Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Seriously, imagine the delicate deliciousness of lump crab meat placed on top of a tangy sour pickle? It sounds like a match made in heaven to me! Maybe throw it on a ritz cracker, maybe put some hot sauce on it? Goddamn that sounds good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
you are making me hungy OP. hungy for turds!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

R I P we just killed the crab

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

just ray posted:

you are making me hungy OP. hungy for turds!

sounds like a real pickle

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

Seriously, imagine the delicate deliciousness of lump crab meat placed on top of a tangy sour pickle? It sounds like a match made in heaven to me! Maybe throw it on a ritz cracker, maybe put some hot sauce on it? Goddamn that sounds good!

What's with putting hot sauce on everything nowadays? Hot sauce sucks.

Except Siracha. Siracha is good poo poo.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Applewhite posted:

hot sauce is good in beer cheese soup

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Well the world is your oyster when putting crab on a pickle, you can do whatever you please! Mustard, raisins, steak sauce, whatevs!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

just ray posted:

hot sauce is good in beer cheese soup

The only soup I eat is the French Onion soup served at McGeddigan's Pub and Bell.

I have ended friendships over this.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Applewhite posted:

The only soup I eat is the French Onion soup served at McGeddigan's Pub and Bell.

I have ended friendships over this.

i like good french onion soup. they have a good one at the chop house

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

just ray posted:

i like good french onion soup. they have a good one at the chop house

No they don't chop house is poo poo.

McGeddigan's or nothing.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
At McGeddigan's they take Swiss cheese and crumble it delicately over croutons that have been soaked in beer. The cheese bubbles over the lip of the bowl and down the side and overflows the saucer onto the table.

It's the Fuckin' best.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Applewhite posted:

No they don't chop house is poo poo.

McGeddigan's or nothing.

fine :mad:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Applewhite posted:

At McGeddigan's they take Swiss cheese and crumble it delicately over croutons that have been soaked in beer. The cheese bubbles over the lip of the bowl and down the side and overflows the saucer onto the table.

It's the Fuckin' best.

i'm great at soups.

broth? ingredients? no problem

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Where is this "McGeddigans" or are you misspelling the name of your favorite restaurant?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I probably eat at McGeddigan's eight or nine times a week just for their French Onion soup.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

nah

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

Where is this "McGeddigans" or are you misspelling the name of your favorite restaurant?

It's spelled McGettigan's but those "in the know" know to pronounce it "McGeddigan's"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Well it would interfere with your all bacon diet so I would not expect you to.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Applewhite posted:

It's spelled McGettigan's but those "in the know" know to pronounce it "McGeddigan's"

*takes out notebook, scribbles furiously*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i'm great at soups.

broth? ingredients? no problem

Trust me you're not as good as McGeddigan's.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
All high end products have markings to identify them as expensive & to separate from other products of its kind. This is also to seperate the owners of expensive things from owners of less expensive things for pride sake. Pride moves many to reject God’s salvation that comes by grace to add the markings of works to be saved. The humble accepts that they can't afford salvation to receive it by the payment that Christ was on the cross. Grace will always make the flesh & religion think you've gone too far but we know salvation isn't free b/c it's cheap, somebody else paid for it Rom 10 "GRACE"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Smash it Smash hit posted:

All high end products have markings to identify them as expensive & to separate from other products of its kind. This is also to seperate the owners of expensive things from owners of less expensive things for pride sake. Pride moves many to reject God’s salvation that comes by grace to add the markings of works to be saved. The humble accepts that they can't afford salvation to receive it by the payment that Christ was on the cross. Grace will always make the flesh & religion think you've gone too far but we know salvation isn't free b/c it's cheap, somebody else paid for it Rom 10 "GRACE"

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

Well it would interfere with your all bacon diet so I would not expect you to.

prickles and crab are allowed but crab r gross

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Dang.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
That dogs got spike!

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
so what you're saing is i should

dunk a dill pickle in the crab, reald-o

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Stinky_Pete posted:

so what you're saing is i should

dunk a dill pickle in the crab, reald-o

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm jacking off my weiner

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
that doesnt sound tasty at all tho

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Just got back from McGeddigan's. All that talk of french onion soup was giving me a craving. The secret to their signature soup is that they add a dash of real irish whiskey to every bowl and serve it in a brown ceramic soup pot.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Applewhite posted:

Just got back from McGeddigan's. All that talk of french onion soup was giving me a craving. The secret to their signature soup is that they add a dash of real irish whiskey to every bowl and serve it in a brown ceramic soup pot.

sounds delish

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

just ray posted:

sounds delish

It's the only soup I eat. I have gone to jail rather than eat a different soup (I was in court and the judge said he would hold me in contempt if I turned my nose up at his wife's vegetable soup).

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Applewhite posted:

It's the only soup I eat. I have gone to jail rather than eat a different soup (I was in court and the judge said he would hold me in contempt if I turned my nose up at his wife's vegetable soup).

can you send me some? my dream is to make a soup restraunt but nobody thinks its a good idea but gently caress sometimes you just want soups.i make a killer gren chile, and a good beef red chili (midwestern style) also i like to gently caress

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

It sounds like you have an unsophisticated palette typical of Americans and would eat anything as long as it has cheese melted all over it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

just ray posted:

can you send me some? my dream is to make a soup restraunt but nobody thinks its a good idea but gently caress sometimes you just want soups.i make a killer gren chile, and a good beef red chili (midwestern style) also i like to gently caress

You don't have a chance at replicating McGeddigan's unique flavor. They add fresh red onion to every bowl, sliced so thin it dissolves into the soup while you eat it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

NotWearingPants posted:

It sounds like you have an unsophisticated palette typical of Americans and would eat anything as long as it has cheese melted all over it.

Actually they use only the highest quality swiss cheese and they caramelize the cheese on top with a blowtorch.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Actually they use only the highest quality swiss cheese and they caramelize the cheese on top with a blowtorch.

I stand corrected.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
McGeddigan's is pretty much my favorite restaurant. I had my wedding reception there.
Their mozarella sticks are pretty boss, too. They serve them with both marinara sauce and that tangy white sauce. I usually order two plates just for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

McGeddigan's is pretty much my favorite restaurant. I had my wedding reception there.
Their mozarella sticks are pretty boss, too. They serve them with both marinara sauce and that tangy white sauce. I usually order two plates just for myself.

Are the mozzarella sticks made from genuine mozzarella di bufala imported from Salerno?

• Locked thread