Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax
Last summer I rode my bicycle from Boston to Portland OR and it was loving awesome. Here's a gallery of the pictures I took along the way: http://imgur.com/a/HMjHl

All shot with a Leica M2 and 50mm Zeiss on 400TX. Every few weeks I went to a post office and sent the film to a friend who processed it and sent me back scans.

Where have you guys gone and what kind of pictures did you end up taking?

The XKCD Larper fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I went to Taco Bell in Iceland to do some food photography.

Taco Bell by Jason the Hutt, on Flickr

Shot with a 5d3 and Sigma 35/1.4 Art.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Hey, I went to Starbucks in Paris to do some food photography!

I don't have a DSLR though so mine was taken with an iPhone 5S. I did turn off the autoflash though, so it's professional.

Also that's not even my real name, French idiots.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I walked from Annapolis, MD to Kodiak, AK to get the inheritance (picture below) my grandfather left me with nothing but a copy of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and my Leica MP.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
^^That's a great read.

My wife made me an awesome sandwich for lunch today. It really made my day.

Just to keep on that Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance good read topic. I've traveled a little over 120k miles via 2 wheels and can't recommend travelling this way enough. It's tough now with kids and poo poo, but if you're still single (or if your SO likes travelling on the bike), you should do it. Longest trip we were able to do was 8k miles in 20 days. We headed for Alaska, but ran out of time and had to head home. 17 years until retirement and we are hoping for a round the world trip. :)

Couple random poo poo pics from travels:

Somewhere in Colorado:

New Mexico:

This was around Jasper BC if I remember right. Taking pics while moving is somewhat difficult, but this road from Banff to Jasper is one of my most memorable stretches.

Somewhere in Nova Scotia. I think cabot trail area, but can't remember.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 25, 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i walked around the globe and only took a single photograph... here it is

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

please let me know before you post a picture of me, thx

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

Thoogsby posted:

I walked from Annapolis, MD to Kodiak, AK to get the inheritance (picture below) my grandfather left me with nothing but a copy of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and my Leica MP.

cool

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Vienna is a beautiful city full of culture and wonderful architecture. The Danube provides a powerful focus for some of the most dramatic cityscapes in Europe.

untitled-22.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I took a picture of my dick, inside your mom, I'm your dad now. son

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

i trekked across all of north america, climbed three of the highest peaks on the continent, but really all that pales in comparison to this beautiful photograph i took while in the serengeti.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I drove to New Mexico to fail at taking pictures of the Perseids and got my Prius really dirty. People stared at me on the highway.

This is actually the best picture of the whole trip.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

i trekked across all of north america, climbed three of the highest peaks on the continent, but really all that pales in comparison to this beautiful photograph i took while in the serengeti.

im the garden at the centre

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

urgel does quality work imo

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Karl Barks posted:

urgel does quality work imo

you don't even need a phone number, just ask anyone where the urg at

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
they say if you whisper the words to dave matthews "crash into me" into the rear view mirror of your car while closing your eyes and swerving he will find you

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I didn't realize Canadian Tire had expanded to the Serengeti. I'll have to visit there now, I was going to give it a miss before. But this changes things.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

HookShot posted:

I didn't realize Canadian Tire had expanded to the Serengeti. I'll have to visit there now, I was going to give it a miss before. But this changes things.

there's a tim hortons too but there were a bunch of angry bonobos that flung poop at me and openly masturbated whenever i tried to get close

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

there's a tim hortons too but there were a bunch of angry bonobos that flung poop at me and openly masturbated whenever i tried to get close

nice "I had sex" post

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
went to dunkin donuts for coffee and found a bonus burrito

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
oh and gently caress yall for coming to new mexico and not buying me a beer

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Interact face to face with a goon or any other human being? Are you crazy?

(trick question: the answer is yes)

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Whitezombi posted:

oh and gently caress yall for coming to new mexico and not buying me a beer

I'm coming back again. The back roads from the VLA to silver city/gila cliff dwelling area are worth a second visit. Plus I need to go to Utah for another swingin' steak.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I didn't get to visit southwest NM, I spent most of my time in the northern parts. Some stunning scenery up that way too, the loop from Los Alamos to Cuba then south along route 550 is pretty great stuff.

I hosed up at Shiprock, prior to my trip I had read it was okay to visit as long as you didn't mess around with the pinnacle itself, then when I got back I found an article stating that as of July this year they don't want anyone climbing on the dikes at all, and non-native americans should stay on the main road. Guess what I did. :smith:

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

Whitezombi posted:

went to dunkin donuts for coffee and found a bonus burrito

5 bucks , square, stone cold, cash take it or leave it bruddah

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I went to town on my day off. Considered this offer but my passenger side window won't roll up all the way.

clean & safe by S M, on Flickr

There's a 1" gap at the top of the door. The window motor makes a clicking sound. I need to get it fixed. Instead I bought more film.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Instead I bought more film.

attaboy

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

Bubbacub posted:

I went to Taco Bell in Iceland to do some food photography.

Taco Bell by Jason the Hutt, on Flickr

Shot with a 5d3 and Sigma 35/1.4 Art.

Whats in the container? Poopoo, that you eat?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

uhhh hmmm...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm not sure your avatars are using quite enough vertical space, can you fix that?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i wish i could, but we'll have to wait until election day. when i will almost certainly be banned

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

The XKCD Larper posted:

Whats in the container? Poopoo, that you eat?

Close, its hákarl. You can mix it with Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes for a kind of janky fish n chips

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Bubbacub posted:

Close, its a hot karl.

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

Lol

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

That's also good with Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bubbacub posted:

That's also good with Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes

I don't think there's anything that wouldn't be good with cheesy potatoes

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Hahahah man that's loving gross.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

• Locked thread