Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
It's just too bad he's still so boring to watch in the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The fact that The Miz might very well be the best heel in the WWE is so awesome

Captain Magic posted:

I don't really agree with this. He's not the greatest but he's vastly improved over the past couple of years

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 24, 2016

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
miz can bring the loving fire on the mic but he wrestles like a toilet

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Eh, he's boring in the ring and doesn't do his opponents any favors. But yeah on the mic, Miz is incredible in his role.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Go RV! posted:

guys

does...

does The Miz own?

THE MIZ ALWAYS OWNED. :colbert:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

no loving way was that pre-planned. bryan crossed a line in calling him a coward. i mean you can be critical of the guy's performances but you can't just say something like that. miz took that way personal and delivered the promo of a lifetime.

Totally agreeing with this. And Miz fired right back with how Daniel's "not cowardly" style got him an early retirement. That was tense as hell.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
drat miz bro smoke a bowl and eat some kfc and dominoes

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Welcome to the train folks. The Miz loving rules.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

His gimmick is "Best Wrestler On Earth And Knows It". Like, he's not Jimmy Bootsntights, he actually has a very distinct personality and cuts great promos and is charismatic. I'm not sure what else you could want.

Uhh, I'm not sure how that is significantly different from, say, Seth Rollins. Or a huge number of heels.

Dudes like CM Punk, Chris Jericho, etc. managed to have some aspects to their gimmick in addition to "best in the world" / "best there is at what I do"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
really hate people that say the miz is bad

really do

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Miz is awesome

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Talking Smack seems to have become the 'Daniel Bryan airs his personal grievances with people/bring up harsh truths while they're live on camera and struggling to find a kayfabe way to react to the poo poo he drops on them' show. It's great

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

talking smack is better than any single hour of raw was

WWE Raw is very good.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
repent for the miz hate psp, he is, in fact, awesome

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Captain Magic posted:

That's ok because he has Maryse at ringside to make up for it now.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
went and watched that, and man, Miz is beautiful and Daniel Bryan walking off made it great as hell. The Miz and Daniel Bryan feuding from Daniel's first day in the company will always be the best.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Ducked out for a few, catching up on Talking Smack.

"Everybody hated the Universal Championship!" I so love Daniel Bryan.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I haven't watched but checked back in here and saw reactions. Can I get a summary of what I just missed?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

WrasslorMonkey posted:

uh oh

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

WrasslorMonkey posted:

It turns out Wrasslor Monkey is Daniel Bryan

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dangerous Person posted:

I haven't watched but checked back in here and saw reactions. Can I get a summary of what I just missed?

There's links to it in the discussion thread.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dangerous Person posted:

Daniel praised his new belts, dumped on the Universal title

Carmella attacked Nikki

Usos chatted a bit about the tag tournament and dumped on Roman a little

Then Miz came storming onto the set and uh cut one of the best promos of the year, if not last few years

https://streamable.com/v7j2

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dangerous Person posted:

https://streamable.com/v7j2

WrasslorMonkey posted:

You can kayfabe wave that away as Raw/Smackdown rivalry like Shane and Bryan tweeting that big U title belt they madeto make fun of the universal name but yeah Bryan don't give a gently caress about staying on-message

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RacistGuidingLight posted:

It turns out Wrasslor Monkey is Daniel Bryan

you know DBry had to work extra hard that night in Road Block when he wrestled Roman...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Edit: Never mind, just watch it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Watching that video now and drat

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
That had to be a work but I love that there's any doubt at all about it

KAYFABE IS BACK BOYS

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Soothing Vapors posted:

That had to be a work but I love that there's any doubt at all about it

KAYFABE IS BACK BOYS

All it took was the rise of worked shoot works of shoots!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Between the awesome Carmella attack and the Miz promo, Talking Smack managed to have the hottest angles in WWE right now.

I hope that Miz becomes completely unhinged and tries to prove his worth as a wrestler resulting in calling out the wrong indie dude (Joe) and dying.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If Miz becomes a fighting champ and in a couple months from now calls out someone and like Joe appears and Miz fights valiantly trying to prove his worth in a good match as a heel but gets crushed hard at the end cause Joe is too much beast then it'd be a good end to his reign.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SomeMathGuy posted:

What show are Golden Truth on?

If it wasn't covered already, they're on RAM.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

MotU posted:

really hate people that say the miz is bad

really do

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Miz Appreciation Station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKU_k9mcZsc

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There were actually several coherent throughlines in this episode that either set up the future or came to a logical conclusion. How about that.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress, I missed Talking Smack, tell me I can catch it on the network after I get home from work today

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Fenrir posted:

gently caress, I missed Talking Smack, tell me I can catch it on the network after I get home from work today

yep all live shows on the network can be replayed whenever after theyre done

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

yep all live shows on the network can be replayed whenever after theyre done

Hell, you can watch live stuff from the start even while it's in progress.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
DB vs Miz was an awesome job by everyone involved. Fairly certain they are just creating buzz to get more eyes on Talking Smack though. Maybe a tad off script but I'm convinced the results were the same. Walk off in anger is the only good result Bryan could get out of that. He being a "GM" now and also a guy they won't allow wrestle. Also, that makes Miz look strong on the mic because he spit fire so hot DB had to leave. Good for both men, really.

Also... Bryan Danielson would mop the floor with Michael Gregory :colbert:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

no loving way was that pre-planned. bryan crossed a line in calling him a coward. i mean you can be critical of the guy's performances but you can't just say something like that. miz took that way personal and delivered the promo of a lifetime.

You got worked. They get more creative freedom on SD but that means they get to decide what kind of content to generate and it gets to have a looser feel, but that doesn't mean they're shooting. Miz works heel and nearly always has, and Bryan and Miz have been interacting with each other literally since Bryan's day one in WWE when he was his smug prick of a "mentor" in NXT. Miz is a class act IRL, and the reason his position in the company is so secure is because he does everything right on the PR end. There's no way he'd just haul off on Bryan like that if Bryan didn't give the OK first. He likely told Miz to lay into him that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

You got worked. They get more creative freedom on SD but that means they get to decide what kind of content to generate and it gets to have a looser feel, but that doesn't mean they're shooting. Miz works heel and nearly always has, and Bryan and Miz have been interacting with each other literally since Bryan's day one in WWE when he was his smug prick of a "mentor" in NXT. Miz is a class act IRL, and the reason his position in the company is so secure is because he does everything right on the PR end. There's no way he'd just haul off on Bryan like that if Bryan didn't give the OK first. He likely told Miz to lay into him that hard.

Miz new King of Verbal Strong Style.

• Locked thread