Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Forgettable | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Hallways

"That's alright, I mean... it doesn't hurt that much, I'm pretty sure I'd just be wasting her time. I just kinda wanted to get out of the room cause I kinda made myself look like an idiot. Plus it's math, right?" I try to joke and it falls pretty flat. But maybe Arlene is right, she was mean but she doesn't seem like one of the popular girls now that I think about it. "See, already feels better." I move my arm around a bit and try not to wince from how sore it feels. "It's just a bruise, what's she going to do anyway, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 1 continued

The corridor outside

Hannah: So where do you go then if not to the nurses office? What excuse are you going to give if anyone catches the two of you outside of class?

Arlene: What do you know about banishing ghosts anyway? Assuming that's what Hannah really is of course. Still there has to be some way to get them to move on. How are you going to persuade her to cooperate with you in this?

Classroom

Irving Trafford doesn't say a word to you but judging by the glare you might not want to walk down any dark corridors on your own. take the condition dead meat Looks like he's taken a dislike to you. Is the feeling mutual given the way he was leering at your date? What are you going to do make sure everyone knows she's yours?

River: You watch as the teacher looks at Arthur with a small smile. Hmm seems like there's a connection there. Maybe you could find a way to use Arthur to get you closer to him. Of course you'd have to give Arthur a reason to help you, What do you have in mind that you think he might like? Or did you already come up with a different plan to do it?

James Hmm looks like Arthur's willing to help you out of a sticky situation. Have you thought about enlisting him to help you with your wolf problem? he does seem to know quite a lot about it after all even if he doesn't have your families training. Of course there are risks. What if he decides your a threat and turns on you like your family would if they knew. Still your going to have to come up with something before friday. Any idea where to start?

Beatrice My my, looks like Irving is getting remarkably protective. Who knew you could have that kind of effect on him, How do you feel about letting him defend you anyway, are you happy for him to do so or are you going to stand up for yourself? Seems your not the only one whose curious about what's going on either . Seems Madeline would like to know too. What do you tell her?

Madeline You feel Morgan's interest pop up as you lean in close to Beatrice, "Hmm there's something unusual about this one. She smells of old forgotten magic, and yet she is new. Interesting." Seems your not the only one interested in finding out about her. Come to think of it you have noticed something odd about the way she behaves haven't you? Didn't one of your cronies make fun of her for it? What was it again?

Arthur Well that can't be good. First Merl- Mr Lloyd gives you the eye. He wants to have a word with you when the lesson is over. And then when you look back you see Madeline and Beatrice whispering to each other. Both of those aren't good are they? Still you've handled bigger crises. And now after that tremendous bout of innuendo River is looking at you too. Seems your the centre of attention right now, What are you going to do to take advantage of it?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Aug 30, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 0
Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Meanie, Getting around

Hmm, Hannah sure is a weird one. She's sort of constantly crossing the line between being an obvious ghost and being a normal person after all... But the hardest part is getting them to accept it. And I have no idea if Hannah even knows. They... usually freak out. Which is why I need to be alone with her, and even a nurse office isn't enough, probably.

After that I need to persuade her I can help her... which is probably going to be just as hard, sadly.

But she seems indecisive about going in or not.

"Well, last chance to decide." I say to nudge her one way or the other.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Madeline Calhoun
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: None

I mouth 'nice one' at Beatrice, then nod and wink in response to her gestures at Arthur. Since I got who I wanted for my date, I'm glad Beatrice got someone as good as Irving. She's a good person, or, well, maybe a bad person, but my kind of bad person, considering she covered for my stealing. Which is odd enough to have aroused my interest, though not Morgan's. I would have thought she'd know about whatever magic is effecting her. Maybe she needs something particularly to find out whatever magic she has. But Beatrice is magic... Or has some magic which is very interesting. I wonder if its something that attached itself to her by chance, or something she's controlling. Another witch could be dangerous, but it could be very useful.

I close my eyes, trying to remember if I've seen any signs about her. She's... a little odd, no denying it. Just the other day a couple of Madeline's-my cronies were laughing about her eating habits. They think she's anorexic, because she eats so little. Not like she skips meals, but I've never seen her having a snack in our dorm room, and when I've eaten around her she almost always has left over food on her plate, and it isn't like she heaps it up either. And, what I think is actually odd about it, which no one else mentioned, is that I've never heard her mention a favorite food, or dessert, or one she hates. Everyone has a food they just won't eat, or that they love. But she's never mentioned either. Still, not a lot I can make from that.

With a mental shrug I file it under 'things to think about later' and turn to the front of the classroom just in time to see Arthur looking at the two of us. I wink at him again and lick my lips, slowly and deliberately. I'm feeling flirty, sue me.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Forgettable | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Hallways

"Yeah, it's fine." I say. My first instinct is to just take off and head to one of my hiding places, probably the one above the Art classroom. Mull over how much of an idiot I just made myself in front of the whole class. But then I'd have to get rid of Arlene first and who knows whether or not she'd rat me out to Mr. Loyd? My hand slowly lets go of the door handle and I turn back around to look at Arlene. It's kind of a sad truth that this is probably the best shot at making a friend she's had in a while. Maybe she shouldn't just give up on that, even if it's Arlene, who didn't exactly make the best first impression on here. She is here with her and she didn't seem like she was that bothered by having to walk her to the nurse's office. "I think I'll give the rest of Math a pass though, I think. Uhm... do you maybe wanna hang out instead? Mr. Loyd's probably not expecting us back anyway." If anybody catches us I guess we'll pretend we're just going to the bathroom or fetching something for a class. Or maybe just pretend we got a free period if it's not one oft he teachers we have any classes with.

Atropha fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 31, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Dull Sword

Oh no. It's finally happened. I've become too popular. I surreptitiously glance back at Madeline (returning the wink, naturally), Beatrice, and River before looking back up to Mr. Lloyd. I can't very well diffuse any of this when Merlin has his eyes right on me. When is that bell going to ring anyways? I have a busy break planned. I need to meet with Merlin, catch Madeline and James up about the whole Arlene-is-an-evil-monster thing, and, god, I don't even know. Get to class? Probably that too.

I sigh, perhaps a little dramatically, and run my hand back through my hair. It's tough being a King.

quote:

Tricky
Turn on River
!roll 2d6+1
Krysmbot
Tricky, 11+1 =

String for me!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Sure, works for me. Anything in particular you had in mind?" I ask Hannah, taking a look around to see if anyone's listening in. Doesn't seem to.

"Honestly, screw math..."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +1 | Cold: +2X | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Forgetful

I return a droll look to Trafford. Does he honestly think he can threaten me? That's just precious.

<capfalcon_work> Hold Steady
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 8+2 = 10

Cleansing dead meat

I give Beatrice a much put upon "It's a shame we have to deal with rabble like that" shake of my head and then turn back forward, putting him out of my mind. After all, it's not like he's actually a threat for her attentions. Anyway, I need to make sure Beatrice has something from me to show how much I appreciate her. I've learned my lesson from last time though. First, I'm going to give it to her. And second, no clothes. I'll just give her an accessory. Like, a necklace or a bracelet.

Also... I should get a new outfit for the party. And since I want to make sure Arthur has a good time, I'll be bringing him along too. That'll be fun, I'm sure. I'll mention it to him later in the day.

So many gifts, so little time. Now, let's see... what could I give to Beatrice that would be special...

<capfalcon_work> Gaze about gifts
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 9-1 = 8

Unclear visions about jewelry that would be meaningful to Beatrice

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Hot: +0 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Math Class, getting really uncomfortable turned on.

I manage to push those thoughts out of my head for now. But I'm not going to lie, it's really, really hard...

NO!

I mean not thinking about it! Not-not that!! Ew!

Then I catch sight of Arthur. He seems to know the teacher! He's gotta be able to help! Yeah! I just need to go and get his atten...

King Arthur posted:

I sigh, perhaps a little dramatically, and run my hand back through my hair. It's tough being a King.

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Nope! Nope! Not thinking about it!

I'm NOT!

I'm not- my heart pounds as Arthur looks me in the eye, he smiles at me, kissing me slowly. I can do little but gasp and melt as Hanna and James start to touch me from behind and-

WHY?!

I half consider stabbing myself with a pen. But I used it to write out a note instead. Anything to distract myself. I take a few passes at it...

River's note posted:

Hi Arthur

I was hoping wondering if you might be able to help me. Would it be okay Could you meet me STOP BEING PRETTY YOU BASTARD

I scribble it all out. Okay, this wasn't working. I crumpled the note and put it in my pocket. I pinch myself to bring my focus back in. That done, I start again.

RIVER NOTE 2.0 posted:

Arthur

I really need your help with something, I'm kinda out of options here, so I'd really appreciate it if you could meet me after class. I'll be waiting by the fountain out front. If you could meet me there it would be really cool and I'd be super grateful!

River (That american girl behind you to the left!) <3

Yeah! Much better! I also write one to Irving, because he was going to help me break into that shed. Maybe he'd be willing to help me now! I really hope so.

River to Irving, come in Irving posted:

Hi Irving!

You remember that thing with the shed? When you were helping me break in and then the groundsman came out of nowhere and we both booked?

Well, would you still be interested in helping me? Not with the shed, but with something else! I'm going to be out by that fountain outside after class. Would you mind meeting me there?

River.

I pass them both to the two boys. Then I chews on my lip, looking at James. A blush rising on my cheek. I can't help but flash a shy little smile at him. Man.....! He's so handsome- WAIT! NO! BAD THOUGHTS! I should at least wait until I was out of class before I started fantasising!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: 0
Harm: 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Nada

Having received Arthur's note, I give him a nod and slink back into my thoughts.

The tranquilizer. While Arthur is a great guy and I'm sure he'd be willing to help almost anything, I don't think he'd handle me being a monster well. He's uh... not much about analyzing complex moral dilemmas. More of a stab first ask questions after kind of guy. I'll probably tell him, eventually, if we keep this monster hunting thing going, but his first reaction to things seems to be to... stab. Which I get! Trust me, I'm not mad at him or anything. Just cautious. I uh... well, it's dumb, but he's my friend, I don't want to put him in the position where I go on a rampage and he feels its his responsibility for not putting me out of my misery.

In the meantime, it seems like River is sending up a storm of notes, but she smiles at me(!) and its... ok, its really cute. It was a desperation move, but maybe it was the right call. I'm actually kind of... excited for Saturday.

On topic though, I need to figure out how the hell i'm breaking into the bio lab. I send a plane in the direction of Madeline.

quote:

If you're not busy after class, I've got a favor to ask

I'm not very subtle, but I am desperate, and Madeline is a friend, right?

If she's not willing I guess I'll ask Beatrice.

In the meantime, I try to hone my... wolf instincts thing. This is not something I'm very good at, mind you, but I've made it work. It's just... well, I have no idea *how* it works. I let my senses go, and try to figure out who can best help me into breaking into the bio lab...

Gaze into the abyss 2d6+0: 4

Great. Marking exp!

Instead of any stunning revelation, I feel my stomach gurgle. drat, right, I'm hungry, I haven't eaten in like... two hours.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

I give a slight shrug at Arlene. There's plenty of places that are out of the way but suggesting that kinda thing would sound... weird, wouldn't it? Besides, those are really more places to hide, not to hang out with someone, except maybe that room above the Art classroom, but I'm not taking her there. Call it weird, but that place is mine and showing it to somebody I'm not even sure I can call a friend seems invasive somehow. Too personal. "Dunno, probably someone on the grounds, we're bound to run into somebody inside. Figured maybe head out past the Soccer pitch. I got some smokes hidden out by the abandoned stables and I've never seen a teacher wander out all the way there."

I start walking without waiting for a response. Regardless of whether she wants to come along, we definitely shouldn't be having this conversation right in front of the nurse's office. I try not to wince as I shift the strap of my backpack on my shoulder and glance back at Arlene to see if she's coming.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I try not to notice her obviously actually being hurt as I follow along. Or... delude herself into thinking she's hurt? Hell if I know, ghosts are weird.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Dull Sword

A note is pressed into my hand and I read it. River wants to meet at break, now? She needs help with... something. Going by the way she's been rocking back and forth in her seat and blushing, I have a guess as to what. Do these people think I'm made of time? I mean, hey, yeah, I'd certainly be game under normal circumstances. I'm tempted, even. Right now, though, I have real problems to deal with. Like a banshee! And my date with Madeline! Merlin! So many problems to solve at break. River? She didn't even rate on my emergency scale.

I scrawl a quick response to the note and passed it back. I try and be as diplomatic as possible, but uh... It's River. Who knows where her mind is.

The Note posted:

Hey, River, not today. Possibly not even this semester. I'm super busy with important stuff at the moment. Big issues, you know how it is, got a lot of irons in the fire. People to see and all that.

Why don't you ask your date for help with that, anyways? That seems more up his alley.

quote:

08:44 Tricky Now it's time to Shut Down River
08:44 Tricky !roll 2d6-1
08:44 Krysmbot Tricky, 9-1 =

Strings go away on both ends and I mark XP.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Location: Math Class, getting really uncomfortable turned on.

....oh.

W-Well that's okay, maybe he's just really busy! Yeah! ....yeah....!

Okay, I'll be honest, I don't really understands what he means. I didn't say why I wanted to talk to him... maybe he misunderstood? I'll have to try and talk to him later. But not right now. I'm feeling a little down. Rejection hurts, you know? Hopefully Irving can still help, and maybe James can help me too! I hope so... I don't know what to do, and honestly? I'm scared. I've never stolen anything before!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: None

Still looking at Arthur, I can't help but see River slip him a note. Judging from the way she's looking at him, it's probably a love note or something -she looks like she wants to have his babies, here and now- but it gets my mind working. If she tells Arthur I want something of Merlin's, it'll tip my, and Morgan's hand here. I'm going to have to head her off after class. And if she's going out with James... Well I'm not so worried about that but if she lets him know, and he mentions it to Arthur... Trouble.

Still thinking that over, I almost miss getting a message from none other than James. I unfold it, give it a quick scan, then look up at him and nod. Then I tap my watch and hold up two fingers. I'll need to talk to River first, shouldn't take more than a couple minutes though.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Notes, notes, notes. Does anyone in this class actually pay attention? I know I have no room to talk, but I actually know all of this material!

Anyway, I flip open River's note, and my eyes go wide. Bringing up that time I tried to help her before... is she trying to blackmail me? Reminding me what she knows before asking for a "favor?" The little minx! I've obviously underestimated her. She obviously missed the part where I knew the groundskeeper, but still. Between that earlier spout of innuendo and this demonstration of base cunning, perhaps I was wrong. Maybe she IS worth getting to know?

I quickly pen a response, and flick it back to her. It's curt, but I'm honestly intrigued.

quote:

I'll hear you out after class. No promises about helping until I know what I'm agreeing to, though.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 2, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 1
XP 1/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Easily Distracted

Well, that's de Trafford put in his place, isn't it? Being cut from fencing would serve him right. I start to write another note:

quote:

Oh, what's he done? Or what hasn't he done, should I say? Is he just not good eno

Oh, bloody -- I've let my attention wander again, focusing on de Trafford as if he matters, and now River, of all people, is sending Irving notes. I can't tell whether his reaction is positive, but it's certainly emphatic. Is she making a move? She's vulgar, isn't she -- is that just something about Yanks? Hurriedly, I finish the note

quote:

... Is he just not good enough?

Mayflower a friend of yours, by the way? We haven't much mingled. She's from across the pond, isn't she?

That is the phrase, isn't it? "Across the pond?" Father's mostly just fond of "Yank," but I have to be a bit different, don't I? Well, that's the note off -- too late to worry about phrasing now.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

quote:

He just can't hack it, apparently. I've watched Arthur spar with him before, and it's simply embarrassing.

And not quite a friend, no. But she's asking for some help with a problem, and just hearing her out can't hurt.

Also, yes, she's a Yank. Makes you wonder why she came all the way here, doesn't it?

I actually fold the note properly this time. I've already put Trafford in his place. No need to kick a man while he's down.

As I hand it back to her, my hand brushes against hers, and I turn to look at her, making eye contact for a moment. Then, I grin and look away. Yes, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy our date.

Turn on Beatrice
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 6+1 = 7

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 2, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Forgettable | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Near the Soccer Pitch

Arlene doesn't say anything and just follows after me. I guess that's a yes then. So we quietly head through the empty hallways. Once that would have seemed weird but you get used to nobody being around and leaving otherwise bustling buildings empty when you wander around at night. We slip out one of the doors leading out back and make our way towards the Soccer pitch. No one's got training at this time, so it seems to be as empty as expected. As we amble along the path the silence is getting kind of awkward so I try to fill it. "So, what do you usually do for fun? When you're not ditching class to hang out with a weirdo like me, I mean?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Eh, the usual nerd things. Books, music... Although I also enjoy going for walks in the woods. Besides, trust me, you aren't the weirdest gh-- girl I've seen yet. Y-yeah. Not by a long shot. V-villages like this can get really weird you know?" I respond to Hannah.

loving helllll I can't believe that nearly slipped out. I sure hope she didn't hear that. Ugh this is why sleep deprivation is bad...

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Forgettable | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Near the Soccer Pitch

I furrow my brow. Why is she stammering? Is she nervous or something? She certainly didn't seem to have that problem earlier. Hell she basically blurted out that she hooked up with Arthur in the middle of class so she doesn't exactly strike me as a nervous dork. The only reason anybody could have to be nervous around me is... if... Oh my god, does she know!? No, she couldn't possibly. I don't even know what would happen if somebody looked into things and realizes I'm not supposed to be here. What if they decide I'm some kinda impostor instead and just throw me out of school? Then I'd be stuck in whatever that place was I ended up when I tried to leave. Is that why those others dead people hide more? Are they afraid they're gonna get thrown out into whatever that place is? I can't let that happen and if she knows then... then I have to make sure she doesn't blab about it. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe she doesn't know... Just gotta be careful and sound like I'm joking around.

"Yeah, pretty weird. Who knows what kind strange stuff goes on around here, right? Hey, what's the matter, you look like you've seen a ghost." I chuckle nervously, hoping that it just comes across as sounding like I'm nervous about making a dumb joke to someone I don't know very well.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 1
XP 2/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Easily Distracted

Something involuntary flares inside me, and my cheeks are suddenly, irrationally warm. Yes, Irving is very handsome, isn't he? I just have to... put this thing with the Yank out of my mind. Irving has any number of associates, after all, and she needs a favor. This can't go so badly... can it?

Take a String!

The eye contact -- oh, that's a good idea, too. I'm not the best at it, or, rather, it doesn't tend to have the best effect, in my experience, but... perhaps I need practice. I don't avert my gaze from Irving's, watching him steadily, and allow myself a very small smile.

Turn On Irving: 2d6 5
Welp, narratively appropriate failure is narratively appropriate. Marking XP for Hot, at least.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 1

Irving: You drift off into a pleasant day dream as you think of what you could give Beatrice as a gift. She's the type of girl that doesn't seem to value the ordinary she likes the unusual the different. Your mind flashes through the conventional the banal the rubies, the pearls, the diamonds. And finally it comes to you. You know just the thing. A unique piece of jewellery almost as unique as her. The thing being it was sent as part of the tribute sent from one of your mother's cultists from the north. Still I'm sure she wouldn't miss one little necklace....

James Your senses drift and turn as you try and figure out who can best help you. But the wolf isn't cooperating, Why it asks do you need help from inferiors, from prey. You are better than them stronger, faster, more cunning. You can do this alone. Of course no one ever said wolves were smart. gain the condition Predator

Beatrice The smile seems ok at first but then becomes a trifle fixed and practised, darn it. You still haven't got it quite right. Still it's a good effort I suppose. But something to work on in the future. You still aren't quite there on displaying proper emotions. gain the condition Stepford Smiler

--------------------------------------------------------------
Scene 2

Finally after what seemed like an eternity, the hell that is Calculus comes to an end. Mr Lloyd hands out homework to an audible groan from half the class "I expect this work to be completed by Thursday, and can someone make sure that Arlene and Hannah get a copy." Still at least that's another days schooling survived . "Class Dismissed" He says although as people go to leave the room he beckons Arthur over to him for a quick chat.

Arthur: "Well well well, young Arthur, things seem to be going quite well for you with the ladies. I'd advise you to be cautious and chaste in your behaviour but I know from past experience it will fall on deaf ears." he says quite light heartedly before shifting to a more serious tone. "Anyway to business, my wards have been detecting the use of magic, oddly familiar magic. I suspect one of the students is dabbling in things they shouldn't be. I'd like you to find out who and encourage them to stop." What are you going to do? He's clearly talking about Madeline do you confess it's her or do you keep quiet for her? That could make things awkward about your date after all...

Irving: So how are you going to get that necklace for Beatrice? I suppose you could just ask your mother for it. I mean it's not like she uses half of the stuff she's given after all But what if she wants to know what it's for. Do you think she'd approve of you spending time with someone like Beatrice? Also what do you suppose River wants help with anyway? It must be something important given how agitated she was acting.

River: Relax I'm sure you can find someone to help you out. How are you even going to explain why you want to steal something from one of the teachers?. After all that would look somewhat crazy right. And now Madeline is giving you the eye, she clearly wants to talk to you. Still maybe she's getting impatient. Perhaps you better grab James or Irving for help soon so you have something to tell her. Who are you going to start with?

James: Hmm say what you will about your wolf instincts, they're not particularly great about long term thinking. Yes your classmates may mill about like so much prey but they can be useful nonetheless providing you can control your instincts of course. Can you? Who do you suppose would be the most helpful for your little break-in?

Beatrice: You clearly have a lot of studying to do and I don't just mean the banal work about calculus. What are you going to do with Irving. What do you even know about human romance anyway? I assume this is your first date. Do you have anyone you can turn too for advice on what you need to do?

Madeline You need to talk to River urgently but she's dithering talking to someone else over you. How rude. So what do you and your cronies have planned for this evening? How are you going to get River to stay away from Arthur?

Arlene: Someone is going to die. You know it with a certainty, someone is going to die tonight. You have a job to do. You have to find them let them know, Where are they going to die and do you have any sense of who it's going to be? or is it just a generalised feeling without a specific person?

Hannah: Arlene freezes as you ask if she's seen a ghost. Does she know? How! she can't know can she? Can you think of anything that can distract her quickly?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

This just keeps getting worse. First the whole thing with Arthur, and now this. Right in front of Hannah, too. Crap. Did she notice!?

Okay, okay. Doesn't matter. The vision was pretty clear. And guess what? It's the freaking forest again. Given how nervous they are, it's a stupid dare. Unfortunately, what's gonna kill them... is not the forest itself, but a werewolf. Better not be freaking Carason again. Unfortunately, I can't tell when exactly - but it's not quite dark yet. Hmm, this one is going to get really tricky. I can't take on a werewolf by myself!

Pretty much impossible. gently caress, what do I do here? Ask James? Little coward is avoiding me. gently caress, I may have to trick Arthur into helping me here. I don't like the looks of this.

Crap, this would be so much easier if these visions showed me who, instead of just where and how...

Oh, right. Hannah's here too. And I've been staring at her, lost in thought.

gently caress. gently caress all of this.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: None

Cronies is a bit of a misrepresentation I think. Madeline never made herself a gang, but was merely popular enough that a few people would gravitate around her to join in with whatever she was doing, especially when she was bullying someone less popular than she was. I'm sure some people will do the same at Festival, but I don't know what plans these people have. I'll just spend the time with Arthur, and whoever decides to join up with us - unless I sneak off to have a bit more fun than you can have in a group...

But first is River. Who cares if she's talking to someone? Well, Megan would have, but I don't. I walk up to her, smiling pleasantly, and slip an arm around her shoulders. "Just need a quick word River~" With that, I steer her off into an empty corner of the hall. "Oh R~iver.... Be a good little seal and don't let anyone know you're taking it for me. I don't mind if your seducing James to get some help, but leave Arthur out of it, and make sure he knows to keep it quite okay? If anyone found out about this... well I wouldn't want you to get into trouble." My smile has teeth to it.

<godfish> turn on River
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7-1 = 6
spending a string to make that a 7
self promise string

<godfish> shut down River
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 2+1 = 3
<godfish> :I
<godfish> thanks Krysmbot
<godfish> thanks.
exp for hot

GodFish fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 4, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: Forgettable | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Near the Soccer Pitch

Oh god, she knows! How does she know? gently caress, if she tells anybody I'm so screwed beyond belief. She's still staring at me, say something, anything, change the topic to something less incriminating before she can open her mouth and say something like 'Yeah, I'm looking at her right now' and cement everything as being hosed. Even if she knows, maybe if it's not said out loud the fact that she's figured it out somehow will be less real. As long as it's not acknowledged, right? That's something. Has to be.

"H-hey, anyway..." I chuckle nervously. Just because my joke didn't land. yeah. That's all, nothing else. I can feel cold dread creeping up my neck, but I gotta keep it together. "What's going on with you and Arthur anyway? D-did you two actually hook up?"

10:41 SuddenC Holding Steady for the ghost
10:41 SuddenC !r 2d6+1
10:41 Krysmbot SuddenC, 10+1 = 11
Removing 'Forgettable'

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"No I did not. Look, it's, ugh, gently caress. You're going to keep asking me until I tell you what really happened, aren't you?" I reply to Hannah.

Gah. gently caress, can I tell her? I mean, she's dead. maybe I can blackmail her with that. Still don't want to tell her, but she is pestering me enough that I just wanna tell her already. Ugh....

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2 ||| Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: Forgettable | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Near the Soccer Pitch

Not that I particularly care whether or not she hooked up with Arthur but it's as good a distraction as any. "So something did happen but you didn't hook up?" What the hell is she embarrassed about now compared to earlier when she told half the class she got laid? Even if it was a lie, that's still pretty bold. I gotta admit I'm kind of curious what'd be worse than that. "He didn't do anything bad, did he?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

gently caress it. I guess the more people I can rile up against Arthur, the better. I mean, I won't stay dead but dying still hurts, okay? Don't particularly feel like doing it every time I run into Arthur.

"Ugh, fine. He freaking killed me, okay!? Rammed a sword right through my chest and then left me to bleed out in the river! There. Is your curiosity sated now?!" I nearly yell at her, before quickly realizing that that may not be the best idea.

"Can I trust you to keep your mouth shut about this? Not like anyone would believe you... or me, anyway..."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 7, 2016

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

I probably look like an idiot staring at Arlene. To say that this isn't what I expected would be the understatement of the century. She's... dead? Like me? Is that why she froze at what I said? Bloody hell, and that happened last night? "He... he killed you?" I say before I realize that sounding like I'm even entertaining the idea says a lot about me. What normal person would not take that as some kind messed up joke or something. "You seem alright to me." I try to segue into a joke that's probably horribly insensitive if she's telling the truth. It's the last thing I'd want to hear at least and here I am making fun of her. "I mean... gently caress." It's not much but there's a lot of, I dunno, I guess familiarity and commiserating in that one word that I'm not sure how to get out otherwise.

"I'm sorry. I... I kinda know what that feels like." I add after bit of an awkward pause.

Atropha fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 7, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"I... I'll figure something out-- w-wait, you know what what this is like? How?! I... I kind of expected another reaction to that ... Uh, nevermind."

Uh, not exactly how I intended to befriend her, but... I guess it... worked? Maybe? At the very least she seems more inclined to work with me now. I'll figure out how to deal with all of the other stuff later...

"Thanks for believing me, Hannah. It... it means a lot to me."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 7, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

I winced after Madeline puts her arms around my shoulders. She drags me into the corner, and I can't help but become a little submissive. She's got my pelt! I don't want her to hide it and never give it back!

"B-B-But Madeline...! How am I supposed to do this if I can't get any help! A-Arthur knows t-that teacher man...! S-So... maybe....! H-He can...!" I started. Madeline was being so- so mean! How was I supposed to get the stupid thing if I can't explain why I need it! Also Madelines trying to be really... uh... forward, like she's kinda just touching my shoulder and making this look at me. I don't know if I should be scared, or um, turned on? I think? Mostly I just feel confused. also kinda put upon. The only reason I'm feeling um... hot under the coller is because of everything that happened before. Not because the heat of her breath on my neck is sending shivers through me. Oh god, please don't, you'll make me make noises...!

"A-All right, fine. But I-I-I don't know what I'm trying to g-get! O-O-Or how to get it! I-I'm not a thief!" She looked into Madeline's eyes. "Maybe... you could h-help me? Please?"

- - -
<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 River - Turn On Madeline
8:39 PM !r 2d6
8:39 PM K<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens ArashiOfOrdo3, 2 = 2
8:39 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Ha!

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 8, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

River is really pathetic... Enough that it's making me feel bad for her, except that unlike how I was, she's still popular, and pretty, and banging guys in the pool or something. Someone like that doesn't have any right to act so weak and scared. "I didn't say you couldn't get help, just that you can't get Arthur to help." I let out a small irritated groan. "Look, just wait until he's at dinner or something, all the teachers go at the same time, and then get into his office and grab something that looks personal or that he uses a lot out of it and then scram."

She still looks lost though. "If you really need help get James to do it, and make up an excuse like... He gave you a bad grade on one of your papers, so you want to get back at him by taking something he'll miss but not something that'll actually be a big deal. That's why I want you to do this, so it should work for that. And if he doesn't look like he's buying it, give him a blowjob or something and he'll forget all about it. Shouldn't be hard for you."

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

There's so much stuff going through my head right now. Things that I never really had to consider myself. I don't think I could keep it together if I was in the same room as Emory. Maybe she's still in shock? "Uhm... Do you think we should do something? About Arthur, I mean? What if he stabs someone else? Or thinks you survived and he has to finish what he started?" The more I'm thinking about this the more it's freaking me out. And it's kind of sad that I can actually picture this place harboring the kinda people who might do messed up things like that. With a sword even. Who just has something like that on hand? That's some serial killer poo poo.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"B-B-B-Blow job!!!?" Okay, maybe that was a bit of an over reaction... "But I! I-I've never even kissed a guy!" my face has gone completely red. Can you blame me? I mean, god!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Oh please, you can't try to play the innocent virgin card after talking about how much fun having sex in the water is back there. At least half the class heard you." What a feeble excuse. She's good at acting flustered at least though. "You did practically everything short of jumping James' bone in front of everyone."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hmm, the question here is, how do I get her to NOT stupidly endanger herself here? That's going to be a hard one.

"I... don't know, Hannah. I really don't know. But... yeah, fairly sure he knows. What did you think that comment about me being stiff was about?" I reply giving her time to think.

"I don't know what to do about him frankly. I... I'm not a fighter, and I'm nowhere as popular as he is. But hey, promise me something, okay?"

Sighing, I continue. "Look, I... I don't want to get you into trouble, okay? What if he goes after you too? I... I don't know. I appreciate your willingness to help, but..."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"WHAT!" I'm shocked, I am flustered! "I-I-I was talking about swimming! Like, actual swimming! I-In w-w-water!" I make front stroke motions with my hands, they're shaking. "W-Was...? W-Was everyone else t-talking a-about sex?! D-D-D-Did...... d-did everyone else think I was talking about s-sex.....? Di-did James......?"

Okay, breath. Don't start to panic now...! Oh no!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1

Yes... that necklace would be perfect. It's discrete enough to not be tacky, but clearly valuable upon even a curiory examination. And she'd doubtless approve of my intended recipient. Beatrice comes from good stock, and she's a very capapble person on her own. Yes, Mother would be quite approving.

But, that necklace IS a tribute from one of her devotees, not a mere bauble to be given away. While she has no personal I doubt she'd just give it to me, if only because it would be so insulting to the person who originally gave it to her. So, I'll have to give her something else she wants. What that would be... would be tricky, to be sure. Still, maybe I could convince her to let me have it for a service to be had in the future.

It's a bit much to go through for a first gift, perhaps, but I'm nothing if not good to my friends.

Still, I have a promise to keep. I spot River and make my way over to her, saying, "River, you asked to have a word?" However, as I get closer, I see that she's speaking with Madeline, and the pair of them were apparently engaged in a very animated discussion. For starters, River's blush is quite impressive. I cock my head and look at the pair of them, saying, "...Sorry, am I interrupting? I was just under the impression that it was urgent."

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Irving

OH poo poo IRVING

How much did he hear? Not much? I don't know. I've just sort of panicking at this point.

"U-Uh! W-We were, s-s-she was... I-I was....!" I start to stammer. My eyes flicking back and forth between each of them. "U-Urgent! Y-Yes! U-U-Uh come with m-me!" I don't want to be in this conversation any more. I just want to be in my room under the blankets and not thinking about any of this! Please!

Please?

• Locked thread