Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

The Players

Rose the Fae Played by Yami Fenrir
Arthur the Chosen Played by Tricky
Beatrice the Hollow Played by Antivehicular
Irving the Gentry Played by Capfalcon
Madeline the Infernal Played by GodFish
River the Selkie Played by Arashiofordo3

The string sheet and other threads
OOC Thread
String Sheet

It's a new week and a new term at Carrington. The Trinity term has ended and the Long Term is about to begin. And that brings with it one of Carrington's more quaint traditions. The spring festival conducted at night and consists of a large ceremonial bonfire onto which wooden effigies are thrown. It's probably all wonderfully symbolic of something and a fine tradition that dates back centuries... but none of you care about that do you? No what most of you care about is that in the dark away from the fire. Anything goes, and what happens in the dark stays in the dark, trysts, brawls, even on one highly memorable occasion a murder. Although hopefully nothing that extreme will happen this year. People will be carefully smuggling in supplies of booze and other party goods, available to those who know who to ask of course. But sadly that won't be held until the weekend. Right now it's a drizzly monday afternoon and you are stuck in Maths class listening to Mr Lloyd lecture you on Calculus.

Scene 1

Everyone: Have you asked anyone to go to the festival with you? If you haven't who would you like to ask if you could work up the courage to do so?

Arlene: This could be your chance for a bit of a normal life. Get a date, or even just a friend and sneak off and have some fun,. and forget about your troubles for a little while. Still business must come first are you any closer to finding out what that stench of death was? Where do you think would be the best place to start looking for more information?

Arthur Why does Merlin play these games, With his kind of power he could run this school, heck he could run this country and possibly even the world. But he seems to take some sort of perverse pleasure out of pretending to be a teacher. Do you have any idea why? Also you were up really late last night hunting something, what was it and did you catch it?

Beatrice: What is with this human need for rituals anyway? Do you understand this one or do you simply not care to? What do you hope to learn from it by observing your peers?

Hannah: You remember your last harvest festival don't you, Why was it such a disaster? and what preparations have you taken to make sure that this one turns out much better for you?

Madeline "Mr Lloyd" although you both know who he really is fires off a couple of questions to the class. Megan would know the answers easily but does Madeline answer? Also you're somewhat distracted by one of your cronies slipping a note to you under the table, who was it and what did the note say?

Irving Well well well, this festival looks like a chance for you to cut loose and have some fun. What are you looking forward most to doing in the dark? You've already been invited to join someone's group out there? Who was it and will you go or would you rather start your own?

James Ugh, why did it have to be maths? And you don't have Elizabeth to help you this time. Who will you turn to for help if when you get stuck instead? Also isn't Friday the night of the full moon? is that going to be a problem for you or do you have a plan to deal with it?

River: Well there he is, the man himself. The person whose things you'll have to steal from in order to get your pelt back. What do you suppose Madeline's interest in him is anyway? Have you given any thought as to how you'd even get into his private rooms?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: None!

Who cares about Calculus. My tutors have mostly brought me up to the university level, so all of these classes are so boring. I'm much more interested in the Spring festival! I've heard plenty of stories, but I've never actually been allowed to go. It's another one of Mother's feast's, but back when I was living at home, I was kept under a close eye. So, even during her bacchanals, I couldn't ever do what I wanted at the time. Now, as long as I'm not caught in a compromising position, I should be able to do whatever I want. That's just so... novel!

Most important than deciding what I'm going to do is who I'm going to do it with. Thankfully, most of the people I'm considering in all have roughly the appropriate station for someone like myself. My first thought is Arlene. However, if there's anything I've learned from my continued efforts to befriend her, there's a fair chance she'd turn me down (for whatever reason), and that would far too humiliating to risk. So, I'll probably end up asking Madeline or Beatrice after class. They've been much more amicable to my friendship. Still... I haven't decided which one yet.

I glance over to Rebecca Fawkes. She's got a band of scholarship students planning on who knows what, and in her own charmingly brazen manner, she simply invited me to spend the evening with them. I've said, it's things like this that make me truly love the scholarship students, but... I do have to keep up appearances. I gave a polite non-answer, vaguely suggesting suggesting that I might meet up with them later that night. Who knows? I might actually do so.

But, only if I have a group of my own. Let's see... Arthur, of course. Madeline gets her cronies coming along too. Maybe...oh... James? He's always struck me as a bit dull, but who knows? Maybe he's more interesting outside of classes? Still, it's probably going to be Madeline OR Beatrice OR Arlene. No need to risk a misunderstanding by inviting more than one to accompany me.

Still, might as well get Arthur on board, since there isn't a version of events where I'm not wanting to hang out with him. I lean over when Mr. Lloyd is looking away and... wow, Arthur doesn't look all that good. I frown and say, "I was gonna ask you if you wanted to hang out with me at the festival, but first, are you feeling ok? Rough night?" I give him a concerned look. I start to offer him something to make him feel better (I'd probably give him some medicine-y looking pills, but it doesn't' really matter what it is. I mean, it's the magic that'll do the trick), but I figure that might want to wait until after class. Passing around pills in the middle of class just... doesn't strike me as a good idea.

quote:

Name: Irving S. Batherick
Look: scheming, curious eyes
Skin: The Gentry
Origin: Someone Else’s Offering
Family Origin: Here First

Stats:
Hot: +1
Cold: +2
Volatile: -1
Dark: -1

Moves:
Faery Boon: You may offer someone else a faery boon, allowing them to:
-Open 1 passage they otherwise would have been barred from
-Take 1 forward on 1 goal for the rest of the scene
-Get an honest answer to 1 question
In exchange, they take the condition Yours Truly [you feel like you should be thankful, but also resent it a little, and it's definitely not completely above board]. If they spurn your kindness, give them a string.

The Old Faith:
When you give an NPC a bribe or promise, they gain Advantage against the next player to act against them. When your gifts help another succeed, they mark experience. If they spurn you and you seek vengeance, mark experience.

Golden Child:
As long as you’re in your parents’ good graces, you can Run Away with their assistance. Even on a miss they arrange matters so you get away, but pick two from the 7-9 list.

Fairy Contract:
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them.
When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:
- they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
- add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
- they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Background:
You sort those you are fond of into two piles, Friends and Possessions. They are both valuable, of course, but….different kinds of value.

Friends:
Arthur
Arlene
Madeline
Beatrice

Possessions:
River
Hannah
James

Backgrounds
Someone has resisted all your attempts to make a friend of them so far. Give them two strings.
Someone would be happier as your possession than your friend. Take two strings on them.

Sex Move:
When you and another character have sex, choose if you believe it to be True or False love. If it is True, your parents are now upset at you unless it was the specific partner they had in hand, and everyone else you have Yours Truly on is healed of that condition. If it is False, your partner is healed of Yours Truly and gets +1 forward on their next action against you.

Darkest Self:
Your Mother was right. This is how they repay your kindness? This is how they repay you for the honor of your presence? The only thing left is to make them pay for every gift they took without deserving it. Systematically, you’re going to go down the list and get back what is yours.

You recover when you’ve taken back everything you deserve, or when someone capable of it knocks you off your pedestal.

quote:

Promises:
Arthur: Promised to go to the Festival as part of my group.
River: Promised to show me what she stole that night.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 12, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Madeline Calhoun
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: None

Oh, I know the answers alright. Calculus wasn't my best subject before, but a surprising amount of magic - the more complicated parts - involve math, so I've had even more practice than usual. But no, I'm not answering. Knowing a few answers here and there is will impress people, but that has to wait a bit for the nerds and losers to have taken the first few. And obviously getting the answers right if he calls on me is important as well. And besides, I have something more important to look at, a note from Natalie, asking who I've got my eye on for the dance.

There are a few answers, I'm the most interested in Arthur, but James and Irving are both actually here on money, so they'd be better social dates, and they're all hot. So any of those three would do fine. More than fine. Arthur's obvious talent and incredibly fit body are points in his favor though - and it'd provide a good excuse to be spending so much time alone with him. Hmmm... Smiling slightly to myself, I scribble out a reply and send it back to her.

quote:

Looking at the big three - Arthur or James seem like they'd be the most fun
you know if any of em are taken?

I've been asked out a few times already, but so far I've put everyone off with a noncommittal I'll get back to them. If I can't hook any of the three I want, there are a few acceptable guys who've asked so far. And then I'll get some revenge on the ones who've turned me down. Probably not Arthur though, he might realize something was up. I glance over at him to see Irving leaning in close, and suddenly my mind is off along a train of thought where I invited both of them. Mmmm....

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1

It's about ten minutes in to class and my head starts bobbing. I haven't slept much since, uh, Friday? I think that's when the last batch of disappearances started. God, why do all of these monsters hunt at night anyways? Do a man a favor and just do your dirty work in the early evening. Their claws won't kill me, but I'm going to go mad if I can't get a decent night's rest.

I'm trying to stay in the zone. Merlin -- "Mr. Lloyd" -- is yammering away in his trademark lazy cadence. It is not helping at all. For being such an ancient wizard, the man's voice is smooth like butter. That never seems to change, even though his looks might. Still not sure why he does all this, really, what with the unknowable arcane secrets and all. Maybe he just enjoys the suffering of students. Maybe he wants to be close by to give me more awful advice about Banshees. My eyes are starting to flutter shut when Irving leans over. "Wha? Huh? Oh, sorry. Been on a bit of a late streak lately. Festival...right. That's coming up already? Yeah -- yeah, definitely."

I'm finally in the moment. What the hell was I going to do about the festival, anyways? I had thought about asking Elspeth, naturally, but she seems as icy and distant as ever. Maybe if I wasn't working on a catnap and a thermos full of coffee. Madeline? There was the whole shared-secrets thing and she was pretty drat gorgeous. Who else? I swiveled around and then my eyes came to rest on Arlene.

I almost jump out of my skin -- but I settle for some grade-A crazy eyes instead as I look over at her. She was looking awfully, uh, not-dead. Especially given the way I had most definitely stabbed her last night. Classic kind-of-accidental, kind-of-on-purpose stab through the heart. This is uncharted territory for me. Generally things don't un-die. Other than me. Perks of the job.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 0

*yaaaaawn*

Plonking myself down on my seat, I lazily look through the class, only half paying attention. After all, I got things that need doing. But, I do suppose my 'work' has slowed down a bit. Still have that stupid freaking basement to deal with. But how do I even get in there? Hmm... maybe a hunter could get me in? Maybe I could get James to help me. Just need to figure out a good way to tell him 'I know what you're doing' without exposing myself unnecessarily.

But ugh, it's not like it's going to run away. Unlike this chance to be an actual normal teenage girl for once! I may actually be able to attend this festival. But who would I go with?

River? She's absolutely adorable, but... kind of a girl. Not that I have anything against that, but... not publicly. Not here. Irving? He'd probably agree. But he's so desperate! He'll never leave me alone afterwards. But eh, if nothing else works... mmh, still not sure. Oh, James! James could work! In fact, I'm going to ask him right now!

Standing up to go to his table, my gaze meets Arthur's. Oh crud. He's staring. He's staring really bad. He's going to say, or do something stupid. Giving him a short return stare, I turn away from him and head for James. Maybe he's going to be too afraid to confront me at school.

"Hey, James! You... *yawn* you wanna hang out with me at the Festival?"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Aug 24, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

This is worse than I had feared. She must know that James helps me out with business. Classic tactics -- dividing and conquering. I need to stop her before she uses her wiles to enchant him. Or eat him, whatever it is that she does. Reining my eyes back in, I walked over and clapped James on the shoulder. "How's the calculus treating you, James?" I struggled to keep it calm. Fight or flight was in full effect and I just wanted to whip a sword out and get my decapitation on. Maybe it would stick the second time. But no. Not in front of so many. Merlin would be so grouchy about that.

I smiled, thinly, at Arlene, "Arlene. I'm surprised that you made it to class. We had... such an interesting night together. You're not too sore, I hope?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: None!

And of course, he shows up. Strange how quickly he decided on this, though. Something going on between the two?

Giving Arthur a bored look, I reply: ""Yeaaaah I'm sore, alright. *yawn* Wouldn't really call it interesting, though. More painful than anything. You really suck at it, you know. Unexpected from someone with your looks.... Now if you don't mind, *yawn* I'm trying to ask James out here..."

Leaning on his table, I give James a nice smile (as much as my tired grimace can manage, anyway). "Whatcha say, James?"

Shut down Arthur: 2d6+1 10 Giving Arthur the condition "Dull sword" and marking EXP.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 23, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: none | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Math Class

Oh great, the Harvest Festival. For a moment I'm seriously considering not going. Who's even going to notice, right? But then I'd just be sitting at the window, looking out at everybody having fun and I can't think of a more pathetic way to spend a Friday night. Besides, Emory and her friends aren't around anymore. Nobody is going to put some of my stolen clothes on an effigy to toss into the fire, at least I seriously hope not. I didn't care about the clothes, not really. I mean it was my favorite top, but what really hurt was the realization of just how much they despised me. Anybody would have run off crying at that. But this isn't going to be like the last time, they're not here anymore and no one has really noticed me enough to hold that kind of grudge, I hope. Things are different this time, maybe I'll even make some friends. Which isn't going to happen if I just sulk in my room all night. Guess I'll just have to go and hope for the best.

I just wish the expectation wasn't that you'd show up with somebody. It's not that I wouldn't want to, but... Well, I mean, I guess I don't have much to lose. Maybe I'll try asking James after all... Except when I look up from doodling on my notes I see he's already talking to Arlene. Too slow, little ghost. I sigh a little. Maybe he'll turn her down and I'll swoop in all confidently and... yeah, right. There's nothing wrong with going by myself, is there? Maybe I'll try asking Madeline if she wants to hang out. Yeah, blackmail her into letting me tag along and leech off the popular girl aura. Blech, what a horrible idea. That's an Emory kinda thing to do. Maybe I'll just go and see if anybody else is the odd one out. But then there's unexpected help from Arthur. Did those two... wow, awkward, looks like they did. And now she's asking out James right in front of him?

"Hey, leave some for the rest of us, right?" I joke awkwardly. I'm not trying to be mean, honest. Well, maybe a little but come on, this is so not cool, even if it wasn't about James.

SuddenC And roll Shut Down
SuddenC !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot SuddenC, 7+1 = 8
Exchanging conditions it is, giving Arlene 'Getting Around'
And marking XP

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Hot: +0 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: None

Oh goshhhhh! How am I going to do this? The teaching man, uh, Mr Lloyd? Yeah, Mr Lloyd, was standing right in front of me. How under the sea was I going to be able to break into his room and take something? I don't know. This would be soooo much easier if I could lure him away somehow. Or maybe I should just tell him directly and ask for something? No, wait, that's a bad thing isn't it? Yeah, a snatch? a swich? Something like that. Then I'd just get yelled at more. No, no good. Fake being sick? Uhhh, it never worked on Dad, and Mr Lloyd looks way better at picking up lies and stuff.

Then there was this whole party thing. I didn't know what to do about that. I'd never been to a party before. It looked like a guy was supposed to ask you out? I don't really get it, but people seemed really nervous about it. Wait, does that mean I'm supposed to be nervous about it too? I glance over at James, Arthur, Hannah and Arlene. They're in the middle of discussing something, I lean in a little closer. Hey! I wanna be included too!

Then I realise what they're talking about, and my ears go red. Eheheheee, right okay, well this is an awkward time to come into this conversation. What is that thing they say though? In for a penny, in for a pound? I have no idea what it means, but it sounds fun. So I pipe up.

"Oh, is that why you were floating face down in the river last night Arlene? You swam too much? Well, no wonder you're so sore! Look at Arthur, he's stacked! Your never going to beat him lap for lap. Besides, you need to warm up more! Otherwise you'll be aching for days! I could give you both some tips! I'm a pretty good swimmer!" I offer helpfully. Giving them a big smile. Obviously they were talking about swimming, why wouldn't they be? It didn't make any other sense otherwise. (Yeah, okay they could be talking about sex, but that is totally not why I'm blushing okay? I'm just excited... about swimming. Not sex. Got it? Good)

"Oh, and speaking of that whole party thing, I-I'm free, if anyone wants to go...?" I offer. A little confused as it why it came out so... hesitant. Or why my cheeks burn a little as I say it. It's not like its that big a deal (Oh god, please someone ask me out! Please! One of the boys! Please?)

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 23, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Well, THAT got out of hand. I mean, yes, it was a bit crass of Arthur to reference it in public, but at least he attempted to be subtle about it. Arlene, on the other hand... well, she just about eviscerated him in public! Neither of them look well rested, which ,given their conversation, is quite understandable, but still! Crankiness is no excuse; both of them are clearly in the wrong.

Before I can say anything, though, some... girl steps in, and makes a little joke about it. I give a friendly smile and an approving nod, pleased that she's trying to diffuse the situation between my two friends.

...I don't really remember who she is, though. Her name starts with an H, though. I'm sure of it.

<capfalcon_work> Turn on Hannah
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 5+1 = 6

Anyway, I look back to the two, no, three of them. James is now in on this fiasco. Which... well, I had thought about inviting him, but... now the situation is getting a little too tangled, especially if James agrees to go out with Arlene.

...Also, why is she asking out that loser and refusing to give me the time of day?

But, then blunders in River with her frankly impressive stream of innuendo. I just turn to look at her, shocked. I had no idea she had it in her. I'm... honestly sort of impressed. I mean, I've still got my eyes set on the other girls, but maybe there's more depth to River than I originally gave her credit for. I grin as I say, "Well, apologies. I do have other plans, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a swimming partner of your own."

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: 0
Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Zilch

There are, by my estimation, roughly three ways I could seriously injure myself with this pen.It might almost be worth it to get out of this. I stopped trying to take notes... about five minutes in, after the second time he said a sentence in which I grasped maybe three words. At this point, I have about as much of a chance of reading what's on the board as I do of suddenly sprouting wings. Not very high. If Elizabeth were here, I could at least count on her giving me her notes and explaining the concepts the seven or eight times it'd take me to grasp them. Unfortunately she's not available, so unless I can find some poor sap to help me, I'm pretty thoroughly screwed. Madeline seems to have a pretty good idea of what she's doing, so maybe, hopefully, I can ply her with... idk, chocolate? The upside if I'm discovered this Friday and my dad rips my heart out, at least I won't have to worry about passing! Small victories!

Oh right, Friday. Well, I have a three stage plan. First, I'm going to make my room as secure as possible. I uh... borrowed some power tools from the woodwork shop. I'm going to bar the windows and doors so I can't get out. Item two! Charm of Lupine Curse, also known as Wolfwither, I found one in armory, its *supposed* to contain werewolves. As far as I know its been entirely untested for over a century. I'm gonna hang it up on my door, and hope. Part three! If I can manage it, I'm going to steal some animal tranquilizers from the bio lab. I figure I can google a reasonable dose and spend my transformation asleep. This... should work right? Its basically a foolproof plan.

I've barely thought about the festival. I kind of wanna work up the courage to see if Beatrice or maybe Hanna will go with me. I know who I'm *not* taking. Arlene. After the ghost thing I'm seriously freaked out by her. So I've been avoiding her. Which, to be fair, hasn't been that hard, thanks to my newly enhanced senses. Sure they come with increased aggression, increased hunger, increased... other things, but hey, I can avoid awkward social encounters. As I said, small victories. Well, that would work, except... gently caress, she's coming right at me.

Aaaaaaaand she wants to hang out at the festival. Is she like... asking me out asking me out? An animal part of me recoils at the idea. Even the wolf part of my brain doesn't like her. Ok, calm down, you can handle this. I open my mouth to reply something, anything, when Arthur barrels in like an action hero out of a movie. While I appreciate the rescue (really, I do), I was pretty sure his intent wasn't to rescue me from awkwardness. Oh. Oh. She's trying to make him *jealous*, and it's working.

Personally I didn't know Arthur was uh... intimate with Arlene, but good for him! Creepy isn't my style, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't.... My thoughts are interrupted by River, just confirming what Arthur had already implied. In the water! How... adventurous. Uh... She's a little brazen, but its becoming clear, rather quickly, that I need to extricate me from whatever relationship weirdness Arlene and Arthur are going through... so...

Well, I see one out. Its not my number one choice, but all my human and wolf instincts are screaming at me. Fine, fine. "Well, Arlene, it seems like you and Arthur have a thing?" I say, trying very very hard not to stutter or blush. "You two should go together, and uh... I'll go with River?" I turn and give her my best smile. A part of me howls in triumph. Escaped!.

"Uh... probably no swimming though?" I say, I've uh.... never done that? Assuming she means sex? I just don't want to... well, rush into things. "But we'll have fun anyway!"

Turn on River 2d6+1 = 9

String, thing I want, promise self?

Also marking EXP

TheCog fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 24, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Madeline Calhoun
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: None

What is this. Aren't we in the middle of class?! Why the hell did this just dissolve into people wandering around and asking each other out? poo poo, James, Arthur and Irving are all in the middle of it, and James just asked out River? Why her? Okay, calm down a second Madeline. Arthur isn't taken yet, and if he and Irving get scooped up I can make River dump James so I can grab him. Hey, good thinking. I smile, a little more relaxed, but still, I need to make a move.

Slipping my phone out, I type out a message under the desk and hit send.

@Arthur posted:

Hey~
You should come over here and ask me to the festival ;)
act like its your idea~

Okay, that doesn't really match the air of superiority I try to keep up as Madeline but whatever, I need to make a good showing here. Once I've seen him notice the message I look over and give him a wink and a brief smile, then turn back to my paper to act like I'm working, pushing my hair casually away from my face and back over my shoulder. Simple, elegant, and hopefully enough to get his ...mind... working.

<godfish> turn on Arthur
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 12-1 = 11
<godfish> ....score

GodFish fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 23, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

- - -
Think you want - Going to the party thing.
- - -

Is my face red? It feels red, it feels very very red!

"O-Oh! Uh Y-Yeah! YEAH! S-Sure! I-I'd love to!" I practically bite my own tongue in my attempt to answer. Why does this matter so much to me? I mean, it's just hanging out at a thing right? No big complicated ~Romance~ Stuff right? Well anyway. I'm thrilled. Okay, I might have got my mouth stuck in a perminant smile, huh, wow! Uh, how do I turn this off? Okay, I'm a little disapointed, about not getting to go swimming with him. James looks like he'd be a really strong swimmer! Maybe I should try a little persuasion?

"W-Well if you're sure about going for a swim. But the water is really nice around that time. It's sooooo refreshing! There's no one about, so you can do anything you like or be as noisy as you like! I always like to just lie there and look up at the stars while I catch my breath. Besides, I think you'd be really good at it! But even so, I'm sure there are plenty of other ways we can have fun, right?"

- - -
Turn On James accidentally while actually genuinely talking about swimming and not sex.: 2d6 8
- Give themselves to you,
- Promise something they think you want,
- Give you a String against them.
- - -

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Dull Sword

Ooof. Banshees can roll with the word-play too. I'll file that one for later reference. I play it cool, though, as Hannah, Irving, and River join in on the conversation. I'm pretty sure River isn't implying quite what I think, but let's be real. That was masterful. Props to the naive swimming girl. I'm just about to throw my next verbal jab when my phone buzzes. I look over Madeline's message, my smile slowly growing just a bit more genuine. I look back at her and she does that hair-flip thing. This isn't half-bad. James is safe from Arlene's undead clutches and seems to be locking things in with River. I don't have to worry about figuring out a date. Some days it is pretty drat good to be the King.

I winked at James, "Hah. Have a good time, James. Don't be too noisy!"

I excused myself from the crush of people, taking the opportunity to stretch and show some of those regal muscles as I walk over to Madeline. I know Arlene will have seen that. She hasn't taken her eyes off of me yet. Who knows? Maybe I'll draw her off of James for good. Either way, I need to figure out what to do about her soon. I finish walking over to Madeline's desk and grin at her. "Hey, Madeline, you're looking stunning today. Did you have any plans for the festival?"

quote:

Tricky
Turn on Arlene
!r 2d6+1
Krysmbot
Tricky, 7+1 = 8

What'll it be? String, give yourself, or a promise?
Also, marking XP.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Madeline Calhoun

I look up at Arthur acting as though I hadn't noticing him coming over. "I'm offended, I try to look stunning every day." My eyes are sparkling slightly with amusement, and I smile to make it clear I'm teasing him. "Oh, I might have a few Arthur, why are you asking?" I raise an elegant eyebrow, smirking obviously now. Despite my outer calm though, inside my heart is starting to beat faster, and the heat of excitement and embarrassment was starting to form a blush. I was always good at acting to cover my real feelings, a skill thankfully applicable here, but I've never had a boy I was especially into, and definitely not one as hot as Arthur ask me out, which he was definitely about to do.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Oh- oh my. Maddy is just this complete mix of sultry and shy right now. Was she blushing? Was I? Monster hunting was certainly easier but I could get used to this. I loosen my collar a bit and grin. "Well, I was hoping to take you to it. I hear it's kind of a big deal in these parts. Who better to go with than you?"

Honestly, I'm glad she broke the ice. I've been meaning to ask her out for something, but I would have hated it things got weird during a hunt. God, I hope I'm not sweating. Merlin would give me so much crap if I crashed and burned now.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Madeline Calhoun

Even though I knew it was coming, his invitation sends a thrill through me. "No one at all." I've got my blush under control but now my grin is threatening to run away with my face. "Hope no longer, you've got yourself a date." I can tell Morgan is probably getting angry about this, so I reach up to run my fingers lightly across the crystal I have resting against my chest. Relax Morgan. If I'm close to him it'll be easier to plot against him, won't it? He'll never suspect me. While it's entirely true, exactly none of that is my motivation here, but she doesn't need to know that.

I lean in a little closer to Arthur, dropping my voice so no one around us can hear. "I'm glad you chose me," I wink again, and add, "but you better get back to your seat before Mr. Lloyd tosses you in detention for flirting in the middle of class."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile +1, Dark +1
XP 1/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: None

I don't mind maths, really, but isn't it a bit dull? I understand the concepts well before Mr. Lloyd finishes his interminable lectures, and after that point -- at times like, say, now -- I'm largely left to daydream and visualize, idly sketching out the shapes and spaces that he describes. It's easy enough to learn but hard to fully internalize, probably because most things are. Then again, do I really want calculus to be a part of myself? I suppose it's useful, but... one never knows.

The room is buzzing with half-hidden chatter about the Festival, and it's a subject of my daydreams as well, I'll admit. There's something intriguing about rituals like this: perhaps just the product of my father's lectures about human myth-making. He says this sort of thing is about liminal spaces -- the transition between things, between seasons and years and spaces -- and with the bonfire stories I've heard, that really is quite literal here. There's the firelight, and the shadows, and a thousand spaces between. I want to experience as many of those spaces as I can, if I can manage them, and that probably means asking someone inventive. Someone who can take me places. Oh, Arthur and James are perfectly acceptable specimens, and there is the matter of Arlene's simply lovely hair... but my mind always wanders back to Irving. There's something about him that's terribly special, I can tell, and he seems to have access to practically everything. I think I might have a fair chance at catching his attention, too.

I'm hesitant to get up openly right now, though, not before I have slightly more of an idea of what I want -- can't embarrass myself, can I? Quietly, I take a moment from my academic note-taking to write a non-academic note, which I slip along the aisle towards Irving:

quote:

I see you're a bit occupied, but am I too late to ask you to the Festival? It'd be a great pleasure.

-- B. W.-S.

(I briefly consider adding my other initials -- for my full name, the product of my parents having a few too many great-aunts expecting their names attached to a child -- but that's a bit much, isn't it? It's only so he knows who the note is from, really. Not to... show off some sort of status, some sort of erudition. I'd rather have fewer names, were we being honest.)

Once the note is passed off, I glance back at my notebook, where my hand has begun drawing sketchy graphs again: areas under and over curves, shaded and blank, within and without. Where should I stand at the bonfire, I wonder? Within or without? Or along the edge, the fine constructed line, the liminal space?

Gaze into the Abyss about how best to approach the bonfire: 2d6+1 6
Startin' out the game with a bang! Marking XP for Dark, at least.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I grinned at her, "That would be a tragedy. Enjoy the rest of Math. I'll talk to you later." I walked back to my seat and sat back down. That was so easy! I'm glad Maddy had suggested it. This was the best experience I'd ever had in a Calculus lecture. I looked down at my notes and then back up front. Yep. Still working through a problem on the board.

I'm not sure if Mr. Lloyd even noticed the various groups forming and dispersing throughout the lecture. I think he just really likes to hear himself talk. I'm not sure I've ever heard him break his lecture momentum. I wonder what it would take? Purely academic curiosity, of course. I'd hate to get Merlin on my bad side.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Getting around

I just give Hannah an eyeroll. "I think you'll find your problem is your lack of presence..." before turning back to the others. Hannah, you're dead, please act your part and be silent. Don't butt into my stuff, if you wouldn't mind...

... Wait.

Wait. a. minute. River SAW me!? gently caress, Nono, River was in the FOREST? At night? Or early morning? Crap. Both of these things are bad. I'm not sure which is worse, but it's probably the first?!

I'm so lost in thought I completely forgot I'm still staring at Arthur, when he's doing the flexing thing. And I'm actually blushing! Fuuuck off Arthur is the guy I care about the least right now!

"Aww, and here I thought we had something in common. We both take enthusiastic long walks at night. And to be honest, Arthur is a little bit to... forceful for my tastes..." I say as I go put my hand on his cheek and play with his air a bit as I give him something that's between a smile and a grin.

Maybe he'll get it. If the intelligence of Arthur is anything to go by, the Hunters in this place are idiots, though. So I'm guessing no.

"Anyway, got to get back~"

Turn on James: 2d6+1 11 Taking a String on James.

Giving Arthur a String, and giving Hannah the Condition forgettable in return.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 24, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Madeline Calhoun

"I'll wait for you after class." I say as he starts to head back to his seat, coiling a strand of hair around my finger as he goes. Then I shift my attention back to my work as well, or try to. For once I'm not making much, if any, progress on the work, my mind wandering back to Arthur, him asking me me(!) out, and how drat hot he is. I'm so glad I met you Morgan. Smiling to myself, I finger the crystal again. Even if we are going to destroy him for you, at least I'll have had a date with a smoking hot guy first.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: Forgettable | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Math Class

That... went horribly. I'm not sure what I was expecting really. I insulted her, turns out she's just way better at it than I am. At least it stings more than it seems to have bothered her. I guess she doesn't care what people think of her. At least James doesn't seem too thrilled about her invitation, but of course he doesn't ask me, he asks the bubbly exchange student. I guess that's better? And now Irving is giving me weird looks. I glance down at my notes again before I step on his toes as well somehow. This is no different than when I was alive, same poo poo, different faces. I was just making a joke, trying to be a part of things but no, stupid Hannah isn't even worth giving the time of day too. It's all the popular kids and the bullies. Shut up, Hannah. No one wants you around anyway, Hannah. Why don't you go and get shoved out a window again, Hannah. My hand is clutching my pen and I'm just scratching angry, jagged lines all over my notes, the pen digging grooves into the paper. River's only been here how long? And she's already more popular, talking to James, pushing me out and Arlene's there to make sure it sticks, adding the final push that... that... I don't know how it happened but suddenly I feel like I'm hanging in the air again, the sagging feeling in your stomach of realizing that there's nothing holding you anymore and you're just plummeting through the air. A startled scream escapes my lips as my chair tilts backwards. It must have only been a second or two but it felt like an eternity before I hit the floor hard, shoulder-first. The impact drives the air out of my lungs but it feels like I can't breathe for other reasons, because there's a wrought-iron spike in my neck, has to be. My hands shoot up to my throat only to find nothing there as I take a shuddering breath.

SuddenC Unresolved Trauma roll!
SuddenC !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot SuddenC, 5+2 = 7
Giving River and Arlene 'Blamed', taking one harm

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I was just returning to my post-conversation math trance, complete with head bobs and slowly closing eyes, when Hannah slammed into the floor and screamed. For a moment, I forgot where I was. Flashbacks to the previous night. Arlene screaming in her Banshee way. My sword scything through her flesh. A more human scream.

I rubbed my temples. Math was certainly a much more exciting class this term.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

I can't help but Jump as Hannah its the floor! Oh no! The poor girl! That must have stung! I immediately leave my chair and get onto my knees to try and help her up. I can't help but show how how worried I am about her. I've a very honest face when I'm worried, okay?

"Oh my god, Hannah! Are you okay? Wow, woow, easy there. Gently! You've just fallen backwards, oh jeez, are you hurt? Did you hit your head? Umm, is your vision blurring? Do you need to go see the Nurse?" Okay, I'm trying to be helpful, but I'm panicking a little too much and talking way to quickly...! I try to slow it down. I realise I'm half cradling her, supporting the back of her head. But I'm really not focusing on how this looks right now, I just don't want her to be hurt! I like Hannah! She's quiet as anything, but she's an absolute sweetie pie! Ohh! Please be okay! I might have sort of given her a hug, while bringing her back up to a sitting position. But I'm sure that's fine.

I hope.

"Leave Hannah alone Arlene, she was just trying to be friendly! There's no need to be that Mean!"

- - -
<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 River - Shut down Arlene
6:03 PM J<jimmydalad> herro
6:03 PM → ShootaBoy joined (~ShootaBoy@synIRC-763929E.res.bhn.net)
6:03 PM S<ShootaBoy> yo
6:03 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 !r 2d6+1
6:03 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 11+1 = 12
6:03 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 BOOM!

Giving condition: Meanie!

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 24, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Forgettable | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Math Class

What... what just happened? I'm looking up but there's no sky, just the ceiling. No mocking faces, just River. Is she actually worried about me? Or maybe just about what others think of her? Still it... it feels kind of nice, even if my shoulder hurts as she hugs me. Right now I don't even care why she's doing it. "I'm fine." I manage and even though that's obviously not true - she's a couple years late to make sure I'm actually fine - this is more compassion than I'm used to and it takes a lot of the sting out of what just happened. "Just... must've lost my balance." And just like that the warm feeling of someone possibly caring about me fades a bit at the realization of how stupid I must have looked to the entire class, just going tumbling out of my chair like a total klutz. Maybe if I keep lieing here everyone's going to go back to ignoring me? Suddenly that doesn't sound so bad anymore. "But my shoulder hurts pretty bad..." I don't really want to go see the nurse, I'm not even sure if she could help. Can I even still get injured? Hurt yeah, but my actual body has long since lost any muscles or skin to bruise. Damnit, this is so not the right moment to ponder that. But seeing the nurse is a good excuse as any to get out of here and maybe I'm pitiful enough for River to take me... "You think I should have it looked at?" I asks her with big doe-eyes.

SuddenC When in doubt, roll to turn on
SuddenC !r 2d6-1
Krysmbot SuddenC, 11-1 = 10
SuddenC Hahaha, holy crap

Taking that String on River and marking XP

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Meanie, Getting around

Whoops. That was dumb of me. I should have expected a ghost to overreact over a statement like that. Well... at least it confirmed my suspicions.

"I know you're prolly mad at me now, Hannah, but... sorry. Didn't mean for that to happen, honest! I was just pissed at Arthur and then you butted in and... sorry."

Hey, hold up... thus is a prime opportunity to be alone with her for a moment...

"Hey, River. It's fine. I'll bring Hannah to the Nurses office. It's my fault after all.. only fair that I go. You dok't need to miss anything of the lecture over my fuckup."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 24, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 1 continued

With the crash to the ground. Mr Lloyd is finally shaken out of his maths induced tunnel vision and spins round. "What on earth is going on here?" He asks seemingly baffled. And then taking quick stock of the situation and the gathering around where Hannah has fallen points to Arlene, and says "take her to the nurses office and make sure she's properly checked over. The rest of you back to work."

Arlene Well there you go! now you have a proper excuse to be alone with Hannah. What are you going to do to take advantage of this unexpected opportunity? Assuming of course the nurse leaves you alone together for long after what happened the last time you spoke to the nurse like that. What was it you said again that got her so riled up?

Hannah What just happened? Is this the first time you've had a reaction like that? Either way it seems you're being sent to the nurses office whether you like it or not. And in the company of Arlene no less whose probably the last person you want to spend time with. Do you have an excuse ready for what caused your injuries?

River Well well well it does look like James does like you . Or at least spending more time with you anyway which is almost as good right? Then there's Hannah resting in your lap looking so cute and vulnerable. My this is confusing isn't it? How would you choose between them at home? Why won't that work here and now?

James Hmm so River it is then. She's not that bad looking so you could do worse. so string/promise or give self from her Seems you're incredibly popular with the ladies at the moment, Is that going to be a problem with the wolf on the prowl? Still hopefully it'll go better than your last relationship went. I heard it was a nasty break up. So dish the gossip!

Beatrice Your hands seem to move almost with a will of their own and draw a picture of light and darkness. You and your classmates seem to stand in the shadows between the two. Perhaps that is the best place for you. Between two worlds able to see into both to observe and learn. Although how much you learn may be limited by the distraction of Irving. He's quite a distraction isn't he? A very fine distraction indeed. take the condition easily distracted you hear someone snicker behind you as they notice the way you're studying Irving. Who is it and how are you going to get them to stop?

Madeline You have a date! and he's totally hot! Admittedly he's probably the reincarnation of someone you may have to kill at some point. But those are minor details. Morgan whispers in your ear so only you can hear. "Clever thinking child. Looks can be a weapon like any other and Arthur had a history of thinking with his shorter lance. A fact I can well testify to. But beware he is fickle and easily tempted. If you wish to keep him close you will have to be careful. Let him get away from you even for an instant and he'll be like he was with that slut Guinevere." Do you detect a note of jealousy there? I certainly didn't. Still there's no guarantee that this Arthur will be the same as the old Arthur is there. What are you going to do to make sure though?

Arthur You have a date! and she's totally hot! Admittedly she's some sort of highly talented sorceress but she's been a great help in your fights around the school. So have you told Merlin about what she can do yet? Maybe he can train her to be even more useful and powerful. You watch now as his eyes flick to yours briefly and then back over to Madeline. Was there a hint of a smile there? Still what are you going to do now?

Irving Well it looks like Madeline and Arthur have decided to put together their own pairing how rude of them! not to even ask you what you thought of the idea. Are you happy with the thought of them as a couple or would you rather have one or both of them to yourself? As for the mysterious H girl Hayley was it? Harriet? Helen? Whatever you don't have to remember the names of the little people anyway. take the condition forgetful Still Beatrice passes a note your way which proves rather intriguing. So many possibilities which one is the more interesting?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm: 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: Forgetful

Yes, well... as I said, she seemed nice, but not very important. I have much more important matters, though!

I'm pleased that Arthur found a date, but I'm a bit conflicted. For starters, I might have wanted to ask her! For a brief moment, I think that everyone I'm interested in will betaken before I can get a word in edgewise, but as the note in front of me indicates, that was a ridiculous fear. I glance back at Beatrice and smile. I quickly write a response and slide it back to her.

quote:

Not at all. That sounds delightful. I was trying to get a group together, and at the moment it looks like Arthur and Madeline would be joining us. I assume that's acceptable?

I.S.B.

Once Mr. Lloyd turns back around, I lean over to Arthur and whisper, "That's moving pretty fast. I'm impressed! Anyway... what happened with you and Arlene last night?" Normally, that'd be a bit rude, but... he did basically announce it to the class. The horse is already out of the barn.

Also, just to note, Arthur made a promise to me to go to the Festival as part of my group.
No takebacksies now that you've got a hot date!

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 25, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Madeline Calhoun

'Well, he can give me a dolorous stroke if he likes, I won't complain.' I smirk down at my paper. 'Besides, he learned his lesson about Guinevere when she ran off with Lancelot. If she shows up he'll know better than to try anything with her. As for anyone else... with you with me I'm sure we can keep his attention.' Was she right? She's certainly the injured party from her time with him, and it's easy to believe a King would be... generous... with his lance, and even the favorable stories indicate Arthur slept around a bit, and there was whatever he and Arlene were talking about, but all the same, I'm not trying to marry him.... though the idea of going steady with him is appealing...

What the hell was going on over there? Hannah fell out of her chair? What a clutz. Not especially a interesting though. As I turn my attention back to my work, they pass over my roommate, who is staring lovestruck towards Irving. I smirk a bit more and lean over to wave a hand in front of her face. "Earth to Beatrice... Got some thing on your mind?" I smile, keeping my voice down low and indicate the note she just got back. "You've got mail~ did you catch a Batherrick?"

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: 0
Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Nada

First River hits me with another wall of innuendo.... uh... she must *really* want it. Not that I don't want i, with a burning aching... stop that. But I'm not quite as... brazen? Still, I can't deny that there are parts of me that the idea really appeals to, that want to uh... "splash around in the river". I imagine River just lying there... and I have to stop myself again. "We'll see ok? I promise it'll be a good time though!" I say noncommittally, the stupid wolf-brain insisting on something else...

Take a string!

Arlene uh... touches my cheek, and I can't stop myself from blushing. Goddamn it. I'm not 13! I have been touched by girls before! This is not a big deal! Still, a part of me cant help but yearn to have her touch me again, creepiness aside. I'm so stunned by the simple contact that I can't muster a reply before she saunters away. Still, between her and river, what the hell is going on? I've never had *issues* with the girls per-se, I do keep in shape, but I've never been part of the popular cliques, with never having any free time at all (either hunting, training to hunt, or trying desperately not to fail), and I don't think I'm much of a charmer? Is one of the side effects of being a werewolf emitting some kind of pheromone? I don't think that's documented, but I resolve to do some research. If that's the case maybe I should invest in something to cover it up... or perhaps not?

Also I'll have to ask Arthur what kind of strange love triangle he's caught in later. Is he... dating two girls at once? That's... I didn't think he had it in him. Good job Arthur!

On the bright side, these three minutes have been more interesting than my entire previous career in math, edging out the bumblebee incident for first place handily. My thoughts wander to the bumblebee incident, when suddenly Hannah collapses. I was going to stand up and do something, but River seems to have it well in hand, and I don't want to mob Hannah, so I just keep a careful eye on them, when Mr Lloyd *finally* reacts. I give River a smile as she leaves. A date is a date, might as well make the best of it. Hopefully I don't wind up eating anyone during my transformation, and get to enjoy going out on a date with someone without quite as many issues as Kathreen.

I wince at the thought. Kathreen and I were.... an item, a while back. One of these amazingly hot intense relationships. She came on to me, of course, because I *still* don't know how to approach a girl. She was... gorgeous, of course, passionate, super into me. Too much into me really. She wanted to spend every minute of every day hanging out. She uh... knew about the business. Not a hunter herself, but her dad was one of the best marksmen we had access to until he retired. She wanted to be a hunter, but there's that chauvinistic no-girls allowed policy. Still, uh, she was insanely clingy, at first, it was fun, but then it was draining. I couldn't avoid her, because she'd just track me down. I told her I wanted space. Nada. We uh... I uh... told her we weren't dating anymore. It wasn't pretty. We had a huge row, and I mean huge, in one of the hallways, everyone in the school probably heard. I called her some things I'm not proud of. She called me some things that still make my ears burn. We uh... haven't talked since? I see her from time to time, but we *deliberately* avoid each other. I definitely still have some lingering... stuff there, but I'm just going to let that *sit*, I have other issues to worry about. Like the non-zero chance of me mauling someone if I'm not careful.

Bleh. More math. I quickly write a note, fold it into a paper airplane and send it zooming Arthur's way.

quote:

We on for hanging out tonight?

Or are you going to be busy with your now furious love life? XD

Hopefully he gets the message that its about hunting. I could use a little exercise, to get all this sudden, unexpected, girl drama out of my head.

I really need to get working on the bio lab plan, but Arthur isn't a good choice for that. Maybe Madeline even Hannah might be good choices. We've gotten in trouble before, I can count on them not to blab. But maybe not to not ask questions?

I almost wish math were my #1 concern again.

TheCog fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 25, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Choose" between them? I don't understand. It's not like I was going to kiss Hannah or anything... T-The only reason my heart is hammering in my chest is because of how sudden Hannah falling over was! I'm just scared! N-Not aroused or anything! H-Haha! Where did you get that idea? Blushing? Psh! No! No....! This is, uh, just from James!

... N-Not that he turned me on ether!

Oh god.

I sit back into my seat, watching Hannah and Arlene leave the room. I'm shivering a little, chewing on my lip. Yeah, I'm worried about Hannah, although I'm more surprised by how soft she was. If I wasn't in class right now, I'd probably still be holding her, and just exploring that softness. Looking into those deep, beautiful eyes! My lips- Wow! Uh, lets maybe not thinking about that here. K thx bi...! James would walk into the room behind us, joining us on the bed. His strong hands running down my back-

STOP
NO
BAD
Later, think about... whatever this is later. God! This would be so much easier under the sea. You could play with anyone you like! You don't have to pick, you just play! And when it came to mating, well the boys fight over us anyways and we just pick the winners. I don't think people would be so willing to go that far. But maybe they do? I don't know. I've never had to do it. No one would dare question Dad when he says no. Wow, I actually kinda miss him.

I try and relax, push... that, to the back of my mind. Ohhh, okay, feeling hot. Really hot. God I could go for a swim right now.

Focus on the task at hand River, the teacher. You need something of his. Something important. Ahhh! Why was this so hard?!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 1
XP 1/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Easily Distracted

The note comes back, and I've barely had a chance to enjoy its implications before I realize that Aaron de Trafford is snickering at me. He's one of those aggressively effortful types, if that's a word: always scrabbling for everything and, one senses, always looking for a weakness he can exploit. Frankly, I'd rather not deal with him right now... so I decide I'm not going to. Surely if I simply pretend I can't hear him, he'll lose interest? Especially if the class is being resumed again, which means perhaps it's best not to engage.

Instead, I turn to Madeline, smile, and then half-nod towards Arthur in turn. All four of us? Well, that's potentially quite an interesting evening. I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but whatever it is, it might have... potential.

Quickly, before Mr. Lloyd can entirely regain control of the classroom, I write another note and send it on its way to Irving:

quote:

You have good taste in friends, I see. I'll be delighted.

-- B.W.-S.

P.S. What in the world is de Trafford so concerned about, to be such a striver? I wonder about that boy.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Forgettable | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Hallways

Well this stinks. At least I'm out of the classroom and get a chance to collect my thoughts. No idea what happened back there, it felt so real, I could have sworn I was right back there on the window ledge. Am I going crazy? And now Arlene is being nice, did I imagine her being an rear end too? I... I don't think so but now I don't know what to think. But I do know I don't actually want to go to the nurse. What's she going to do anyway? I mean she'd be a hell of a nurse if she could help me. Maybe I should just get it over with, tell her I feel out of my chair like a total loser and hurt my shoulder, easy, right? I mean, that is what happened and she's got no reason to doubt that, right? It's not like I got a stab wound from an iron fence, that'd be crazy. But then why am i worried about that? And why is it so easy to imagine the feeling of blood dribbling down my shoulder blade?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I look over at Irving, "Well, we were in the woods out back... and she slipped and fell into the river. She's still pretty grouchy about the whole thing." That's almost entirely true, leaving out the part where I stabbed her. I hope Madeline is fine hanging out with Irving and whoever he invites. It'd be pretty sad to leave my roommate out to dry like that. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if me and Maddy found a few chances to sneak off and have some time together.

Bereft of immediate stimulation, I find my eyes drifting back towards the sweet embrace of sleep. Not even a moment later a paper airplane stabs into the back of my head. Why does everyone hate the idea of me catching up on a little sleep? I unfold the airplane, scrawl a quick reply on it, and then send it on its way back to James.

quote:

Yeah. Usual time and place. Let's meet up during break, got some big news to share.

I definitely need James and Madeline on my side for this. At the very least I need them to understand that Arlene is weird and dangerous. Maybe they'll have some ideas for how to handle something that doesn't die like it should. Maybe I should even bring in Merlin-- nah. I'd hate to get him going on another lecture. He's even more excited about magic, but he has such a weird, intuitive understanding of it that I can't understand a word he says. Maybe Madeline would, though. I'll float the idea of some lessons by him next time we talk, leaving out the names involved for now, and see what he thinks.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Walking through the hallways she doesn't say a single word. Uh... How do I deal with this. And how am I going to get her to meet me somewhere alone? I wouldn't be surprised if the nurse even lets me stay in the room. Woman sure hates the Brennans. Something my one of my older "stepsisters' said or did to her a while back. She sure as hell didn't tell me what, she was too busy bitching at me. I told her to knock it off and let old grudges lie, and she just got even more pissed me. Oh well, gently caress off. Maybe Hannah will just agree to meet with me after school.

"Hey Hannah, you... you okay over there? You're awfully quiet. I... I kind of feel like poo poo for that. Look, I seriously didn't intend to be mean to you like that. I was really riled up because of Arthur, and then... ah, never mind. How about I make it up to you by doing something fun after school? My treat. Like, we could play some games or whatever."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Forgettable | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Hallways

Arlene's voice tears me out of my thoughts. She does seem genuinely sorry. "Maybe... Uhm, what's going on between you and Arthur anyway? Did you guys break up or something? I didn't meant o step in the middle of that or anything, but that seemed pretty mean, asking out James right in front of him." I stop walking to talk to her. It's a good enough excuse to stall while I try to figure out if I even want to risk going to the nurse now. Kinda depends on if I can convince Arlene that I'm fine too but that's kinda awkward to bring up.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"It's... not that, it's... complicated. It's easier to say he dumped me, really."

Into a river! Bleeding to death. But I can't exactly say it out loud, can I. "I... don't really wanna talk about it, sorry. Don't worry about me, though, worry about yourself. You're always so gloomy, you could really use some entertainment, you know?"

... coming from me, yeah yeah, I know...

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 26, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Yeah, sure, that's gonna fix me right up. But it's not like she's entirely wrong either. It feels like it's been forever since I actually had some fun. Or had some friends. Guess I'm desperate enough to accept an invitation like this, even if it's just made out of pity. Beggars can't be choosers and all that, right? "Yeah, I guess. You don't have to do this though. I mean if you're just feeling sorry for me. I'll be fine." But apparently beggars can still try to sabotage themselves.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Look, I loathe to admit it but I'm just as much as a loner as you are. We might as well stick together, right?" I reply to Hannah.

Well, to be honest I'm kind of planning of getting you to the afterlife so I can't really keep you as a friend, but eh. Got to get you into a position not to cause a gigantic ruckus with me as the obvious culprit first...

"Well, here we go. I... I'll just wait outside... Nurse doesn't like me much."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +1 | Cold: +2X | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Forgetful

I can't help but grin, as I whisper, "Ah, well, look at you. Making all the ladies wet. And already moving on. What a heartbreaker." My tone makes it clear I'm teasing, but I'm still grinning over the mental image of Arthur's shocked and apologetic face and Arlene drenched and furious. It also makes Arthur's earlier outburst much more understandable. He just wanted to make sure she was ok. Again, he could have done it a bit more tactfully, but his heart was in the right place. And, as his friend, I'm going to make sure he puts his best foot forward with Madeline. I'll have to give it a bit of thought, though... In the meantime, I have yet another note to read.

...hm. That won't do. I'm already fond of Beatrice, and especially since she's my date, I won't stand for someone attempting to mock her for simply being interested in me. I glance over my shoulder to make sure I'm thinking of the right person, and when I catch Trafford's leering eyes, I'm sure of it. I write my response large enough to be easily read by Trafford and then hand it back in such a way to make sure he gets a good look at it.

quote:

Well, it's really tragic he's so easily distracted from his own business.
If he could focus more, maybe he wouldn't be about to be dropped from the fencing team.

<capfalcon> Shut down Trafford
<capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon, 7+2 = 9

Give him lazy

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 26, 2016

• Locked thread