Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

sticklefifer posted:

The new set was the Summerslam set because it was in the same building. We'll likely get the regular one next week.

Bummer. I liked the new set and the huge LED ringposts. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Gonz posted:

Bummer. I liked the new set and the huge LED ringposts. :(

The LED Ringposts are the best bit and I hope they keep them for regular shows

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The ringposts were cool but I feel sorry for anyone sitting diagonal to the ring. I've had the behind-the-ringpost seat before and it's annoying, so those LED ones must be like 3x annoying. Still not as bad as the Wrestlemania corner pillars that caused a crapload of people to get their money back a couple years ago.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I hope the people that were losing their poo poo about how Brock was unsafe, reckless and dangerous are doing the same about Seth, who has injured 3 people in recent memory.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they are, and have all signed the petition to get seth rollins fired at change.org

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Universal Title is cursed.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man WWE is bumming me out on Mondays, doesn't help that the show being bad is compounded by the black hole of negativity from the fans. Like I just went to bed at 10 because even the GDT isn't fun enough to watch Raw, well that and my brother wanted to play the HD remake of Oddworld that he bought for the PS3.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What kayfabe reason was there for Brock not being in the universal title tourney?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

achillesforever6 posted:

Man WWE is bumming me out on Mondays, doesn't help that the show being bad is compounded by the black hole of negativity from the fans. Like I just went to bed at 10 because even the GDT isn't fun enough to watch Raw, well that and my brother wanted to play the HD remake of Oddworld that he bought for the PS3.

I started watching WWE TV regularly against with the brand split. I download the shows and watch with an extremely itchy fast forward finger. I can get through Raw in 70-100 mins, Smackdown in 40-70 and I've enjoyed pretty much every show so far

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Bigass Moth posted:

What kayfabe reason was there for Brock not being in the universal title tourney?
They didn't say it explicitly but

1) "There will be consequences" for him attacking Shane McMahon
2) If he really wanted it, wouldn't he have come out to the ring like everyone else to demand a title shot?
3) He's an unsafe worker who injuries everyone and is a jerk and unsafe, but upon further review
a) There is no one on the roster who is over/was ever over so gently caress it
b) Pretty much everyone is an unsafe piece of poo poo who can't work
c) Let Lesnar kill everyone who gives a poo poo
d) Actually Lesnar is also bad and never over so he doesn't deserve a shot
4) VINCEFLEX.jpg gently caress THIS COMPANY IT'S SO BAD THEY'RE LIKE ISIS AND WE'RE LIKE RAPE VICTIMS/HARAMBE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

It's ok, MNF in 3 weeks

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Somebody probably pointed this out already, but Finn relinquishing his title due to injury is just added to the long list of things Seth Rollins did first and better.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

It's ok, MNF in 3 weeks
I give less of a poo poo about the NFL even compared to my current apathy for Raw; like I will only give a poo poo about football if its the last 10 seconds of the 4th Quarter of the SB with the Steelers beating some lesser team by 21 pts so I could running to TFF and get all :smug: and post "Kiss the Rings" several times.

I mean I'm still going to the Raw PPV at Pittsburgh that is directly competing against a Steelers/Bengals SNF game

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 23, 2016

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Spermgod posted:

I hope the people that were losing their poo poo about how Brock was unsafe, reckless and dangerous are doing the same about Seth, who has injured 3 people in recent memory.

Might wanna tune into the next episode of Bret Hart's podcast.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Raw might suck but just wait until SD wherein the road to AJ Styles beating the gently caress out of Dean for the real belt begins. Have fun with that strawberry fake belt, CHUMPS

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

New details on the Brock Lesnar-Chris Jericho backstage fight:

- Jericho demanded answers on the Lesnar vs. Orton match, thinking it was a shoot
- Lesnar told him to mind his own business
- Jericho got really upset about this and continued demanding answers
- Lesnar pushed him
- Jericho rushed Lesnar
- Lesnar kissed Jericho on the forehead before saying “kiss me back, pussy”
- Jericho got in his face again
- Lesnar held his arms behind his back and said “hit me or kiss me, bitch”
- The confrontation was then broken up
- It was still heated enough that Vince McMahon got involved and told Jericho, who was still thinking he saw a shoot, that it was a work

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Raw was cool because Bayley lost her grip on Dana's head for a second but Dana kept headbutting the turnbuckle anyway. Holla.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Finn's injury is heartbreaking, and unless KO wins the title the main event scene of Raw is looking bleak for the near-future.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

The Grey posted:

- Lesnar kissed Jericho on the forehead before saying “kiss me back, pussy”
- Jericho got in his face again
- Lesnar held his arms behind his back and said “hit me or kiss me, bitch”

The gently caress?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ThePariah posted:

The gently caress?

Brock just wanted a Kiss From Chris™

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Grey posted:

New details on the Brock Lesnar-Chris Jericho backstage fight:

missed the part where Triple H pretty much went to bat for Jericho and said it was Lesnar's fault to Vince, which owns

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Jerusalem posted:

I'm serious that when Finn left and Seth came out to demand the belt, then Sami's music hit I got so loving excited because I legit thought the night was going to end with Sami beating Seth and becoming the new Champion. I apologize for nothing.

You and me both. I thought they were going to get real serious about trying to make "Night after Summerslam" a similar thing as the night after Mania.

Not sure which dream I have is more far-fetched, Sami winning the world title or Sami actually hitting a BRAINBUSTAAAAH in WWE.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Raw might suck but just wait until SD wherein the road to AJ Styles beating the gently caress out of Dean for the real belt begins. Have fun with that strawberry fake belt, CHUMPS

SD is probably getting a blueberry belt.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

ThePariah posted:

The gently caress?

Stephanie working in the LGBT storyline already

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I seriously can't believe the jobber just flat out said he loved big sweaty men

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
hell, I would have kissed Brock

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

ThePariah posted:

The gently caress?

Remember the angle where Lesnar kissed Kurt Angle on the lips? This makes sense.

Brock is the "I'm here because I love big sweaty men" jobber in real life.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
How bout that god awful Titus promo? Worst in recent memory.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

How bout that god awful Titus promo? Worst in recent memory.

I like how he stumbled over the first couple of lines like three times.

Also, Chris Jericho is the man.

pressedbunny posted:

Raw was cool because Bayley lost her grip on Dana's head for a second but Dana kept headbutting the turnbuckle anyway. Holla.

Does anyone have a gif of this sequence? I was cracking up at that, and also because Dana's head wasn't even close and she was smacking it with her hand.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Titus needs a push

Into a dumpster because he is garbage.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
It's hard to tell if he needs to be more scripted or less scripted. Whatever he was last night did not work.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

It's hard to tell if he needs to be more scripted or less scripted. Whatever he was last night did not work.

Well when he's scripted he seems to flub and forget his lines, like last night.

When he's unscripted, we get old school "Make it a win" Titus, so not much better.

He should not have a microphone. Or be in this business at all, really.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Chris Jericho is the real king of gently caress mountain of the wwe.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Jericho is so lucky to have Brock AND KO swooning over him.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
I hope Kevin Owens wins the stupid McDonalds belt and throws it down and stomps on it like he did the US title.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Didn't Jericho also go ape on that referee for loving up a spot and possibly injuring someone?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Well that time Neville died he went over to Charles Robonson and started yelling at him when he wouldn't stop the match

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Anal Surgery posted:

Didn't Jericho also go ape on that referee for loving up a spot and possibly injuring someone?

also hosed with Goldberg and won once lol. Jericho owns

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Well that time Neville died he went over to Charles Robonson and started yelling at him when he wouldn't stop the match

Yeah that's the one I'm thinking of.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Howling Man posted:

Chris Jericho is the real king of gently caress mountain of the wwe.

"Hug me you stupid idiot"

Bayley: :swoon:

"Not you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Jericares

• Locked thread