Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
No idea if the vibrating does the blindest bit of good compared to a strong wrist action (bet you've got one of those, op), but the real trick is the timer. Didn't know what a lazy bastard I was til I went electric, knowing that you're actually brushing for two minutes every time makes a big difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
gotta OC that bad boy for maximum effect. slap an extra lithium ion battery pack and watch those molars dance

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Galaspar posted:

No idea if the vibrating does the blindest bit of good compared to a strong wrist action (bet you've got one of those, op), but the real trick is the timer. Didn't know what a lazy bastard I was til I went electric, knowing that you're actually brushing for two minutes every time makes a big difference.

most people scrub sideways too, this prevents that

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Mozi posted:

gotta OC that bad boy for maximum effect. slap an extra lithium ion battery pack and watch those molars dance

how fast can a toothbrush vibrate? 4.0 Ghz?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

thank you

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I have a Sonicare toothbrush, and when I tried it the first time, I literally just felt like I got a cleaning at the dentist. Some how that vibration shakes out particles you would usually never get out otherwise. I've been using it for quite some time (probably 12+ years) and my teeth feel healthy and safe from cavities. So maybe some electric toothbrushes are a scam, but not this one!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i stopped brushing and started vaping

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Ferroque posted:

how fast can a toothbrush vibrate? 4.0 Ghz?

not sure but it's very quantum

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Lol op your teeth are probably gross.

I use a sonicare and my teeth have never been so clean. My dentist even commented on the improvement. The strong vibrations and built-in timer work wonders in ways your limp wristed poo poo can't compare to

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OctoberBlues posted:

It's just how our brains work man, we're big dumb apes.

i dont think they had gamer scores back then

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
its not a scam

its a gimmick

learn the difference ya mug

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The switch to an electric toothbrush made a big positive difference for my dental health.

I think the op actually knew of the many benefits of the electric toothbrush and made this thread as a false flag to draw out positive testimonials like mine. Likely a guerilla marketing shill.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

P-Mack posted:

The switch to an electric toothbrush made a big positive difference for my dental health.

I think the op actually knew of the many benefits of the electric toothbrush and made this thread as a false flag to draw out positive testimonials like mine. Likely a guerilla marketing shill.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I have a Sonicare toothbrush, and when I tried it the first time, I literally just felt like I got a cleaning at the dentist. Some how that vibration shakes out particles you would usually never get out otherwise. I've been using it for quite some time (probably 12+ years) and my teeth feel healthy and safe from cavities. So maybe some electric toothbrushes are a scam, but not this one!

Agreed. I bought myself a 2 pack for me and the GF at MF COSTCO BITCH (look for sale prices, especially for brush heads), and it was a revelation. I convinced my mom, my sister and her man to get one.

PROTIP:the Listerine Access Flosser is fuckin awesome.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NK414YO/ref=twister_B01DLAGWNY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
for real sonicare is good as gently caress and you're an idiot if you don't buy one it's not even that expensive. it's like one of the few products i've bought in the past decade that i can say is actually a good investment

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

thathonkey posted:

for real sonicare is good as gently caress and you're an idiot if you don't buy one it's not even that expensive. it's like one of the few products i've bought in the past decade that i can say is actually a good investment

Overwatch certainly wasn't :angel:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Idk about real dental benefits but they're useful for model work, just rip the bristles out, slap some velcro sandpaper on and you got a simple surface sander

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

in queso emergency break glass

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
i like my electric toothbrush and use it regularly on my teeth

^^^^ yeah ours came from Costco too plus the mouthwash and my teeth stay clean, it's good time s

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

let the record show i've never gotten a cavity because Traditional Brushing is superior

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Overwatch certainly wasn't :angel:

goddammit doc tim youre right i havent played in months

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

electric toothbrushes are just scrotum ticklers in disguise fyi

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i am wearing anew shirt and i just realized it has little tie fighters all over it :vince:

I hope it's a button down short sleever

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I use mine to clean my nuts

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
thinking of getting a Sonicare thanks to this thread. it doesn't clean off caps/fillings? they seem hardcore so thats what I'd be afraid of

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kuato posted:

thinking of getting a Sonicare thanks to this thread. it doesn't clean off caps/fillings? they seem hardcore so thats what I'd be afraid of

No? Beta much you foul mouthed deformity?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ferroque posted:

let the record show i've never gotten a cavity because Traditional Brushing is superior

Post ur gums

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCHPLnA9MUM

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I clean my teeth with a stick and a rag soaked in diesel, so loving lol if you're some pussy who uses a traditional brush

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i literally do nothing but shove a hose down my throat and drink what nutrients are needed to live a healthy life, including as much tooth-deteriorating sugars as i please. toothbrushes. heh. you all suck.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

having teeth is for suckers. say hello to big dentistry for me

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

thathonkey posted:

goddammit doc tim youre right i havent played in months

your watch is over at last

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

anyone ever gotten a bj from a toothless person? is it true that it's fuckin amazing or was i lied to

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I like to brush my teeth while pooping.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

nawcom posted:

anyone ever gotten a bj from a toothless person? is it true that it's fuckin amazing or was i lied to

No it sucks. They're too busy crying, and they get blood everywhere.

Maybe I should have used pliers instead of a hammer.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sonicare is for poors who can't afford to keep a personal dentist on retainer (no pun intended).

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Sonicare is for poors who can't afford to keep a personal dentist on retainer (no pun intended).

do you have your dentist on retainer brush your teeth every morning, evening, and maybe after lunch if you're a good boy ?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

do you have your dentist on retainer brush your teeth every morning, evening, and maybe after lunch if you're a good boy ?

Ofc. I'm paying for him I'm gonna use him.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Guy who makes a living repairing broken teeth recommends certain tool to keep teeth in shape.
Would totally trust that guys advice when buying tooth-related items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

What you really need is a brush with a head that rotates at ridiculously high speeds such that you get more brush action than you could possibly achieve by hand unless you spent all day brushing. A pressure sensor that warns you if you are brushing too hard also helps avoid receding gums. The type that only add vibrations to an otherwise normal brush probably don't do all that much unless you got yourself some teeth-clits. Although i use a clarisonic to clean my face and its awesome, so maybe vibrations can help cleaning. i don't know, tbh i just wanted to embed the phrase teeth-clit in an otherwise normal seeming post.

• Locked thread