Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
weed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Boomstick Quaid posted:

My doctor dropped that he was gonna piss test me in three months two months ago and it has been a summer of discontent

why would you care about your doctor testing you? doctors give 0 fucks if you smoke and aren't allowed to rat you out by law, even if they did?

i've never heard of insurance screenings care about weed either. its literally only the US federal government that cares about peoples piss

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
spacebuckets is loving retarded waste of time, is just as legal/illegal as growing weed the right way, except you take all the risk and end up with 0.75 grams of doink instead of a half pound of dank

e: also it probably costs as much (or more) at the end of the day as a cheap 2x4 grow tent and 400 watt light.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Oberleutnant posted:

I guess the point is for it to be useful for people without much space to grow in any other setting, while also being slightly less conspicuous by not being out in natural light and plain view or whatever

doesn't mean it isn't a waste of time and money.

its not like people just invented this, every teenage kid since forever (including me) thought he was "getting one over on the man" with his one lightbulb in the closet with a straggly little weed plant under it

everyone starts out "im trying this experiment" going to grow with 3 CFLs they got at wal mart, but then they never come back to tell you how the "experiment" turned out

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

:yeah:

also weed

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
guys i broke my bong it was a really nice big 9m glass one

i blame the OP and the "war on drugs" for this

i am going to buy a plastic bong and use a glass slide for anything taller than a foot

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

AkumaHokoru posted:

dhgate if you dont mind waiting 3 weeks. high end bongs sub 60 dollars

you need to get a consistent guy.

cheap chinese glass can have tiny air bubbles which shatter under heat and you inhale microscopic glass particles which is as bad as asbestos

according to the purveyor of fine US made glass ware at the bong store

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

that "inhaling microscopic glass particles in chinese bongs" thing sounds like some bullshit imo

it isnt, stay away from glass bowls. frosted and decorative glasses are esp bad.

cigarettes with fiberglass filters cause the same kind of damage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicosis

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Lol, you don't even understand the wikipedia article you're quoting your dumbass mythology from.

tell me what it is that I dont understand about inhaling silicate not being a healthy thing

e: oh wait you don't know that that is what glass is made of maybe?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
pizza isnt that great you can get chinese and swiss chalet delivered

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
who wants to get high and play dark souls

i just fought that one chick lmao he totally hosed me up

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
guys i just got one of this

i cant break this bong, its silicone

and its a really good bong it doesnt hit like plastic poo poo, takes normal stems and bowls, you can store the stem inside the ice catcher for travel times

two thumbs up from this subject matter expert

e: and the bottom is a suction cup it really is the best of bongs i highly recommend smoking weed

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
also i got a box of pogos you cant beat pogos and dank

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

thathonkey posted:

that's pretty cool how much

like 80 bucks canadian which is about "ocho sombrero" in mexican

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

BONGHITZ posted:

Hmm. Is it safe to smoke out of silicon?

i doubt it that's why I got silicone

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Zorodius posted:

Silicone bakeware is supposed to be safe, but it smells horrible when it gets hot, so I don't believe that and I wouldn't want to smoke off it either.

ya i stay away from it i try to eat gluten free

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Gravity bong makes for the absolute worst tasting smoke. Please buy papers and enjoy your smoking

i think you are doing it wrong

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

thathonkey posted:

i have no proof per se but strongly believe this started happening somewhere up the chain over the past 5 years or so especially. seems like no matter who i get poo poo from the outside of the nugs will be fairly devoid of crystals and wont leave kief on the hands while the inside looks like what youd expect if it's good enough to glisten and sparkle.

makes sense with the rise in popularity of kief based products

possibly but i think this has more to do with auto trimming machines and the rise of commercial scale growing

in which case we're both right, since everyone is dialing those things in for closer trims so they can make bubble hash/oils/salves/etc

where's the lovingly hand-trimmed 1 oz buds I used to buy? nobody takes the time to manicure stuff like that. where's the love? :qq:

you really aren't missing all that much just bouncing the crystals off the buds though

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

thathonkey posted:

oh yeah that makes sense. would the stuff you buy at a store in one of the states where it is legal have the same issue though? i remember back in the day when i would get good weed it would just be covered on the outside and handling it would leave my hands all sticky. not the case anymore.

yeah for sure because it is handled so much and dumped out of jars and the crystals are all gonna fall off

back in the day the weed was grown in some dudes house, shoved into bags, then to you and me.. now we got big huge indoor farms harvesting hundreds of pounds

you'd get the great hand manicured awesome colas but then also you'd get stuff that was bagged up when it was still wet and got moldy

overall the weed world going pro is a good thing, but if you want the best of the best of the best, you really gotta grow it yourself.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
dont put the bowl in the bottle cap, put the stem through the side of the bottle so the bottom sits underwater (may have to extend with a straw), that way you get water bong and hiroshima together in what I liked to call "the bongashima".

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Vape Bag posted:

How dirty is silicone gonna get?

it rinses out better than glass so far and i can put it through the dishwasher if i want it to look brand new again

the ice-catching ring pops out so is really easy to get at the insides, i give it a high rating for cleaning

this is a good rear end bong i predict you will be seeing these at beaches and parks and concerts hencewith

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
if you put tobacco in your weed your a total bad of a person

if you use "batch" to plug the hole on your bong your just as bad a person

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

when i was in high school (and a regular cigarette smoker) there was a popular rumor that smoking a cigarette immediately after smoking a bowl would "increase your high by 15%" while im sure that number is bullshit it definitely gives a nice lil boost

for us it was always that the smoke would stretch out the high.. ie; we'd go out and smoke a doob at start of lunch hour, and have a quick smoke just before class starts knowing the tobacco would stretch the buzz out to cover boring old whatever class

blah blah who cares right? im never going to use this stuff in reel life gently caress it

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

BONGHITZ posted:

What goes on at the west Indian parade?

steel drums

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
bee line just fills your house with lovely hemp string ash and is a dumb idea for idiots

bic lighters are the appropriate way to operate a bong

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqYEiRQkTvc

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
weed

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
https://youtu.be/DBGOGQXi3Ac

"white cookies" is what is going on i guess

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
smoking resin is disgusting hobo behavior, like picking other peoples used cigarette butts out of the gutter

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
dabbing is just vaporizing cannabis resin and carries all the idiocy of the vaping scene with it with big ridiculous rigs

it's not my thing but i'm probably still tainted by memories of dirty lovely weed oils people used to make out of garbage when I was a kid, a lot of it nearly as gross as smoking resin

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

The Tao Jones posted:

You know how cocaine is badically weaponized coca leaf? Dabs are kind of the equivalent of the cannabis plant.

not even close at all

like, this is some D.A.R.E propoganda poo poo, lmao

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

nah there are a lot of popular wax/oil vape pens that are intentionally very small and discreet. and the vapor doesn't make nearly as much of a smell as actual smoke, so its useful in many situations.

ya, i've used them, i'm not a big fan of vapes in general, i like the instant high you get when smoking. with those little pipes i'd waste the whole thing not knowing if i was high yet.

i dont care so much about smell anymore since i am grown up and dont need to hide the fact that i smoke, would have been handy in university days though

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

The Tao Jones posted:

like, eat poo poo lmao

now google what cocaine is

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
here's a start

https://erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/coca2cocaine.html

a lot more going on chemically than "use alcohol wash to seperate the kief from the leaf"

e: nothing is "converted" into anything else when you make weed oil. you are just separating the part of the plant with the thc from the part without

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
we might as well say hash oil is the same as heroin

i these are the same arguments that the DEA uses to call it a "manufactured product" and give you bigger sentences for crack, than they would for cocaine.

people still believe homemade moonshine will make you go blind, so good was the propaganda during prohibition.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

the propaganda exaggerated it but it is possible for some types of alcohol to cause blindness

of course people die from drinking too much regular old name brand alcohol all the time..

you need to drink a decent amount of methanol (aka wood alcohol) to go blind or die

when you distill grains like corn or barley, you make ethanol (grain alcohol), you don't make methanol in any significant amount.

there aren't really any records of anybody out there dying and going blind from drinking homemade moonshine, and there are a whole lot of people out there doing it just for fun - I was surprised how popular a hobby this is when I lived in the south.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

lol no dude people have been selling moonshine with methanol and far worse chemicals in it for a long time and people still go blind and die from it all the time in many parts of the world

http://bmcclinpharma.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1472-6904-9-5

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/asia/india-moonshine-deaths-mumbai/

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-deadly-side-of-moonshine-41629081/?no-ist

you arent as likely to see this happening with backyard hobbyists in first world countries for obvious reasons, but when moonshine is made and sold on a larger scales for profit then yeah theres sometimes going to be methanol and who knows what else involved

yes, you can deliberately add poison to a beverage and make it a poisonous beverage

but it has nothing to do with the process of making moonshine or it being at all dangerous to make your own

you could, in theory, put a bomb inside a hamburger. that doesn't mean there is any danger that if you try to make your own burgers at home you might accidentally blow yourself up - and that therefore we should only be allowed to buy burgers from mcdonalds

the truth is it's safest to make your own burgers, distill your own booze, and grow your own weed

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Cordon bleu posted:

its good that industrial coke dealers like you use such figurative language these days. soothing really.

industrial coke dealer lol

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Skilleddk posted:

my hands are super shaky and i cant roll a proper joint. friends laugh at me. what can i do

buy a joint rolling machine

e: also, if you say "you don't have to smoke it if they don't like the way im rolling it" people will stop making fun of you. they'd smoke it even if you duct taped it shut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
squirting icing out of the tube right into my mouth and it feels really classy because of the weed i smoked