Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I nod, smiling trustingly at Arthur. Pretty sure that should do it. "Right. I'm sure i can count on you to work things out. If anything else happens." I squeeze his fingers once again, enjoying the sensation of them against my own. "Yeah, he asked me the same thing, but after class he just yelled at me and ran off with River instead." I shrug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 2 Continued

Arthur: That's ridiculous right? Still James has been acting kind of odd lately hasn't almost like he's hiding something. Have you any idea what it could be? What are you going to do to get him to open up to you? Of course you'll have to find him first. Do you have any idea where he might be?

Madeline: Hmm looks like the seed has been planted and least and well look at his reaction to that kiss. Looks like you're safe on that event. Can you believe this is happening to you? you have Arthur chasing after you and looking very decorative Beatrice of all people is coming to you for advice. Things are looking up. Still all is not perfect, ugh it's Rose coming towards you. You've already had a run in with her already haven't you? What was it over and why don't you think you'll get along with her?

Beatrice You close your eyes for a moment and see River trapped in a web, one that looks like it's been woven by a huge spider. She struggles to free herself from the web to no avail. Desperate she turns to Irving and James. "Help me get free please. I'll do anything. Anything at all." you hear her say. Although all it looks like is she's dragging them in deeper with her till they're all trapped. Waiting for the spider.... With a shudder you come back to yourself Only to be greeted by Irving smiling face. Do you warn him about River? How would you explain your worries to him?

Rose: Ugh well at least that was a more interesting first lesson than you might have expected. All everyone wants to talk about is this stupid festival and who they're taking with them. Hell there's Madeline and Arthur kissing. And it looks like Irving and Beatrice are hitting it off well too. Seems like your the only one who doesn't have a date right now. Still you could have anyone you want couldn't you with a little effort. Who do you want? and what are you going to do if they're already taken?

Irving Beatrice looks almost disturbed to see you. That's rather odd. Still I'm sure there's something you can do to cheer her up right? And here comes that new girl Rose is it? What about her seems oddly familiar?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 25, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Hot: +2 | Cold: -1| Volatile: -1 | Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions:

"Hello! Sorry to interrupt, but I felt like I should introduce myself properly. I'm Rose Silverbran. I'm sure you've heard about my family a lot already, so I won't bother you with that." Actually, I'm not really all that sorry - I mostly don't care if I'm interrupting or not, but I kind of do need to get a little bit of a social foothold here.

Giving a nice smile to really draw out my natural beauty (look, not to brag (just kidding, totally am, although I do have a tiny bit of a glamour going), I seem to be drawn to Irving. Adjusting my hair in a playful way, I continue, addressing him: "You look pretty knowledgeable. Would you mind showing me around a bit? Please?"

Giving him a nice wide smile as well as putting my hands up to my chest in a pleading gesture, surely he couldn't refuse me?

Turn on Irving: 2d6+2 7

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 26, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 1
XP 4/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Easily Distracted, Stepford Smiler

At Irving's touch, I look up, inadvertently quite startled. If anything I'm thinking is right... well, I think I may be both right and wrong. Wrong in that River doesn't mean harm, but certainly right in that there's real harm here. But Irving is smiling at me, and... oh.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, I'm afraid I was thinking about things... and the bonfire." How do I warn him without making it clear that I'm afraid for him, that he and James are in very serious danger? Or do I just say so? No, now feels more like I should be coy, especially as I catch sight of the girl walking down the hall, intent on getting Irving's attention. "You, ah -- you haven't put that aside, have you? Believe me, I plan to make it..." Do I touch him now? Perhaps, casually, I can place a hand on his arm. "Quite the memorable night. I can't have you running off on me, now. Whatever you want is yours." I know he's not having the best time focusing at the moment -- neither have I -- but surely this will get his attention?

Promising Irving something I think he wants (gettin' busy at the bonfire)
Turn On Irving, tagging Forgetful: 2d6+1 13
Believe that's a string, plus XP for Hot.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Dull Sword

I notice the girl approaching immediately. I'm doing the best I can to keep my eyes on Madeline and figure out why James is being a moody wreck and it all just fades away for a second as we lock eyes. No. No! Bad Arthur. Bad. You have a wonderful girl who you are taking to the festival and you are way too busy to get involved in these shenanigans. Even if they are beautiful. With those absolutely enchanting ey- Nope! Time to escape. Exit to the left, grab a bit of fresh air to cool down. I cough lightly, then turn to Madeline. "Alright! Guess I'd better go see if I can find James before break ends. See you later, Madeline. I'll let you know how things go."

My plan works perfectly and I rapidly retreat outside. Maybe I can hang by the fountain? There's never anyone there. Plenty of space to cool down, get my head back together, and then figure out where James ran off to.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: None

Rose. She's just the worst. Typical of my life, I finally get a body and life worth having, and then she shows up to act all superior than thou about anything and being hot and a completely unashamed slut. The way she walks and looks at everyone, like she's loving them with her eyes. I've seen the way Arthur's been looking at her, and the way he's looking at her right now. She seems focused on Irving at the moment, which is all well and good, better she tries to stealing Beatrice's date than mine, and if she does, well she might find her family isn't hot enough poo poo to keep her out of trouble if the two of us work together. Three, if I bring Morgan in on this.

Which, incidentally, reminds me that she was almost certainly right about Arthur during her life, the way his eyes keep wandering. Well, if it's just his eyes... Before Arthur can excuse himself completely, I reach over, wrap my hands around his head, sinking my fingers into his hair and pull his head up to give him a long, full on kiss this time, giving him just a taste of tongue. "No wandering eyes now Arthur..." I giving him one last kiss to seal the memory in before I let him free. "Meet me by the woods after class, got some things to talk about. Oh, and don't mention what we talked about to James if he doesn't bring it up would you? I'd rather not have him think I don't trust him if he isn't doing anything."

Letting him go, I drift casually over towards Beatrice, Irving and Rose, looking at my phone like I'm not intending to join them. Beatrice might need a hand, depending on how shameless Rose is feeling today. Right as always Morgan. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on Arthur if Rose is flitting around him... Any suggestions on how to deal with her?

GodFish fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 30, 2016

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: 0
Harm: 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Coaster, Jealous

Time seems to freeze for me as my animal instincts pick up on tiny, little details I had missed. Animal Intuition. One of these things that make very little sense when you read about them, but that fit in perfectly when you experience them. I'll admit it, I'm incredibly shaken. River is... possessed? A demon? Being manipulated? Something really drat sinister is up. I'm going to get to the bottom of it. For almost a minute I lollygag there, until River uh... gets my attention. Dear god, what I would give to be back to my usual stable self again. But no. Noooooooo. I have to have a raging cauldron of testosterone and wolf emotions. I shake my head for a second to clear it. "Why don't you and I meet up right after school then?" I ask River pleasantly, "Irving can join us, and we can get down to business"

I hope Irving understands that I'd like a few minutes alone. I need to ask her a few pointed questions, but now is not the time. "I'm gonna head to class, as much as I'd like to skip Chem, I'm already not doing so hot" I give both River and Irving a toothy, friendly smile, with just an edge of danger. My hands are shaking slightly. I don't feel in control at all. I don't think I'm actually going to go to Chem. I'll be fine, I just need some time to chill.. I can't imagine I'd be able to focus anyway.

I turn the corner and narrowly avoid bumping into Arthur. Thank god. Arthur. Someone who's actually straightforward. "Walk with me!" I blurt out at him. I don't really want him engaging with Irving and River right now. I need to talk to Arthur about a couple things. "Two things!" I start saying, walking briskly, away from the troublesome pair. "Something is up with River. I think she's like... possessed, or being controlled or something." I let that drop. Then I realize that Arthur is very much a stab first, ask questions later type of guy. "This doesn't mean we should kill her or anything." I say, less hastily, "but if she's being used by a demon or a vampire, be it through hypnotism or blackmail or what have you, we need to rescue her" I say. Arthur is kind of a white knight, if I frame it as a damsel in distress, he's less likely to stab her.

(and OOC: I'm really sorry i'm a terrible poster, the end of September/into October is just becoming a Bad Time, and while I desperately don't want to drop this game, I also don't want to hold it up unnecessarily. It's a good game, so if people feel i should drop out, let me know.)

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +1 | Cold: +2x | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Forgetful

Whatever you want is yours.

And here I thought Beatrice was a bit of a cold fish. I mean, I know that's mostly true in the general sense, but hearing her tell me that... Well, it just sends a shiver down my spine. I responded, "Of course I haven't put it aside. I'm sure the two of us will have quite the memorable night!"

Which is when someone else decides to butt in. It's a bit rude, but... I guess it's not like Beatrice and I are dating or anything.

So, I turn to see... Rose. She's another tuition student, and her family's respectable enough. But the more I look at her, the more I'm convinced that something's off about her. It takes me a few moments, but I finally put my finger on it. It's like every part of her is alive, even the parts that shouldn't be, like her hair. It's too... full and vital to really be normal hair. It sort of reminds me of Mother, in a way. Not nearly as much, but... it's intriguing. Still, she did interrupt, so I do have to rebuff her a little. I say, "Well, you're not wrong, but at the moment, Beatrice and I are still making plans for the bonfire." I gesture towards Beatrice to accentuate the point, but I add, "Maybe I could show you around after classes?"

<capfalcon> shut down rose
<capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon, 7+2 = 9

Spend a string to make it a 10 and give her rude.

Promising her to spend time with her after classes and getting a delicious XP from the lure.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Harm: 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: Rude

"Oh, sorry! I just couldn't figure out a good time to ask. Since you're all so... busy." I reply, giving a casual glance to Madeline.

"Oh, right! The Bonfire! That sounds like fun. Uh... I'm supposed a date for that, right? Is someone even still free for that? Oh dear..."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 30, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I was a bit of a mess. Madeline was kissing me, that girl was way attractive in ways that were frankly pretty uncomfortable, and I still had a million things to do before class. I blinked, tried to clear my head, and then answered Madeline, "Yeah, I'll be discreet. See you after class."

James was at the fountain? That was convenient! I listen to his story about River, my hand clutching for a sword that wasn't strapped to my belt when he mentioned possession, then relaxing when he mentioned that I shouldn't kill her. Odd. I scratched the back of my head as we walked, "Ok. I'll hold off on that for the moment. I can check a few things on my end, but do you have any ideas as to what she might be mixed up with? I heard that there's some sort of black magic going on around campus, but I don't know much about demons or that side of things. I'm going to meet up with Maddy later on and see what she can do to track it down."

I kicked a stone, bouncing it forward a bit. It skittered across the floor. "I'll do what I can, James. You know I've got your back." I kicked another stone, but this one caught the edge of my shoe and went flying through the air. A window shattered in the distance. My jaw dropped, "Uh, whoops."

Tricky fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 30, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh my, I think that's a window that just went poof I'd say! How curious. Got to check it out, of course. not getting anywhere here, anyway. Maybe that hot stuff that just bolted is still around... hmm...

Just darting past Madeline as if she wasn't there and turning the corner, I see said hot stuff looking rather guilty.

"You alright? What happened?" I ask with fake concern and a just as fake look of worry. Of course he's fine, it's quite visible...

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Oh man. Merlin was not going to be happy. If he found out. Or noticed. Or cared. I wasn't really sure what all actually made his radar at this point. Even so, somebody would probably care. I couldn't very well pin it on James. I could probably foist it off on River, but that would probably make James go all huffy. I only had one option.

My eyes shifted from left to right, "Uh, hi. Definitely fine. Nothing's wrong. No broken windows here!" poo poo. poo poo! Everyone knows the window broke! What a terrible lie. I am the worst at this. I tried to recover, "Right, right. So. Uh, you're new around these parts, right? I'm Arthur."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"I'm Rose! Nice to meet you, Arthur." Wow, you are poo poo at lying. I mean, holy poo poo you're hot, but you're poo poo at lying. Maybe it means he'll actually keep promises I'll wrangle out of him, though... he certainly seems dumb enough that he would make tons of them.

"And yeah, I'm completely new here. Hell, thanks to the long-rear end talks they made me go through, I don't even know my way around yet! But let's not worry about that. What happened, be honest. Are you sure you're fine? No shards anywhere?"

Using looking for shards as an excuse, I take a good long look all over him. Mhm, I think I found someone I like already...

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 30, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP 4/5 | Conditions: Dull Sword

My eyes continued looking everywhere but straight at Rose as I answered, "Uh, you know, there may have been a rock that went through a window. By accident. But yeah, no, I'm fine. I promise."

That sweet promise XP!

I sighed and finally looked straight at her. Rose seemed sweet. And sexy. And really, really motivated to check me out. Suddenly all those stories about the King made so much more sense. Everyone wants a piece of you! How can people stay monogamous when people throw themselves at you?? At least she probably wasn't going to try and kill me. Wait. Was she? It wouldn't be surprising after that thing with Arlene. There were monsters about, certainly, and not all of them were giant silver boars.

I blew my hair out of my eyes as the wind picked up a bit. My muscles became very evident against the thin fabric of my shirt.

quote:

[17:07:42] <Tricky> Arthur continues to be both terrible and hot (turn on rose)
[17:07:46] <Tricky> !r 2d6+1
[17:07:48] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 9+1 =

+string

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 30, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: None

My eyes follow after Rose as she leaves, frowning over my phone at her back. Jesus, I hate her kind so much. Maybe I should have sent River after Rose's things instead of Merlin's. Ah well... Looking up from my phone, I move over to join Irving and Beatrice while I wait for Morgan's insight. "Watch out for her Beatrice, she's the type who'll try to take whatever she wants and drat anyone who gets in her way." I look rather pointedly at Irving here. I'm not sure how series Beatrice is on him, but if she is, its better to warn her. "And then throw that away as soon as she's had her fun. I know the type."

<godfish> a little bird told me about rose
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 4+1 = 5
<godfish> rip

note: Morgan gets a string for Elsewise Power for this

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

"I'm not surprised to hear that," I say, as Madeline warns me about Rose. In truth, I rather guessed as much. I picked up her pen in the library earlier, a rather lovely clicking ballpoint made of some deep red wood with silvery fittings. I saw her walk away from it as if it didn't mean a thing to her, and to be fair, perhaps it didn't mean much; there's less impression on it than on many things I find. Still, that in and of itself said something about Rose, didn't it? One to discard beautiful things rather than appreciate them.

"Well, let her have her fun," I continue. "There's... there's likely no harm in it. Besides, we could do a tour as a group? Welcome her properly, you understand. As a united front."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +1 | Cold: +2x | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Forgetful

Well, I guess making that offer wasn't the best move. In front of them, anyway. I do want to know more about her.

Still, time to mollify my friends. I say, a little defensibly, "Yes, well, I'm sure I could handle myself, Madeline." I cough to clear my throat and tell Beatrice, "Still, showing her around together does sound like it would be fun. It's only proper to be welcoming to new students, yes?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 3

After a number of boring lessons. The bell blares for the end of the day. And boy has it been a long one. Still at least you get a few hours free to yourselves. A chance to wander the grounds to catch up on hobbies or homework. Or a chance to meet up with some friends and deal with your problems.

Irving: Hmm you've got a bit of a problem. You promised to help James and River out but at the same time you promised to help show Rose around the campus. Do you think you can juggle both jobs and get them done at the same time? or are you going to have to drop one and focus on the other. Which is more important to you anyway? As you are getting ready to leave someone stops you and begs you for a favour who is it? and what do they want from you?

Beatrice Hmph, well can you believe the way she looked at Irving? And she's not even been here five minutes! What were you planning to do tonight anyway before you had to drop it to go on this "tour" of the school grounds? Will you be able to make it up at a later time or is it gone forever? Are you worried that she might steal Irving from you or do you think he's not the type to abandon you? What would you do if he did drop you?

River This could be your big chance! If Irving gets the key for you and James helps with the actual job you could have your pelt in your hands by the end of the night! Of course you still have to go through with it of course. And then there was the way James was looking at you before like he saw right through you. So what's the plan for tonight? You do have one right? Or are you just going to "wing it"?

Rose Getting promises out of Arthur seems to be like taking candy from a baby. And did you see the way he looks? Hubba hubba. Is he the one you're interested in then or does the fact that he's already taken put you off? Or is Irving more to your taste? Either way you're really going to have to up your game tonight. What special something do you have prepared to make sure you get exactly what you want?

James Did you finally manage to stuff the wolf back in his box before he did any harm? Still you still need to figure out how you're going to help River with her little practical joke. Maybe if you can stick with her you can find out what her problem is. Have you thought about how you could get the information out of her? What do you have from your monsterhunting days that you think might come in handy for breaking and entering?

Madeline Your attempt to appear all knowing about Rose actually comes out a little more bitchy than you intended. gain the condition bitchy Still no matter as long as it's only Arthurs eyes that are wandering you shouldn't have too much of a problem right? Still since you seem to be in charge of the "tour" where are you going to start in showing Rose what's what in the school?

Arthur Yeah it's good to be the king. Not so great to be the queen though. Did you see how bitchy Madeline was getting when you were just looking at Rose? I think she might be a touch jealous. Still it looks like you have a busy night doesn't it? First this tour and then you have to deal with whatever Arlene was talking about in the woods. And there's still Merlin and his dark magic problem and whatever is going on with River. Still no one said being in charge was easy. Do you ever wish you didn't have to worry about all this crap and could just be a normal guy? Or do you actually enjoy the responsibility. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Forgetful, Drained

No, it shouldn't be a problem. I got the key at lunch, and in-between classes I... uh... persuaded it, for lack of a better term. No, it's not ENCHANTED. That's... look, if you want me to get into details as to how it works, take two years of study with the most merciless taskmasters on either side of the veil and get back to me, ok?

So, I'm waiting around for River to find me after class, then Rose, Beatrice, and Madeline are off on a tour of the school. Afterwards, I'm hoping to hang out with Arthur some, but that's not an obligation of mine. So... I'm playing the rest of the day by ear. So, I'm twirling the key on a keyring as I keep an eye out for River. ...Which leaves me some time to think. I need to make sure that this goes well for Artuhr. After all, he's my friend and I invited him. So, if he as a bad time, not only would it probably ruin his night, but it'd reflect poorly on me! I glance around to see if anyone's watching, and then pool up a little water in the water fountain, freeze it and use it to see about the possible futures that night.

Unfortunatly, it's the middle of the day, so the whole "ice mirror" trick is a little harder than normal.

<capfalcon> Irving gaze
<capfalcon> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> capfalcon, 10-1 = 9

Drained, but clear visions

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 9, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yup, he's the man. He's the man I want. Just look at him. The object of desire of every girl in this class, and beyond. I simply must have him. And I think I got an idea how...

"Hey, Arthur. So uhm... This festival thing. I gathered you're supposed to bring a date. But... arriving so late I kind of didn't manage to find one. Do you know anyone that's still willing..?" I ask him, pretending to be genuinely distraught, and leaning forward a bit with my hands together, in a somewhat pleading but also expectant position that just so happens to give him a better view.

Come on, just show me how you work, Arthur. Will this work? I hope so. I'd love to find out how to rope you into all kinds of fun stuff...

Turn on Arthur: 2d6+2 13 String get!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Bitchy

Great, now I'm stuck with the others giving Rose the tour. Just what I wanted. With an irritated grunt, I get up from the last class and head to meet the others. Maybe one of the stops on the tour should be showing her what happens to girls who try and steal someone elses boy. Hmm, not an unpleasant thought. Smiling slightly at the idea, I round a corner to see... Rose all over Arthur again. That bitch is asking for it. I glare for a second, then duck back around the corner before either of them noticed. I want to hear what Arthur says to this.

And I want to hear what Morgan has to say about this, I've given her plenty of time to come up with an answer. I finger the crystal around my neck, then lift it up into in front of me to catch the light, looking into the shining, reflective surface. 'Well? What have you got on this Rose? You've had all day, any dirt I can use? Any weaknesses? You can't tell me a bitch like her isn't hiding secrets. Show me something I can use.'

[00:10:47] <godfish> gaze about rose
[00:10:50] <godfish> !r 2d6+2
[00:10:51] <Krysmbot> godfish, 5+2 = 7
lets get confusing and alarming

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I... I don't know how I feel about this whole thing, even more than normal. I like Irving, well and truly, but if I lost him? I don't know if I'd feel worse from losing him, or from losing the simple feeling of being recognized and wanted. Could he be replaced? There are plenty of boys... and possibly girls, if they were of the right temperament. Boys are attractive, but a girl who really needed me...

Irving doesn't need me, I know. I'm not under any illusions that this will be forever. But I need to affirm some things about myself, perhaps build some strength, before he's gone. This trouble with Rose is... "troubling" is redundant, but it's what comes to mind. It's worse because it's so effortless for her, so natural. If I were properly human, would it be that easy for me?

In any event, that's not important right now. What's important is that I was supposed to meet one of Mother and Father's friends, some fellow alumnus who has... similar interests and talents, they say. There are facilities that may be of use if I require any sort of assistance beyond what normal medical facilities can afford. Mother stressed that this alumnus was understanding, which I suppose means he's been told everything. I'm hopeful he'll understand what I need to do to establish myself as a Carringtonian, as a person, and be amenable to meeting some other time? But who knows, with the sort of friends my parents make.

For right now, I'm largely lost in thought, sitting in a small hallway study area and trying to focus on my schoolwork. I've got time to kill and there's not much to be done... wait, is that Irving at the water fountain. He looks like he's waiting for someone. Rose?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: Dull Sword

Oh man. I need to draw some boundaries here. I'll admit that I'm not the greatest at this. I haven't needed to be. Not exactly a lot of time to dedicate to dating what with all those monsters. But now? Things with Madeline are going great! She's awesome at hunting monsters, we have a date lined up, and it'd really bum me out if I let her down like this. I sigh, then look up at Rose's eyes. Her, uh, actual eyes. Not the bits trying to peek through her- NOPE. Eyes.

"That's kind of a tough ask. Everyone I know is kind of committed - I'm going with Madeline, Irving's going with Beatrice, and James is going with River. I could ask around a bit, see if any of the fencing team is still looking?"

God, I feel terrible. I really don't like saying no to people, especially when they look so sad. The thought of Madeline is pretty much all that keeps me from caving.

quote:

[17:37:25] <Tricky> Arthur's going to (try) to shut Rose down
[17:37:29] <Tricky> !r 2d6-1
[17:37:30] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8-1 =

We each lose a string.

Picking up the Mortal's True Love with my advance and naming Madeline as my lover.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 11, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Hot: +0 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: troublemaker, Yours Truly

I'm trying really hard not to think about it. It's got to be so obvious this isn't me. I'm not that petty, I'm not that brave ether. James's look was kinda horrifying. It makes me worried that he's already figured me out. I just want this to all be over with! That's all I can think about. Once this is over I'll have my pelt back, a-and it'll all be fine!

...y-yeah...

I try to settle my nerves. It's not easy.

Okay, I have no plan! I'm not good at this! I don't want to do this! I don't want to!! I need to come up with one, but I've got no idea what I'm walking into. I-I'll think about it once I've got the key.

I walk over to where Irving is waiting, he's got the keys already? Wow! He's pretty amazing to work this quickly! I knew I asked the right guy!

"Hey Irving! You're not waiting for me, are you?" I ask, innocently.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

As River approaches, I let the ice in the water fountain melt down and say, "I was, but don't worry about it. I'm waiting on some other people too." I spin the key a few times more and then catch it in my palm before handing it to her. I lean in close to her and lower my voice, "This will get you into the office, but you might want to check and see if he's inside first. It'd be awkward if you open the door just to find him grading some papers, right?'

I give her a significant look and add, "Just remember, if you get caught, you didn't get it from me. But... I'm sure you'll be fine, right? You've got that big lug to watch out for you, after all." I chuckle a little and then say, "Anyway, glad I could help. Know what you're going to take?" I look at her, curious about her answer. It'll have to be something he'll notice for this to be worth it at all. She's been impressing me lately, so I'm hoping that she'll keep the streak alive.

<CorpseFalcon> Irving turn on River:
<CorpseFalcon> .roll 2d6+1
<Platonibot> CorpseFalcon: 6 (2d6+1=1, 4)

Tag "Yours Truly" for a 7

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

So... Irving has one of those voices that's actually kinda hot when he's whispering. I close my eyes and shudder a little. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I really need that cold shower, so badly.

"Uh..." I give him a little wide eyed look. I, hadn't thought that through. "I-I'm not sure, I won't know until I get in there. Needs to be something small but important! I... really don't know how to thank you for all of this... any ideas?"

Oh god, why did I make that sound like a suggestion! No! Oh no! No! Don't panic. It's fine! It's fine! He probably didn't notice! Oh god please don't notice.

- - -

promising something they think you want... on accident.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Well... she's got the right idea at least. I stroke my chin for a moment before saying, "Well, anything on the desk is probably a good place to start. Books, paperweights, that sort of thing. But, you're pretty smart." I shrug and add, "I'm sure once you're in, you'll figure it out."

Finally! Appreciation for my hard work. It's about time. I give her a mischievous half-grin and say, "How about after you're done, you come and show me what you snagged? What's the point in revenge if you can't brag about it, right?" I scribble my number on a piece of paper and put it in her hand.

That's when I notice I notice Beatrice, and say, "Oh, looks like Beatrice is waiting on me. Unfortunately, that means I must be going." I plop the key in her hand and say, "Well, best of luck! I'm sure you'll do fine." Then, I turn and leave without another word.

Promising to show Irving your ill gotten gains tonight? Y/N?

As I join Beatrice, I say, "Well, now that that's taken care of, looks like it's time for our tour. It's rather nice of you to agree to this." I say, slightly embarrassed, "Rose did sort of bullrush me into agreeing to this, but I'm glad you're coming along."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Oh?

OHH!

"Y-Yeah, I can do that. That should be fine!" I mumble. He didn't notice, oh thank the ocean! "I'll send you a message later. Thanks again!"

I can't help but clutch the key to my chest like a life line. The tiny thought echoing in the back of my head.

Now I HAVE to do it. I shudder again. Oh god. I feel sick, I feel hot and and sweaty and sick. I need a shower, I need to calm myself down.

I pull out my phone and send a quick text to James.

//Hey, Irv got the thing. So I guess meet me at the girls dorm and we'll do this thing.//

With that done I head off to take a much needed shower. Or three. I'll start with a cold one, because holy gently caress. Then a hot and another hot because I really need to relax. I'll just do all of the things I normally do to relax. I might even sing. Yeah, that'll be nice.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 3 continued

Irving: The fountain freezes over fairly quickly as you stare at it almost as if it can sense your impatience, and visions of the future or at least possible futures flicker across the ice almost too quickly for you to follow. You see Arthur and you drinking something that looks disgustingly alcoholic and leaning on each other to stay upright, you see Arthur confronting Madeline and accusing her of betraying him. You see Arthur staggering out of the dark covered in blood not his own and clutching a sword grimly. You see Arthur clutched tight in the arms of Rose. You see Arthur lying dead in a ditch as a strange woman cackles with laughter. Seems Arthur's future isn't set in stone. Is that normal? Or do people normally have a set destiny?

Beatrice Hmm looks like Irving is more interested in River than Rose. So that's a relief I suppose right? Still what do you suppose they were talking about that was so important. You could just ask Irving I suppose but here's River coming towards you with an odd expression on her face as she walks by almost totally oblivious to you. What do you do?

River You set off vigorously for the girls dorm. As you move though you notice Beatrice sat with a number of books piled up around her. And she's rather creepily staring at you. As you're pondering what to do your phone buzzes, It's a message from James. "Sorry busy with something real important right now. Will try and meet up with you later." Oh no. What are you going to do can you do this on your own?

Rose Can you believe this? You were offering it too him on a plate and he said no! To you. Well you like a challenge right? Shouldn't be too hard to pry him away from that Madeline trollop should it? How do you plan to start on showing her up?

Madeline "Interesting. She's interesting." Morgan says musingly. "She bears the scent of home the scent of boredom. One who has come out of the light and into the darkness in search of something. I doubt she knows what she's looking for exactly. But then few of us ever did. She reminds me of my youth although I was never that flamboyant. She's dangerous and glamorous in all the worst ways but if she is what I suspect she doesn't so much have skeletons in her closet as a crypt in her sock draw. You merely need to make her look like a fool in front of her peers. if they find out where she is and what she's doing Stealing Arthur from us will be the worst of her problems. Wait did you hear that right? From us? Are you willing to share even it is with Morgan? And right now you can see Arthur's eyes wandering. What do you do?

Arthur Look her in the face look Rose in the face. Dammit. Well at least the view is impressive. Still if you're going to stay faithful(ish) to Madeline you're going to have find someone else to throw at her to distract he from you. Is there anyone who owes you a favour? What excuse would you give them for helping you out?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hot: +2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Rude

"Uhhhh, Arthur? You do know that that kind of staring is reserved for dates and after, right?!" I berate him as he does, well, admire my beauty. Don't blame him, but he's playing annoyingly hard to get. I mean I can literally feel his willingness. Madeline can't be THAT great. What does he see in her anyway?

"You know what? You seem to be doing well enough to do indecent staring, you're fine. I'm going to go find Irving. Bye."

---

A few minutes later, I find Irving at the fountain, staring at is intensely.

"Pardon me, am I interrupting, Irving? ... again? I seem to always arrive at bad times today."

Shut down Arthur: 2d6-1 7 Giving Arthur the condition lecherous.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 16, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Bitchy

Huh, she's... like Morgan? A witch? A spirit preserved in a crystal for revenge? No, those are ruled out by the rest of what she said... But like Morgan when she was young, that's... something to think about. I have a feeling like I should be able to figure out what she means from the answers she's given me, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Partially because she's talking about Rose stealing Arthur from us! But no, no, she just means that since she's helping me, and I have Arthur, Rose would be fighting against both of us if she tries to take him. Yeah, she hates Arthur, after all, she wants revenge, not a second chance at wooing him.

Definitely.

It's hard to be concerned right now, because I just heard Arthur shoot her down pretty firmly, and then she stormed off acting like the spoiled little bitch I knew she was. I was going to go meet up with Irving and Beatrice for the tour, but... I think what Arthur just did there deserves a reward. Hmm... We're still meeting tonight, and if I went out there to meet with him now we might get a bit distracted, and I'd miss the tour. Which wouldn't be a tragedy really. Still, more time around Rose should help me figure out what Morgan meant. So I set off down the hall away from Arthur, but take my phone out to send him a message. Well, a picture. Pulling the collar of my shirt away from my chest, I snap a nice cleavage shot, and after making sure it didn't show anything he couldn't have seen from a lowcut shirt - I'm not putting accidental nudes out there - I send it off to him.

[22:52:30] <GhostFish> turn on Arthur
[22:52:35] <GhostFish> !r 2d6-1
[22:52:35] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 7-1 = 6
[22:52:52] <GhostFish> thanks for adding lecherous on there rose~
7 - self, promise, string please Arthur~

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Dull Sword, Lecherous

Giving Rose the condition "Bipolar" in return.

I blinked, somewhat confused by Rose's abrupt change in attitude. First she was flashing her admittedly very attractive body everywhere and then she got mad at me? Well, it could have been my fault. I was looking pretty hard. Even if I was trying not to. I sighed. Women, right? If there was one thing that hadn't changed from back in the King's day, it was that. Good thing Madeline wasn't as crazy as the rest of the lot around here.

My phone buzzed and I looked at the notification. A picture message? From Madeline? I opened it and my brain just about fried as my eyebrows did their level best to escape my face. That was some Grade-A cleavage. The dedication to finding the perfect ratio of exposed skin to hidden, the subtle hints of something lewder... this was masterful. I coughed and loosened the collar of my shirt. It was getting hot in here. I would have to carefully craft a response. I mean, yes, obviously I wanted to leap through the phone and just have at it wherever she was. Unfortunately, I'd have to figure that out before I could make a move.

I tapped a quick message out, looked at it before I hit send and scowled. My mind was trying to be poetic, but my fingers seemed convinced that a bunch of thumbs-up emojis and a pretty raunchy reference to swords in stones was a winning strategy. I deleted the message and scowled at the offending hand. No, there was a better way. I'd answer a picture with a picture. And then maybe a text if I could manage to avoid awful metaphors. I walked out towards the fountain, but saw Irving and Rose over there. Not as ideal a spot for a selfie as I had hoped. I turned around and walked through the halls into the locker room. Nobody seemed to be in there.

I doffed my shirt, flexed everything, and took a selfie. I stopped to admire my work. That was a pretty prime picture. I'd love to see the look on Madeline's face when she got it. I sent it, then typed a quick follow-up message. "How about we blow off this tour for something a little more fun? Your place or mine? ;) ;) ;)"

Arthur is offering himself to his dear love.

quote:

[22:36:10] <Tricky> turn on Madeline
[22:36:12] <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
[22:36:14] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 5+2 =

Likewise, self, promise, or string!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Hot 0[/s], Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 1

What I'd like to do right now is follow River. She's clearly up to something, and even if it's not with Irving, I rather desperately need to know. I'm... curious. It's not entirely a familiar emotion for me, but it's surely a human one, isn't it? Perhaps I should follow it.

I can't afford to, though -- right now, I need to meet Irving shortly. Still, there's an opportunity here, if I can manage it. I steel my nerves and stand up, gathering my materials and moving to "distractedly" bump into her, dropping a book or two in the process. "Ah -- be careful..." Obviously it was her, of course, and not me -- that's just the sort of thing she would do, isn't it? And if she, say, tries to help me, I might be able to procure something of hers, something that might make this process easier on the whole.

Going for a token (+Cold per Ferrosol, tagging Troublemaker): 2d6 6
welp

... it's stiff, though. Not smooth, not natural, even if I'm distracted. Perhaps I should leave before she really notices anything...

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I turn sharply on the spot, and head right back in the opposite direction. Woowee, no way I'm going on some lovely tour with Rose after seeing that picture. I'd been planning on waiting to make a move until tonight, but... nah. After eventually remembering I actually need to reply to the text, not just stare at it, I fire off two quick messages.

@Irving posted:

something came up, going to miss the tour, sorry

@Arthur posted:

definitely
might be something else we can blow too
yours

Hey. I'm feeling a bit saucy, and who wouldn't after that picture. M-mmm! With that, I head right for Arthur's room.

Likewise, giving self

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

My grin was positively out of control as I put my shirt back on and headed out into the hallways. Now I just needed to get back to the room. Irving was going to be busy with that tour for a while, so nobody should be around to interrupt the mood. I really don't remember much of the walk back. My mind was most distinctly on more pressing matters. Soon enough, though, I was back in the dorms and in front of my room.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I can feel myself growing hotter and hotter the nearer I get to Arthur's room, as I focus on what's about to happen, the photo of Arthur's muscled body, the thought of it wrapped up in mine, and as it goes, my nerves are getting more and more tense as well. Like I said, I'd certainly never done this before I got Madeline's body, and she hadn't either, so I don't have any memories of her experiences to help me out like I do with most things. By the time I round the corner to see Arthur standing outside of his room, facing the other direction, my heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest from beating so fast.

Swallowing anxiously, I move closer, coming up behind him. Since he hasn't turned round, I guess my heart isn't beating as loudly as thought, which is a bit of a relief. Steeling my nerves, I reach out and wrap my arms around him, pulling him up against me, and bring my lips up to his ear. After taking in another deep breath, I whisper in as husky a voice as I can manage - which is pretty husky, I don't think I could get a normal, steady, voice out right now - "are you ready to show me how well you really wield a sword?" Another gulp, as I wait for his answer. Though I'm nervous, I'm not conflicted, this is what I want. I've wanted something like this for years, but ever since I met Arthur, he's been the one I wanted most of all. He's kind, strong, and so, so hot. It's hard to believe this is happening.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I stiffened as Madeline pulled me into an embrace, her breath teasing across my neck. I hadn't even noticed her come up behind me. The tension melted away as I turned around and looked her straight in the eye. She was so beautiful. This felt so right. I reached up and brushed my hand across her cheek before pulling her into a deep kiss. I felt her against my body, felt her very being. For a moment, it felt as it was just us in the world. Then, belatedly realizing a need for air (and answering her earlier question), I pulled back and grinned, "I would love to." I opened the door and led her inside.

The room was actually pretty clean, all things considered. I didn't exactly sleep much these days so the bed was freshly made and my side of the room was blessedly free from the stereotypical spread of clothing. From like three nights ago. Had it really been so long since I started staking out the forest? Irving's flair for decorating certainly helped pull the room together. My tastes were decidedly more spartan.

I did my best to project confidence. That was my job, right? Of course, I was inwardly panicking a bit. It's, uh, not like I've actually done this before. Add in that Madeline really mattered to me and the pressure was on. Hopefully the King's memories would help a bit. He was a bit of an expert when it came to these things, right?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I rub my temples as I feel a headache begin to come on. It's normal to have a few possible futures. Most mortals are flighty, after all. But... that much of a spread? No, that was not normal. At least the first two were normal enough, but things got... dark after that. I actually go pale at the thought of Arthur dying or murdering someone. He's been a good friend to me, and... well... I've heard about dying, and I understand it on a conceptual level, but when you grow up with immortal beings surrounding you... it doesn't really sink in. They tell you about it, but they don't really understand it. But now I finally got it.

I notice the text from Madeline, and while it doesn't really matter, I do feel a little twinge of annoyance at getting ditched after she invited herself along in the first place. Never mind that. I immediately text Arthur:

quote:

Call me ASAP. It's serious.

I don't know what I'm going to tell him, but once I calm down, I'm sure I'll have a good idea. That's when Rose arrives. I glance back and notice that there's still a few shards of ice in the fountain, but I can't really say I care much about little things like that. So, I turn to her, face pale, but still smiling, saying, "No, no. Just daydreaming. Anyway, looks like Madeline can't make it, and I haven't heard from Beatrice. One second." I take out my phone and send another text to Beatrice:

quote:

You coming? Or you get caught up in whatever Madeline's doing?

I put it away and take a step away from the fountain and towards her as I ask, "So, where are you from, anyway? I can't say that I know all that much about you, and when talking about such a charming girl like yourself, that's just a tragedy."

<CorpseFalcon> Irving turn on Rose
<CorpseFalcon> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> CorpseFalcon, 9+1 = 10

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hot: +2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Rude, Bipolar

"Oh my, you're quite the charmer yourself! Heh. I'm from London. Just like the rest of my family. But never mind that! You're way pale! You okay? Seen a ghost or something? Hahaha. But I agree, we should learn to know each other better. It's always such a shame, being distant to the people you see every day..." I reply with an actually genuine smile on my face.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Mm, Mmm... I lose myself in the kiss, forgetting my anxiety for the moment, paying attention only to him, kissing back hungrily, pressing my body tight against his until he finally breaks away. I'm even more flushed now, my face is probably crimson under my freckles, but though my nerves have returned along with the fresh air, most of it has been replaced by the thrill of the moment, and what we're about to do. I follow Arthur in, clinging tightly to his arm, not wanting to be parted from him as I look around the place.

I've seen boys rooms before, obviously, but I've never been in one, alone, for this sort of thing. It's an entirely different feel, my heart continues to pound as I try to take everything in. It's neater than I expected, and the entire place has the scent of maleness to it. ...Mostly Irving's, its true, but that doesn't really matter, I'm right next to Arthur, and it's his scent I'm smelling mostly. Eventually, my eyes settle on the bed, and I can't seem to pull them away, until Arthur moves between it and me, then they fix on him again. I go in for another kiss, arms coiling around the back of his neck, holding us close together. When I finally draw back, I whisper -which is about the only tone I think I'm capable of making right now- to him, "sweep me off my feet Arthur." During this, I completely missed the sound of a text arriving on his phone, and if he's as caught up in the moment as I am, so did he.

• Locked thread