Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

C, K, 5, 7, 19, P

I think I did this right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Loel posted:

Switching from A/C to Diog, ignore little girl.

Still small talk with security team

As long as we aren't defrosting anyone early, especially kiddos, I don't see a problem with a quick visual and vitals check on the colonists, after that electrical problem. Was the affected wiring strictly for the warning light, or was it for more important use?

Also I highly doubt we're the only colony ship that left Earth. There were probably numerous ships heading for other distant stars.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

our team has been immobile for four years, and the Wardens must be bored out of their minds.

taking a few days to do inventory is both prudent and healthy. Bedia has the advantage because she walks regularly, but idk if you can say the same for many others.

it also gives you an idea of the demographic you'll be working with upon reaching the new home planet.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I think just a "review emergency plans and write a couple brief reports about what happened" is sufficient. No one died, no one had undue radioactive exposure or damage from the reactor, no pods opened.

Also I think the kiddo was alive already when she came aboard the ship. It seems reckless to put a pregnant woman in cryogenic stasis.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Loel posted:

Speaking as enlisted :v: , having an unnecessary but labor intensive drill oozes new officer. Reminds me of when we had a guy march his company through a blizzard around a track for 2-3 hours, while my company just stayed inside and watched. Because, its a loving blizzard.

We're giving the lads a bit of extra work (check the pods), let's not present an excess of enthusiasm.

Lazaruise posted:

Just once I want a space cyoa where we don't descend into madness and paranoia. This isn't 40k, I think we should trust our people when they say everything is okay.
Do a cursory sweep of the other pods make sure nothing else is flickering and go back to sleep

Acting like scared children is certain to damage the morale of our crew. And if you don't think the currently awake will tell stories about this to those who are sleeping when they wake up, I have a bridge to sell you.

Split up, do a fast sweep of the cryopods, and go back to bed.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

wake up the engineer, but have diagnostics done or nearly so by the time he's functional. I hate waking him up again but this is a pretty lovely situation.

don't wake up Vlad, this isn't a security issue yet, and if it is, we can get one of his subordinates to do it.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

C and F. Our job is to delegate and lead. Let's delegate the next status check.

Sure do hope we brought books or the equivalent.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

it's probably something like rummy, poker, and calvinball, but with truly long cons and bizarre gambits.

meaning we should totally try to jump in on this and decide to go back to sleep purely because it's too complicated and weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Outrail posted:

I imagine they'd have some sort of 'every time someone wins a month long round you get to make up a new rule' type thing.

I can imagine three wardens sitting totally still and silent while looking at their cards, then Bedia walks by, slaps a card down on the console, says "checkmate losers" and wanders off to the sounds of the other three shouting angrily.

• Locked thread