Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Sancho posted:

They are huge hillary fans

Yeah they really have a thing against the religious persecution stuff that Trump always boasts about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dogmeat posted:

lol didn't some little black girl get kidnapped around the same time but had the pluck to gnaw her way through her bindings and escape but nobody cared about it because a white girl was missing?

yea lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Neat thread, I made a Kansas one that was about how Far Right leadership is loving up that state, didn't know about Utah and it's cult thing

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

So Brigham Young looked like a racist 1800s "me so rikey" Chinaman caricature?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
zion is a seriously cool national park but doing 900ft of elevation hike at 2km high already in 40c heat is brutal

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Sancho posted:

They are huge hillary fans

Nobody here likes Trump. After he made the whole "bugging mosques" comment the church came out to remind us that it's apolitical but that they should vote for whoever they want, but especially someone who respects religious liberty. Salt Lake's been full Blue for a while but everybody else is sweating over the fact that they may have to vote non-Republican for the first time. There was a news story on KSL the other day about how some LDS democrats made a statement explaining how the democratic party supports family values so it's okay to be a democrat. Hopefully in a few years we can change the lovely liquor laws so people stop thinking we're so loving bizarre

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
Godforsaken savages

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i heard they let you have more than one wife there

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org

MrSlam posted:

Nobody here likes Trump. After he made the whole "bugging mosques" comment the church came out to remind us that it's apolitical but that they should vote for whoever they want, but especially someone who respects religious liberty. Salt Lake's been full Blue for a while but everybody else is sweating over the fact that they may have to vote non-Republican for the first time. There was a news story on KSL the other day about how some LDS democrats made a statement explaining how the democratic party supports family values so it's okay to be a democrat. Hopefully in a few years we can change the lovely liquor laws so people stop thinking we're so loving bizarre

Utah will vote for trump over Hillary by a large margin.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Fairly good national parks, among the arid subset.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pick posted:

Fairly good national parks, among the arid subset.

post your best national parks i need to know which to go to that i haven't seen

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Triggered posted:

Utah will vote for trump over Hillary by a large margin.

Doubtful

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

has anyone willingly watched Punks Dead: SLC Punk 2 yet

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

hillary is the type of politician they're used to voting for

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

The reddest of the red states aint doing a sudden u-turn. Hillary is a baby eating monster and even worse a woman. That poo poo aint gonna fly when push comes to shove.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

she's not even human

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Triggered posted:

The reddest of the red states aint doing a sudden u-turn. Hillary is a baby eating monster and even worse a woman. That poo poo aint gonna fly when push comes to shove.

His polls in Utah are showing him and Hillary are tied. It's not going to be a clear cut victory.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

i thought the mountains were fire. it would be more appropriate.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

MrSlam posted:

His polls in Utah are showing him and Hillary are tied. It's not going to be a clear cut victory.

Polls dont mean poo poo. I would put my house on trump winning by a large margin, the fight hasnt even started yet. Pro life, religious freedom (for Christians), more money for the military and a nice photo op with an lds leader or three. Trump will play Utah like a loving fiddle.

I will give you one thing though, he may have to put a slight bit of work in rather than ignoring it completely because of the guaranteed win like other politicians have been able to do.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I made the mistake of taking my Mormon coworker on a couple dates. The girl is weird, is what I'm saying.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Utah and everyone that lives there is terrible. I don't even have any jokes, their delusions and hypocrisy knows no bounds. They're all the worst kind of people.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Utah and everyone that lives there is terrible. I don't even have any jokes, their delusions and hypocrisy knows no bounds. They're all the worst kind of people.

yeah. they're like anime fans in that they all think they're one of the good ones but they are all horrible

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i like the neon trees

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Triggered posted:

Polls dont mean poo poo. I would put my house on trump winning by a large margin, the fight hasnt even started yet. Pro life, religious freedom (for Christians), more money for the military and a nice photo op with an lds leader or three. Trump will play Utah like a loving fiddle.

I will give you one thing though, he may have to put a slight bit of work in rather than ignoring it completely because of the guaranteed win like other politicians have been able to do.

Haha Trump won't be playing anywhere at all like a fiddle. Even staunch Republicans are distancing themselves; Trump is going to lose by a huge margin.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Tumble posted:

Haha Trump won't be playing anywhere at all like a fiddle. Even staunch Republicans are distancing themselves; Trump is going to lose by a huge margin.

Trump will lose no doubt, but he will win Utah and it wont be close. Trump or the devil incarnate Clinton, its no contest.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

zion is a seriously cool national park but doing 900ft of elevation hike at 2km high already in 40c heat is brutal

Walter's Wiggles!

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

more republicans voted for trump in the primaries than any other GOP candidate ever.

Machine Cult
Dec 23, 2005

A TEXT IS HERE
I'm drinking a cup of coffee and a beer right now. Utah can suck it.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

OctoberBlues posted:

Are you sure you're remembering that right? I tried to find booze at a convenience store in Utah, failed, and looked up the law that says they can't it sell it there.

idk maybe it was a liquor store but i didn't see any liquor, just beer, and it was open at midnight

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

wyoming? has stranger liquor laws. i went into a shop to buy beer and there was a bar and a musician but all the beer was in fridges in packs and not on tap and it was redneck as gently caress and i didn't know what the gently caress i was doing being english and couldn't understand what anyone said. i just stuck a pack on the counter and offered a 20 and got change and thats my story of buying beer in wyoming

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Parallax Scroll posted:

idk maybe it was a liquor store but i didn't see any liquor, just beer, and it was open at midnight

You can buy low alcohol 3% beers at grocery stores and gas stations and convenience stores. Liquor and wines and beer 4% and up can be bought at state liquor stores.

You no longer have to have a membership to a bar to get a drink there.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Triggered posted:

Trump will lose no doubt, but he will win Utah and it wont be close. Trump or the devil incarnate Clinton, its no contest.

Hillary could improve her image among the non-crazy right if she works at it. She stood by her man even when he cheated on her, that's good traditional family values right there. She's older, well past her baby making days, and older women can be wise and sensible. Post-menopausal women are barely female at all.

Ultimately she is buisness-as-usual. You know what you're going to get with her: more of the same. She's an old white guy in a dress. I can see a lot of moderate republicans holding their noses and voting for her, hoping the republicans come up with someone better in 4 years, rather than risking 8 years of Trump.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Hillary could improve her image among the non-crazy right if she works at it. She stood by her man even when he cheated on her, that's good traditional family values right there. She's older, well past her baby making days, and older women can be wise and sensible. Post-menopausal women are barely female at all.

My recent experience with post-menopausal women is that they take forever to choose which stamps to buy when they are in front of you in line at the post office and all you want to do is get your box from amazon.

Thanks that's my old lady story.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Facebook Aunt posted:

Ultimately she is buisness-as-usual. You know what you're going to get with her: more of the same. She's an old white guy in a dress. I can see a lot of moderate republicans holding their noses and voting for her, hoping the republicans come up with someone better in 4 years, rather than risking 8 years of Trump.

Lol, like Utah is the non crazy right. They are nuts the lot of them, Satan himself would win in Utah if he had an R next to his name. Jesus could come down to endorse Hillary and Utah still wouldnt vote for her.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

DetroitVectorSmooth posted:

they make some good stepford wives there though

This woman was recently found guilty of child abuse (of some kind, not sure) and custodial interference. The dude she was trying to "custodially interfere" with apparently robbed a bank, so she didn't want him visiting with one of the KenBrynLee kids anymore. So the bank robbing ex sued her for child abuse and custodial interference. Weird.

Also, I think Utah is one of the most beautiful states in the union.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's overrun with horny mormon women.

Also Salt Lake is a pretty livable city with good mass transit, low cost of living and many larger tech companies have started setting up shop.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

The best goddamn waffle I ever had in my life was in Salt Lake so GG Mormons I guess.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

it's overrun with horny mormon women.

Also Salt Lake is a pretty livable city with good mass transit, low cost of living and many larger tech companies have started setting up shop.

That place is run by a cult and ok but North Carolina is too right wing now for tech? Such bullshit.

bald gnome error
Feb 9, 2011
this list of Utah Names absolutely can't all be real but if even half of them are then i'm happy

http://wesclark.com/ubn/faves.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Aside from it being slightly more inconvenient to get liquor, Utah is no different from any other state.

• Locked thread