Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aw-56F0Yq4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Ha-HA!

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008
Fantastic. I'm so eager for more episodes.

It's an odd game that way, as much as I enjoyed playing it, it really lends itself to just being watched. And to the LP format so well as if just watching a actual anime but with commentary.

Im assuming you guys recorded a bunch of these in a single session, I'm curious how far about you made it before ending.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Short episodes! Stop with the cliff hangers :argh:

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
That punch was everything I ever wanted a punch to be.

Also, Wyzen's facial expressions are priceless

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
The cliffhanger with Wyzen just calls for a Roundabout edit.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Geop I am really loving these commercial breaks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

A game where you can choose to punch the other animes mid-monologue?

This is gonna be awesome.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

dismas posted:

Geop I am really loving these commercial breaks.

The Softbank dog is the MVP of this LP.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
All that's missing is cheesy ending credits

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Miz Kriss posted:

All that's missing is cheesy ending credits

...Those are coming. Give it a couple updates. I'm not kidding :stare:

HotAndColdAF
May 30, 2011

Making Daddy proud.
The shut up punches are basically the best part of the game.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Frionnel posted:

The cliffhanger with Wyzen just calls for a Roundabout edit.

Agreed. Here you go. I really only needed to add the music.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Zagglezig posted:

Agreed. Here you go. I really only needed to add the music.

Awesome :yeah:

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
Wow, this is just the worst dating sim.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Disappointed that none of you pointed out Wyzen's amazing tongue-waggle during his intro.

VVV E: Yessssss I was hoping someone has that saved.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 2, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Disappointed that none of you pointed out Wyzen's amazing tongue-waggle during his intro.
For reference, from toddy's LP:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Here's the next update, a bit early! BECAUSE IT IS REALLY AMAZING.

Also, for folks who aren't keeping tabs on it, Chip & Ironicus are doing an Extra Life stream tomorrow! :v: Curl up with some anime tonight and suffer with Gex tomorrow.

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
Asura is basically this

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just imagine the script writing for the game had everybody chuck out various ideas for suitable final levels of a theoretical game, and at the end of the meeting it was revealed that every idea they came up with would be crammed into one game.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Where has this game been my whole life :vince:

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008

Geop posted:

You're my current hero for doing this.

This was a demo fight and it completely sold me on the game. The other demo fight was like sprinkling cocaine on ice cream.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
He had rolls of fat bigger than the planet :gonk:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Frionnel posted:

LP archive. To be fair, I have yet to watch it either, and this is showing me that I was completely in the wrong in not getting this game. I mean, I made a sandwich, came to my computer, found the update, ate the gently caress out of my sandwich to Asura beating a giant Demigod to outer space. When he turned into a planet-sized Demigod, I realized I needed more sandwich. I made that sandwich, and ate the gently caress out of it to Asura basically destroying a planet.

What I'm saying is that this is a spectacle that should be seen by all because it is beautiful, objectively.

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008

Pre game release my buddy took a screenshot just like that and added the caption; look at all the fucks I give. That became my wallpaper for years (until I just tried my old laptop now and the screen won't come up.) otherwise it would still be my wallpaper now. It was the most fitting way of looking at Asura though.

And now I'm sad I don't have the original. I'll have to dig more but I think I can find it though. It's already survived one laptop before this one.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is only going to continue to escalate, isn't it?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Night10194 posted:

This is only going to continue to escalate, isn't it?

You have no loving idea :getin:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Geop posted:

Also, for folks who aren't keeping tabs on it, Chip & Ironicus are doing an Extra Life stream tomorrow! :v: Curl up with some anime tonight and suffer with Gex tomorrow.

i can't believe how good this game is to watch

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Not A Gay Name posted:

Pre game release my buddy took a screenshot just like that and added the caption; look at all the fucks I give. That became my wallpaper for years (until I just tried my old laptop now and the screen won't come up.) otherwise it would still be my wallpaper now. It was the most fitting way of looking at Asura though.

And now I'm sad I don't have the original. I'll have to dig more but I think I can find it though. It's already survived one laptop before this one.

That's what I call 'giving someone the finger.'

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't seen any farther in the game than this, so I am excited.

For the record, I vote PUNCH ALL BOSSES

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 3, 2016

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Frionnel posted:

This game needs to be LPed at least once every two years so that people can continue to discover its majesty.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
That sassy Birdo ad, geeze.

Also this game is already absolutely bonkers, holy poo poo

Kaiki
May 7, 2008
This anime is my favorite anime. I hope you try out the Japanese voices at some point, even off-screen. There's a vocal track in the main theme that's replaced by a flute in the English dub.

Kaiki fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Sep 3, 2016

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
You wondered what Asura was up to during the timeskip, I'm pretty sure Asura was just literally dead for 12,000 years. After his fall, we next saw him hanging out on a pillar very deep in the Underworld (which I guess means afterlife) with his memory gone (which also often means afterlife). So Deus was correct when he said he killed us, we were as dead as a demigod can get.

We heard at the beginning of the game that prayer power would bring us back if we died, but because of that whole "framed as traitor" thing, Asura had to rely on just time and being very, very angry to claw himself back up. :arghfist::arghfist::argh::arghfist::arghfist::arghfist:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Hello from Gozaimasu, Ohio. My first exposure to this game was seeing what assisted be a planet sized mechaBuddha dropping a finger on an angry punchman who punched the finger.

The scene never fails to disappoint :allears:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Kaiki posted:

This anime is my favorite anime. I hope you try out the Japanese voices at some point, even off-screen. There's a vocal track in the main theme that's replaced by a flute in the English dub.

Yeah, I'm really liking the English dub so far but the decision to remove the vocals from "In your belief" is jus baffling.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

This is still my favorite game to watch someone who hasn't played it play. It truly defies belief throughout.

Third LP of this I'm watching. I regret nothing.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I love how Wyzen busted out a named attack, and Asura just nosells it by just loving punching him. No Brahman Punch, no Ougi! Sikh Red Hot Kick. Just punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Well, what is it?

• Locked thread