Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If the ending went as planned, what a stupid loving ending. If that was what they had to improvise, what a stupid loving way to improvise.

Also, these 4 hour PPVs are just too long.

Sasha/Charlotte is my match of the night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
They've done the "if you get juice from intentionally hardwaying somebody its ok" bullshit before, just now it bit them in the rear end in the inevitable way of having a dude get legit hosed up by it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jerusalem posted:

Just caught up on the end of Summerslam.... why was that the end of Summerslam? :confused:

Because Brock committed attempted murder and they had to go home real quick

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Chokes McGee posted:

Because Brock committed attempted murder and they had to go home real quick

some agent told him to clock orton to get juice, I would bet... just the inevitable result of being that dumb happened

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

lol why would you choose after WM32 to get back into it of all times

no i got it right before that wrestlemania and that was real bad too

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Dean Ambrose is a bad wrestler with a tired moveset and he sounds drunk on the mic

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dean ambrose is a good wrestler and a good man for beating hated and bad person dog ziggler.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
that match sucked and Dean was the reason it sucked

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Summerslam 2016: Well, the match looked good on paper

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
All the matches were bad and the crowd was dead. Bobby Roodes entrance got a bigger pop than anything at Summerslam.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

African AIDS cum posted:

All the matches were bad and the crowd was dead. Bobby Roodes entrance got a bigger pop than anything at Summerslam.

Most of Summerslam was better than Bobby Roode so that sounds like some mixed up crowds.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Wouldn't be surprised if it was gonna be TKO from just Brock doing the ground and pound too much, Randy might've said, "juice me", Brock rolls him over a bit, and then the first elbow doesn't do it, so he puts too much into the second elbow and opens him up. TKO isn't a bad idea for a finish with a monster, but the way it went, it was just a wet bloody fart in terms of timing and pacing. If they say Brock was in kayfabe getting revenge for a punt attempt, I'd buy it, but poo poo, that was nasty.

The rest of the card was meh, and I wish Ziggler/Ambrose had more time so they could've maybe done a few more fun spots. Felt too scared after the botches in the Sasha/Charlotte match to feel good about it. Finn/Seth and Cena/AJ were great, but the crowd booing the Universal belt over paying attention to the loving match was some, "worse than Full Sail," garbage. Crews is dead in the water after losing the Miz, and lmao at Nikki's return being higher on the card than the Women's Championship match. I already forgot the New Day match.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

MrDru posted:

up next, holy Foley! see you on thunder

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
lot of marks who think brock shot on randy because hes "unsafe" or was mad at him. lmao

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fiveace Attorney posted:

lot of marks who think brock shot on randy because hes "unsafe" or was mad at him. lmao

He can be unsafe and not have shot on him you goober.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Lesnar couldn't control his rage.

His roid rage that is.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Update on Orton is 10 staples in his head.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I have staples in my head, they really hurt, I might be dead

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The first 50% of that ppv was decent.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Mark Hunt is lucky Brock took it easy on him, that's the lesson I learned tonight. Also, there were 0 matches on Takeover that were better than Styles/Cena

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He can be unsafe and not have shot on him you goober.

The blood was intentional. Was it unsafe? Yeah, totally! Was it meant to happen this way? Absolutely.

If people didn't like it fine, but this was absolutely a planned spot lets stop pretending it wasn't.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Mark Hunt is lucky Brock took it easy on him, that's the lesson I learned tonight. Also, there were 0 matches on Takeover that were better than Styles/Cena
True, but Styles/Cena was a once in a lifetime type match. The top 3 matches of Takerover were as good or better than any match not Styles/Cena

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

DeathChicken posted:

You mighta just redeemed the main event bud.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

Need surgery...Need surgeryyyyyyeaaaaaaahhh

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

African AIDS cum posted:

I started watching wwe again after 15 years this last wrestlemania and I'm done again. Wow that was a horrible PPV. I actually fell asleep during it. Lol at Cena - Styles being a match of the year candidate there were like 5 better matches on takeover. Cancelling the network now. that was so dire.

I feel ya, to a certain extent. I got my friend in to pro wrestling for the first time in his life this year and we've been watching WWE PPVs together for the past 4-5 months now and it's been a lot of fun overall but with this Summerslam PPV he's realized how badly bloated things are. Commercials. Comedy segments. Filler matches that are worthless and could be on RAW. Promos. Talking head segments from pre-show people in the back. All of this garbage, just to get to the maybe three to four good to really good matches/stories that ultimately feels like a big time suck.

After this Summerslam we are taking a break from WWE. I'll save the good matches for him to watch at a later time but there's no way we are going to spend 4-5 hours on nonsense anymore just to watch it live.

So before he left last night, I teased him with an random Okada vs Makabe title match from 2013 in NJPW. Even with how exhausted he was they were good enough to keep him interested. He was amazed at how much more intense the Japanese performances were and how the work rate is through the roof compared to WWE's big match design where a guy hits a move, kick out and they both lay around for 10-15 seconds.

Between giving him a taste of the best Japan has to offer mixed in with NXT stuff he's been missing out on... our pro wrestling monthly watching sessions are about to get reaaaaally good. I don't think we'll miss WWE PPVs.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I agree but the tag team championship was close.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Those two elbows were probably the most damaging strikes of Lesnars career.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Lol that lesner is going to get any heat over this

Vince probably jizzed in his pants while he was watching it, and then again when he hit shane

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Mr. Nice! posted:

Those two elbows were probably the most damaging strikes of Lesnars career.

Nostalgia wants me to say that caveman straight he hit Heath Herring with was more damaging but you're probably right.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

beggar posted:

Nostalgia wants me to say that caveman straight he hit Heath Herring with was more damaging but you're probably right.

iirc that shot fractured Heath's orbital so you're actually probably correct

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Slightly Toasted posted:

Lol that lesner is going to get any heat over this

Vince probably jizzed in his pants while he was watching it, and then again when he hit shane

Are you trying to imply the F5 on Shane was a shoot F5? :laffo:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I loved the in-time reaction to Orton getting opened up:

:haw: Whoa, we got color
*seconds later*
:stare: Oh dear god

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm sorry but "Non-finish"? He killed a man to the point the man couldn't stand up. That's a pretty definitive finish! He was not disqualified for kicking too much rear end, he was awarded for murdering a man. Randy Orton died and Lesnar was rewarded with a victory.

It'd be one thing if it was a draw or a DQ, but no, this was Brock Lesnar, beast of a man fresh off murdering Mark Hunt, faced down Randy Orton and murdered him.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

bradzilla posted:

If you watch the tape at 1/64th speed you can see that Brock mouths 'gently caress you bitch' at Shane and Shane goes 'oh poo poo' before the F5, also, Brock was in a roid rage state (visible by the size of his pupils) further, it's a classic fencing response when Shane hits the canvas

definitely a shoot

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
How were the Network subscriptions before and after SummerSlam? Based on how Raw's ratings turn out, maybe we'll see more of Brock Lesnar shoot murdering other WWE wrestlers until Raw is just three hours of Paul Heyman talking about how much of a beast Brock Lesnar is.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I presume garbage-tier-worker Charlotte winning the belt only happened so she can lose it to Bayley in 10 seconds on Raw tonight and then Charlotte gets released from the company due to everyone's complete apathy at her very existence?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

^^^ Charlotte got the belt because Sasha is as dumb as Daniel Bryan ^^^

bradzilla posted:

how did you even get that from his post

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

I presume garbage-tier-worker Charlotte winning the belt only happened so she can lose it to Bayley in 10 seconds on Raw tonight and then Charlotte gets released from the company due to everyone's complete apathy at her very existence?

No, tonight her feud with Dana starts because she realized she didn't need her to win leading up to their non title grudge match at survivor series while nia squashes bitches and the other ladies have a match now and then. Then bayley gets called up and snipes the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/RavenCyarm/status/767570383591518208

• Locked thread