Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New Lantern Corps rings looking good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
So do you think bucklebombs are getting axed?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Apparently Finn dislocated his shoulder :smith:

"link posted:

Finn Balor defeated Seth Rollins at WWE’s SummerSlam pay-per-view last night, but as it turns out, the match didn’t go over quite as smoothly as it appeared on television.

According to WWE.com, Finn Balor was injured during his match against Seth Rollins. The company confirmed on its website that Balor sustained an injury when Rollins threw him into the barricade, and this movie caused Balor’s shoulder to become dislocated.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Balor’s arm was reportedly in a sling after the pay-per-view ended, and there has been concern that he might need surgery.

The WWE also notes that Balor is scheduled to receive a surgical consult that will determine how serious the injury is. Ringside physician Dr. Chris Robinson told WWE.com that Balor is facing a “a possible labrum tear.” For what it’s worth, the WWE superstar appeared on Good Morning America on Monday morning and was not sporting a sling of any sort.

If the injury is serious, though, this is a massive development that would dramatically alter the WWE’s plans for September. At SummerSlam, Balor won the WWE Universal Championship, which is Monday Night Raw‘s top title and equivalent to SmackDown‘s World Championship. Balor was to headline every Raw show for the next few weeks, and the company has devoted quite a bit of time to building The Demon King up as the top guy since he was drafted to Raw. Writing him out of the storyline would be quite difficult at this point.

WWE.com’s official preview implies that Balor will be present for tonight’s Raw, but this was written before the superstar would have received his medical evaluation.

This is not the first time a WWE performer has been injured during a match with Seth Rollins. In July 2015, Rollins accidentally broke John Cena’s nose, giving Cena an injury that took him out of commission for a few weeks.

“I felt so bad,” Rollins said of the mistake. “It was just a knee, we were trading shots and I threw a high knee just for some separation so we could get to whatever the next thing we were doing was and for whatever reason…look, John’ll be the first guy to admit he’s a clumsy fella. He’s not a graceful individual.”

Retired wrestler Bret Hart has in the past called out Seth Rollins for what he described as “reckless” behavior in the ring.

“You can’t hurt somebody like that under any circumstances,” Hart said. “It’s totally reckless. It can’t happen.”

That happened near the beginning of the match didn't it? gently caress that must have sucked.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A dislocated shoulder is a lot better than a tear at least

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Can't wait for Bret Hart to lay into Rollins again about injuring people. I felt bad when Seth was talking on Jericho's podcast about getting hurt by Bret saying he was a bad wrestler for breaking Cena's nose, but this was a real bad spot that he put too much into from a bad distance. Now, I don't know if Finn should've been looking backwards right then, or if he was getting ready to get tossed and it happened too quickly, but I'm willing to put the blame on Seth at this point.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

spermgod is currently racing to the motyc thread now that the finn/seth match resulted in someone needing surgery

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Finn had his arm back and it got caught on the railing. I initially thought he hurt his hand but yeah, shoulder makes sense.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/bizmarkiedesade/status/767863632617086977

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Dean Ambrose retained his midcard championship, that was my take because it was featured before the US title

Finn getting a 1 day title reign with All Red Everything? New title still not the main event? I was tired and went to sleep; watched the rest in the morning

pretty sure the good guy doesn't keep coming back to beat up the injured champ. I am just going to go with that assumption when booing Roman Reigns over America's greatest champion Rusev

Randy Orton sure did bleed good at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm pretty sure Randy Orton was All Red Everything.

• Locked thread