Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Wentley posted:

What is your name?

C: Tabitha Genovese

What did you do during the war?

I: Special Ops. I was one of the most daring soldiers. Often working alone I sabotaged robot installations and completed other high value missions. I have excellent hand to hand and small arms skills and know one or two other neat things, like demolitions or hacking.

What bionics do you have, if any?] (Choose up to three, each bionic draws power from your internal battery. The higher the power draw the less time you can operate them without recharging. Not all bionics are active 100% of the time.)

5: Enhanced Cognition. Basically a small computer, this allows you to do complex calculations and can store and recall a great deal of data. Low power draw.
17: Reduced Nutritionary Requirements. Use battery power instead of food to keep going. Moderate power draw.
19: Solar Recharging System. Built in solar absorbers help to power your bionics while you are exposed to electromagnetic radiation. Efficacy depends on the intensity of the radiation. At peak power it will provide enough power for a moderate power draw bionic.

What did you do before the war?

S: I was a mechanic.

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

ACF and yep, this is good so far!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

What do we know about the wardens? The "We, I mean uh, I!" thing and the fact 3 of them didn't notice us is slightly worrying.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Olothreutes posted:

Ok, there are three votes to wake up the doctor to look at the wardens right now.

Mini-vote!

Do you want to wake up Dr. Nilsson to check on the wardens/engineers/whomever?

Nah, they seem fine.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 26, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

A

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Canuck-Errant posted:

I'm going to vote we not wake up the same engineers we woke up last time, and try and go with a rotation if we don't absolutely need someone specific. Because if we're any indication, the more you freeze and thaw, the worse the backlash hits.

We should probably check if we have anyone whose field relates to the cryo units. I'm pretty sure the worsening of symptoms on cryo cycles is something that needs to be considered.

Anyway, do some investigation of the severity of the problem first, but it'll probably need us to wake up Tubal if it turns out to be equipment related rather than crew related.

I guess that's A/C?

Yeah, this is my vote too. +1

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Also, stay awake a couple of days, meander about and get used to our body and get rid of the headache before we take out our pills and go back to sleep. No point compiling the pain for next time.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

It seems weirdly coincidental with our waking up. Captain paranoia wonders if somebody planned this in advance, perhaps a rogue engineer who wants to go somewhere else.

Ask him which he'd prefer and then do that. Probably A. He's the engineer here, not us.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

BE

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Bound to be food, otherwise we'd starve pretty drat soon after we'd landed.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

AE

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

F - Geology seems a good thing to look into.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

+1 Niefelheim
B with C as lower priority and H

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Cryo is pretty cool as a name. :v:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Niflheim > Svalbard > Cryo, all are good names.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The formal full version of the name should be Hooboy Whataplanet, it has a nice cadence to it.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

vorebane posted:

Sadly the only super power you can get from radiation is cancer. :(

But they use radiation to cure cancer! Maybe we're just not using enough!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

We could look for somewhere else...

At the earth-recolonisation reunion in 100 years time: "So, ship xxx, how was the planet you picked?" "Oh it wasn't that great so we just carried on and became interstellar nomads, it's pretty great"

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Outrail posted:

ADG

We needed to throw Silva a bone in any case. If she stops caring it'll be a blow to our capabilities.

Pull Silva aside at some point, let her know we understand she's frustrated with a few things. If people give it a silly name it pulls a lot of stress away, its a psychological move. And we need to take survival over research for the time being, but as the head of science we take her opinions very seriously and will let her have free reign on research when we can.

+1

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Can't be much colder than space, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Congratulations! Whatever you do, don't let this thread name her.

• Locked thread