government conspiracies solved by finding the one thread of evidence with a dramatic reveal have you been involved in bub?

• Locked thread