Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Man, these videos just fly past once they get rolling. thirty minutes gone just like that

Also I like that the big gorilla manages to keep a grip on the girl even while being shot in the rear end and punched about. And then he's nice enough to just run in a loop until Asura punches his lights out.

And the Dog Dad, I like him a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
A meat centrifuge, you say? Britain's premiere lunatic shed inventor has you covered.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I can't tell if it's more or less weird that softbank dog wasn't always a dog.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

WFGuy posted:

A meat centrifuge, you say? Britain's premiere lunatic shed inventor has you covered.

how do i get invited to this guys christmas party

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I can't tell if it's more or less weird that softbank dog wasn't always a dog.

But has their uncle always been a porpoise? Why is the brother black? This just leads to more questions!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

The Vosgian Beast posted:

But has their uncle always been a porpoise? Why is the brother black? This just leads to more questions!

You're too young to understand! Everything has a reason.
/
:regd09:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I appreciate the effort of making the last couple of eps 30 minutes long. Really drives home that "watching anime" feeling.

anilEhilated posted:

...I have no loving idea what that last commercial was supposed to promote.

Same.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Reknown seems to be chiefly a fashion company, or was when this commercial aired. There has to have been a better way to sell their brand than that. :psyduck:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

...I have no loving idea what that last commercial was supposed to promote.

Mattresses!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'm just perplexed that, according to the Japanese press, the Softbank dog's name is literally Father (Otōsan).

...I don't know what I expected :geno:

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I watched a whole bunch of Soft Bank commercials and they go places. However that's all I say since I assume the spoiler policy extends to them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

D_W posted:

My girlfriend and I watched a whole bunch of Soft Bank commercials and they go places. However that's all I say since I assume the spoiler policy extends to them.

Soft Bank is like its own ridiculous canon.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm hoping that if you guys say 'Roundabout meme' enough it'll actually come true.

Like Beetlejuice or Bloody Mary.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
This is much better than Dark Souls, Geop. Just keep playing this until it's over.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

poo poo, man, what can I even say.

Perfect group for this perfect game to make this so-far perfect LP.

I have strong opinions in favor of this protagonist, but for the most part they can be summed up like:

Asura roolz, Kratos droolz

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I like to imagine that somewhere in Japan, a Japanese guy is LPing Alan Wake and inserting the Geico Cavemen commercials for his audience to marvel at

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I like to imagine that somewhere in Japan, a Japanese guy is LPing Alan Wake and inserting the Geico Cavemen commercials for his audience to marvel at
I hope their audio is also blown out :staredog:

I'll fish around in the options this next session; if there's an in-game audio setting (fingers crossed?) then maybe if I reduce that, it'll drop the clipping. This is assuming that the audio itself isn't already clipped/hosed like crazy (meaning gaining it down would only give me quieter clipped audio).

At the very least, I'll probably lower the game audio a few dB in editing, starting this next session.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Audio-wise obviously the commentary takes precedent, and sometimes it can be hard to tell anyway because of all the scenery-chewing, but this game's score is tremendously good.

Here's some (Polsy-linked to avoid spoilers on YouTube).

The title screen music.

Really drat pretty main theme In Your Belief, which they replaced with an instrumental version for the English dub.

Chill arrangement used during the manga-style epilogue scenes, In Your Belief - Ethnic Arrange

Yasha's theme, Orphan Wolf Legend, and his fightin' theme Fang. And I'm not just saying this despite how the meme keeps coming up: Someone needs to work out a mashup with this theme and Yes' Roundabout. There are a few stylistic similarities already.

This of what we've seen already. It gets even better. Oh god does it ever.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
A later boss fight uses music from one of my favorite classical composers and it fits the scene perfectly

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
asura no you're a married man

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Gamerofthegame posted:

That was 12.5k years ago, man! Augus knows his boy's gotta relax a bit.

Also, I have to ask: why do Kalrow's bot guys need to send commands via interpretative dance?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

No, he's a widower!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I was honestly expecting a "MOONSTONE CANNON, FIRE!" and I am very slightly disappointed.

Related: https://youtu.be/gl2-xuUffi4

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 16, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Brunom1 posted:

Also, I have to ask: why do Kalrow's bot guys need to send commands via interpretative dance?

Because anime.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Anime! :argh:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
It's like people moving things through tai chi in Avatar (The Last Airbender not the bad one).

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I am so looking forward to the next part. :black101:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
So, I assume that a bunch of people came together to make an anime, but they could only get funding for a video game? How does this game exist?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I am going to admit I was getting upset by being blue-balled with the lack of punching an old man out of his monologue. But this was pretty good. I accept this outcome.

Today's commercials did not really grip me like the previous episodes. I love cats and everything but they didn't really do anything with them. It was fairly disappointing.

Gami Cross
Mar 28, 2008

Brunom1 posted:

"Dear mother and father. Last week I joined the navy with hopes to one day follow in father's footsteps as an interpretive dance main gunner. /// My superior dance officer Sgt Mettaton EX has called lights out, so until next time - Your loving danceboy:
Ballion Floater.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

So, I assume that a bunch of people came together to make an anime, but they could only get funding for a video game? How does this game exist?

Well CyberConnect22 is an established studio so I imagined they just wanted to make an anime and so set out to do so within their field of expertise.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Okay, so.

I would, truthfully and sincerely, pay moronic amounts of money for an action figure of Giant Lasergun Buddha.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Genocyber posted:

Well CyberConnect22 is an established studio so I imagined they just wanted to make an anime and so set out to do so within their field of expertise.

All told, they had a hell of a lot better results than the last game studio to take a crack at making its own anime. I'm talking of course about when Level-5 made Gundam AGE and drat near killed the whole Gundam franchise with it because Akihiro Hino, by his own admission, wrote it like he was writing a video game, and everyone hated it.

Then again, half the subforum knows I have an incredibly dim opinion of Hino's writing "talents", soooo...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Asura just going through arms like Reaper goes through guns.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
This game really does map to Overwatch in so many ways. Can't wait for Doomfist to be released as a playable hero so everything can come full circle.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I wish I could draw so I could draw you all a Super Robot Tyson.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Ye gods, this just starts from full-anime and just keeps on going up. I really can't wait to see where it goes from here (even if we do seem to be descending into the most tawdry cliches for the next episode...)

Night10194 posted:

Asura's angry seems a lot more personable and kind-hearted than Kratos'.

It's a question of ethos, I feel. Both of these guys had families that they lost, and both are characterized primarily as being violently angry, heroically determined, and not that bright, but what mainly separates them is the philosophy behind them- mainly that Asura has one at all while Kratos really doesn't; he's just a hyper-violent, hyper-sexualized figure through which to feel powerful and work out stress. But Asura has shown repeatedly that the main reason he wants revenge is not really because he himself has been hurt, but that his own view of decency and the right thing has been violated. It isn't just that his own daughter has been taken and enslaved (although that is a big part of it), it's that the idea of the young being forced to protect the old, of the weak being consumed and used by the strong, instead of the other way around, is offensive to him on a deeply personal level. Alas, he can't really articulate that feeling beyond anything other than "punching something very hard", but the thought is there

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think articulating the feeling of 'You motherfuckers better stop hiding behind the sacrifice of innocent souls and get on my fist train' is perfectly possible through the application of the fist train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Or in this episode, a good hugging session! :v:

• Locked thread