Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veotax
May 16, 2006

Cooked Auto posted:

Would count streaming the game via PSN to a PC count? :v: Because you can do that relatively soon.

Is this game on PS Now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Veotax posted:

Is this game on PS Now?

Going by this list:
http://www.pcgamer.com/ps-now-games-on-pc/
Seems like it.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

((Hello, Hi, please don't discuss the scope of the DLCs and True/False endings etc. It's just the first update and WE ARE ALL BLIND))

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I like the chapter preview. It's really a playable anime, isn't it?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
one video in and I went out and got a copy of this game

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

new episode is coming tonight, tooooo~

((it's probably the shortest one, though :( I'll post the following part on Sunday ))

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"EVERYTHING IN THIS LP HAS A REASON!"

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
This really is Anime Night! :dance:

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'd be cool if you made this your top LP priority.

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008

Captain Lavender posted:

I'd be cool if you made this your top LP priority.

I really don't want to disagree because I love this game (and quit enjoy seeing others experience it) but he started DS2 some time ago and has been working through that wonderfully and to just switch priorities is a poo poo move. Doing both is pretty awesome.

(Haven't yet watched ep2. Shall drunkenly do so then pass out.)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Asura does nothing but scream at everything. Truly the most metal of all demigods :rock:

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Liam O'Brien definitely got a good throat workout with all the yelling Asura does. He's good at the angry growling, too.

Also, I'm loving the random Japanese commercials thrown into the video. Especially the White Family 24 ones. "Why is our father a dog?"

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
That's strange. I've never seen an LP that went gold in only two updates.

Dreadful_Dinosaur
Feb 29, 2012

Please just close your eyes as I ruin your childhood.
That dog dad, tho. Japanese ads are so weird :v

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I hope this LP goes over the entire story arc that is the SoftBank commercials.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

D_W posted:

I hope this LP goes over the entire story arc that is the SoftBank commercials.
I hope this LP eventually adds its own skul-gun to that canon.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I think Alien TLJ uses WonderCore.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is Asura Old Testament? I think Asura is Old Testament.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Karate Bastard posted:

Is Asura Old Testament? I think Asura is Old Testament.

Asura is old Hindu.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Old School for sure.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I figure he probably doesn't follow a particular philosophy. It's just all screaming all the time.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

It's that like Hindu/Buddhist sect that believes through suffering you reach enlightenment, only instead of hanging from a tree or laying on nails, it's screaming.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
...And instead of enlightenment, it's even more mindless violence. But otherwise they're totally alike.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

anilEhilated posted:

...And instead of enlightenment, it's even more mindless violence. But otherwise they're totally alike.

He'll find a new, punching-based form of Nirvana, you just wait.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
E: ^^^^^ like maybe he's Cobain and the afterlife is his speaker stack.

I like how they named the incredibly generic complacent wife after the supreme goddess of power and death.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 27, 2016

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Well, given what little we see, Asura will do about anything she says to do, so she had the power of life and death over a lot of people through her husband.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Oh man, the commercials are an amazing addition! :neckbeard:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

anilEhilated posted:

"Reach heaven by violence then."

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Robert Denby posted:

Oh man, the commercials are an amazing addition! :neckbeard:

They sure are. To see the full arc of the Softbank would be good, but there is a wealth of crazy Japanese commercials to see- even ones that don't have American actors!

Clockwurke Bear
Oct 3, 2011

"Of course they died because of you. It's because they are the only ones who would die for you."
Wow those commercials hit in so naturally. Really going whole hog and placing itself firmly in a format helped this game. They intended it to be an episodic release, but even among those they don't often embrace their intent so much.
Anyway, happy to see an "eh" game but great anime get the love it deserves.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Wanna meet that dad. Wanna meet that dog. Wanna meet that dog dad

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Ooops, I left a few subtitle notes at the very end and the first one somehow kicked in way earlier than I wanted it to. Oh well!

JawaKnight
Jul 9, 2014
Dad-Dog is too much. I love it.

I played this game a few years ago, and then I stopped and I cannot remember for the life of me. This is making me want to pick it back up.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So the Spider is Asura's Puck? I can dig it.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Okay, those white bank commercials are pretty good, and so is the game, once you get out the starting part, which we have the issue of still being in.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Golden Mind Spider by Naraka is one of my favorite power metal albums from the 1980s.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Nic Cage needs an intervention for that pachinko addiction.

I think the 12,000 years is partly for shock value of "big amount of time", partly to give credence to Asura's reaction of "you had that much time with your stupid 'save the world' revolution and this is what the place looks like?" and presumably we're gonna be fighting that giant planet beak-mouth at some point and we need enough plausible time to have passed for that. I dunno how often it shows up, but they said it was merely suppressed once again and that it would be back stronger than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Gozaimas is my favorite town in Ohio.

• Locked thread